Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I got a taste for blown saves
I agree with that aspect of it fwiw

e: that it was wrong for the team to isolate them I mean, not agreeing with the team on that one

Intruder fucked around with this message at 02:43 on Apr 6, 2024

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Eric the Mauve
May 8, 2012

Making you happy for a buck since 199X

mycatscrimes posted:

I think separating the couple and not letting them reunite crossed a pretty clear line, unless you sign some interesting waivers when buying tickets. Could be wrong.

I think they belatedly realized that because of that specific thing they were running a big risk of a lawsuit if they didn't go back after the fact and give those people whatever they wanted (except the ball).

adaz
Mar 7, 2009

idc small sample size royals have the best starting pitching STATISTICALLY in mlb and are .500.

April Champions!!!!!!

Popete
Oct 6, 2009

This will make sure you don't suggest to the KDz
That he should grow greens instead of crushing on MCs

Grimey Drawer

adaz posted:

idc small sample size royals have the best starting pitching STATISTICALLY in mlb and are .500.

April Champions!!!!!!

I think we are far enough into the season to similarly conclude that the Cubs will average 7 runs per game the rest of the way

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!

Bregor posted:

If Mad Dog hates it there’s a decent chance it’s actually fine, hth

Mad Dog rules and this opinion drools.

Dameius
Apr 3, 2006

Popete posted:

I think we are far enough into the season to similarly conclude that the Cubs will average 7 runs per game the rest of the way

The Astros will get a no-hitter every other series. But struggle with 500.

Tatsuta Age
Apr 21, 2005

so good at being in trouble

shout out to the cubs, that was a fun game to watch today and beating the dodgers is very cool and good to do

BigBallChunkyTime
Nov 25, 2011

Kyle Schwarber: World Series hero, Beefy Lad, better than you.

Illegal Hen

Tatsuta Age posted:

shout out to the cubs, that was a fun game to watch today and beating the dodgers is very cool and good to do

It took several amazing defensive plays to beat the Dodgers but it was fun as hell ngl

Tatsuta Age
Apr 21, 2005

https://twitter.com/JustinCToscano/status/1776441913836515665

called it in the gdt, fuuuuck

LobsterMobster
Oct 29, 2009

"I was being quiet and trying to be a good boy but he dialed the right combination to open the throw-down vault and it was on."

"Walter Foxx is ten times brighter than your bulb at the bottom of the tree merry xmas"

im upset

RC and Moon Pie
May 5, 2011

Dammit, he was supposed to be the healthy one.

The Pussy Boss
Nov 2, 2004

Someone sign Brandon Belt already

(I went through some lineups and there's not many contending-ish teams who need a 1B/DH... Pirates? Brewers?)

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I got a taste for blown saves

The Pussy Boss posted:

Someone sign Brandon Belt already

(I went through some lineups and there's not many contending-ish teams who need a 1B/DH... Pirates? Brewers?)

The Astros badly need a 1B at this point

maffew buildings
Apr 29, 2009

too dumb to be probated; not too dumb to be autobanned

mycatscrimes posted:

I think separating the couple and not letting them reunite crossed a pretty clear line, unless you sign some interesting waivers when buying tickets. Could be wrong.

in all fairness separating and taking things from hispanic locals is the core foundation for the los angeles dodgers

Tatsuta Age
Apr 21, 2005

maffew buildings posted:

in all fairness separating and taking things from hispanic locals is the core foundation for the los angeles dodgers

can this fit as thread title

Sydin
Oct 29, 2011

Another spring commute

Oh goddammit. I'm sick of cool pitchers getting hurt.

Good Dog
Oct 16, 2008

Who threw this cat at me?
Clapping Larry
This is hosed. Retroactively ends his on base streak at 30 games instead of the 36+ that he's currently on.

https://twitter.com/ScoringChanges/status/1776467927308665318?t=yNl4Lj0ra6AQbNQDZP8iKg&s=19

General Bullshit
Apr 20, 2020

FlamingLiberal posted:

Michael Rubin, the guy that owns Fanatics, managed to convince just about all of the pro sports leagues to give him a full monopoly on licensed apparel because he would give them a bigger kickback or something. But of course now that he has a monopoly, the product they put out has not only been trash for fans, but apparently the actual on-field uniforms are poo poo too

It's amazing just how good the old Majestic stuff is compared to the new poo poo made by Fanatics. I so miss comfortable shirseys.

Salvor_Hardin
Sep 13, 2005

I want to go protest.
Nap Ghost

Good Dog posted:

This is hosed. Retroactively ends his on base streak at 30 games instead of the 36+ that he's currently on.

https://twitter.com/ScoringChanges/status/1776467927308665318?t=yNl4Lj0ra6AQbNQDZP8iKg&s=19

I mean, its the right call. Watch the play.

