Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

BonoMan
Feb 20, 2002

Jade Ear Joe

man nurse posted:

I think Joker 2 sounds like it has the potential to be quite good on paper, so I’m low key excited to see a trailer.

I finally watched the first one a few months ago and loved it. So I'm definitely excited for it!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shageletic
Jul 25, 2007

BonoMan posted:

Ok so now we're teasing the release of the trailer LATER THAT DAY. Jesus loving christ. Just release the drat trailer.

these bastards

man nurse
Feb 18, 2014

BonoMan posted:

I finally watched the first one a few months ago and loved it. So I'm definitely excited for it!

I felt it was a movie that didn’t need a sequel but the premise of a Joker/Harley Quinn musical with Lady Gaga in the role is a hell of a premise.

BonoMan
Feb 20, 2002

Jade Ear Joe

man nurse posted:

I felt it was a movie that didn’t need a sequel but the premise of a Joker/Harley Quinn musical with Lady Gaga in the role is a hell of a premise.

Yeah this is my feeling too. Really swinging for the fences

BonoMan
Feb 20, 2002

Jade Ear Joe

Shageletic posted:

these bastards

you know who would hate a same day teaser for a trailer? The Joker.

makes you think

Uncle Boogeyman
Jul 22, 2007

man nurse posted:

I think Joker 2 sounds like it has the potential to be quite good on paper, so I’m low key excited to see a trailer.

it's gonna be quite good on paper alright... toilet paper

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

It's gonna rule just like the first.

Colonel Whitey
May 22, 2004

This shit's about to go off.

Uncle Boogeyman posted:

caligulamprey
Jan 23, 2007

It never stops.

Didn't dig on Joker, but this has the potential to be a big enough misguided disaster that I'ma love it, please hit me with the trailer now, thank you.

EDIT: It's also the one movie lately that's been saying up front that it's a musical and I appreciate that.

caligulamprey fucked around with this message at 18:08 on Apr 9, 2024

man nurse
Feb 18, 2014

I know it’s not cool to like the low rent taxi driver comic book adjacent movie and I mostly fall on the side of “it was decent”, but Phoenix’s performance alone kinda justified it for me, it was mesmerizing to watch him put his whole rear end into that. I think the setup for the sequel sounds creative and potentially good!

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
The Joker is just Pearl for boys 🙄

ruddiger
Jun 3, 2004

They should’ve had him fall down the stairs like the kid in the tick tock video

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

Uncle Boogeyman posted:

Open Source Idiom
Jan 4, 2013

Snooze Cruise posted:

The Joker is just Pearl for boys 🙄

Pearl is Pearl for boys :colbert:

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

BonoMan posted:

Ok so now we're teasing the release of the trailer LATER THAT DAY. Jesus loving christ. Just release the drat trailer.

This is because of CinemaCon

Mr Ice Cream Glove
Apr 22, 2007

Joaquin’s laugh> Heath Ledgers

Uncle Boogeyman
Jul 22, 2007

Joaquin's gotta learn some new tricks at some point, kinda feel like every big performance he's done since The Master has just been a less interesting version of his performance in The Master

edit: actually Beau is Afraid was pretty fun

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post

Open Source Idiom posted:

Pearl is Pearl for boys :colbert:

No they should go away they will give it cooties :'(

Uncle Boogeyman
Jul 22, 2007

Snooze Cruise posted:

No they should go away they will give it cooties :'(

how about : Pearl is Joker for people who like movies

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007
Pearl was so dope. Think about that flick a lot.

Uncle Boogeyman
Jul 22, 2007

MacheteZombie posted:

Pearl was so dope. Think about that flick a lot.

The MaXXXine trailer was good but that movie's gonna have a lot to live up to, especially after Pearl was such an improvement on X.

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
Pearl was just hands down my favorite movie of that year and ended up meaning a lot to me. I really doubt MaXXXine is going to be anyway close to the same level for me but hey as long as its a good time I'll be happy.

toggle
Nov 7, 2005

Uncle Boogeyman posted:

Joaquin's gotta learn some new tricks at some point, kinda feel like every big performance he's done since The Master has just been a less interesting version of his performance in The Master

edit: actually Beau is Afraid was pretty fun

What about Doc Sporletto???

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

me when

LifeLynx
Feb 27, 2001

Dang so this is like looking over his shoulder in real-time
Grimey Drawer
11 AM EST is the earliest I expect things to be released, so I do appreciate the "teaser for a trailer" coming out then and letting me know exactly what time the trailer will be available.

Skeezy
Jul 3, 2007

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xy8aJw1vYHo

There you go

BonoMan
Feb 20, 2002

Jade Ear Joe

Ha Ha Land

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!
lady gaga is a really good actor. i'm surprised that she doesn't do more of it tbh

Conrad_Birdie
Jul 10, 2009

I WAS THERE
WHEN CODY RHODES
FINISHED THE STORY
Great trailer, and I’ve never had any interest in the first one

thrawn527
Mar 27, 2004

Thrawn/Pellaeon
Studying the art of terrorists
To keep you safe

So Harley is just an inmate now? Seems like a pretty big change to her character.

I know this is a what if series, so they can do whatever, but if she’s an inmate and not a psychologist, she’s not really Harley anymore, she’s just random woman who likes Joker. But whatever.

thrawn527 fucked around with this message at 03:14 on Apr 10, 2024

Thaddius the Large
Jul 5, 2006

It's in the five-hole!

Conrad_Birdie posted:

Great trailer, and I’ve never had any interest in the first one

Same, I’m into it

BiggestBatman
Aug 23, 2018
I mean, the first film made the big change of making the Joker not even a career criminal, so...

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
i will only go watch it if there is an extended 15 minute musical number at the very end where the joker keeps singing about how he is dying, like in all that jazz.

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

"I am going to do it Batman, I'm gonna sing a show stopping jazz number. There's no laws against Jazz, Batman!"

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

Brock! Oh, man, I'm sorry about your...

...tooth?

The MSJ posted:

"I am going to do it Batman, I'm gonna sing a show stopping jazz number. There's no laws against Jazz, Batman!"

It's the closest I'll ever get to seeing this on the big screen.

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

thrawn527 posted:

I know this is a what if series, so they can do whatever, but if she’s an inmate and not a psychologist, she’s not really Harley anymore, she’s just random woman who likes Joker. But whatever.

Eh these things change. He didn't fall into a vat of acid in the first one either.

And maybe she was a psychologist before she was an inmate. :shrug:

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

Who gives a poo poo about lore.

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

hell yeah

Uncle Boogeyman
Jul 22, 2007

toggle posted:

What about Doc Sporletto???

even that felt kinda like a variation on the same mumbly performance. i liked the guy who read the audiobook better, he basically played the role as Tommy Chong.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

Vintersorg posted:

Who gives a poo poo about lore.

TNG fans?