Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Eric the Mauve
May 8, 2012

Making you happy for a buck since 199X
Elsewhere, the Hurricanes have quietly been one of the hottest teams in hockey over the past month and in theory belong in that group of legit Cup contenders. But I'm not gonna believe Brind'Amour's poo poo works in the playoffs until I actually see it happen.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Nah they lost 4-1 to the fraud Bruins.

heehee
Sep 5, 2012

haha wow i cant believe how lucky we got to win :D

Eric the Mauve posted:

The Cup will be won by one of {Bruins, Rangers, Avalanche, Stars}

Probably the Rangers

nucks baby

grack
Jan 10, 2012

COACH TOTORO SAY REFEREE CAN BANISH WHISTLE TO LAND OF WIND AND GHOSTS!
Playoff teams are set in the west barring some sort of incredible collapse from the Kings or Preds

grack fucked around with this message at 04:14 on Apr 6, 2024

heehee
Sep 5, 2012

please god i hope the nucks lose to vegas on monday to set up the easy 1st round matchup vs da preds

Matt Zerella
Oct 7, 2002

Norris'es are back baby. It's good again. Awoouu (fox Howl)

Eric the Mauve posted:

Elsewhere, the Hurricanes have quietly been one of the hottest teams in hockey over the past month and in theory belong in that group of legit Cup contenders. But I'm not gonna believe Brind'Amour's poo poo works in the playoffs until I actually see it happen.

I'm way more scared of Tampa than Carolina.

Jamwad Hilder
Apr 18, 2007

surfin usa
If I had to guess, it's going to be the Rangers or Carolina vs whoever from the West in the cup finals. If the Rangers hang on to first in the east it means you have an absolute bloodbath between Boston, Florida, Toronto, and Tampa in the Atlantic side, and the Metro side should theoretically have a much easier time.

Eric the Mauve
May 8, 2012

Which of the Legit Contenders group wins the Cup is in truth down almost entirely to injury/goalie luck.

Starsfan
Sep 29, 2007

This is what happens when you disrespect Cam Neely
With Colorado dropping that game to Edmonton things are starting to clear up in the Central.. if Dallas can get a win in either of these b2b games against Chicago or Colorado on the weekend the division will be pretty close to locked up. Mavrik Bourque getting his first NHL action certainly adds some excitement to the weekend too!

it uh.. obviously behooves the Stars to not drop that game tomorrow in Chicago if they can manage that. No reason to let things get dicey again on Sunday in Colorado.

pars
Sep 7, 2011

The Dirty Burger posted:

1 goal in his last 17 games, 24 on the seasonis DeBrincat cooked?

After an incredible start he has been extremely mediocre. He's getting chances but feels like he is converting nothing. I expected his S% to be under 10% but its comfortably at 10.5%, which is lower than his career average but still not a "can't put anything in the net" number.
He's still probably safely their 4th best forward but that is not saying much because the Wings' depth drops off extremely quickly after Larkin Kane and Raymond.

Darude - Adam Sandstorm
Aug 16, 2012

heehee posted:

please god i hope the nucks lose to vegas on monday to set up the easy 1st round matchup vs da preds

Come on monkey paw

heehee
Sep 5, 2012

if i had to guess, it will probably be one of 4 of the 8 possible teams that can make the finals from the east. dumbass lol

heehee
Sep 5, 2012

heehee posted:

if i had to guess, it will probably be one of 4 of the 8 possible teams that can make the finals from the east. dumbass lol

this is in response to uh hitler or w/r his name is's post

Fifty Three
Oct 29, 2007

rex rabidorum vires posted:

The comedy answer is the Pens making it and me screaming into the void about Trouba being a dirty poo poo
:hmmyes:

I believe.

Dr Zaius
Jan 2, 2001

Smells Like Team Spirit
Tampa isn't that scary, they lost to Toronto last year.

Mr. Fish
Sep 13, 2017

INLAND EMPIRE — This is a team with a lot of past, but little present. And almost no future.
What the gently caress are the Isles doing in the third place metro spot. How did we get here. Why do we even deserve this.

Good soup!
Nov 2, 2010

Twin Cinema
Jun 1, 2006

Playoffs are no big deal,
don't have a crap attack.
My prediction for the Stanley Cup is two teams that have ruined my playoff pool, because the actual two teams I picked were eliminated in the second round.

tarbrush
Feb 7, 2011

ALL ABOARD THE SCOTLAND HYPE TRAIN!

CHOO CHOO
Vegas going up 4-1 on the yotes and somehow losing 7-4 might be the funniest result of the season

BRAKE FOR MOOSE
Jun 6, 2001

Mr. Fish posted:

Why do we even deserve this.

You don't, but nobody else does either

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

The Dirty Burger posted:

https://x.com/jamesjohnsonyyc/status/1776081214941913178?s=46&t=2hVb1vPytx9OUpdE0UPz6Q

Probably should have taken the Holtz+ offer from the Devils, but Im not GM Craig Conroy

I mean ownership actively said no and they have to sign off on it

The Dirty Burger
Aug 24, 2007

1st team all star
+
2nd degree manslaughter
=
3rd world clothing line
https://x.com/jfreshhockey/status/1776461600523735118?s=46&t=2hVb1vPytx9OUpdE0UPz6Q

Rules that hes still playing hockey at age 37, hope he never retires

DildenAnders
Mar 16, 2016

"I recommend Batman especially, for he tends to transcend the abysmal society in which he's found himself. His morality is rather rigid, also. I rather respect Batman.”
I feel like the world collectively feels sorry for him after his parents stole all of his money and somehow put him $10 million in debt.