Also on-base streak is a made up thing.

Dameius
Apr 3, 2006
Y'all, I watched the replay of lad/chc and I gotta say... the cubs are looking good.

elentar
Aug 26, 2002

Every single year the Ivy League takes a break from fucking up the world through its various alumni to fuck up everyone's bracket instead.

incredibly sad about this, but something was obviously badly off yesterday. ugh.

gonna be leaning a ton on smith-shawver and praying morton and sale (and i guess fried's a worry now too) somehow manage to stay on the field

Bregor
May 31, 2013

People are idiots, Leslie.

Dameius posted:

Y'all, I watched the replay of lad/chc and I gotta say... the cubs are looking good.

More and more people are saying this

Captain Log
Oct 2, 2006

Now I am become Borb,
the Destroyer of Seeb
Separating the couple who caught the Ohtani ball is slimy as gently caress.

But trying to pin that on Ohtani is some bullshit. Dude is ridiculously polite and humble.

Tatsuta Age
Apr 21, 2005

yeah he's a liar with a gambling problem but he seems to have a kind soul

Grem
Mar 29, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 18 days!

Salvor_Hardin posted:

I mean, its the right call. Watch the play.

Also on-base streak is a made up thing.

Shut up it was all we had! (that and a short lived tie for first in May)

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

congrats
https://x.com/CodifyBaseball/status/1776468636016013741

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.
Rendon and Kris Bryant

Legends at the bank.

AndrewP
Apr 21, 2010

Baseball has a problem. This does not feel sustainable long term

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

Defector via Baseball Prospectus had an article on this by a pseudonymous pro baseball pitcher (not clear if it is a major leaguer):

quote:

I can hear you, screaming into your various-sized screens, “But Mr. Wholestaff, shouldn’t the pitch clock incentivize pitchers to try to throw at a more sustainable effort level in order to avoid injury?” And the answer, if you haven’t figured it out yet, is obviously no, because again, the goal of pitching isn’t to avoid injury, but to avoid losing. Every pitcher will by and large be doing the same thing they were doing before, trying to throw the best stuff they can in order to get hitters out and hoping that they don’t get injured in the process.

https://defector.com/a-pitchers-view-on-the-tommy-john-epidemic

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Rip strider

He’s fun to watch

Eric the Mauve
May 8, 2012

Making you happy for a buck since 199X

R.D. Mangles posted:

Defector via Baseball Prospectus had an article on this by a pseudonymous pro baseball pitcher (not clear if it is a major leaguer):

Yeah, and the goal of professional baseball is to incentivize fans to want to watch, not to avoid injury, or indeed even to avoid losing.

I'm pessimistic on this--I think probably the pitch clock is going to go away and we're going to get back to slow, grinding 3+ hour games, because the injury problem appears to be real, and the only solution other than slow the games back down (getting back to pre-1990s baseball where pitchers don't have to throw max effort on every pitch, along with a very low limit on rostered pitchers to ensure they can't) is too complex to realistically implement.

e: also slower games are better for encouraging between-pitch betting

Eric the Mauve fucked around with this message at 15:41 on Apr 6, 2024

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Can you post the defector article

mycatscrimes
Jan 2, 2020

R.D. Mangles posted:

quote:

In cadaver testing, the Ulnar Collateral Ligament (the one replaced in Tommy John Surgery) will snap well before the equivalent stress of a 90 mph fastball is put on it. This explains why there aren’t many dead guys in the league these days, though Rich Hill is getting up there a bit.

I just like this part.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

https://twitter.com/BayAreaBrennan/status/1776345409956327680

Me if anyone posts last night's box score

DeepDickPizza
Oct 11, 2012

THREE TIME! THREE TIME!
They’re singing “Lift Every Voice and Sing” before random Friday games now?

Bregor
May 31, 2013

People are idiots, Leslie.
https://x.com/mandybell02/status/1776627397397242053?s=46&t=qe_Y8YJnNikGLo_JUDPyAQ

Fire up the gif

DeepDickPizza
Oct 11, 2012

THREE TIME! THREE TIME!
Yeesh. What a bloodbath.

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

lmao at ticket prices for the cubs game today.

ozymandius1024
Mar 15, 2006

You don't yank on the Spine of God

Everyone, please hold your starters. They are precious.

Seriously though, put Jackson Jobe in bubble wrap.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mike_V
Jul 31, 2004

3/18/2023: Day of the Dorks
john mozeliak has the last laugh as kyle gibson, lance lynn, and miles mikolas each twirl 170 IP while rocking a 5.35 ERA