Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Monathin
Sep 1, 2011

?????????
?

zoux posted:

He was on the roster of each of the last 3 WS champs

yeah and Austin Hedges has a WS ring, what's your point

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Monathin
Sep 1, 2011

?????????
?

Anyway Jacob's Field/Progressive Field/The Jake is a criminally underrated stadium. Some of y'all should come by and enjoy it when God isn't trying to drown us with the biblical flood

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!

Monathin posted:

Anyway Jacob's Field/Progressive Field/The Jake is a criminally underrated stadium. Some of y'all should come by and enjoy it when God isn't trying to drown us with the biblical flood

I've been. It's very nice. That drum guy should be executed though.

bawfuls
Oct 28, 2009

Inspector_666 posted:

I am a big time Dodger Stadium defender because people conflate the actual field with the parking way too much for my taste, it's a beautiful place to take in a game.
:yeah:

ozymandius1024
Mar 15, 2006

You don't yank on the Spine of God

mcmagic posted:

Didn't he die?

Popete
Oct 6, 2009

This will make sure you don't suggest to the KDz
That he should grow greens instead of crushing on MCs

Grimey Drawer
If you haven't been to Wrigley in the past few years it and the immediate surrounding concourse has changed a lot. It has received significant upgrades. It's also a fantastic stadium to get to via public transit.

AndrewP
Apr 21, 2010

lmao he did not really say this did he

Popete
Oct 6, 2009

Grimey Drawer
A's are about to trade for Aaron Judge??

Starsfan
Sep 29, 2007

This is what happens when you disrespect Cam Neely

AndrewP posted:

The quote was "We're excited to be here for the next 3 years, playing in this beautiful ballpark - But also being able to watch some of the greatest players in baseball whether they be Athletics players or Aaron Judge and others launch homeruns out of this most intimate ballpark in all of major league baseball for the next 3 years"

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!

Popete posted:

A's are about to trade for Aaron Judge??

They are about to trade for Arson Judge.

Inspector_666
Oct 7, 2003

benny with the good hair

Starsfan posted:

The quote was "We're excited to be here for the next 3 years, playing in this beautiful ballpark - But also being able to watch some of the greatest players in baseball whether they be Athletics players or Aaron Judge and others launch homeruns out of this most intimate ballpark in all of major league baseball for the next 3 years"

I love a quote where the full context actually makes it worse.

AndrewP
Apr 21, 2010

They should have to change their name, just like when other minor league franchises relocate

maffew buildings
Apr 29, 2009

too dumb to be probated; not too dumb to be autobanned
O.Co was fantastic when there were flowers out in center instead of Mt. Davis, but it's nowhere near as intimiate as Sutter Health Park, where you'll be right up close to the action to watch Aaron Judge hit dingers. Incredible!

Monathin
Sep 1, 2011

?????????
?

mcmagic posted:

Drum guy was cool and gave the stadium character. :colbert:

ozymandius1024 posted:

Didn't he die?

Start of last year yeah.

Kevlar v2.0
Dec 25, 2003

=^•⩊•^=

Nodoze posted:

It absolutely is but the wrath of Cubsposters is strong

The renovations improved Wrigley a TON. Pre-2015, they had to put nets up to prevent chunks of concrete from falling off the ceiling. Now it still has all the charm of an old-time stadium, but without the obvious signs of disrepair. The restrooms don't test my hygiene alarm anymore, they have actual professional facilities for the team and broadcasters now, and the video boards are actually really nice to have during a game.

AndrewP
Apr 21, 2010

starting to realize that Cubschat is this thread's answer to TFF's Ravenschat

maffew buildings
Apr 29, 2009

too dumb to be probated; not too dumb to be autobanned
best stadium - wrigley
second best - away games where cubs are winning
third best - stadiums in which NL Central rivals are losing
worst stadium - all of those not listed above

Popete
Oct 6, 2009

Grimey Drawer

maffew buildings posted:

best stadium - wrigley

wow, the definitive stadium ranking

Forrest on Fire
Nov 23, 2012

AndrewP posted:

starting to realize that Cubschat is this thread's answer to TFF's Ravenschat

There is no birdwatching allowed in Cubs nation. Cardinals are to be shelled, not seen.

Craptacular!
Jul 9, 2001

Fuck the DH

maffew buildings posted:

best stadium - wrigley

The first list where PNC is at the bottom

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

https://twitter.com/awfulannouncing/status/1775969585017020742

...i was saying boo urns

Popete
Oct 6, 2009

Grimey Drawer
Hernandez just prior to that out had called a pitch that hit Torkelson on the hands a strike. The review would have shown it hit his hands but then Hernandez either changed his call or clarified that he called it a strike on the swing which it absolutely was not a swing. Torkelson after grounding out was rightfully very pissed.

