Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

You think Sparking Zero will have a ToP mode?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014
the dragon ball battle royale...

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

I think the problem with Z Broly is like

Do you just recast him with Johnny Yong Bosch too? Fighterz avoided this by getting Z Broly out before Vic was disgraced, but it would still kinda feel weird.

CullenDaGaDee
Aug 20, 2023

I got the will to drive myself sleepless
Even by the standards of DBZ characters, Broly's dialogue past his debut movie is little but inarticulate screaming and "KAKAROTTTTTTTT", so I don't think it's that hard to get a replacement for. I guess they could go for Zeno Robinson if they're really particular about having a good sound-alike.

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014
its not like z broly has any personality or character just get someone who can scream kakarot and call it a day

gay devil
Aug 20, 2009

put swamp thing broly in

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014
bio broly
(homer simpson staring blankly)
thats bad

gay devil
Aug 20, 2009

imagine how gross the shaders would look on him

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014

gay devil posted:

imagine how gross the shaders would look on him

Ryaomon
Mar 19, 2007
Ask me about being a racist piece of shit with a racist gimmick
Bosch already redubbed Z Broly in the mobile game.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OKAB6AJ4ZQc

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Yeah, I don't think there's any controversy there. Vic is gone and will not return, Bosch is the new Broly.

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

Electric Phantasm posted:

Imagining Nameless Freeza Soldier getting in over Z Broly and having a laugh.

That's no way to talk about Appule.

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

Z Broly was actually way more articulate in his berserk form than Super Broly, at least in the first movie. Granted it was mostly just cheesy bad guy one liners like "I'm a genuine freak the devil" or "Handicap? Is that another word for coffin?" but the mindlessly screaming "Kakarot" thing was mostly in the sequel. Toriyama basically reversed the dynamic with Broly by having his true self be the base form instead of the berserk form.

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014
toriyama fixed the worst part about broly which is that he hates goku for crying as a baby

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

Electric Phantasm posted:

You think Sparking Zero will have a ToP mode?

I would love that

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

Funky Valentine posted:

No, no, Appule's good and my friend (as proven by Xenoverse 2) and I will be mad if he isn't in Sparking Zero as a major character in the Dragon Ball lore.

What they're talking about is a character far more obscure, far more unimportant, and yet, just as playable in Budokai Tenkaichi 2 and 3. The Freeza Soldier.

https://static.wikia.nocookie.net/dragonball/images/c/c6/Freezasoldier.gif/revision/latest?cb=20080411165114
https://static.wikia.nocookie.net/dragonball/images/2/24/DBZBT3_Frieza_Soldier_2.png/revision/latest?cb=20150718015007
(can't get these to embed as images, sorry)

Neito
Feb 18, 2009

😌Finally, an avatar the describes my love of tech❤️‍💻, my love of anime💖🎎, and why I'll never see a real girl 🙆‍♀️naked😭.

Waffleman_ posted:

I think the problem with Z Broly is like

Do you just recast him with Johnny Yong Bosch too? Fighterz avoided this by getting Z Broly out before Vic was disgraced, but it would still kinda feel weird.

Vic's been a known shitbird for years before #KickVic. I was hearing stories at NE cons when I was in community college back before Obama was elected.

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014
i first heard about vic being a creeper when the first FMA anime aired its been a known secret in the industry for a long time that he was a sex pest

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014
he also stopped getting work outside of certain funimation projects because he was a massive prick and difficult to work with, an even bigger crime in hollywood

YggiDee
Sep 12, 2007

WASP CREW
if you know where to look you can probably still dig up some ancient Livejournal posts about Vic circa 2004.

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014
he'd get really mad about yaoi art of his characters because he was a homophobe which was really funny

Neito
Feb 18, 2009

😌Finally, an avatar the describes my love of tech❤️‍💻, my love of anime💖🎎, and why I'll never see a real girl 🙆‍♀️naked😭.

16-bit Butt-Head posted:

he'd get really mad about yaoi art of his characters because he was a homophobe which was really funny

One story I heard was that he was doing some signing event or something at a con and someone handed him some yaoi fanart (I think it was EdxRoy?) and he started crying.

