Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

`Nemesis
Dec 30, 2000

railroad graffiti

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

`Nemesis
Dec 30, 2000

railroad graffiti

Jezza of OZPOS
Mar 21, 2018

GET LOSE❌🗺️, YOUS CAN'T COMPARE😤 WITH ME 💪POWERS🇦🇺

venus de lmao posted:

sing, sang, sung

bing, bang, bung

:eng101:

UK, hun?

Jezza of OZPOS
Mar 21, 2018

GET LOSE❌🗺️, YOUS CAN'T COMPARE😤 WITH ME 💪POWERS🇦🇺

It's insulting that you would post this on the anniversary of thatchers death

Radio Paranoia
Jun 27, 2010

It is now safe to turn off your computer.

Jezza of OZPOS posted:

It's insulting that you would post this on the anniversary of thatchers death

Settle down, there's enough piss for both of them.

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?
I didn't even know she was sick

Linux Pirate
Apr 21, 2012

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b_1ajOkgN5c

ccubed
Jul 14, 2016

How's it hanging, brah?
Not really a meme, but all these The Thing links reminded me of this cool stop motion video with GI Joes.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_jwANKne1gg

Sentient Data
Aug 31, 2011

My molecule scrambler ray will disintegrate your armor with one blow!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ihK0M4A0Xbo

Hollandia
Jul 27, 2007

rattus rattus

Grimey Drawer

ccubed posted:

Not really a meme, but all these The Thing links reminded me of this cool stop motion video with GI Joes.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_jwANKne1gg
That was pretty cool; I expected a recreation of shots but it got the vibe while doing it's own version. Nailed the lighting, too.

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

There is also Thingu:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wrZ7PnolbQ4

mystes
May 31, 2006

How have multiple people made pingu thing videos lmao

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Damn it, this always happens. I think I'm gonna score, and then I never score. It's not fair.

Wedge Regret
pingu you piece of poo poo

Tenebrais
Sep 2, 2011

mystes posted:

There are like two things that take place in Antarctica

Montague Tigg
Mar 23, 2008

Previously, on "Ronnie Likes Data":

fartknocker posted:

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!

mystes posted:

One. Some other people just reposted it.

Bookish
Sep 7, 2006

80% sexy 20% disgusting

I appreciated this post

Biplane
Jul 18, 2005

fartknocker posted:

gently caress you!!

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

still gay rights and smoke weed every day

Cassian of Imola
Feb 9, 2011

Keeping her memory alive!

Knormal
Nov 11, 2001

Outta my way, I'm goin' priest russlin'!

TEMPLE GRANDIN OS
Dec 10, 2003

...blyat

Biplane posted:

noot noot!!

Nebrilos
Oct 9, 2012

Salvation through faith alone. No need to do any works, huh? I'm really baffled by Christians that believe fervently that the christ will save them, but also that they don't have to do any of the things he told them to do.

Master Twig
Oct 25, 2007

I want to branch out and I'm going to stick with it.
Every time I see people forgoing the vaccine because "god will save me", I'm reminded of the modern parable where a guy is on his roof during a flood and the waters keep rising, and so he prays to god to save him, then several boats and a helicopter come to rescue him and he turns them all down because god will save him, then he dies, and god is all like "dude, I sent you two boats and a helicopter!"

dialhforhero
Apr 3, 2008
Am I 🧑‍🏫 out of touch🤔? No🧐, it's the children👶 who are wrong🤷🏼‍♂️

Nebrilos posted:

Salvation through faith alone. No need to do any works, huh? I'm really baffled by Christians that believe fervently that the christ will save them, but also that they don't have to do any of the things he told them to do.

Let God.

Let go.

`Nemesis
Dec 30, 2000

railroad graffiti

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel

:lol:

Honestly I don't see a nun or a kitten. Just the throat goat.

Leon Sumbitches
Mar 27, 2010

Dr. Leon Adoso Sumbitches (prounounced soom-'beh-cheh) (born January 21, 1935) is heir to the legendary Adoso family oil fortune.

Pennywise the Frown posted:

:lol:

Honestly I don't see a nun or a kitten. Just the throat goat.

:thejoke:

Nebrilos
Oct 9, 2012

I see a guy vomiting.

Elissimpark
May 20, 2010

Bring me the head of Auguste Escoffier.

Nebrilos posted:

A lot of people forget the follow up to "by faith alone" and that is that works are the fruits of faith, and thus faith without works is no faith at all.

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel

Oh. So the quote tweet is actually :thejoke: then. Otherwise the meme should just be the original post.

Killer robot
Sep 6, 2010

I was having the most wonderful dream. I think you were in it!
Pillbug

Elissimpark posted:

A lot of people forget the follow up to "by faith alone" and that is that works are the fruits of faith, and thus faith without works is no faith at all.

Yeah. While Christianity is legitimately about the idea that no one is so free from sin that "just doing good things" is enough to merit eternal reward, and that it's never too late to change such that a sincere repentance on your deathbed or something can save your soul. But outside of a case like that it's impossible to truly have faith in and follow Christ without it affecting your behavior. You still won't be perfect; the best humans experience greed and hatred and selfishness at least sometimes. But you'll change into someone legitimately trying to love your neighbor as yourself.

The simplest take is like, treat A Christmas Carol as a directly Christian parable where Scrooge realizes his sins of greed and shutting others away and begs God's forgiveness. There is no logical reading of the story where he does that, genuinely means it, and then continues the life of an exploitative miserly misanthrope.

Further thematic memes:

Jamesman
Nov 19, 2004

"First off, let me start by saying curly light blond hair does not suit Hyomin at all. Furthermore,"
Fun Shoe

And it kicked rear end.

Karate Bastard
Jul 31, 2007

Soiled Meat

Elissimpark posted:

I love it when Christians say one thing but actually these specific words really mean something else entirely, like for example their literal opposite meaning, and in fact "only" is obviously implied to mean "by no means absolutely not only", obviously, how could you forget

Phlegmish
Jul 2, 2011

Nebrilos posted:

Most Protestant denominations believe this, it was kind of a big deal during the Reformation.

A true epic troll can piss off Protestants and Catholics alike, by denying the Trinity, like my man Michael Servetus :troll:

Second Hand Meat Mouth
Sep 12, 2001

Nebrilos posted:

if you truly have the faith, the acts will naturally follow

Karate Bastard
Jul 31, 2007

Soiled Meat

I love how the ending to thingu is the igloo broke oh well I'm a penguin motherfucker and this here is my buddy the leopard seal let's get hosed up on rye and go swimming for fish like it's Tuesday

Karate Bastard
Jul 31, 2007

Soiled Meat
Besides, pingu is tough as nails. His buddy is a literal evolutionary tailored to eat his rear end leopard seal ain't no flailing tentacle monster gonna touch that

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

It's often said that Michael Caine was great because he treated the Muppets like fellow actors, and Tim Curry was great because he treated himself like a fellow Muppet

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Goa Tse-tung
Feb 11, 2008

;3

Yams Fan

Dabir posted:

It's often said that Michael Caine was great because he treated the Muppets like fellow actors, and Tim Curry was great because he treated himself like a fellow Muppet

whoa