Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Sanctum
Feb 14, 2005

Property was their religion
A church for one
Oh I always thought it was gradually changing by each stack. Neuvillette looks more ostentatious then I remember him being.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FractalSandwich
Apr 25, 2010
Well... I finally won the 1-in-14 for Jean. I can spend the guarantee to force Neuvillette, and I'll still be okay for Arlecchino and Clorinde, but I'll probably be tapped out after that. Do we have any idea what the gently caress is going on with Sigewinne yet?

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Fight for all that is beautiful in the world

were jean worth it

librarerun
Feb 13, 2024

Meowywitch posted:

were jean worth it

sabers are always worth it :colbert:

Eimi
Nov 23, 2013

I will never log offshut up.

You are not immune to hot lady knight.

Note Block
May 14, 2007

nothing could fit so perfectly inside

Fun Shoe

bagrada posted:

Style and personal preference aside, in a vacuum, is Neuv still a better pickup than Arlecchino or how's she looking? I've got Kazuha already.

Unless something changes, Neuv is not only the the strongest character in the game but also a complete package that doesn't need his signature weapon to be a one-dragon army archon slayer. Neuvillette, Zhongli, and Kazuha are the holy trinity of the game. (Navia is very good too though and oh-so pretty)

bless

Eimi
Nov 23, 2013

I am a massive Arle simp but I have no idea what her kit does with all the changes they are doing to her. I think she's just normal attack Hu Tao? But how much damage she'll deal relative to Hu Tao or Yoimiya I have no loving idea. I know her first kit had some problems in single target, no idea if that's fixed either.

Raenir Salazar
Nov 5, 2010

College Slice
Alright, after wandering around Mondstadt gathering fruit, I crafted enough of a supply of those +34% hp stews and the +crit +def +attack buff foods that I've basically cleared Dragonspine aside from some side quests like the dragontooth quest where I need like 25 more silverstar and like maybe another rank of the Blood Tree for the Gacha Coins. Soon to Liwui!

Incoherence posted:

A thing that's not immediately obvious: repeatedly tapping the dash button is faster and more stamina-efficient than holding it.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0wiutJz3bAk

Oh my.

Note Block
May 14, 2007

Fun Shoe

Eimi posted:

I am a massive Arle simp but I have no idea what her kit does with all the changes they are doing to her. I think she's just normal attack Hu Tao? But how much damage she'll deal relative to Hu Tao or Yoimiya I have no loving idea. I know her first kit had some problems in single target, no idea if that's fixed either.

Yeah agreed. Like, am I gonna pull? Yes. Am I going to sink money into the weapon? Yes. Would I say Arle is worth skipping Kazuha/Neuvillette? LOL NO

Eimi
Nov 23, 2013

Note Block posted:

Yeah agreed. Like, am I gonna pull? Yes. Am I going to sink money into the weapon? Yes. Would I say Arle is worth skipping Kazuha/Neuvillette? LOL NO

:same:

Danakir
Feb 10, 2014

Note Block posted:

That's pretty much how it is if you remotely care about meta.

Probably not pulling for her weapon myself but that's just how I've been rolling for the last 3 years so why stop now. At least they made the sfx for her scythe more visible even if you don't get her sig. It's the wrong color but before it was the wrong color AND almost invisible which was goofy as heck. So that helped a lot, especially since I'm no stranger to a character using a very ugly weapon.

Tampa Bae
Aug 23, 2021

Please, this is all I have
I replaced XQ on my current team so now it's GaMing/Kazuha/Yelan/Cloud Retainer and it's turned the whole game into a bouncy castle and everyone's bursts are up pretty much on cooldown. It's funny that instead of using Xiao you can now just turn your whole team into Xiao

ninjoatse.cx
Apr 9, 2005

Fun Shoe

Tampa Bae posted:

I replaced XQ on my current team so now it's GaMing/Kazuha/Yelan/Cloud Retainer and it's turned the whole game into a bouncy castle and everyone's bursts are up pretty much on cooldown. It's funny that instead of using Xiao you can now just turn your whole team into Xiao

Xianyun is such a massive dps increase for Navia. More damage, and AoE for a crap tom of crystals

Asimo
Sep 23, 2007

Danakir posted:

That's pretty much how it is if you remotely care about meta.
Yeah. Neuvilette is the most broken DPS character right now that's fun and easy to play and with the best element, while Kazuha has been top tier since the minute he released and will probably never fall out of the meta unless something dramatic changes with reactions since his kit is so general purpose and universally useful (and also, lol exploration). Arle is cool as hell and all but it's really really hard to top those two if you don't have them.