MrMidnight
Aug 3, 2006

maffew buildings posted:

best stadium - wrigley

Impressive how you've taken to Cubs fandom, definitely never was an A's fan goon

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

maffew buildings posted:

best stadium - wrigley

Everytime I see this shameless cubs bandwagoning, it makes me glad you are banned

MrMidnight
Aug 3, 2006

AndrewP posted:

they really do hate their own team

Popete
Oct 6, 2009

Grimey Drawer
there is no such thing as a shameful cubspost

Mustached Demon
Nov 12, 2016

I've watched Cubs games in Seattle and Coors. Both stadiums I was easily able to ride public transportation to/from where I was staying.

I think Seattle wins out. Especially because Mariners fans know what they're rooting for and embrace just having fun. Available beers better too.

Wayne Knight
May 11, 2006

We know who we are. We just like baseball.

Kevlar v2.0
Dec 25, 2003

=^•⩊•^=

Forrest on Fire posted:

There is no birdwatching allowed in Cubs nation. Cardinals are to be shelled, not seen.

The Cardinal is Illinois's state bird, not Missouri's :colbert:

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

The Mets really should go ahead and win a game. How do you score no runs in 3 straight manfred man innings????!

Dameius
Apr 3, 2006

MLB Presser posted:

HOUSTON, TX – Astros LHP Bennett Sousa underwent surgery for thoracic outlet syndrome yesterday, General Manager Dana Brown announced today. As a result, he is expected to miss the remainder of the 2024 season.

Sousa, who posted a 3.38 ERA (3ER/8IP) in eight appearances in Spring Training, began the regular season on the Injured List due to discomfort in his left shoulder.

Sydin
Oct 29, 2011

Another spring commute
Return of the Bean

https://twitter.com/TommyBirch/status/1775976640499056986

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

https://twitter.com/Buster_ESPN/status/1775977552831815855

We'll see if this is confirmed but oh my god.

Sydin
Oct 29, 2011

Another spring commute
I imagine there are actually quite a few owners who are annoyed/embarrassed about the A's shitshow but unfortunately the rich understand class solidarity very well and nobody in that circle is going to advocate for setting a precedent for an owner to be removed for incompetence.

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

I'm trying to think of a team that willingly moved out of an MLB park to a AAA stadium in order to eventually move to another city altogether

This isn't really a thing that ever happens.

more falafel please
Feb 26, 2005

forums poster

I've been to 20 current MLB parks, plus two former ones (but I don't remember much about those, Old Comiskey shut down when I was 5 and I went to Riverfront when I was 11).

Outside of God's Own Ballpark, the Friendly Confines of Wrigley Field, I think my ranking is something like:

S: PNC (PIT)
A: Camden Yards (BAL), Oracle Park (SFG), Comerica (DET), Coors (COL)
B: Dodger Stadium (LAD), Great American Ballpark (CIN), Kauffman Stadium (KCR), Progressive Field (CLE)
C: Guaranteed Rate Field (CHW), Target Field (MIN), Busch Stadium (STL), Citizens Bank Park (PHI), Nationals Park (WAS)
D: Angel Stadium (LAA), American Family Field (MIL), Yankee Stadium (NYY), Minute Maid Park (HOU)
F: Oakland Coliseum (OAK)

Splint Chesthair
Dec 27, 2004

FlamingLiberal posted:

I'm trying to think of a team that willingly moved out of an MLB park to a AAA stadium in order to eventually move to another city altogether

This isn't really a thing that ever happens.

Not exactly the same situation, but the Seattle Pilots played in a former minor league park for one year before relocating to Milwaukee.

Hand Row
May 28, 2001

Inspector_666 posted:

I like Miller pretty decently, but yeah, I hate how it's in a sea of parking. I also wish they have designed the exterior walls differently in the OF because even with the roof open, it can feel a little closed in.

The sea of parking at Miller is the defining feature of the stadium. I am hard pressed to name another MLB club that gets anywhere near the tailgating experience that the Brewers have. And yea that’s why they didn’t relocate it downtown because they wanted to preserve tailgating. I think they were looking at by the Summerfest grounds at Lake Michigan which would have been sweet though.

Fully agree they hosed up the outfield. Which is even more egregious because at previous County Stadium the outfield bleachers were isolated from the stadium and had their own entrance/exit and were rather notorious.

Bregor
May 31, 2013

People are idiots, Leslie.

zoux posted:

...i was saying boo urns

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Popete
Oct 6, 2009

Grimey Drawer

Hand Row posted:

The sea of parking at Miller is the defining feature of the stadium. I am hard pressed to name another MLB club that gets anywhere near the tailgating experience that the Brewers have. And yea that’s why they didn’t relocate it downtown because they wanted to preserve tailgating. I think they were looking at by the Summerfest grounds at Lake Michigan which would have been sweet though.

Fully agree they hosed up the outfield. Which is even more egregious because at previous County Stadium the outfield bleachers were isolated from the stadium and had their own entrance/exit and were rather notorious.

Although they did somewhat recently put limits on tailgating, you have to enter the stadium 30 minutes after the game beings.