Eric the Mauve
May 8, 2012

I hope he keeps playing until he's 45, because from the moment he retires as a player JMFJ is going to be some combination of omnipresent TV talking head and NHL GM for the next 35 years

HOLY FUCK
Mar 31, 2007

Cats are terrifying, everyone knows that! 'Cause they're witches! And they've got knives in their feet!

tarbrush posted:

Vegas going up 4-1 on the yotes and somehow losing 7-4 might be the funniest result of the season

:lmao: oh my god, this just made my morning

The Dirty Burger
Aug 24, 2007

1st team all star
+
2nd degree manslaughter
=
3rd world clothing line
https://x.com/nhl/status/1776455378449863125?s=46&t=2hVb1vPytx9OUpdE0UPz6Q

I dont condone the NHLs official twitter account using a horny emoji but god drat is this a slick fakeout

Those jerseys should be their home jersey full time too

Levitate
Sep 30, 2005

randy newman voice

YOU'VE GOT A LAFRENIRE IN ME
They should pair Makar with JJ

(Makar has apparently actually been really bad defensively this year)

tinstaach
Aug 3, 2010

MAGNetic AttITUDE

tarbrush posted:

I'm partial to the Canucks going into the third period with a 5-3 lead on the Wild and somehow losing 10-7

Ginette Reno
Nov 18, 2006

How Doers get more done
Fun Shoe
I can't believe I'm sitting here making GBS threads my pants about hockey again but somehow this dumb team has decided it might want playoff hockey.

Bunting owns.

Ginette Reno fucked around with this message at 21:13 on Apr 6, 2024

DO YALL WANT A BOXC
Jul 20, 2010

HAHA! WOOOOOOO WOOO!
Fun Shoe

heehee posted:

heehee posted:

this is in response to uh hitler or w/r his name is's post

you should probably try to have better reading comprehension of what he actually posted before you're needlessly hostile on a message board, you (note how this is deserved) shithead moron

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

Ginette Reno posted:

Bunting owns.

I expected next to nothing from him but he really does have a facet to the game that the roster has been missing for a while

And everything is clicking. I think the team is starting to believe

rex rabidorum vires
Mar 26, 2007

KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN
MARCH OF THE PENGUINS

DO YALL WANT A BOXC
Jul 20, 2010

HAHA! WOOOOOOO WOOO!
Fun Shoe

me loading up the "if you watched the series or hockey ever, you'd know the Rangers play better than the public models" posts after the Penguins get in and lose a 7 game heartbreaker where they outplay the Rangers 5v5

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

1st seeds like never make it. You know the curse is real

DO YALL WANT A BOXC
Jul 20, 2010

HAHA! WOOOOOOO WOOO!
Fun Shoe

Good Soldier Svejk posted:

1st seeds like never make it. You know the curse is real

pay no attention to the 2014-2015 season, where the Rangers also won the President's Trophy, I spent a lot of money going to Game 5 of the Conference Finals against Tampa, they showed a clearly "leave me alone" mode Larry David on the jumbotron in the first 5 minutes that made me immediately think "no way we win this game", and we lost 2-0 and then the series in 7.

thankfully LD hasn't been publicly showing his Rangers fandom or anything lately

The Dirty Burger
Aug 24, 2007

1st team all star
+
2nd degree manslaughter
=
3rd world clothing line

Even the draft of 94 was cursed, truly a hell season

heehee
Sep 5, 2012

DO YALL WANT A BOXC posted:

you should probably try to have better reading comprehension of what he actually posted before you're needlessly hostile on a message board, you (note how this is deserved) shithead moron

huh

DO YALL WANT A BOXC
Jul 20, 2010

HAHA! WOOOOOOO WOOO!
Fun Shoe

The Dirty Burger posted:

Even the draft of 94 was cursed, truly a hell season

off the top of my head, that was the worst 5 year stretch for first overalls since the draft started?

Hamrlik-Daigle-Jovanovski-Berard-Phillips

Looking here, maybe you could argue Greg Joly-Mel Bridgman-Rick Green-Dale McCourt-Bobby Smith, but Smith probably had the best career of any 10 of those guys. Although the two years after Smith were Rob Ramage and Doug Wickenheiser. Tough stretch for drafting. Not counting the first five years of the draft pre-67 before they changed it to actually make it a real draft.

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

The hell was going on in the early 90s? Was everyone trying to draft a Scott Stevens-type?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

another game at nationwide arena. everybody keeps asking me if they can fuck the cannon. buddy, they don't even let me fuck it

N: Much of my enthusiasm for the NHL long since dead, the last time I looked, it seemed like Philly had enough cushion to hold onto the 3 seed in the Metro and Detroit looked good for WC2. As you're all keenly aware, Washington, Pittsburgh, and the Isles are all very much in it now.

V: Uh, what the hell? :wtc: