Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

wwe fans haven’t seen someone actually work heel in years so it is no surprise the rock doing heel stuff is rivaling the MCU in storytelling

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Critical
Aug 23, 2007

Seams posted:

Turning your Forever Champ into the third wheel in the main event feud seems bad.

honestly one of the funniest things they've ever done

it's the real life version of the mother brain fight from super metroid

1glitch0
Sep 4, 2018

I DON'T GIVE A CRAP WHAT SHE BELIEVES THE HARRY POTTER BOOKS CHANGED MY LIFE #HUFFLEPUFF
Roman Reigns has been a terrible and boring drag as champion for years and it's really funny if it all ends up being in service of the Rock swooping in and stealing every ounce of Roman's heat and then having Roman job to AEW co-founder Cody Rhodes.

zetamind2000
Nov 6, 2007

I'm an alien.

Seams posted:

Turning your Forever Champ into the third wheel in the main event feud seems bad.

counterpoint: there are fewer chances for roman to poo poo his doo doo rear end on the mic or in a match

Blasmeister
Jan 15, 2012

2Time TRP Sack Race Champion

1glitch0 posted:

Roman Reigns has been a terrible and boring drag as champion for years and it's really funny if it all ends up being in service of the Rock swooping in and stealing every ounce of Roman's heat and then having Roman job to AEW co-founder Cody Rhodes.

Now that Rock is the Final Boss can Cody’s story even truly be called finished until he defends his new belt vs the Great One at Summerslam?

Majinfoose
Jul 26, 2007

HOLY SHIT
This vegan brisket is bussin

zetamind2000 posted:

counterpoint: there are fewer chances for roman to poo poo his doo doo rear end on the mic or in a match

Finally booking to Roman's strengths (he has none)

Majinfoose
Jul 26, 2007

HOLY SHIT

Also would the Rock actually survive working a match?

Joey McChrist
Aug 8, 2005

he split his abdominal wall in half the last time he wrestled so probably not no

hes gonna take a cross rhodes and his limbs are gonna fly into the audience like a crash test dummy

zetamind2000
Nov 6, 2007

I'm an alien.

Majinfoose posted:

Also would the Rock actually survive working a match?

this was the rock after his mania match eleven years ago

quote:

Dwayne “The Rock” Johnson tore his abdominal and abductor tendons off his pelvis during his headlining match against John Cena at Wrestlemania 29.

“Sometimes we pay the price.. Midway thru my Wrestlemania match I tore my Abdominal & Adductor tendons off my pelvis,” The Rock posted on Instagram. “Yup, that [expletive] hurt;). Thank U Dr Lee Kaplan & Univ of Miami medical staff & THANK YOU to the fans for all the love/well wishes! Rehab starts in 3..2..#bringit”

he would have to be made of metal to survive a match now

Eat My Fuc
May 29, 2007

Majinfoose posted:

I'm glad you're enjoying it, and the product has been hotter than normal, but I can't get passed the company being what it is, and this isn't for me.

But a criticism of this angle is, why isn't Roman the one doing this stuff? I know The Rock MIGHT be involved in the title match, but The Rock being the main character of this angle doesn't really jive with me, especially since he's largely here to get eyes off the rape story. I know this is a company about moments, so everything else is largely secondary.

Or more concisely put...

I willxagree Roman needs a bigger role but like as always he is the product of his over push. A case study on how not to build a top guy when Cody can come in and instantly take his years held spot

Dragonshirt
Oct 28, 2010

a sight for sore eyes
Cody is going to lose to Roman again. No way do they abandon their record breaking project at this point.

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014

Dragonshirt posted:

Cody is going to lose to Roman again. No way do they abandon their record breaking project at this point.

cody will lose to the rock and roman wont even show up

Majinfoose
Jul 26, 2007

HOLY SHIT

Cody losing would be the funniest outcome because him winning is such an easy lay up that Trips and co would be stupid not to do it.

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

Is there a stip on the Cody/Seth vs Rock/Roman match? I feel like at one point it was for some sort of advantage in Cody/Roman

post hole digger
Mar 21, 2011

super macho dude posted:

It really feels like to me that whatever angle they are planning for Mania is going to be The Rock turning on Roman at the end as an elaborate planned set-up from Cody and the Rock.

I'm also terrible at guessing booking and have always ranked extremely low whenever we play the PPV Prediction Games so I dunno

i think the match at this point is straight up just going to be rock vs cody

post hole digger
Mar 21, 2011

i dont know why i said that, i only read the last 2 pages of this thread and that is the entirety of what i know about wwe right now lmao :justpost:

super macho dude
Aug 9, 2014

projecthalaxy posted:

Is there a stip on the Cody/Seth vs Rock/Roman match? I feel like at one point it was for some sort of advantage in Cody/Roman

Isn't it if Cody & Seth lose the tag match, then the Universal Championship match on Night 2 falls under "Bloodline Rules" which I guess is just every Roman title match defense anyway but now run-ins are legal? Rock said it a couple weeks ago and then they haven't gone back to it since iirc

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014

cody defeated roman reigns and reveled in his conquest but they say there is only true champion of sports entertainment... and that champion had returned. triple h the game

kitten emergency
Jan 13, 2008

get meow this wack-ass crystal prison

super macho dude posted:

Isn't it if Cody & Seth lose the tag match, then the Universal Championship match on Night 2 falls under "Bloodline Rules" which I guess is just every Roman title match defense anyway but now run-ins are legal? Rock said it a couple weeks ago and then they haven't gone back to it since iirc

someone better club Cody with a rubber chicken

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Majinfoose posted:

Cody losing would be the funniest outcome because him winning is such an easy lay up that Trips and co would be stupid not to do it.

Just like last year I find myself in a position where I really want Cody to lose just cause it will be hilarious

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

It'd actually be supremely funny it after Sami actually got Roman over as the guy after years of trying the WWE ends up undoing it all cause of the Rock. Just peak comedy

a.lo
Sep 12, 2009

Brock is coming back to cost Cody the belt

Digital Jedi
May 28, 2007

Fallen Rib

Rarity posted:

Just like last year I find myself in a position where I really want Cody to lose just cause it will be hilarious

Digital Jedi fucked around with this message at 01:48 on Mar 30, 2024

Eat My Fuc
May 29, 2007

I am sure Cody and Rollins will lose night one.

Drakkel
May 6, 2007

IT'S LIKE I CAN TOUCH YOU!
He could even lose both nights. Gotta get that Hogan record, brother!

Majinfoose
Jul 26, 2007

HOLY SHIT

Have Rock and Roman get physical two days in a row is tempting fate

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014

the rock will explode like vegeta vs majin buu and take the stadium with him dave meltzer awards the match 3 stars

That DICK!
Sep 28, 2010

im guessing they're gonna have cody lose night one and then hes gonna tragically die before night 2

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014

cody found dead in his room the cause of death? (chuckles) Cody Total Exit or CTE

Majinfoose
Jul 26, 2007

HOLY SHIT

16-bit Butt-Head posted:

the rock will explode like vegeta vs majin buu and take the stadium with him dave meltzer awards the match 3 stars

"Roman.....Solo..... I do this for you. And yes....even you...YA DUMB BITCH CODY IF YA SMELLLLLLLL..."*explodes*

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

Rarity posted:

:yeah:

Erin M. Fiasco
Mar 21, 2013

Nothing's better than postin' in the morning!

They should have brought back Hardcore Holly and had Roman Reigns send him flying in the air and exploded him Krillin-style to add some real old school HEAT to this feud 👀🔥

TheKingslayer
Sep 3, 2008

Can't wait for dumb dumbs to breathlessly rush in to talk about how epic two guys having a half speed match for an hour (forty minutes is entrances) while talking at each other in the middle is.

Drakkel
May 6, 2007

IT'S LIKE I CAN TOUCH YOU!
The Rock's gonna go for the lock-up and it'll be like when Dio tried to land the killing blow on Jotaro and then it cuts to him getting ragdolled across a bridge while every muscle in his body explodes simultaneously

Majinfoose
Jul 26, 2007

HOLY SHIT

Freeza still some how less evil than Vince McMahon

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014

bringing back dustin rhodes just so roman can death beam him for cheap heat

TheKingslayer
Sep 3, 2008

Majinfoose posted:

Freeza still some how less evil than Vince McMahon

Frieza might be a genocidal monster but think of all the good people that work for him.

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014

frieza knows what the people want and he'd give it to them

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014

frieza gives his workers free healthcare and lets them live out their lives in peace as long as they dont piss him off he's a good guy smh

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ringo Roadagain
Mar 27, 2010

hey I heard that the rock went off the script?