Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Long-Time Lurker
May 20, 2021

readin'-but-not-postin'-jones

How do Fed stans handle the cognitive dissonance of making GBS threads on the Bucks but then being completely okay with the Usos' awful superkicks? Also, this looks like what they imagine a Bucks match is like lol.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

rotinaj
Sep 5, 2008

Fun Shoe
There is a thought in the back of my mind that if they had brought out the custom Brahma bull rock belt they supposedly had made back in the attitude era to be rock’s smoking skull belt, that would be sick as hell and show some neat history

But the odds are 100% they got a new one made so lol

Ed:

Long-Time Lurker posted:

How do Fed stans handle the cognitive dissonance of making GBS threads on the Bucks but then being completely okay with the Usos' awful superkicks? Also, this looks like what they imagine a Bucks match is like lol.

They don’t, they were getting salty and butthurt that an AEW match made its way onto wrestlemania

You know, a match between two wwe lifers who have had an entire gimmick of how important their family is to the wwe, allowing them to never ever have to set foot in a wrestling ring outside of wwe

Those two guys did an AEW match

a dumb moron
Mar 19, 2024

augh

rotinaj posted:

There is a thought in the back of my mind that if they had brought out the custom Brahma bull rock belt they supposedly had made back in the attitude era to be rock’s smoking skull belt, that would be sick as hell and show some neat history

But the odds are 100% they got a new one made so lol

I must be suffering from Mandela effect because I could swear he actually had that belt back in the day.

Miching Mallecho
May 24, 2010

:yeshaha:

a dumb moron posted:

I must be suffering from Mandela effect because I could swear he actually had that belt back in the day.

He never actually had it on tv

It was in the games and there was a child toy version too

rotinaj
Sep 5, 2008

Fun Shoe

a dumb moron posted:

It was one of those pieces of lost media, they had been about to bring out the rock custom belt and just never did

https://youtu.be/SYpBUMWq7cU

Soul Glo
Aug 27, 2003

Just let it shine through

Elephant Ambush posted:

So I just saw Rock's lovely way too long entrance on twitter and he had a belt for some reason? Which one is that? I don't remember reading about him winning anything

the rock demanding a participation trophy so he looks better in b roll years from now is really funny

Long-Time Lurker
May 20, 2021

readin'-but-not-postin'-jones

rotinaj posted:

They don’t, they were getting salty and butthurt that an AEW match made its way onto wrestlemania

You know, a match between two wwe lifers who have had an entire gimmick of how important their family is to the wwe, allowing them to never ever have to set foot in a wrestling ring outside of wwe

Those two guys did an AEW match

Okay, at least they can still recognise an awful match for what it is. Lol @ them thinking that's what an AEW match is like though.

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008
its the young bucks fault because they and the briscoes inspired the usos to crib a decent amount of their work and inspired them

rotinaj
Sep 5, 2008

Fun Shoe

KungFu Grip posted:

its the young bucks fault because they and the briscoes inspired the usos to crib a decent amount of their work and inspired them

Why would the usos want to mimic a team that by all reports is bad at wrestling and as far as I know would never ever be wanted in the wwe

shiksa
Nov 9, 2009

i went to one of these wrestling shows and it was... honestly? frickin boring. i wanna see ricky! i want to see his gold chains and respect for the ftw lifestyle

Long-Time Lurker posted:

I was gonna say I can't believe they had a years long blood feud culminate with two guys who know three moves each spamming them over and over, but I have seen wwe before so ill refrain

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008

History Comes Inside! posted:

lol there’s a 40 page live thread for mania what the gently caress is wrong with all of you

handful seemed like new posters/casual watchers coming in to see what The Big Wrestlemania with Hollywood actor Dwyane Johnson was about in the wrestling subforum :shrug:

rotinaj posted:

Why would the usos want to mimic a team that by all reports is bad at wrestling and as far as I know would never ever be wanted in the wwe

you can get inspired by bad things and also be bad at pulling them off idk

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I'M HAVING A HOOT EATING CORNETTE THE LONG WAY

STING 64 posted:

Why do wwe's women wrestlers always look like they were sprayed in the eyes with bear mace

Becky, Heyman, and Rhea all had too much on

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

Miching Mallecho posted:

:lmao:

https://x.com/drainbamager/status/1776865747559449056?s=46

A lot of thigh slapping. Where's some old vet to yell about that

This was one of thebworst matches I've ever watched

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

Leaving aside the number of them, the Usos superkicks look terrible. Weren't they good at them before?

shiksa
Nov 9, 2009

i went to one of these wrestling shows and it was... honestly? frickin boring. i wanna see ricky! i want to see his gold chains and respect for the ftw lifestyle

flashy_mcflash posted:

Leaving aside the number of them, the Usos superkicks look terrible. Weren't they good at them before?

I don't really think they ever were

e the usos are a tag team that looks immeasurably better in a fed that doest give a drat about tag team wrestling

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

On The Internet posted:

Buddy in discord posted without a shred of irony:

"10/10 Night 1. Wrestling is back."

How true is this?

You only had 1 truly bad match, but only 2 great/good matches. The rest were enjoyable by the time 1-2-3 happened.

