Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

MJeff posted:

As a veteran of watching the Monday Night Wars

Who cares, I'm a veteran of the TNA Impact years. I've seen the real bad poo poo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

More like Unlucky Ali

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

Luckily, WWE would never give anyone "guaranteed contracts". pay per appearance, the lot of them

Sugar Blaster
Dec 15, 2004

All ears, all eyes, all the time!

SpeakSlow posted:

hey I'm listening/watching the Punk-cast and the impression I'm getting is that AEW is a rudderless mess with guaranteed contracts going into business for themselves and then loving off for a month.

as a veteran of watching the Monday Night Wars, this feels familiar so i feel I have to ask: when is AEW New Blood Rising this year?
you're taking gospel from a man who by his own admission turns chicken salad into chicken poo poo.

Sega 32X
Jan 3, 2004

Eat My Fuc posted:

I’m the only one on this forum who had Brandi and Cody actively do anything bad to in person so bad i started crying yet I am their only true supporter, open your hearts.

Also it was my fault anyway so I can’t be mad at them for telling me to gently caress off and yelling at me because I was standing next to them like an idiot whole they were having a private conversation, I just got stuck in an awkward situation and couldn’t move away in time because I got too anxious to operate my body.

Still not the worst Gunner broke my glasses at an indie, but Cedric Alexander made up for it and told me Gunner was a loser.

New MJF "here's my promo about how I'm so messed up to garner both sympathy and revilement" turning out weird

(Can you imagine if he went to WWE and cut one of those baffling promos where he talks about murdering his only love because he has ADHD or whatever on the Miz and R-Truth? I can. RTruth dances after it, in my imagination.)

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

SpeakSlow posted:

hey I'm listening/watching the Punk-cast and the impression I'm getting is that AEW is a rudderless mess with guaranteed contracts going into business for themselves and then loving off for a month.

as a veteran of watching the Monday Night Wars, this feels familiar so i feel I have to ask: when is AEW New Blood Rising this year?

Sadly, you’re right 😔

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

Sugar Blaster posted:

you're taking gospel from a man who by his own admission turns chicken salad into chicken poo poo.

He was trying to tell us something

He wears a disguise
To look like a punk rock guy
But he’s not a punk
He’s a corporate stooge

ARMBAR A COP
Nov 24, 2007

forkboy84 posted:

More like Unlucky Ali

Bad Luck Fali

Joey McChrist
Aug 8, 2005

Alaois posted:

epic post, dude, here's the attention you want

Joey McChrist
Aug 8, 2005

As a veteran of the Monday Night Wars *rips a wet fart*

Trying
Sep 26, 2019

fake cock boy. like a chicken mwhahahaha

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

Alaois posted:

epic post, dude, here's the attention you want

Ringo Roadagain
Mar 27, 2010

SpeakSlow posted:

stolen valor. a real vet would realize that the fed is the one running stories with wrestlers going off the script

stab
Feb 12, 2003

To you from failing hands we throw the torch, be yours to hold it high

He's funny as all hell in his Sami kind of way.

I'd watch it but I'm also biased

Trying
Sep 26, 2019

he’s a real joker. “You wanna know where I got this Ska?!”

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008

stab posted:

He's funny as all hell in his Sami kind of way.

I'd watch it but I'm also biased

i'm gonna assume he'll be like most wrestlers and just tell crazy stories in a sami way when they do stand up instead of like real comedians and jokes

Hefty Leftist
Jun 26, 2011

"You know how vodka or whiskey are distilled multiple times to taste good? It's the same with shit. After being digested for the third time shit starts to taste reeeeeeaaaally yummy."

Eat My Fuc posted:

I’m the only one on this forum who had Brandi and Cody actively do anything bad to in person so bad i started crying yet I am their only true supporter, open your hearts.

Also it was my fault anyway so I can’t be mad at them for telling me to gently caress off and yelling at me because I was standing next to them like an idiot whole they were having a private conversation, I just got stuck in an awkward situation and couldn’t move away in time because I got too anxious to operate my body.

Still not the worst Gunner broke my glasses at an indie, but Cedric Alexander made up for it and told me Gunner was a loser.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V0EZobdiJ4M

Testekill
Nov 1, 2012

I demand to be taken seriously

:aronrex:

Erin M. Fiasco posted:

It really sucks that Lucky Ali immediately got injured :( But there has to be a moment where people realize the whole "knee destroying factory" thing holds merit right? Like, I know they'll keep getting away with this because they always do, but someone has to notice the pattern, right?

You''d hope that they'd eventually notice that the strength and conditioning team is doing something wrong because there are so many knee and shoulder injuries coming out of the Performance Centre. Like poo poo will happen when you do something as intense as wrestling but if an AFL team had as many ACL injuries a year as the Performance Centre has then they'd barely be able to field a full team.

stab
Feb 12, 2003

To you from failing hands we throw the torch, be yours to hold it high

KungFu Grip posted:

i'm gonna assume he'll be like most wrestlers and just tell crazy stories in a sami way when they do stand up instead of like real comedians and jokes

No he's done improv before, he'll do some comedy routines for sure

Eat My Fuc
May 29, 2007

I was there when this was filmed in SC lol

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Eat My Fuc posted:

I was there when this was filmed in SC lol

Were you the guy holding the microphone?

Trying
Sep 26, 2019

ha!

MediaPlayerClassic
Aug 24, 2012

SpeakSlow posted:

in july

I hope this year's Canadian Rules match is better than last time

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

Rarity posted:

gently caress lol

Majinfoose
Jul 26, 2007

HOLY SHIT
This vegan brisket is bussin

Rarity posted:

Sorry phone postin

Majinfoose fucked around with this message at 01:29 on Apr 4, 2024

super macho dude
Aug 9, 2014

:laffo:

a dumb moron
Mar 19, 2024

augh

Rarity posted:

Who cares, I'm a veteran of the TNA Impact years. I've seen the real bad poo poo

Nothing TNA did even comes close to 1999–2001 WCW.

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

a dumb moron posted:

what about Orlando Jordan's character - bi wrestler.

Erin M. Fiasco
Mar 21, 2013

Nothing's better than postin' in the morning!

a dumb moron posted:

As someone who has spent a lot of time watching both recently, 2000 Thunder is so, so, so much more fun to watch than Hogan-era TNA

Miching Mallecho
May 24, 2010

:yeshaha:

a dumb moron posted:

I tried watching TNA in chronological order and I have stopped at episode 32, that was 2 months ago

It's way worst than late WCW because it's LATE WCW++

Also gently caress BG James that is the man who ruined any enjoyment I was getting from the early years

SpeakSlow
May 17, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Shard posted:

what about Orlando Jordan's character - bi wrestler.

Let me tell you the tale of Allen Funk...

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

a dumb moron posted:

Segment-wise it's close

In-ring match-quality wise yeah, every era of TNA lapped them

rotinaj
Sep 5, 2008

Fun Shoe

a dumb moron posted:

I watched all three periods and I still say the guest host era of raw, exemplified by the ZZ Top episode, is worse than TNA’s darkest days or WCW’s death throes

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

SpeakSlow posted:

Let me tell you the tale of Allen Funk...

tell me

Drakkel
May 6, 2007

IT'S LIKE I CAN TOUCH YOU!
I think I'd rather watch one of those weird Thunders where like, Russo would randomly decide to book nothing but ambulance matches for no reason over one of those Raws where they'd send Michael Cole to Tucker Carlson's office to beg desperately BEG him to come on the show

rotinaj
Sep 5, 2008

Fun Shoe

Drakkel posted:

I think I'd rather watch one of those weird Thunders where like, Russo would randomly decide to book nothing but ambulance matches for no reason over one of those Raws where they'd send Michael Cole to Tucker Carlson's office to beg desperately BEG him to come on the show

Precisely

TNA would have undercard stuff, wcw still had folks like ddp, Steiner and booker putting on good stuff, as well as the cruisers

quote:

Monday night Raw
July 20, 2009

Dark Match: Alex Riley (w/ Beverly) defeated Jeff Lewis
Kofi Kingston, Montel Vontavious Porter & Primo defeated Carlito, Jack Swagger & The Big Show (9:11)
Jerry Lawler defeated The Brian Kendrick (2:16)
Mark Henry defeated Chris Jericho by DQ (5:08)
Hornswoggle defeated Chavo Guerrero in a Sharp Dressed Man Tuxedo Match (2:36)
Alicia Fox & Rosa Mendes defeated Gail Kim & Kelly Kelly (3:40)
John Cena & Triple H defeated Legacy (Cody Rhodes, Randy Orton & Ted DiBiase) in a Three On Two Handicap Match (13:31)

SpeakSlow
May 17, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Shard posted:

tell me

Power Plant guy who ended-up with a standard "wrestling gay" character. Which wasn't really gay and more cringe.

I think I'd fallen off of TNA bu the time Orlando made it there for a bi gimmick. How bad was it?

SpeakSlow fucked around with this message at 03:12 on Apr 4, 2024

Lurks With Wolves
Jan 14, 2013

At least I don't dance with them, right?

SpeakSlow posted:

I think I'd fallen off of TNA bu the time Orlando made it there for a bi gimmick. How bad was it?

On the plus side, it was as far as I know his idea. On the minus side, it was uncomfortably sexual in a weird way and they still only referred to his sexuality via euphemism.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_ias1cneqfA

Activate
Oct 29, 2011

His catchphrase was “its our little secret” and he carried around a shake-weight, then he became a tag team with Eric Young when Eric was doing a gimmick that he had an eternal concussion that made him stupid. I think that’s all he did.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

he was a Nightclub Enthusiast