Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

kecske
Feb 28, 2011

it's round, like always

Wraith of J.O.I. posted:

it's easy to say "DTI"

:agreed:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mawarannahr
May 21, 2019

it's no big surprise Brace Belden is supporting the state department line, he was already on their payroll "fighting" for the YPG

US House-passed military spending bill includes continued YPG/PKK funding

Gunshow Poophole
Sep 14, 2008

OMBUDSMAN
POSTERS LOCAL 42069

Clapping Larry

Retromancer posted:

I never took Pisspiggranddad for a coward, but here we are.

https://twitter.com/TrueAnonPod/status/1774856045665640738

Ahh, yes, my feelings are very complicated about the country that just triple tapped a food truck.

it's the worst loving day of the year also lol at u

Fat-Lip-Sum-41.mp3
Nov 15, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 33 minutes!
my kid put a stegosaurus in my pillow

Rubellavator
Aug 16, 2007

VoicesCanBe posted:

https://twitter.com/reider/status/1775115906005229807

The convoy was attacked three times in quick succession

So it is clear that:
-it was the IDF
-the convoy itself was the target of the bombing

not even a "terrorist", just an armed person, and not even that, just a person they claimed to have seen with a gun. even their lies don't meet the minimum for justifying their atrocities.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Did that missile not go off on impact? I guess I don't understand how missiles work, but I would have thought that car would be smoked ruins.

Honky Mao
Dec 26, 2012

Retromancer posted:

I never took Pisspiggranddad for a coward, but here we are.

https://twitter.com/TrueAnonPod/status/1774856045665640738

Ahh, yes, my feelings are very complicated about the country that just triple tapped a food truck.

It's antisemitic to take an April 1 trueanon tweet at face value

DAD LOST MY IPOD
Feb 3, 2012

Fats Dominar is on the case

mawarannahr posted:

it's no big surprise Brace Belden is supporting the state department line, he was already on their payroll "fighting" for the YPG

lmaoooooo

Fat-Lip-Sum-41.mp3
Nov 15, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 33 minutes!
believing everything Brace says is philosemitic

KomradeX
Oct 29, 2011

DAD LOST MY IPOD posted:

lmao at everyone itt who clearly hasn’t listened to the episode

Podcast thread traditon. Post about what you think the episode is about instead of actually listening to it

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

Joe Biden is an enemy of the Palestinian people.

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:

Zodium posted:

haven't and won't be

Willa Rogers
Mar 11, 2005

mawarannahr posted:

MR MILLER: Yeah. So I have seen a few things – one, the accounts in the media from inside Gaza, and I of course have seen what the IDF has said about the operations that it has conducted, where it has said it has killed a number of members of Hamas and detained I think several hundred additional members of Hamas. We, as often is the case, don’t have any – the ability to get full ground truth, because we don’t have anyone on the ground in Gaza.

I will say from our perspective, the things that you have heard us say before, of course, remain true. It’s we generally don’t want to see Israel operating inside hospitals in Gaza. We want to see hospitals be protected sites. But it is concerning that after Israel had conducted an operation earlier in this campaign to clear al-Shifa, that al-Shifa again was apparently infiltrated by Hamas fighters.

And so two things about that: One, look, obviously, we – it would be great if Hamas would stop hiding behind civilians and stop hiding inside civilian infrastructure, including hospitals; but two, it points out what we have been saying all along, which is the need for Israel to have a sustainable, long-term strategy when it comes to Gaza, that it’s not enough to just clear certain neighborhoods or hospitals or any other geographic areas or buildings of Hamas. They need to have a long-term, sustainable strategy that is not just a security strategy but also a political strategy if they really want to secure the future of Israel against the terrorist threat that has to date emanated from Gaza.

I'm losing my mind over this.

text editor
Jan 8, 2007

I said come in! posted:

Did that missile not go off on impact? I guess I don't understand how missiles work, but I would have thought that car would be smoked ruins.

maybe it was one of those low-explosive flechette rounds that are exclusively for fragging humans

Zodium
Jun 19, 2004

podcast listeners have brain damage

F_Shit_Fitzgerald
Feb 2, 2017

Nonsense posted:

Joe Biden is an enemy of the Palestinian people.

Honky Mao
Dec 26, 2012

mawarannahr posted:

This happened during a bender and should be forgiven

ro5s
Dec 27, 2012

A happy little mouse!

