Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

FreudianSlippers
Apr 12, 2010

Shooting and Fucking
are the same thing!

Kvlt! posted:

its the longest thing youre gonna do!!

Not as long as standing in line for airport security?

Am I right?

Have you seen this? Have you heard about this?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
Don't you hate it when you are trying to bring back some Slap Ya Mamma spicy seasonings and the airport security stops you everytime to check your bag and says "slap ya mamma?"

UltimoDragonQuest
Oct 5, 2011

Finally caught Late Night With The Devil.
Was good but sometimes you should let subtext be subtext. The movie was over and I did not need a little explainer coda.

I'm sure diehards of 70s talks shows will enjoy it as much as I love WNUF or Out There Halloween Mega Tape (WNUF 2). Seriously, Out There is fantastic. Buy that DVD.

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD posted:

It's funny, THE FIRST OMEN is undeniably hurt by it being a prequel to anything. If it was THE NUN III I would have been more effusive in my praise
Totally agree.
I also think the IP helped sink the marketing because they didn't want to step on toes. Immaculate was pushed in the press like it was the $30M studio project and not a ~$9M movie from Neon. The Alien: Romulus trailer is not playing coy but I'm still worried about the box office after 20th Century hosed this up.

UltimoDragonQuest fucked around with this message at 04:23 on Apr 8, 2024

Dr. VooDoo
May 4, 2006

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD posted:

It's funny, THE FIRST OMEN is undeniably hurt by it being a prequel to anything. If it was THE NUN III I would have been more effusive in my praise.

I'm lazy about reading credits sometimes and never would have picked up on that.

It’s hurt by being a prequel and it’s hurt because the forced ending because it’s a prequel to allow for continuity doesn’t make any sense and doesn’t fit the atmosphere of the rest of the movie. The entire time the first film is happening there’s not one but three people alive who could blow the lid off the entire thing? And the apparently global spanning evil church network that monitors orphans all over the world to make their anti-christ mothers is fine with it and knows? Plus the ending gives a sense of whiplash when Margaret is suddenly this gun-toting tough final girl just doesn’t mesh at all with the rest of the film. It really felt like they were setting her up to be like the Omen version of Sarah Conner with how Brennan was talking to her

ruddiger
Jun 3, 2004

Are there any movies that feature a scene in a morgue where one of the coroners are NOT eating or drinking something?

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

I'm sure i'm wrong but I don't think there's any of that in the autopsy of jane doe. At least not in the operating room.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

I just checked, Saw 4 also doesn't.

Has anyone had a scene where they were eating a sandwich and mistook an organ for it? I want to do that lol.

Kvlt!
May 19, 2012

ruddiger posted:

Are there any movies that feature a scene in a morgue where one of the coroners are NOT eating or drinking something?

i dont mean this as an AKSHUALLY post i just thought you might find it interesting:

-Morgues are the individual room where the bodies are kept. They're usually just walk in freezers with moveable racks, not the "slide a person out of an individual cell" as portrayed in movies. A coroner's office has a morgue in it (as do hospitals), but the building itself isn't a morgue

-Autopsy technicians don't eat in the rooms they conduct autopsies in because of possibly contamination

-the neat stitching on the Y incision is also a movie thing. My funeral home works with 2 different ME's offices and both usually just use 4-5 stitches to very loosely hold the Y incision together

-Decedents are in body bags (we call them pouches) in the ME's office. They're not just out on a slab with a sheet covering them (they ARE like that in funeral homes), we'll pick up the body in a body bag, take it back to our home for embalming, then place them in our freezer with a sheet over them.

-ME's offices are full of people. The "2 dudes working alone at night" is a movie thing. They have a full staff, offices, break rooms, etc

-Coroner's themselves usually dont do the actual autopsy. That's the autopsy tech's job.

Kvlt! fucked around with this message at 07:35 on Apr 8, 2024

Punkin Spunkin
Jan 1, 2010
Probation
Can't post for 2 minutes!
Ultimately The First Omen is a cautionary tale about the risks of never shampooing your hair: you get creepy tentacle head whenever you lie down/you won't know you've got a creepy rear end satanic brand on your own head because you're like an adult human who has never brushed their fingers against their own scalp once in the entirety of their life

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Nell's hair being all over the place at times is at least reason #58 for me for why The First Omen rules a lot :rubby:

alf_pogs
Feb 15, 2012

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ALNV4mdHGEE

hell yeah

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

They showed that at the end of Pearl

alf_pogs
Feb 15, 2012

I'm quite stoned and way too excited for the actual trailer

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

It’s 6am on a Monday so that gets a hell yea from me brother

alf_pogs
Feb 15, 2012

I'm from the future (australia) and it's a socially acceptable hour to be baked

speaking of: this was posted in the Australiana images thread, but the movie distributor Umbrella now runs a free movie streaming service called Brollie.

cool free! thing, with a small but pretty insanely high quality ratio of horror films, as well as a load of ozploitation films too. not sure if it's available outside Aus tho

A Fancy Hat
Nov 18, 2016

Always remember that the former President was dumber than the dumbest person you've ever met by a wide margin

Gyro Zeppeli posted:

Just watched Pontypool on a whim and dang, that's an interesting little movie. Just a cool concept done really well, and I always love a one-location movie.

Gonna need someone to explain the post-credits scene though, what the gently caress was that?

