Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Nichael
Mar 30, 2011

loquacius posted:

He should have told them what they wanted to hear because that's an incredibly easy bone to throw. He was being set up as a villain and he was like "hell yeah I'm a villain". Just let them have their toy. Some of you have never been parents

I would've just said yes and picked the gayest, commie-est, Blackest, womanest person possible tbh.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nichael
Mar 30, 2011

loquacius posted:

because the running mate nomination literally does not matter and it's an easy way to placate your enemies, and it has always been used this way. FF I know you're capable of thinking politically even if the childcare analogy apparently fell flat

I think the fact that he didn't is just more proof he never wanted to win, and just wanted his best friend, known rapist, Joe Rapist Biden, to be president. He knew said rapist would be the best for killing Palestinian children.

Rectal Death Alert
Apr 2, 2021

the_steve posted:

I'd have to disagree.
I mean, during my time as an IK over there, they were accusing me of being a CSPAM poster before I had ever even lurked here.
The succlibs would just be screaming and hollering for CSPAM to implement DND rules and probe everyone who isn't agreeing with them, like they do now.

This is why everyone should just avoid the topic as much as possible. We are seen as the local representatives of Trump because we criticize Democrats and people are stupid. Mods end up being drafted from the dumbest of all. When Voldemort invades the ministry of magic or whatever they think is happening we'll probably be shut down again anyway.

https://x.com/POTUS/status/1776992159977132419

Narrator: "He Rested."

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

one thing a computer can do that most humans can't is be sealed up in a cardboard box and sit in a warehouse
Slippery Tilde

Mind_Taker posted:

one of Biden's only redeeming qualities

the other one is his hatred for the british

Clip-On Fedora
Feb 20, 2011

Probably Magic posted:

Especially since Nina Turner was right there, but he was probably keeping a seat warm for Liz Warren because that's the kind of sap he is.

Yeah. She’s not perfect, but Turner was the obvious answer to that question.

the_steve
Nov 9, 2005

We're always hiring!

DJJIB-DJDCT posted:

I understand what you’re saying but Bernie needed more uncompromising fire in him, not less.

No matter how Bernie answered that, they would have found a way to turn it against him.

If he had said yes, they'd have just accused him of pandering or trying to score cheap optics points, or would have just kept adding more qualifiers like "What about a gay woman? How about one who opened a small business in an urban neighborhood and has had it open for 3 years?"

VoicesCanBe
Jul 1, 2023

"Cóż, wygląda na to, że zostaliśmy łaskawie oszczędzeni trudu decydowania o własnym losie. Jakże uprzejme z ich strony, że przearanżowali Europę bez kłopotu naszego zdania!"

DJJIB-DJDCT posted:

We can see how that worked out. Kamala is hilarious, but this is an obscene way to actually appoint people to office.

Harris being comedy gold was something of a happy accident. She really gave no hint of that side of her during her primary campaign or the 2020 campaign

Whatever she's taking nowadays must be good stuff.

DJJIB-DJDCT
Feb 1, 2024

SgtMongoose posted:

Warren is an ambitious, craven, ladder climber with no convictions, identity, pride, or relationship she won't betray to climb one more rung. Her entire professional career has been thus. She's invisible because, after 2020 put these traits undeniably front and center, there is no one left unbetrayed or dumb enough to trust her. Obama had her measure when he told her to gently caress off after asking for a cabinet post as head of CFPB.

She was either given a false promise or deduced that the Dems were putting down Bernie's leftist nonsense once and for all after the Voltron and tried to jump ship to the winning side.

I can't find that amazing video of a colleague going off about here, but ‘Liz Was a Diehard Conservative’: Elizabeth Warren doesn’t like to talk about it, but for years she was a registered Republican. Why she left the GOP—and what it means for her campaign.

After a childhood she describes as not very political, Warren attended George Washington University on a debate scholarship. Above, she is pictured second from left in the front row in the 1967 GWU yearbook as “Liz Herring” (her maiden name).

DJJIB-DJDCT has issued a correction as of 02:36 on Apr 8, 2024

VoicesCanBe
Jul 1, 2023

"Cóż, wygląda na to, że zostaliśmy łaskawie oszczędzeni trudu decydowania o własnym losie. Jakże uprzejme z ich strony, że przearanżowali Europę bez kłopotu naszego zdania!"

mcmagic posted:

She really got nothing for throwing him under the bus, I feel like she's been completely invisible in the senate too.

You love to see it tbh

my bony fealty
Oct 1, 2008

DJJIB-DJDCT posted:

I can't find that amazing video of a colleague going off about here, but ‘Liz Was a Diehard Conservative’: Elizabeth Warren doesn’t like to talk about it, but for years she was a registered Republican. Why she left the GOP—and what it means for her campaign.