Captain France
Aug 3, 2013

Raenir Salazar posted:

Alright, after wandering around Mondstadt gathering fruit, I crafted enough of a supply of those +34% hp stews and the +crit +def +attack buff foods that I've basically cleared Dragonspine aside from some side quests like the dragontooth quest where I need like 25 more silverstar and like maybe another rank of the Blood Tree for the Gacha Coins. Soon to Liwui!

Oh my.

. . . and the sheer cold resist goulash, right?

Actually wow someone should have told you about that. Also that in terms of release order and difficulty Dragonspine is after most of Liyue.

Whoops.

I believe release order is Mondstat, most of Liyue, Dragonspine, Inazuma, Enkanomiya, The Chasm (Liyue), the forest (Sumeru), the desert (Sumeru), Fontaine, Chenyu Vale (Liyue)

Plus a few event exclusive areas in between.

Don't be afraid to dip out of order for Traveler elements or materials, and actually while this is kind of intended difficulty order Dragonspine and Inazuma are way more full of dick moves than anywhere else, but yeah. Good job pushing through Dragonspine early, sorry if Liyue is a bit easy for you now.

Tampa Bae
Aug 23, 2021

Dragonspine was more or less, an end-game area back when it was introduced and its difficulty is still like, harder than the first island or two of Inazma. You lose out on nothing by skipping it and coming back later since it's self-contained, same with Enkanomiya. The Chasm is a little different because part of the interlude chapters happen down there but since Sumeru is such a massive, long region you really wouldn't have to worry about it for a long time.

Chenyu Vale only requires you to have completed the Liyue Archon quests though, and other than two world quests that overlap with minor story from Fontaine can be knocked out pretty easily before going to Inazuma. It's also a beautiful area, has its nice self-contained story and the puzzles are pretty fun.

It might actually be better to just save Dragonspine until you're a couple months into the game and have much better built characters.

Also the biggest dick moves are the Baal Lightning areas of Inazuma, they're even worse than sheer cold in Dragonspine imo and some of the areas take literal days of daily quests to clear them out.

Tampa Bae fucked around with this message at 12:08 on Apr 3, 2024

Tuxedo Catfish
Mar 17, 2007

You've got guts! Come to my village, I'll buy you lunch.

Incoherence posted:

A thing that's not immediately obvious: repeatedly tapping the dash button is faster and more stamina-efficient than holding it.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0wiutJz3bAk

and here i always assumed this was faster but less stamina efficient

Rabbit Hill
Mar 11, 2009

God knows what lives in me in place of me.
Grimey Drawer
Whooo, 50 wishes got me that C1 for Neuvillette and finally Xingqiu's C6....life is good.

...Now to actually use Xingqiu.

It's so hard to remember other Hydro characters exist when :love::allears::krakken::allears::love: is right there, you know?

MarquiseMindfang
Jan 6, 2013

vriska (vriska)

Rabbit Hill posted:

It's so hard to remember other Hydro characters exist when :love::allears::krakken::allears::love: is right there, you know?

Yeah, my Xingqiu has been neglected for a long time because my go-to teams are now Overload Raiden and Neuvillette.

I'm actually considering popping my pity on him to see if I can get that c1. Depends who gets drip marketed for patch after next, I think. If that's an easy skip I can safely spend to zero for Arle.

PatentPending
Nov 27, 2007

[1950s eel-based dad joke]
Well I don't really like Neuvilette and don't love playing him in trials, so I was planning to skip him, but all the talk about how powerful he is made me fish for an early pickup - which, 50 rolls later, seems like it's not happening.

I has steeled my resolve, and I'll wait to see if Arlecchino is all that great. My only other pyro of note is Yoimiya, so another firey toy would be nice.

And if I need a hydro onfielder I have, uh... Ayato I guess? I keep meaning to build that guy.

