Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?
I need this to happen after the next fight

"well if it isn't Chain sawman, with a hand for a foot and a foot for a hand!"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

HOW DOES IT FEEL TO BE DEAD, MOTHERFUCKER?

MorningMoon posted:

I keep thinking about dickbutt denji

McTimmy
Feb 29, 2008
Whelp, they had a good run. Wonder when Part 3's gonna start.

AnoHito
May 8, 2014

McTimmy posted:

Whelp, they had a good run. Wonder when Part 3's gonna start.

After Quanxi dies

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

MorningMoon posted:

I keep thinking about dickbutt denji

Denji: AAAH! WHERE DID MY WEINER GO?! A-and wh-what's in my butt..??
Katana: HAHAHAHA! YOU HAVE A DICK IN UR rear end, YOU'RE GAY!! GAY FOR CHAINSAWMAN!!!
Denji: NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

On the other hand, he can be happy that he finally had sex.

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

The developer of Brigador is a secret chud, don't give him money

Blaze Dragon posted:

Literally none of denji's dreams turn out how he wants. Barf kiss, fake boobs, now this!

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?

Blaze Dragon posted:

He's a highschool teen boy in some sort of time dilated 1998-2007, telling him he has a dick in his butt or that his dick went inside a dude is probably more hurtful than when Pochita bit it.

yum
Oct 27, 2005

Only good things will come
to someone like
you.
Denji really hosed himself by transforming into Chainsawman huh.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

AnoHito posted:

After Quanxi dies

She can’t.

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
Part 3 will be about the whirlwind romance between Quanxi and Falling

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

yum posted:

he was literally dead and chopped into pieces, he just went back to where he started

Injuryprone
Sep 26, 2007

Speak up, there's something in my ear.

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

This whole encounter will end with everyone okay somehow except Katana Man who takes several hits to the balls.

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

Blaze Dragon posted:

That's not sex, it's just really elaborate masterbation.

Big Leg
May 22, 2020

a corpse is talking

MonsterEnvy posted:

She can’t.

this

Snooze Cruise posted:

Part 3 will be about the whirlwind romance between Quanxi and Falling

this

chiasaur11
Oct 22, 2012

Nuebot posted:

Literally none of denji's dreams turn out how he wants. Barf kiss, fake boobs, now this!

Going on a date with Makima and going to school with Reze both went pretty well. And being family with Nayuta seems like it was a good time for Denji, within its sphere, even though it was also a lot of work.

Mixed track record.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

chiasaur11 posted:

Going on a date with Makima and going to school with Reze both went pretty well. And being family with Nayuta seems like it was a good time for Denji, within its sphere, even though it was also a lot of work.

Mixed track record.

I feel like "went pretty well" requires a giant * that reads "and then they tried to kill him"

goblin week
Jan 26, 2019

Absolute clown.

MorningMoon posted:

He's a highschool teen boy in some sort of time dilated 1998-2007, telling him he has a dick in his butt or that his dick went inside a dude is probably more hurtful than when Pochita bit it.

when did Pochita bite his dick???

chiasaur11
Oct 22, 2012

ImpAtom posted:

I feel like "went pretty well" requires a giant * that reads "and then they tried to kill him"

Neither Reze nor Makima tried to kill him until well after their first date. That's just basic good form, something Asa and Yoru don't seem to have a proper grasp on.

Mraagvpeine
Nov 4, 2014

I won this avatar on a technicality this thick.
EDIT: I misread the post

CharlestonJew
Jul 7, 2011

Illegal Hen

yum posted:

He will if Katana gets his way

Bread Set Jettison
Jan 8, 2009

Hybrids being this immortal is wild

Scallop Eyes
Oct 16, 2021

Jerkface posted:

he was literally dead and chopped into pieces, he just went back to where he started

drat you're right, this is the second time this happened to Denji. The question is if (when) he wakes up, if he will go on a rampage again, or just be catatonic from sadness.

the unabonger
Jun 21, 2009

Scallop Eyes posted:

catatonic from sadness.

Why would he be this, he's being rescued by his girlfriend

Flair
Apr 5, 2016

the unabonger posted:

Why would he be this

His dick might be permanently up his butt

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

hell yea

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
lmao

reminds me of when green lantern used gurren lagann to bite brainiac's head off

Keromaru5
Dec 28, 2012

Pictured: The Wolf Of Gubbio (probably)

This avatar made possible by a gift from the Religionthread Posters Relief Fund
Would have been more appropriate if he'd used the Dessert Witch from Madoka Magica.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Keromaru5 posted:

Would have been more appropriate if he'd used the Dessert Witch from Madoka Magica.

That predated Madoka coming out.

copy
Jul 26, 2007

lol

Keromaru5
Dec 28, 2012

Pictured: The Wolf Of Gubbio (probably)

This avatar made possible by a gift from the Religionthread Posters Relief Fund

ImpAtom posted:

That predated Madoka coming out.
Don't be silly, Gurren Lagann only came out in... 2008?

Well, now I feel old.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Keromaru5 posted:

Don't be silly, Gurren Lagann only came out in... 2008?

Well, now I feel old.

Just think of it as your anime timeskip from dorky little person to glasses-wearing coolperson.

chiasaur11
Oct 22, 2012

the unabonger posted:

Why would he be this, he's being rescued by his girlfriend

His ex-potential-girlfriend.

I was thinking why this arc felt so weird, and I figure part of it is that this is maybe the lowest tension Chainsaw Man has ever had. Asa and Fami keep running into difficulties that get comedically undermined, so it's hard to feel like there's any threat. Contrasts pretty hard with the mood at the end of Denji's last arc that kicked this off.

stuker
Jul 9, 2003

chiasaur11 posted:

I was thinking why this arc felt so weird, and I figure part of it is that this is maybe the lowest tension Chainsaw Man has ever had. Asa and Fami keep running into difficulties that get comedically undermined, so it's hard to feel like there's any threat. Contrasts pretty hard with the mood at the end of Denji's last arc that kicked this off.

yes it's a wonderful relief

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
the previous arc was a lot.

Valentin
Sep 16, 2012

i agree that the last five-ish chapters have been fairly chill (we're on 161, denji waking up in the hospital bed is 156, "Whup Whup Whup Whup Bzzz Split Split") but i think the final page appearance of the woman who consistently appears when the comic starts getting violent and horrifying, as she did just like 15 chapters ago is appropriately jarring in that respect

stuker
Jul 9, 2003

Valentin posted:

i agree that the last five-ish chapters have been fairly chill (we're on 161, denji waking up in the hospital bed is 156, "Whup Whup Whup Whup Bzzz Split Split") but i think the final page appearance of the woman who consistently appears when the comic starts getting violent and horrifying, as she did just like 15 chapters ago is appropriately jarring in that respect

you're not wrong and i can see this going downhill very quickly, but at the moment the people involved are 4 individuals we can reasonably assume are not going to Die die because that isn't really possible for them, the trio of comic relief, asa, and a very cool new doctor. the stakes are a lot lower than nayuta+pets and i assume asa has plot armor until we learn more about the book release

stuker fucked around with this message at 23:42 on Apr 3, 2024

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

next chapter starts with Quanxi saying "No." and leaving.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Elite
Oct 30, 2010
Asa only has plot armour in the sense that she doesn’t have Hybrid level immortality, so there’s a limit to what terrible things Fujimoto can do to her. So he was okay making her lose an arm a few chapters back, but doesn’t want to kill her off.

I wonder when the other chainsaw man will turn up again. He seemed to have a vested interest in helping Denji and Asa out.