YggiDee
Sep 12, 2007

WASP CREW
Like, when you're voicing a blond twink from a CLAMP series you don't get to be mad if fans think he's gay.

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014
handing vic a yaoi drawing of goku and broly and making him cry

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

Neito posted:

One story I heard was that he was doing some signing event or something at a con and someone handed him some yaoi fanart (I think it was EdxRoy?) and he started crying.

lol

Kaiser Mazoku
Mar 24, 2011

Didn't you see it!? Couldn't you see my "spirit"!?
He knew he was going to Hell the moment his innocent Christian eyes beheld the sight of Roy Mustang setting Edward Elric's passions ablaze.

RevolverDivider
Nov 12, 2016

Ryaomon posted:

Bosch already redubbed Z Broly in the mobile game.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OKAB6AJ4ZQc

this isn't your fault but boy did I burn my brain by making the mistake of looking at the comments

Lamebot
Sep 8, 2005

ロボ顔菌~♡

16-bit Butt-Head posted:

handing vic a yaoi drawing of goku and broly and making him cry

i mean anyone would cry before the maternal beauty of saiyan mpreg rear end babies.

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

As someone who didn't follow Super at all until very recently, learning of the existence of "Orange Piccolo" was extremely funny to me, and even more funny after looking up what he looks like. And then learning that he's really big!

IMO they should have done something with his antennae. Like had them become spiky or grow new ones.

Kaiser Mazoku
Mar 24, 2011

Didn't you see it!? Couldn't you see my "spirit"!?
They should have turned into horns to reference his origin as a demon.

holefoods
Jan 10, 2022

that would rule actually

Siegkrow
Oct 11, 2013

Arguing about Lore for 5 years and counting

I demand orange Namekian as an xv2 transformation

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

Dragon Balls? Are they tasty?
loving sucks that Vic voiced Ed in FMA.. Makes rewatches rough, and FMA is a masterpiece otherwise.

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

New Leaf posted:

loving sucks that Vic voiced Ed in FMA.. Makes rewatches rough, and FMA is a masterpiece otherwise.

You could always just watch the subbed Japanese version

But yeah, still sucks because otherwise both of those shows had a genuinely good English dub

Larryb fucked around with this message at 22:54 on Apr 5, 2024

Ryaomon
Mar 19, 2007
Ask me about being a racist piece of shit with a racist gimmick

Ytlaya posted:

IMO they should have done something with his antennae. Like had them become spiky or grow new ones.

Technically they did, they curve upwards when he's Orange, probably the closest thing to a Super Saiyan hair thing he could have.

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

Siegkrow posted:

I demand orange Namekian as an xv2 transformation

Genuinely surprised it hasn't happened, it feels like such an obvious addition. No need to have the CaC bulk up, just make them...well, orange, just like how SSBE doesn't make Saiyans bulk up in the game and just gives them darker blue hair and eyes.

But I guess it wasn't added because only Saiyans are allowed to have multiple race-exclusive transformations. Everyone else must use the one they get or the generic ones.

Schubalts
Nov 26, 2007

People say bigger is better.

But for the first time in my life, I think I've gone too far.
Maybe Xenoverse 3 will give Majins a transformation that isn't just becoming Kid Buu.

drrockso20
May 6, 2013

Has Not Actually Done Cocaine

Funky Valentine posted:

Nah BT3 had both Appule and a generic Frieza Soldier on the roster, and I hope that sort of thing continues with Sparking Zero with all sorts of dumb obscure goobers, let me play as the Spice Boys or the Bio Warriors

Justin_Brett
Oct 23, 2012

GAMERDOME put down LOSER

New Leaf posted:

Hire Bryce and release a new version where the only difference is he's Ed imo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CullenDaGaDee
Aug 20, 2023

I got the will to drive myself sleepless

drrockso20 posted:

Nah BT3 had both Appule and a generic Frieza Soldier on the roster, and I hope that sort of thing continues with Sparking Zero with all sorts of dumb obscure goobers, let me play as the Spice Boys or the Bio Warriors

This is something I always love about the games, just exploring obscure deep lore for what ifs, like having Devil Man take on Frieza with the Devilmite beam.