Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Best in franchise
XXX
XXX: State of the Union
XXX: Return of Xander Cage
Namtab
View Results

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

Finished the Dungeon Meshi manga last night

Owns

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com
i bought a Toilet Bound Hanako-kun artbook from today

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Fight for all that is beautiful in the world

Arist posted:

Finished the Dungeon Meshi manga last night

Owns

whos your fav character

verbal enema posted:

i bought a Toilet Bound Hanako-kun artbook from today

whos your fav character

Southern Cassowary
Jan 3, 2023

watched liz and the blue bird.

still chewing on this one. the art style shift with the storybook is stunning, but kyoani did a very good job matching the mood of being inside mizore's head and that can be kind of a hard watch - i think intentionally. that setup is all worth it for how the beautiful performance of the song ties into the big confession/hug and then the absolutely wonderful bookend of an ending.

happy ice cream!

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com

Meowywitch posted:

whos your fav character

Nene aka Daikon Legs

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

Meowywitch posted:

whos your fav character

uhhhh i really liked pretty much everyone, but marcille and also (character the anime hasn't gotten to yet) izutsumi were my faves i guess?

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

Waffleman_ posted:

Okay so I know it's April Fools

But I don't think you make an entire PV for a new Sgt Frog anime unless you're making a new Sgt Frog anime

https://x.com/keroro_anime/status/1774452369461534720?s=20

This is real because the hashtag at the end is saying so

Hell yeah

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Southern Cassowary posted:

watched liz and the blue bird.

still chewing on this one. the art style shift with the storybook is stunning, but kyoani did a very good job matching the mood of being inside mizore's head and that can be kind of a hard watch - i think intentionally. that setup is all worth it for how the beautiful performance of the song ties into the big confession/hug and then the absolutely wonderful bookend of an ending.

happy ice cream!

the director originally wanted the movie to have no dialogue and only minimal background music/sfx until the big song and i dont think you could have gotten away with that but id have loved to see that version

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

https://x.com/Johnny_suputama/status/1774565852206993786?s=20

Southern Cassowary
Jan 3, 2023

Endorph posted:

the director originally wanted the movie to have no dialogue and only minimal background music/sfx until the big song and i dont think you could have gotten away with that but id have loved to see that version

that being the original vision makes a lot of sense and i think they still conveyed that intent within the movie - it's very sparse, showing a lot of emotion through shots like how differently nozomi walks to class compared to mizore at the beginning. liz feels so distinct from sound euphonium s1 and 2 even though they're in the same world.

Southern Cassowary fucked around with this message at 04:14 on Apr 1, 2024

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
oh gently caress yeah Pomu is joining Vshojo

I don't care if it turns out to be an april fools prank I'm gonna be a complete mark and believe it 100% until proven otherwise

Reiche
Jan 28, 2009

I like my coffee with cream and lsd.

Yes this is Kazuma

Ibblebibble
Nov 12, 2013

I watched Liz and the Blue Bird with my mum and she liked it but she though the main message of the film was "you need to work hard so that you can keep up with your friends" which feels like a very Asian mum interpretation of things.

TuxedoOrca
Feb 6, 2024

Captain Invictus posted:

oh gently caress yeah Pomu is joining Vshojo

I don't care if it turns out to be an april fools prank I'm gonna be a complete mark and believe it 100% until proven otherwise

You know what, I'm gonna join you in that. Did they post it on twitter?

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

https://twitter.com/AnimeNewsNet/status/1774772455451574313?t=7hP_wxo4yhtbPasVjNrvtg&s=19

Next arc of Kaiji is the last

Srice
Sep 11, 2011

At the rate it's going, One Piece will end before Kaiji does. But that's cool because the current Kaiji arc has been going on for 7 years now and every new chapter is still fresh and exciting, some of the best stuff to happen to the series.

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

I wish it got another anime adaptation. S1 and 2 were so good.