The Rock's entrance was good.

post hole digger
Mar 21, 2011

Fish Of Doom posted:

The sponsorships were out of the control, but I did like Cole saying the vodka was "so good, you'll drink the whole bottle" and then kind of walking it back.

lol

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

The announcers were very stupid

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

Mr Hootington posted:

The rest were enjoyable by the time 1-2-3 happened.

i don't get this reference

shiksa
Nov 9, 2009

Cavauro posted:

Sean Waltman was on the tron every time they went for a pin and he would lead the crowd in counting.

he was just wearing a dx shirt and a bandanna kinda seemed like a missed opportunity to me

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

shiksa posted:

e the usos are a tag team that looks immeasurably better in a fed that doest give a drat about tag team wrestling

Yeah the Usos have never had a good superkick, it always comes from that low angle with their leg bent that makes it look like it has zero fuckin' impact. You compare it to even Ziggler and it looks awful, forget the Bucks.

Bard Maddox
Feb 15, 2012

I'm just a sick guy, I'm really just a dirty guy.

these two are cowards for not doing the superkick each other at the same time spot

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014
roman should eat the usos for a power up

Erin M. Fiasco
Mar 21, 2013

Nothing's better than postin' in the morning!

16-bit Butt-Head posted:

roman should eat the usos for a power up

It's unfathomable to me that at no point during a Bloodline match has Paul Heyman witnessed a low-on-health Roman Reigns and tossed him a green gem so that he may replenish his HP.

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014

Erin M. Fiasco posted:

It's unfathomable to me that at no point during a Bloodline match has Paul Heyman witnessed a low-on-health Roman Reigns and tossed him a green gem so that he may replenish his HP.

that would be exposing the business

Sticky Nate
Jan 9, 2012

Why do they call him Main Event Jey Uso when he's not a main event talent and not wrestling in the main event?

a.lo
Sep 12, 2009

Sticky Nate posted:

Why do they call him Main Event Jey Uso when he's not a main event talent and not wrestling in the main event?

He's on Main Event

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

Sticky Nate posted:

They pushed him wrong, on purpose. As a joke.

faantastic
Dec 31, 2006

that dude.

flashy_mcflash posted:

I don't remember them being anything special but last night I had kind of assumed two brothers would be capable of putting on a good match since they've wrestled with each other for so long.

Last night wasn't the worst thing ever but it certainly felt more TV than PLE. I will never understand Roman always winning, I've only been back watching since last Rumble and he's the most bland person on the roster in and outside the ring. The last few matches with him on PLEs I've skipped entirely and will continue to do after he wins again tonight.

Fish Of Doom
Aug 18, 2004
I'm too awake for this to be a nightmare

Sticky Nate posted:

There was a period where he had like a main event match on Smackdown like 3 weeks in a row. Really.

Mr Hootington posted:

This was one of my biggest takeaways as someone who doesn't regularly watch WWE: Their commentators are terrible. Like I'm not as high on AEW as most people on here, but their commentary team is like 100x better than what WWE is doing. Cole is ok as play by play, but his fake excitement and cringe sponsor reads were brutal, Graves just acts like angry heel mark guy and everything is so forced out of him, and Mcafee is just abysmal; His timing sucks, he's got this awful gravely voice, the stuff he says makes no sense. I can't imagine listening to his podcast.

JethroMcB
Jan 23, 2004

We're normal now.
We love your family.

Mr Hootington posted:

I was going to give in to morbid curiosity and watch some Mania last night and lasted about 5 minutes before I pieced together who was at the desk and tapped out.

I've never been a fan of Graves and he was as obnoxious as ever. Cole was somehow even worse than he was when a septuagenarian sex criminal screamed in his earpiece to dictate and direct his performance. Pat McAfee having multiple jobs where he talks extemporaneously on mic for hours on end, making millions upon millions of dollars in the process, is a damning indictment of this entire country.

Power Windows
Dec 29, 2004

Brasky used to ride upon a steed, perchance to spy a lady.

Cole referred to Graves as " the heir apparent" and :yikes:

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

Cavauro posted:

1-2-3 is in reference to a pining 3 count

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

shiksa posted:

Sean Waltman was on the tron every time they went for a pin and he would lead the crowd in counting.

he was just wearing a dx shirt and a bandanna kinda seemed like a missed opportunity to me

This reminded me of when they had Sean on that watch along show and he bitched about the nonsensical booking and then they stopped doing watch along shows lol

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

Mr Hootington posted:

i dig it hoot

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

:o:
that was the hell on a cell dq finish match

Eat My Fuc
May 29, 2007

RealityWarCriminal posted:

that was the hell on a cell dq finish match

Fiend (RIP) vs Seth
Also I believe the HIAC on RAW in the 90s

post hole digger
Mar 21, 2011

Mr Hootington posted:

i was pining for some good wrestling.

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

drat all the ads all over everything really does make the whole thing too busy and distracting

not that they've ever really worried about having watchable production in general but woof

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

shiksa posted:

You're probably right, maybe I'm just misremembering because that was about the only thing they seemed to be known for. It's true and very on brand though that they only really broke through once they established themselves as singles.