The first time I watched it:

I assumed this was the movie's way of inoculating us against the virus. We get a complete word salad improv segment that keeps us safe.

But I've also heard some people say that it's:

A happy ending for Sydney and Grant. They survive by adopting a kind of free-form improv version of English. They slip up by saying "baby" as a term of endearment, which is why they quickly get out of there. But they could, theoretically, go on living like this forever.

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD
Sep 14, 2007

everything is yours
BTW, I was wracking my brain about Ralph Ineson (Father Brennan), but of course he was the most Dark Souls NPC of all time:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G7Gd3qVjg0g

Tuxedo Catfish
Mar 17, 2007

You've got guts! Come to my village, I'll buy you lunch.
That's actually Steven Hartley, not Ralph Ineson.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Steven_Hartley

Basebf555
Feb 29, 2008

The greatest sensual pleasure there is is to know the desires of another!

Fun Shoe
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y0uS3t6nFgY

You guys were slow on the draw this morning

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

I don’t play dark souls but I can see him fitting into that world super well

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD
Sep 14, 2007

everything is yours

Tuxedo Catfish posted:

That's actually Steven Hartley, not Ralph Ineson.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Steven_Hartley

What the HELL

Ok, he is Lorath in Diablo IV. I was right about that one.

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD fucked around with this message at 14:43 on Apr 8, 2024

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

Basebf555 posted:

Unbelievably sick as hell.

I’m into the night stalker being used but I can already tell it’s gonna ruffle some feathers.

Gyro Zeppeli
Jul 19, 2012

sure hope no-one throws me off a bridge

Hell yes, Maxine Minx you will always be a star.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

HELL FUCKIN YEAAAAAAAAA

Chris James 2 fucked around with this message at 15:24 on Apr 8, 2024

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007

Basebf555 posted:

Ti West, my man

M_Sinistrari
Sep 5, 2008

Do you like scary movies?

Basebf555 posted:

I haven't thought of Laura Brannigan's Self Control in ages. Excellent use of the song here.

Flying Zamboni
May 7, 2007

but, uh... well, there it is

Thank you Ti West for casting Giancarlo Esposito in a role that isn't just asking him to play Gus Fring again!

A Fancy Hat
Nov 18, 2016

Always remember that the former President was dumber than the dumbest person you've ever met by a wide margin

Basebf555 posted:

Looks loving great. Wild that none of this was ever planned to be a trilogy, but it turned into this.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Pearl being in the Psycho house window :sickos:

PriorMarcus
Oct 17, 2008

ASK ME ABOUT BEING ALLERGIC TO POSITIVITY

Basebf555 posted:

Is that Psycho 3 she's on the set of?

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

It’s the universal back lots. Where they do the studio tours.

Basebf555
Feb 29, 2008

The greatest sensual pleasure there is is to know the desires of another!

Fun Shoe
Yea it's basically a Maxxine in 80s Hollywood movie, with all that entails including the serial killers, and I don't see how that can possibly be anything but great.

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

I want a 90s Cannon Films-esque one where all three generations of Mia hang out and wreak havoc

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD
Sep 14, 2007

everything is yours
That's a really good choice for Elizabeth Debicki, the instant she was announced I just assumed she would be one of Maxxxine's friends in the life but she's cast in this as Kathryn Bigelow, lol.

dorium
Nov 5, 2009

If it gets in your eyes
Just look into mine
Just look into dreams
and you'll be alright
I'll be alright

Elizabeth Debicki and Mia Goth on screen at the same time. I might cry.

I finally got to her at her full height on an IMAX screen this year and that was already quite a lot.

Xiahou Dun
Jul 16, 2009

We shall dive down through black abysses... and in that lair of the Deep Ones we shall dwell amidst wonder and glory forever.

dorium posted:

Elizabeth Debicki and Mia Goth on screen at the same time. I might cry.

I finally got to her at her full height on an IMAX screen this year and that was already quite a lot.

Elizabeth Debicki is so tall that my first thought whenever I see her in a wide shot is I hope she's stable : if she fell down, it'd be like a tree coming down. Run, Tom Hiddleston, you'll be crushed if she trips!

Crescent Wrench
Sep 30, 2005

The truth is usually just an excuse for a lack of imagination.
Grimey Drawer

Basebf555 posted:

I usually avoid trailers, but I made an exception for this. So pumped.

DreadUnknown
Nov 4, 2020

Bird is the word.

Gyro Zeppeli posted:

Just watched Pontypool on a whim and dang, that's an interesting little movie. Just a cool concept done really well, and I always love a one-location movie.

Gonna need someone to explain the post-credits scene though, what the gently caress was that?

gently caress yeah Pontypool was rad.

Xiahou Dun
Jul 16, 2009

We shall dive down through black abysses... and in that lair of the Deep Ones we shall dwell amidst wonder and glory forever.

Gyro Zeppeli posted:

Pontypool is one of my go-to examples when I say "why can't we have more of this".

Just a cool new concept done well, gets in and out, leaves you with a good taste. Really shows you don't need a big budget ; you need good writing, acting and production. It's not money, it's work.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD
Sep 14, 2007

everything is yours
Have y'all heard the CBC Radio production of PONTYPOOL CHANGES EVERYTHING? I believe it's just a re-edit of the film, it's really good:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nsxECp5i2Wg