Irony Be My Shield
Jul 29, 2012

I'm ready for like 20 episodes in one room with the minefield mahjong guy

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
I know theres the screencap thread but are there any websites dedicated to collecting anime screengrabs? I usually use Google image search but it's been overrun by AI images.

GateOfD
Jan 31, 2023

by Fluffdaddy

(and can't post for 3 days!)

finally

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

TuxedoOrca posted:

You know what, I'm gonna join you in that. Did they post it on twitter?
well, she might not be joining vshojo. she might just be doing a podcast with matara kan, which they announced a couple hours ago. but I hope it results in her just straight up joining.
https://twitter.com/MataraKan/status/1774813987986714826

panko
Sep 6, 2005

~honda best man~

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Arc Hammer posted:

I know theres the screencap thread but are there any websites dedicated to collecting anime screengrabs? I usually use Google image search but it's been overrun by AI images.

https://fancaps.net/anime/

this site seems to go not quite frame by frame but basically any distinct movement in a scene, so you have to scroll through episode by episode, but if theres something specific you want and you can remember the episode number its a good resource

TuxedoOrca
Feb 6, 2024

Captain Invictus posted:

well, she might not be joining vshojo. she might just be doing a podcast with matara kan, which they announced a couple hours ago. but I hope it results in her just straight up joining.
https://twitter.com/MataraKan/status/1774813987986714826

Nice.

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?

Endorph posted:

this site seems to go not quite frame by frame but basically any distinct movement in a scene, so you have to scroll through episode by episode, but if theres something specific you want and you can remember the episode number its a good resource

Bookmarked, thank you!

Southern Cassowary
Jan 3, 2023

Endorph posted:

i poked around for a bit and this is sick, absolutely a bookmark

they have the mygo f chord so 10/10

Regalingualius
Jan 7, 2012

We gazed into the eyes of madness... And all we found was horny.

https://youtube.com/watch?v=fvFfjb2wGc0&pp=ygUJQ29kZSBtZW50

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?

Good God it's real.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Arc Hammer posted:

Bookmarked, thank you!

Southern Cassowary posted:

i poked around for a bit and this is sick, absolutely a bookmark

they have the mygo f chord so 10/10

np. its missing some older stuff i think, like older stuff that isnt big, but its got basically every modern seasonal of the past decade

Megamissen
Jul 19, 2022

any post can be a kannapost
if you want it to be

Endorph posted:

np. its missing some older stuff i think, like older stuff that isnt big, but its got basically every modern seasonal of the past decade

no tamako market....

Ohtori Akio
Jul 15, 2022

Megamissen posted:

no tamako market....

Endorph posted:

older stuff that isnt big

Megamissen
Jul 19, 2022

if you want it to be

its a big show

Ohtori Akio
Jul 15, 2022

Megamissen posted:

its a big show

much like The Big Show, it's pretty small time

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
it's not one of the more beloved kyoani shows nor one of the more remembered in naoko yamada's directorial history. the movie, a bit more, but still not as much as something like liz

Tales of Woe
Dec 18, 2004

it also didn't come out in the past decade

Ohtori Akio
Jul 15, 2022
moewave is for boomers now

Megamissen
Jul 19, 2022

if you want it to be

The Colonel posted:

it's not one of the more beloved kyoani shows nor one of the more remembered in naoko yamada's directorial history. the movie, a bit more, but still not as much as something like liz

it has the best kyoani ED, which means it has the best ED

i did a conversion of it for SAW
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AJCqDbQ8E0k
(the sequence in the flower tunnel at 0:39 doesnt look very good which im unhappy with since its my favorite part of the original but i made it over just a few days so at the end i was a bit tired and after a failed attempt to improve it i just decided to leave it like that)

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Ohtori Akio posted:

modern moewave stuff looks more like bocchi with the slightly scragglier artstyle

Furnaceface
Oct 21, 2004

Ohtori Akio posted:

meow wave

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Sato-san, denwa