Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

sharkmafia
Aug 20, 2018

The_Doctor posted:

Anyway, back to our heroes!

The heroes: “so… hungy…”

also this shot was very good

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DrSunshine
Mar 23, 2009

Did I just say that out loud~~?!!!
I liked the weird, unexpected detour into Kabru's political machinations! It just highlights how everyone else is playing a totally different game from Laios and company.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."

sharkmafia posted:

“Finally, she’s out of the way, and we can be this dungeon’s power throuple.”

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

sharkmafia posted:

The boyfriends are thriving, but without her girlfriend marcille is suffering

Rand Brittain
Mar 25, 2013

"Go on until you're stopped."
It really is impressive that there are basically no heterosexual ships in this anime worth mentioning. The closest is probably Tansu/Tansu, and after that you're stuck with Falin/Shuro and Kabru/Rin, so it's either stuff like "things that happened a hundred years ago" or "things that will never happen ever".

haypliss
Oct 2, 2022
It's shipping, none of that matters. Laicille content is being created as we speak.

Angry Diplomat
Nov 7, 2009

Winner of the TSR Memorial Award for Excellence In Grogging

haypliss posted:

It's shipping, none of that matters. Laicille content is being created as we speak.

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
Yeah, ultimately you are always going to get people who deny even the most overt subtext. Which is funny cause you then see stuff like Ryoko Kui giving that interview about video games she played and like a good chunk of stuff was queer indies.

sharkmafia
Aug 20, 2018

marcille/falin has some solid evidence for it and involves characters that are actually important

every other ship is some combination of speculative and/or not important. dungeon meshi is not a very shipping-centric show

Zeruel
Mar 27, 2010

Alert: bad post spotted.
kabru's a loving arrogant sociopath
"oh the toudens gave money to their injured party members"
"oh thats nice of them-"
"but the injured party members were faking it and got into illegal manufacturing"
okay? isn't it more likely the party members were not being completely honest with the toudens and just taking their money?
fit to be the dungeon lord my rear end. "boy i hope im there when the mask (that i fabricated in my mind) falls off!!"
new opening nice, new ending crazy good

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

Rand Brittain posted:

It really is impressive that there are basically no heterosexual ships in this anime worth mentioning. The closest is probably Tansu/Tansu, and after that you're stuck with Falin/Shuro and Kabru/Rin, so it's either stuff like "things that happened a hundred years ago" or "things that will never happen ever".

Mr. Tansu and Mrs. Tansu are a great couple and loving parents and I am with them being the token heterosexual couple in the story.

Nitrousoxide
May 30, 2011

do not buy a oneplus phone

Well Mr. Samurai loving off makes a lot more sense now if he was just gathering his party before venturing forth.

Azubah
Jun 5, 2007

He would've been very late though.

Ammat The Ankh
Sep 7, 2010

Now, attempt to defeat me!
And I shall become a living legend!

Azubah posted:

He would've been very late though.

The dragon was moving around, he might've made a beeline for where it was only to find it wasn't there anymore and freaking out.

Rand Brittain
Mar 25, 2013

Zeruel posted:

kabru's a loving arrogant sociopath
"oh the toudens gave money to their injured party members"
"oh thats nice of them-"
"but the injured party members were faking it and got into illegal manufacturing"
okay? isn't it more likely the party members were not being completely honest with the toudens and just taking their money?

I feel like Kabru gets that that's likely; he just thinks it's a sign that there's something wrong with Laios for him to be technically competent but still gullible.

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right

Rand Brittain posted:

I feel like Kabru gets that that's likely; he just thinks it's a sign that there's something wrong with Laios for him to be technically competent but still gullible.

I feel that Kabru has heard all about Laios' successes (which surpass his own achievements) but he's never actually been in the same room as him so he has no idea that outside of a very specific skill set he's actually a gigantic doofus

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

A man becomes preeminent, he's expected to have enthusiasms.

Enthusiasms, enthusiasms...
i hope kabru's Wile E Coyote rear end keeps tripping into his ACME machinations and he never gets his "revenge"

Henker
May 5, 2009

Kabru is the kind of guy who reads gossip rags and constantly posts on Kiwi Farms. He also knows Falin/Marcille are totally fuckin'.

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

does he though

Babysitter Super Sleuth
Apr 26, 2012

my posts are as bad the Current Releases review of Gone Girl

Rand Brittain posted:

This is the big thing; remember that he’s composing laios to the lord of the island, who he previously described as being kind of incompetent.

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
All I have to say to Kabru is:

RubberLuffy
Mar 31, 2011

Henker posted:

Kabru is the kind of guy who reads gossip rags and constantly posts on Kiwi Farms. He also knows Falin/Marcille are totally fuckin'.

classmates don't gently caress, they just take baths and sleep together. it's different

Mr. Lobe
Feb 23, 2007

... Dry bones...

Just to be clear, was Kabrus intent to permakill those guys? It's not 100% clear to me what his intentions were there

the unabonger
Jun 21, 2009

Mr. Lobe posted:

Just to be clear, was Kabrus intent to permakill those guys? It's not 100% clear to me what his intentions were there

Absolutely.

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
I feel like anywhere else in the world Kabru would be a wanted serial killer. It's probably a good thing his party seems to suck at actual monster slaying.

HamburgerTownUSA
Aug 7, 2022

Mr. Lobe posted:

Seems like them dumping the bodies in the water was to specifically make sure the bodies couldn't be recovered and resurrected.

Rand Brittain
Mar 25, 2013

Kabru ordered the party to drag their bodies into the water (note that Mr. Tansu commented earlier that if ?????? hadn't dragged the Kabrooeys out of the water, they'd have been eaten by fish) and to drop their money, which they need to pay resurrection fees, to the bottom of the lake.

He wants those guys to stay dead.

ghost sex
May 19, 2013
murder should be legal, but only for me

Mr. Lobe
Feb 23, 2007

... Dry bones...

So his party basically just murdered a pack of extortionists. I guess that's classic DnD murderhobo justice for you

Rand Brittain
Mar 25, 2013

ghost sex posted:

murder should be legal, but only for me

I think you'll find that everything down here is the legal property of King Delgal, and that tresspassers are to be punished with death, so, everything Kabru did checks out.

Nitrousoxide
May 30, 2011

do not buy a oneplus phone

The mad mage and King Delgal look like fun lads dancing with each other in the OP. I bet they would sure be great folks to hang out with!

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

so the new intro song, I feel like I've heard it somewhere. I don't really follow jpop closely though

Fluffdaddy
Jan 3, 2009

Alan Smithee posted:

so the new intro song, I feel like I've heard it somewhere. I don't really follow jpop closely though

Sumika did the Wotakoi OP and a lot of their music has that jaunty sound.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

Rand Brittain posted:

It’s this, Kabru says they don’t take enough interest in other people, which is why they were getting scammed.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Convince Laios that people are monsters too and he’ll take way more interest

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

"demihumans?!"

Marsupial Ape
Dec 15, 2020
the mod team violated the sancity of my avatar
Yeah, Kabru is ringing all my “Last Podcast on the Left” and “Behind the Bastards” alarm bells.

So, it seems that other large dungeons exist in the world that have adventuring economies. Is the immortality curse unique to this dungeon? If so, those other dungeons probably produce much more cautious adventurers.

chiasaur11
Oct 22, 2012

There's a full on doujin that came out recently.

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
when the reply to the reply is just the post the reply is replying to

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sharkmafia
Aug 20, 2018

laios/marcille makes no sense, mostly because laios/anybody makes no sense

he knows what sex is but only specifically in the context of Cool Monster Facts that would make for uncomfortable conversation