Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: Sub-Actuality)

Dieting Hippo
Jan 5, 2006

THIS IS NOT A PROPER DIET FOR A HIPPO
: Die 25 Times

i died a lot

turn off signatures

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

Dieting Hippo posted:

i died a lot

every single one of those games is on the list already. cahm ahn

P-Mack
Nov 10, 2007

: Cast a level 9 spell

Will Chain Lightning take me to a clear before the deadline? Let's find out!

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

trying to claim the two towers game beat trophy by beating super mario brothers

Sub-Actuality
Apr 17, 2007

Dieting Hippo posted:

i died a lot

you gotta pick your own roguelike and die 25 times in that one, hombre. there's still time

Fungah! posted:

lol

welcome
Jun 28, 2002

rail slut
You can probably die 25 times in 5 minutes picking prisoner in Lair of the Imp.

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

: Complete Gates of Moria

Treasure behind the waterfall, all is as it should be.

Dieting Hippo
Jan 5, 2006

welcome posted:

You can probably die 25 times in 5 minutes picking prisoner in Lair of the Imp.

wow prisoner is rough lol, i only got any exp like 1 time

ok for real

here's the 24 other prisoner runs where i got brutally murdered

turn off signatures

Dieting Hippo
Jan 5, 2006

Fungah! posted:

turn off signatures

Arch Nemesis
Mar 27, 2007

: Rescue a puppy
: Clear either the village dungeon or the druid dungeon

puppy dungeon is no joke, I died in there a bunch of times. trying not to kill cats is a pain in the rear end, had to kill one to save the dog but I probably shouldn't even worry about that until I get way closer to where it matters. gonna see if I can at least get one neethack trophy before we're done

Only registered members can see post attachments!

P-Mack
Nov 10, 2007

: Get three runes

it's time for zot. can't wait to see how I blow it

mbt
Aug 13, 2012

: Beat it

claiming these before i forget

Sub-Actuality
Apr 17, 2007

Dieting Hippo posted:

wow prisoner is rough lol, i only got any exp like 1 time

ok for real

here's the 24 other prisoner runs where i got brutally murdered

good work lol

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

Hell Month was a blast and even though I didn't get very far on most of the games I'm proud of how I did.

welcome
Jun 28, 2002

rail slut
Don't think I'm going to figure out how to play Qud before time's up. Que pena.

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

I hate the crab chute. Electric or fire I can get through just fine but if I pick the crab chute my run is over.

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

I was going for 1 more tome trophy but I can't even begin to work out how to beat the master. Well I killed him once (he revives) and the game crashed, putting me back on floor 1 of dreadfell. when I got back up the new one resists my main 2 damage types. lol

Arch Nemesis
Mar 27, 2007

badass pony

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Plebian Parasite
Oct 12, 2012

If it wasn't for hell month I wouldn't have realized how much I loving hate tome

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

ran away to get more exp and got bored fighting the vampires 1 by 1 in the last hope graveyard and went right for the boss after 5 or 6 of them. do not do that.

should have played the two towers today

Vadun
Mar 9, 2011

I'm hungrier than a green snake in a sugar cane field.

I have a badass Djinn FE going in Crawl but I'm playing pathfinder with friends, dont think I'll be back by midnight.

Guess I won't be getting the level 9 spell trophy l, or any other remaining Roguelike month trophies.

Had a good run though. Beat Tome4, Doom RL and Jupiter Hell for the first time.

P-Mack
Nov 10, 2007

: Ascend

: Ascend for your first time ever (PLATINUM)

Was kinda disappointed that I barely touched some of the other games after falling in the Crawl hole, but it would have really sucked to have not gotten this trophy in before midnight. Run started off blessed with a couple of scrolls of acquirement and then the djinni RNG blessed me with a pretty good spell selection. Playing Djinni really made this game click for me because it forced me to try weird spells and really wrap my head around the systems, instead of playing the wiki recommended Minotaur Berserker and mashing tab without really getting it.

