Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Thanks Ants
May 21, 2004

#essereFerrari

Why is "Handling" given a good score?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MustardFacial
Jun 20, 2011
George Russel's
Official Something Awful Account
Lifelong Tory Voter
Chu chu Rocket, Crazy Taxi, and Power Stone are DC bangers and I won’t hear any different :colbert:

Thanks Ants posted:

Why is "Handling" given a good score?

It has good handling until the steering shaft snaps off

Sunk Dunk
Apr 14, 2021
Skies of Arcadia

Thanks Ants
May 21, 2004

#essereFerrari

Jet Set Radio

harperdc
Jul 24, 2007

MustardFacial posted:

Chu chu Rocket, Crazy Taxi, and Power Stone are DC bangers and I won’t hear any different :colbert:

bangers

Sunk Dunk posted:

Skies of Arcadia

bang (random battle) er (random battle)

Thanks Ants posted:

Jet Set Radio

BANGER

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

Josuke Higashikata posted:

I think that anyone who isn't a weirdo nerd has thought about the Dreamcast at all in the past decade. The way sega fans talk about it makes it sound like it was a world shifting event on the scale of 9/11when in reality it was a poo poo console with wank games

Panic! At The Tesco
Aug 19, 2005

FART

Dynamite Cop

Residency Evil
Jul 28, 2003

4/5 godo... Schumi

Thanks Ants posted:

Jet Set Radio

Such a loving hard game.

Personal Lucubrant
Oct 18, 2016

Just thinking about what to do with all the money I don't have.
Blast Corps was a legit fun game for N64, but even 10 year old me thought the story premise was pants-on-head stupid.

A truck carrying a nuclear missile detected a defect with the missile, so it's now on auto-pilot in a straight line to the safe disposal site regardless of anything in its path. The slightest disruption will set off the nuke, so you have to demolish this entire city to make sure the nuke doesn't blow it up. Mmmm kay.

the milk machine
Jul 23, 2002

lick my keys
don't even get me started on the story for Super Mario Bros 2 (i like to pronounce it mare-ee-oh btw)

Full Collapse
Dec 4, 2002

Blast Corps was cool, but didn’t have much replay value.

Nybble
Jun 28, 2008

praise chuck, raise heck
Blast Corps would have been a perfect 90s TV Movie. “Speed, But With A Nuke”

Full Collapse
Dec 4, 2002

Star Fox 64 was amazing.

Personal Lucubrant
Oct 18, 2016

Just thinking about what to do with all the money I don't have.

Full Collapse posted:

Star Fox 64 was amazing.

This game is the reason I have to invert the Y-axis for everything that uses a controller.

Not a complaint.

Anime Store Adventure
May 6, 2009

Full Collapse posted:

Star Fox 64 was amazing.

It’s just not the same on switch because my childhood muscle memory is all tied to the insane N64 controller layout.

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

Personal Lucubrant posted:

This game is the reason I have to invert the Y-axis for everything that uses a controller.

Not a complaint.

inverted y axis is the objectively correct way to play any game

Frond
Mar 12, 2018

Josuke Higashikata posted:

I think that anyone who isn't a weirdo nerd has thought about the Dreamcast at all in the past decade. The way sega fans talk about it makes it sound like it was a world shifting event on the scale of 9/11when in reality it was a poo poo console with wank games

It was a really good console with excellent games.

Aphex-
Jan 29, 2006

Dinosaur Gum

DEEP STATE PLOT posted:

inverted y axis is the objectively correct way to play any game

My man

Did anyone play that N64 game Operation Winback? That one ruled.

Frond
Mar 12, 2018
I’ve heard good things.

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

The PS2 has a better version of Winback

Frond
Mar 12, 2018
I think Verstappen sycophants have overtaken Hamboys as my most hated type of F1 fan at the moment.

Frond
Mar 12, 2018
https://www.planetf1.com/news/thierry-boutsen-how-modern-f1-differs

Boutsen is 100% correct.

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

This is the dumbest thing I've ever read in my life

quote:

The driver, in my days, was responsible for something like 70 to 80 percent of the victory.

and then

quote:

You see that the difference in lap times is very, very small.

turn your brain on, Thierry

Frond
Mar 12, 2018
Lmao. Sorry he didn’t pay fealty to Alonso, Hamilton and Verstappen. Need I remind you that Alonso had auto up shifts when he started as well.

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

Frond, are you completely and totally incapable of reading and understanding posts as they are written? Do you have some sort of disorder that requires you to twist our words into entirely different meanings before replying to them? What's happening here?

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

The drivers are way too babied but the last time I suggested actually banning radio I think this thread loving rioted over the suggestion so I'm fairly apathetic.

Verstappen is one of the top talent of the class but you could interchange any of the top ten talent in the class and the cars are going to finish in the exact same championship position at year end.

Full Collapse
Dec 4, 2002

Banning radio would be cool/good.

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

I understand the appeal of banning radio in principle, but please don't lose sight of the fact that radio conversations are one of the few breaks we get from Croft and Brundle.

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

wicka posted:

I understand the appeal of banning radio in principle, but please don't lose sight of the fact that radio conversations are one of the few breaks we get from Croft and Brundle.

We should ban them as well.

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

Wow. Pretty embarrassing I didn't think of that. Make sure to ban Buxton as well, just in case.

Full Collapse
Dec 4, 2002

A just reason for cloning is to keep Bob Varsha around forever.

Thanks Ants
May 21, 2004

#essereFerrari

Ban the radios and replace them with in-car minidisc players, points awarded for the quality of your mixtapes

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

What did you say the strategy was?

Full Collapse posted:

A just reason for cloning is to keep Bob Varsha around forever.

Nybble
Jun 28, 2008

praise chuck, raise heck

Thanks Ants posted:

Ban the radios and replace them with in-car minidisc players, points awarded for the quality of your mixtapes

minidisc is so good, got one + some discs at a thrift store and put my Bandcamp purchases on it. rules

and easy to do in 2024: https://web.minidisc.wiki/

ShaneMacGowansTeeth
May 22, 2007

I think this is it... I think this is how it ends

Tony quidprano posted:

We should ban them as well.

Shartin Fumble seems to be being slowly phased out as it is, hopefully Croft will be next

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

Lap-by-lap commentator: Bernie Collins
Color commentator: Karun Chandhok
Pit lane correspondent: Bernie Collins
SkyPad: Bernie Collins

Thanks Ants
May 21, 2004

#essereFerrari

Where's Jenson go?

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

For $2 a month you can join my patreon and get live commentary from me a guy who understands how cars work and can differentiate between an engine and brake failure as well as bring my wealth of experience from 7 years of club level kart racing

toadee
Aug 16, 2003

North American Turtle Boy Love Association

The man competed in a season alongside Zakspeed and then claimed back then anyone could win a race in any car.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Frond
Mar 12, 2018

Tony quidprano posted:

The drivers are way too babied but the last time I suggested actually banning radio I think this thread loving rioted over the suggestion so I'm fairly apathetic.

Verstappen is one of the top talent of the class but you could interchange any of the top ten talent in the class and the cars are going to finish in the exact same championship position at year end.

I think Boutsen might have reversed the 70-80% car Vs. Driver. The car was still important, but the driver made much more of a difference until the 3.0L V10 era.

Frond fucked around with this message at 21:18 on Apr 10, 2024