Note Block
May 14, 2007

Fun Shoe
Ayato is lovely actually and getting a guaranteed Arle before hitting soft pity is still a blessing in disguise when it comes to our predatory gacha nonsense game!

librarerun
Feb 13, 2024

MarquiseMindfang posted:

Yeah, my Xingqiu has been neglected for a long time because my go-to teams are now Overload Raiden and Neuvillette.

I'm actually considering popping my pity on him to see if I can get that c1. Depends who gets drip marketed for patch after next, I think. If that's an easy skip I can safely spend to zero for Arle.

I, on the other hand, absolutely adore being able to run Hypercarry Neuv/Furina and Nahida Hyperbloom with Xingqiu and Yelan all at the same time. Who needs to think when all you have to do is make sure your on-fielder is pointed at the enemies and they all just die from reactions on their own?

On the other hand, Arle does absolutely nothing for me design-wise, so she better be able to match the aforementioned in sheer brokenness if she expects me to burn my early guarantee on her. Otherwise, its just waiting for Natlan (or a Yelan rerun for her c1, maybe) for me.

MoonCrab
Nov 19, 2014

A mildly pertubed emoji face
Whew, I forgot just how terrible rolls can end up going in this game. Lost 50/50 to smelly Diluc, went near hard pity both times, very few 4 stars (so no rerolls from C6+ four stars). If Arle is first half (she probably is) and runs with multiple 4 stars that I don't have at C6 (she probably will) I might end up missing her if my rolls go this bad again :(

Might be defeatist but I'm starting to really look forward to the Clorinde beta lol

Neuvillette is ok. Kokomi sidegrade.

Tampa Bae
Aug 23, 2021

I rolled a nice early Dehya and got real excited because I've never owned her before and it also guarantees an Arcc next patch. So I started to look up some teams and lmao she's at best a support for Ganyu or Ayaka

I mean I did use Beidou as an on-field DPS for the entire forest area of Sumeru how bad could it be

at least now someone can hold the 9 sac greatswords I've been carying

Tampa Bae fucked around with this message at 21:58 on Apr 3, 2024

MoonCrab
Nov 19, 2014

Sometimes I unironically use Dehya for the interrupt resistance in Hat Boy teams whenever Zhongli is busy or whatever. And apparently some people use him in Neuv and Lyney teams in the same way.

She's also, not the worst hyperbloom 4th teammate ever. I guess. Full EM and that aranara claymore noone uses. Its ok

Tampa Bae
Aug 23, 2021

why would she be getting use in a hyperbloom team? wouldn't she trigger burgeon instead?

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

HA! HA! NICE! WHAT A TOOL!

Tampa Bae posted:

why would she be getting use in a hyperbloom team? wouldn't she trigger burgeon instead?
Yes. But you'll usually end up asking that question for any team with Dehya on it.

Danakir
Feb 10, 2014
The thing with a proper hyperbloom core is you could leave the 4th slot empty and it'd still perform well so saying Dehya is good in that team is more of an indictment of her kit design than anything else.

Sanctum
Feb 14, 2005

Property was their religion
A church for one
Oh wow Neuvillette c1 is absolutely living up to all of my expectations. The number of teams opened up by Neuvillette's c1 is staggering and I'm open to fun suggestions. Oh and c1 gives his charged attack resistance to interruption but no one cares about that part. :geno:

To those not in the know: Neuvillette is a crazy powerful DPS, a true hypercarry. That's c0 Neuvillette. Achieving 3 draconic stacks with c0 Neuv requires rigidly set rotations to reliably trigger 3 unique hydro reactions. Alternatively he can use a highly specialized team for 3 unique hydro reactions that wont require set rotations (e.g. electro/anemo/geo because electro+hydro status can co-exist and will trigger a hydro reaction from either anemo or geo.)

MoonCrab
Nov 19, 2014

Doing lots of rapid-fire Neuv testing and I discovered a synergy that I hadn't even considered before: if you have a C6 Diona, you can increase your Kazuha's EM with her burst just in time to increase the size of his buff. Mine went from 37% to 45%. Neat! I'll have to remember to level up the cat at some point, this team is pretty solid.