Zodium posted:

podcast listeners have brain damage

DAD LOST MY IPOD
Feb 3, 2012

Fats Dominar is on the case

brace belden contracted the rare sexually transmitted variant of Havana Syndrome and cannot be held responsible for his actions undertaken as an unwilling “Manchurian candidate”

Confusedslight
Jan 9, 2020
https://x.com/AneraOrg/status/1775194707389235705?s=20
Who could have seen this coming

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!

IOF mission accomplished.

VoicesCanBe
Jul 1, 2023

"Cóż, wygląda na to, że zostaliśmy łaskawie oszczędzeni trudu decydowania o własnym losie. Jakże uprzejme z ich strony, że przearanżowali Europę bez kłopotu naszego zdania!"
Israel sent a message that if you deliver aid to Palestinians, you will be targeted and killed.

DJJIB-DJDCT
Feb 1, 2024

Sancho Banana posted:

Speaking of GPS - for a while now, Israel has been loving with GPS systems in the area. Sometimes Google maps or Waze will show you that you're in Beirut or Cairo. Supposedly they do it to gently caress with GPS guided missles, but I don't know how exactly it works. Would it redirect missles to Egypt or whatever, or just "confuse" them somehow?

When we consider the capabilities of a gravity bomb equipped with a GPS guidance system, it's crucial to understand that its ability to maneuver is fundamentally constrained by the principles of physics, specifically the conservation of energy and the dynamics of aerodynamic drag. At the moment of release, the bomb inherits a finite amount of kinetic energy from the velocity of the aircraft and potential energy based on its altitude. This energy reserve is all it has for the entirety of its descent. Unlike a missile, which might have an onboard propulsion system to provide additional energy for sustained flight or complex maneuvers, a gravity bomb must rely solely on this initial energy reserve to reach its target.

I'm going to simplify by talking about bombs, since Israel is a prolific user of JDAMs, and I suppose if you want to be optimistic, Russian strike aircraft in Syria use the KAB-500S-E GLONASS guided bomb. To briefly cover other guided munitions, they have the same problem of energy. Shells only have the energy from the initial impulse of firing (RA and base bleed just extend this), and missiles only carry so much fuel. Those all limit the Δv of a guided weapon. Add to that the small control surfaces on artillery projectiles, which can only make corrections in the terminal stage of flight. All bombs are arguably terminal once they leave the aircraft, but this applies to gravity bombs even if they are lofted. Missiles can make larger corrections, but the largest of these would need to be made throughout all stages of flight. Even if a missile fired from Iran had the range to hit Egypt, if it begins making corrections while in the terminal stage of flight descending over Israel, it won't have the energy, or altitude, to do so before impacting the ground.

As the bomb descends and attempts to correct its course towards the target, it does so by adjusting its control surfaces—fins or wings—which alter its aerodynamic profile. These adjustments allow the bomb to steer, but they come at a cost. Every maneuver increases aerodynamic drag, which in turn, saps the bomb's kinetic energy more rapidly than if it were simply falling straight down. The more significant the course correction, the greater the energy consumption.

Given this energy limitation, there's a maximum extent to which the bomb can adjust its path. This is why a bomb can't simply be redirected to a new target hundreds of kilometers away, like Cairo in your example, if it encounters misleading GPS signals partway through its descent. The bomb's guidance system might strive to correct the perceived error, but it can only do so within the limits of its remaining energy, which might permit a deviation of a few kilometers at most. This constraint ensures that while GPS spoofing might disrupt a bomb's accuracy by introducing errors into its guidance system, the physical limitations of the bomb's design prevent it from being redirected over long distances. Instead, the bomb's trajectory can only be altered to the extent that its remaining energy allows, aiming to minimize the deviation from its intended target rather than redirecting it to an entirely new location.

NeonPunk
Dec 21, 2020

I am grateful I'm deaf. I can only imagine how I would turn out if I got my brain hooked on podcasts

Owlbear Camus
Jan 3, 2013

Maybe this guy that flies is just sort of passing through, you know?

Someone mentioned it earlier ITT but it bears repeating.

In the 2001 dramatization of the 1993 Battle of Mogadishu Blackhawk Down, Oscar-winning director Ridley Scott was a skilled enough storyteller he needed to efficiently and evocatively get general audiences on board with watching Africans get gunned down by the dozens for 90 minutes straight. He opens with an emaciated figure in a funeral shroud and title cards explaining Aidid and by extension the hundreds of guys you're going to see slaughtered are monsters and have it coming because Hunger is his weapon.