After a childhood she describes as not very political, Warren attended George Washington University on a debate scholarship. Above, she is pictured second from left in the front row in the 1967 GWU yearbook as “Liz Herring” (her maiden name).

Liz Swims With Herring

Willa Rogers
Mar 11, 2005

Iamgoofball posted:

i think the stupid forum wars suck rear end and koos killing D&D by endlessly trolling it from his position as head mod also sucks rear end

his work to make dnd unreadable loving sucks and i dont like that the SAD admins just told everyone who doesn't like what koos is doing to just give up on having their own forum and go to cspam, since cspam obviously doesn't want a bunch of random D&D posters rolling in

jeffrey should just pull the plug on the subforum at this point instead of just keeping it on life support while a nurse flips the machinery on and off at random for laughs

:agreed:

sullat
Jan 9, 2012

DJJIB-DJDCT posted:

drat it's a shame she took her husband's name, there'd be all sorts of great stories on Fox or whatever calling her a 'red herring'

BONGHITZ
Jan 1, 1970

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy
https://twitter.com/SnarkQueenBee/status/1775604874643706130
https://twitter.com/SnarkQueenBee/status/1775620794804044203

Nichael
Mar 30, 2011

I don't know who needs to hear this [thought which I am currently having], thus I shall not expound upon it.

Good gay!

Nichael
Mar 30, 2011

why did joe's parents give him the middle name "rapist"?

spacetoaster
Feb 10, 2014

Yeah....

https://twitter.com/SnarkQueenBee/status/1755294885207265606

lumpentroll
Mar 4, 2020

i like when liberals assume the troops don’t gently caress guns

DJJIB-DJDCT
Feb 1, 2024

Everyone remembers when Jesus gave the sick access to being healed for an affordable price.

Telluric Whistler
Sep 14, 2008

DJJIB-DJDCT posted:

Good to know that the bowtie guy college republican is timeless

Excelzior
Jun 24, 2013

neither party is offering ANY actual health care at all

the only discussion is on offering more, cheap health insurance plans - that don't really provide any coverage - for the poor

this is how poisoned the discourse has become

VitalSigns
Sep 3, 2011

BadOptics posted:

I'm not sure. Like the other candidates he seemed reasonably smart and in favor of debate. I was warned that his political views might be upsetting to some people, but to be honest that only made me want him slightly more.

FormaldehydeSon
Oct 1, 2011

Nichael posted:

I would've just said yes and picked the gayest, commie-est, Blackest, womanest person possible tbh.

So Stacey Abrams?

spacetoaster
Feb 10, 2014

I'm trying to come up with a scenario in my head where Trump has any shot in hell of winning and I just can't do it.

Even if it's a lower turnout election that will probably hurt Trump more. He has done nothing to gain undecided voters he has no policies or plans and quite frankly I think people are just kind of tired of him as weird as it is to say Biden being boring as poo poo is probably working to his benefit as people remember having to wake up each day with Trump as president stressing over if this was the day he was going to start world war 3.

This divide in the Republican party is killing them. I'm going to say that if Trump is found guilty of anything whether or not he sees prison he will have no chance of winning the election. Even being a convicted felon may not turn a lot of Republican voters but it will turn some and it will probably be enough with how razor thin the margins are for him.

Biden has a strong economy and no major scandals and his incumbency working for him and I think that's enough for him to be either Haley or Trump. Basically what I'm saying is it's far too early to say anything but I just don't feel like there is any path for Trump to succeed here.

The closest I can think of is Biden dying in October or some massive economic downturn but that's about it. poo poo even the economic downturn may not matter because we had one in 2022 and look how that turned out in the midterms.

Nichael
Mar 30, 2011

FormaldehydeSon posted:

So Stacey Abrams?

her immigration policies as president of earth were as bad as trump's and nearly as bad as biden's

Rectal Death Alert
Apr 2, 2021

spacetoaster posted:

I'm trying to come up with a scenario in my head where Trump has any shot in hell of winning and I just can't do it.

Even if it's a lower turnout election that will probably hurt Trump more. He has done nothing to gain undecided voters he has no policies or plans and quite frankly I think people are just kind of tired of him as weird as it is to say Biden being boring as poo poo is probably working to his benefit as people remember having to wake up each day with Trump as president stressing over if this was the day he was going to start world war 3.

This divide in the Republican party is killing them. I'm going to say that if Trump is found guilty of anything whether or not he sees prison he will have no chance of winning the election. Even being a convicted felon may not turn a lot of Republican voters but it will turn some and it will probably be enough with how razor thin the margins are for him.

Biden has a strong economy and no major scandals and his incumbency working for him and I think that's enough for him to be either Haley or Trump. Basically what I'm saying is it's far too early to say anything but I just don't feel like there is any path for Trump to succeed here.