The way that Neuv's buffs mostly exist inside his own kit and you can have nearly anyone "unlock" them can lead to some interesting results. I really should have picked him up the first time around.

Tampa Bae posted:

She does, but in those teams you build her full EM, so the occasional seeds she "steals" are essentially just as strongs as the hyperblooms (except with bigger AoE). Hyperbloom teams are usually 3 characters + 1 utility stooge anyway, and as far as sustain + IR stooges go, Dehya, is one of them.

MoonCrab fucked around with this message at 04:41 on Apr 4, 2024

haypliss
Oct 2, 2022
Who decided this puzzle bobble event should be controlled inverse to your character movement?

Stare-Out
Mar 11, 2010

haypliss posted:

Who decided this puzzle bobble event should be controlled inverse to your character movement?

It sucks to play on a controller unless you have your character as far away from the cannon as possible but the big shots require you to be right next to the drat thing and it’s impossible to control. Also having to constantly tap a face button gets painful pretty quickly.

ninjoatse.cx
Apr 9, 2005

Fun Shoe

Tampa Bae posted:

I rolled a nice early Dehya and got real excited because I've never owned her before and it also guarantees an Arcc next patch. So I started to look up some teams and lmao she's at best a support for Ganyu or Ayaka

I mean I did use Beidou as an on-field DPS for the entire forest area of Sumeru how bad could it be

at least now someone can hold the 9 sac greatswords I've been carying

I have the mythical C6R1 Dehya, and she performs very nicely in a chevruse overload team. She’s a co-dps, that was someone like Raiden to share time with.

Zenostein
Aug 16, 2008

:h::h::h:Alhamdulillah-chan:h::h::h:

haypliss posted:

What really sucks is they left in the dash button, so you can move the cursor faster, but then it'll overshoot because dashing doesn't stop immediately.

I'm sure the reason for their obsession with controlling crap like this with your character is just something dumb like "surely people would be mad if they don't see their favorite character on screen," but every time they do this for a minigame it just sucks to play.

In other news, I've noticed chiori's skill works like keqing's, except it feels like it goes further or higher vertically. And now that I think about it, I should've checked to see if you can still switch characters with it while mid-air. That'd be kinda fun, might even get me to dust off kazuha for a bit.

Lobsterpillar
Feb 4, 2014

Zenostein posted:

What really sucks is they left in the dash button, so you can move the cursor faster, but then it'll overshoot because dashing doesn't stop immediately.

I'm sure the reason for their obsession with controlling crap like this with your character is just something dumb like "surely people would be mad if they don't see their favorite character on screen," but every time they do this for a minigame it just sucks to play.

In other news, I've noticed chiori's skill works like keqing's, except it feels like it goes further or higher vertically. And now that I think about it, I should've checked to see if you can still switch characters with it while mid-air. That'd be kinda fun, might even get me to dust off kazuha for a bit.

You can by using her skill a second time, yes, even in midair. You can't switch characters in the usual way (also shows you to do a plunge attack with the character you switch to, if that's ever relevant

Tuxedo Catfish
Mar 17, 2007

You've got guts! Come to my village, I'll buy you lunch.

haypliss posted:

I thought it was actually pretty clever. The best thing would have been mouse control of the reticle, obviously, but linking a one-off minigame to a known value (your character's movement) is a decent solution to the problem that nobody's going to have innate familiarity with new controls going in.

Excelzior
Jun 24, 2013

bubble bobble, this is not

disappointed

haypliss
Oct 2, 2022

Tuxedo Catfish posted:

I thought it was actually pretty clever. The best thing would have been mouse control of the reticle, obviously, but linking a one-off minigame to a known value (your character's movement) is a decent solution to the problem that nobody's going to have innate familiarity with new controls going in.

It makes sense as a thing you do to toss off a new event mode, but it's definitely something they should address if this is ever going to come back.

MoonCrab
Nov 19, 2014

Alright, confess.

How many Neuv users are running him at 10/1/1

Because right now I'm looking at the talent domain like :effort:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sushibandit
Feb 12, 2009

That talent domain only takes like 20 seconds to clear though? Just load yourself up with 5x condensed resin and burn through it all in a couple of minutes. Repeat a few times for each talent.