In the first scene American soldiers circling overhead wring their hands that they can't open fire stop Aidid men from preventing aid delivery by FIRING IN THE AIR, threatening hungry aid seekers. The audience is made to understand that even without killing them directly (something Israel has also done) they are still being massacred with hunger and the brave soldiers in the helicopter would be right to shoot the guys in the technical.

DTI
DTA
AIDFMD

Owlbear Camus has issued a correction as of 17:43 on Apr 2, 2024

DJJIB-DJDCT
Feb 1, 2024

I said come in! posted:

Israel uses hellfire missiles, or similar Israeli-made ones, without an explosive payload, similar to the ones JSOC developed, when carrying out targeted killings.

If you are hitting a specific car, since that's a confined space and unarmored vehicle, you wouldn't need a warhead. So, this isn't just a weapon being used, but very specifically an assassination weapon. They've been using them in Palestine for years.

That obviously raises some questions, for instance: why would the squadron ordnance officer put those weapons on the aircraft if the target for the day wasn't clearly identifiable - and therefore specifically targetable - soft vehicles?

Weka
May 5, 2019

That child totally had it coming. Nobody should be able to be out at dusk except cars.

Al-Saqr posted:

if KSA does normalization with israel at this point MBS is really gambling with his and his families life, he'll probably do it because america probably has the footage of him ordering Khashoggis murder but still if he has any form of self-preservation he really ought to not buy into americas delusional attempts to save israel.

saudi public opinion has violently and massively radicalized against israel over the last six months, especially to the new generation who arab zionists were hoping to have lulled into complacency with dance parties. it really would behoove them to not take that sort of step unless they want people to turn that radicalization into action.

Is there really any potential blackmail footage that would force MBS's hand? Paedo stuff I guess

What is the mood of people in KSA towards Iran?

30.5 Days posted:

I remember back in 2021 there was a story that mbs was really mad at the Biden administration because they kept bringing up the fact that he killed kashoggi. like they were talking about a time he farted in the pool instead of a time he quartered an American citizen in America.

by all accounts the us stopped bringing it up

It happened at the Saudi consulate in Istanbul, so technically KSA soil I think. MBS took responsibility but denied foreknowledge. His response was pretty normal, like KSA can't murder one dissident? Seems like it was just a convenient cudgel to try and get the Saudis less independent. The whole thing was based off leaked CIA claims and recordings promulgated by Turkish intelligence. Another Biden fail.

GoLambo posted:

Just watch Jordan end up being reverse-syria-libya'd into a militant staging ground against Israel, fed through Iraq, wide open with zero realistic prospects of "policing" against it. Ansarallah, bless them, ain't poo poo compared to the storm that will be coming for the rest of the middle east. I know the late 20th century rotted some peoples brains but wars have consequences, the foremost of which is more war.

America operates a large surveillance base there, I believe it's their primary surveillance facility for the middle east. They have about 3000 troops there. Turning Jordan into a resistance hub will receive some push back.

Does anyone know the journalist Said's last name?

Hatebag posted:

most militaries use dual-signal gps as compared to typical commercial single-channel gps systems. russia has GLONASS and china also has their own gps system, but iirc those aren't really global in that they don't cover the whole globe

The latest Chinese gps system, Beidou 3, is global and also it is used by Iran.

mawarannahr
May 21, 2019

NeonPunk posted:

I am grateful I'm deaf. I can only imagine how I would turn out if I got my brain hooked on podcasts

I'm gonna try to describe braces voice... it's red, so confident, he flashes trophies of the Syrian civil war, and ribbons of euphoria. Queen jealousy, Liz, waits behind him; her fiery green gown sneering at the listeners debunking the narrative under her feet.

RoboBoogie
Sep 18, 2008

Al-Saqr posted:

please PLEASE do it israel, start the war in the north, I want to see all of your cities crumble

=====

‎Israeli media: Galant is considering preparing Israelis for a possible all-out war with Lebanon‎
‎Defense Minister Yoav Galant is considering how to prepare the Israelis in the event of an all-out war with Lebanon.‎

‎The Ynet news site said that "Galant held a meeting last Thursday to discuss how best to prepare the Israelis for an all-out war against Hezbollah in the north."‎

https://www.aljazeera.net/news/live...%88%D8%B3%D8%B7

loving do it.

WoodrowSkillson posted:

May the IDF's bones be crushed

may the cum squad fall while doing their heroic duty and bring an end to family lines.