The closest I can think of is Biden dying in October or some massive economic downturn but that's about it. poo poo even the economic downturn may not matter because we had one in 2022 and look how that turned out in the midterms.

well at least we can all agree the economy is good

it's so good it will be nothing but a benefit for biden and there is no indication or information that would indicate anything otherwise

voters will only love Biden over his Strong Economy

Nichael
Mar 30, 2011

spacetoaster posted:

I don't think it's a sure thing for either Biden or Trump, but lmao to be this loving dimwitted about the state of the polls.

also why do these imbeciles insist there is a divide in the gop???? that theory has been tested since 2015 and the answer is no.

also also, I think Biden dying in october probably would help his poll numbers, as president xanax would get the pity vote. complete idiot.

Nichael has issued a correction as of 04:37 on Apr 8, 2024

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

Nichael posted:

her immigration policies as president of earth were as bad as trump's and nearly as bad as biden's

that’s why I’m voting Paul Maud’dib. have you seen his infrastructure plans?

the_steve
Nov 9, 2005

We're always hiring!

Nichael posted:

I don't think it's a sure thing for either Biden or Trump, but lmao to be this loving dimwitted about the state of the polls.

also why do these imbeciles insist there is a divide in the gop???? that theory has been tested since 2015 and the answer is no.

also also, I think Biden dying in october probably would help his poll numbers, as president xanax would get the pity vote. complete idiot.

It's cope. They have to believe that the GOP is in it's death throes and collapse is imminent and the walls are closing in so they can distract themselves from their own party's countless failures and weaknesses that they aren't allowed to acknowledge or think about.

Willa Rogers
Mar 11, 2005

Excelzior posted:

neither party is offering ANY actual health care at all

the only discussion is on offering more, cheap health insurance plans - that don't really provide any coverage - for the poor

this is how poisoned the discourse has become

I was gonna post the opensecrets list of healthcare companies donating to politicians but I noticed a new name on the list, Transcarent.

It looks like some sort of hell-based app for HR depts. to track employees' health using a combination medical records & AI.

Look at this bullshit.

What initially caught my eye is unlike other donors to politicians Transcarent only funds democrats. Integra Connect is on the list as only funding republicans.

The behemoth UnitedHealthcare leads the PAC.

spacetoaster
Feb 10, 2014

Because of Biden I may have my student loans forgiven and even if not I'd be paying about a quarter of what I would be paying for them to pay them off so yeah he's earned my vote

Willa Rogers
Mar 11, 2005

Hey, fatty: I'm here to help you not have a heart attack.

Willa Rogers
Mar 11, 2005

spacetoaster posted:

This is true, and seems very obvious, but if we're trying to describe the reasoning process of the Trump voter, we have to keep in mind that there's a vast media landscape designed to make people believe the exact opposite, and it works. I've seen Trump voters say it: Trump is deeply imperfect, even a bad President, but at least he's not demented (as in, literally afflicted by dementia) in the way Biden is. So we gotta Vote Red No Matter Who.

And if you really believe that - and billions of dollars are spent every year to make people believe it - then you might vote for Trump even though you think Trump will be a bad president. In fact I'm pretty sure that at least a million people will vote with that reasoning in 2024.

mawarannahr
May 21, 2019

Telluric Whistler posted:

Good to know that the bowtie guy college republican is timeless

here's the guy

https://locator.apa.org/profile/mark-treegoob
https://www.marktreegoob.com

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold

Iamgoofball posted:

i think the stupid forum wars suck rear end and koos killing D&D by endlessly trolling it from his position as head mod also sucks rear end

his work to make dnd unreadable loving sucks and i dont like that the SAD admins just told everyone who doesn't like what koos is doing to just give up on having their own forum and go to cspam, since cspam obviously doesn't want a bunch of random D&D posters rolling in

jeffrey should just pull the plug on the subforum at this point instead of just keeping it on life support while a nurse flips the machinery on and off at random for laughs

sounds like koos should keep cooking

spacetoaster
Feb 10, 2014

I just wish the female voting bloc buried Turmp instead him commanding a base of completely barren, old white women with a total incapability to imagine the struggles they once had.

BornAPoorBlkChild
Sep 24, 2012

:same:

Nichael
Mar 30, 2011

spacetoaster posted:

I just wish the female voting bloc buried Turmp instead him commanding a base of completely barren, old white women with a total incapability to imagine the struggles they once had.

:females:

World War Mammories
Aug 25, 2006

DJJIB-DJDCT posted:

gotcha covered
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W5Nq3RG8b84

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Telluric Whistler
Sep 14, 2008

Think it was Bert Kenyon who is either unremarkable or runs a Trade Show Consulting company (whatever that means)