MVP of this run was probably getting Enfeeble which let me neuter all the late game liches, orbs of fire, etc. before even finding out what hosed up abilities they have. Runner up was Bombard, because I really needed a non-elemental damage spell for midgame and that came along just in time.

Overall Crawl thoughts- It's a very streamlined game, it's really good at trimming all the fat from a roguelike to just the Meaningful Decisions. But that also loses the funny stupid deaths from getting your whole inventory cursed or having a crucial item stolen by leprechauns. It's great but there's just a little bit of spice that's not in there and can't be there with the way the game is so thoroughly Game Designed. And that's fine, I can just play other games if I want that. Really glad Crawl finally clicked for me this month, I can see myself playing this for a long time.

Arch Nemesis
Mar 27, 2007

P-Mack posted:

Was kinda disappointed that I barely touched some of the other games after falling in the Crawl hole, but it would have really sucked to have not gotten this trophy in before midnight. Run started off blessed with a couple of scrolls of acquirement and then the djinni RNG blessed me with a pretty good spell selection. Playing Djinni really made this game click for me because it forced me to try weird spells and really wrap my head around the systems, instead of playing the wiki recommended Minotaur Berserker and mashing tab without really getting it.

MVP of this run was probably getting Enfeeble which let me neuter all the late game liches, orbs of fire, etc. before even finding out what hosed up abilities they have. Runner up was Bombard, because I really needed a non-elemental damage spell for midgame and that came along just in time.

Overall Crawl thoughts- It's a very streamlined game, it's really good at trimming all the fat from a roguelike to just the Meaningful Decisions. But that also loses the funny stupid deaths from getting your whole inventory cursed or having a crucial item stolen by leprechauns. It's great but there's just a little bit of spice that's not in there and can't be there with the way the game is so thoroughly Game Designed. And that's fine, I can just play other games if I want that. Really glad Crawl finally clicked for me this month, I can see myself playing this for a long time.

hell yeah, grats

Dieting Hippo
Jan 5, 2006

: Beat the game with an Angel Challenge

started with doomrl and ended with doomrl, this was a bunch of great picks for the month.

turn off signatures

rodbeard
Jul 21, 2005

: Enter Grit Gate

Died to Jotun again. Finally remembered to claim this trophy. Not getting anywhere with anything else.

French Accent
Feb 3, 2012

P-Mack posted:

beating the game alone is a very good accomplishment. congrats.

Ditocoaf
Jun 1, 2011

Still sad I didn't get around to trying Crawl or Qud, but this month is a rousing success because:

: Beat it

Arrhythmia
Jul 22, 2011

P-Mack posted:

hell yeah

Sub-Actuality
Apr 17, 2007

TIME OVER for Roguelike Hell Month, and the clock starts now for Ultima VII: The Black Gate. Good luck imps!

P-Mack
Nov 10, 2007

lol

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

Played some Two Towers before bed.

: Complete Gates of Moria

Leadthumb
Mar 24, 2006

Sub-Actuality posted:

TIME OVER for Roguelike Hell Month, and the clock starts now for Ultima VII: The Black Gate. Good luck imps!

Lol

PS this post is impervious to Flames because of the flame proofer. :)

French Accent
Feb 3, 2012

Sub-Actuality posted:

lol

Vadun
Mar 9, 2011

I'm hungrier than a green snake in a sugar cane field.

Off to a good start as the Savior of Brittain. Got a small child killed by a wolf 5 steps out of town

: Reach Britain

Think I made it to Britain though. About to starve to death, and got that child killed, but I made it

Vadun fucked around with this message at 06:41 on Apr 1, 2024

Dieting Hippo
Jan 5, 2006

: Reach Britain

chartered a cart and shot straight north hoping that was the right way to go. also if anyone else wants to pick it up for cheap, it's on GOG for a buck and a half right now.

turn off signatures

Spoderman
Aug 2, 2004

Sub-Actuality posted:

lol

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

Sub-Actuality posted:

lol

sourdough
Apr 30, 2012
lol

copy
Jul 26, 2007

Sub-Actuality posted:

lmfao

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

congrats buddy, you earned it