DJJIB-DJDCT
Feb 1, 2024

Anyway, the hit right on the logo, which catches the eye, obviously, suggests it was either optically guided or laser guided onto that specific spot, which again, means that Israel very specifically used a low collateral damage weapon on a point target with high precision.

Which again, doesn't just mean it wasn't an accident, but that it's very hard to envision a situation where this could have been an accident. A precision munition, used on a specific point target, with perfect accuracy, shows that no mistakes were made at the tactical level.

This is where Israel pops smoke, because they will never produce the orders for that sortie, or any of the other stuff going in on the chain of command, so hapless liberals assume this was an accident, maybe a case of mistaken identity, when every other part of the process demonstrates planning and care in execution. Without a copy of literal operation orders you won't get a liberal to believe that though.

IR and radar guided weapons use explosive warheads (universally, as far as I know), and wouldn't have guided onto an eye catching part of the vehicle but the one that had the largest signature, IR and radar respectively. Iirc, the hood is most common site of impact for IR weapons on soft vehicles, and idk offhand where a radar guided weapon would hit a passenger vehicle.

DJJIB-DJDCT has issued a correction as of 17:49 on Apr 2, 2024

bedpan
Apr 23, 2008

DJJIB-DJDCT posted:

Anyway, the hit right on the logo, which catches the eye, obviously, suggests it was either optically guided or laser guided onto that specific spot, which again, means that Israel very specifically used a low collateral damage weapon on a point target with high precision.

Which again, doesn't just mean it wasn't an accident, but that it's very hard to envision a situation where this could have been an accident. A precision munition, used on a specific point target, with perfect accuracy, shows that no mistakes were made at the tactical level.

This is where Israel pops smoke, because they will never produce the orders for that sortie, or any of the other stuff going in on the chain of command, so hapless liberals assume this was an accident, maybe a case of mistaken identity, when every other part of the process demonstrates planning and care in execution. Without a copy of literal operation orders you won't get a liberal to believe that though.

with a copy of the literal operation orders you won't get a liberal to believe it or if they do, do anything more than say something along the lines of "this is regrettable but the situation is complicated"

Draxion
Jun 9, 2013

bedpan posted:

with a copy of the literal operation orders you won't get a liberal to believe it or if they do, do anything more than say something along the lines of "this is regrettable but the situation is complicated"

photocopiers are hamas

Weka
May 5, 2019

That child totally had it coming. Nobody should be able to be out at dusk except cars.

Wraith of J.O.I. posted:

it's easy to say "DTI" until you hear from israelis like the ones they interviewed

The existence of good Israelis doesn't preclude seeking the destruction of the Israeli state. DTI is not a call for genocide. I'm sure there were many good Germans in 1940.

Hatebag
Jun 17, 2008

Weka posted:

The latest Chinese gps system, Beidou 3, is global and also it is used by Iran.

oh, interesting. now I'm thinking that israel is probably trying to spoof gps signals to trick iran into shooting down a commercial jet

DJJIB-DJDCT
Feb 1, 2024

bedpan posted:

I suppose all it would have to say is "vehicles marked as humanitarian and driven by apparent civilian aid workers, are suspected of (something, something) Hamas" eh?

Hatebag posted:

oh, interesting. now I'm thinking that israel is probably trying to spoof gps signals to trick iran into shooting down a commercial jet

Israel planned a previous strike on Syria to use the flight path of a scheduled, routine, Russian patrol aircraft as a mask, so Syrian SAMs locked onto, and destroyed the Russian aircraft. They are suspected of having help from the UK and France in planning that strike, for a bunch of boring technical reasons related to Cyprus.

I believe they've also been known to use civilian airliners to the same effect, because of how doppler radars on SAMs work, hence the shoot down a few years ago.

DJJIB-DJDCT has issued a correction as of 17:57 on Apr 2, 2024

Owlbear Camus
Jan 3, 2013

Maybe this guy that flies is just sort of passing through, you know?

No state has the "right to exist" least of all my dumbass burger nation.

Fell Mood
Jul 2, 2022

A terrible Fell look!
Congratulations to the IDF for finally winning a fight. A brave victory over (squints at notes) international aid agencies.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!

Fell Mood posted:

Congratulations to the IDF for finally winning a fight. A brave victory over (squints at notes) international aid agencies.

They are undefeated against 8 year old's too. So they have that going for them.

Butter Activities
May 4, 2018

holy poo poo FF you weren’t kidding right on the loving World Central Kitchen logo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Maya Fey
Jan 22, 2017

https://x.com/RnaudBertrand/status/1775097494776721565?s=20