Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

High Tension Wire
Jan 8, 2020

Mr Hootington posted:

Edit: how intertwined is NXT with the rest of wwe?

Not very. It used to be a great-ish stand alone show, but nothing you did there, translated to the main roster, killing it's credibility over the years.

They told great stories with the characters, but once you were drafted to the main shows, the bigger audience had no idea what had made their characters special in NXT (Emma & Bayley for example). Asukad win-streak in NXT was one of the few things they treated as something.

So most people that came from NXT were not as over as they should've been, and some were outright sabotaged in their booking in main roster, since Vince(?) didn't want to give credit to the accomplishments in NXT (booked by Trips).

Novadays it is possible to be sent to NXT from the main roster, but that is a career killer, since you are pretty much a joke then. Sometimes NXT-people have appearances in the main roster, but NXT-champions are mostly treated at being about IC/US champion -level (so not mattering).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

High Tension Wire posted:

Novadays it is possible to be sent to NXT from the main roster, but that is a career killer, since you are pretty much a joke then.

i hope karrion kross is doing well with his new stable on smackdown

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014
vince didnt watch NXT or give a poo poo about it so when someone came up to the main roster he'd give them a stupid gimmick and bury them

Answers Me
Apr 24, 2012
The YouTube highlights of the main event cuts Rollins out entirely lol

Also, the match itself only makes up like a third of the video.

High Tension Wire
Jan 8, 2020

JUNGLE BOY posted:

i hope karrion kross is doing well with his new stable on smackdown

Now there's a must-see prospect!

Hedgehog Pie
May 19, 2012

Total fuckin' silence.
Never underestimate the pettiness and vindictiveness of Vince McMahon! This is a man who seemingly struggles to divide his attention between two television shows despite being a massive control freak (leading to periods of Smackdown either not mattering or being quite good because Vince is occupied with something else), but who will nonetheless spare no expense when burying something he doesn't like/didn't create (WCW, ECW, NXT).

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

TKO issued an SEC Statement today listing that the company has bestowed 96,558 shares of stock in the company to Dwayne Johnson. At today's stock market closing price of $97.50, that's a payday worth $9,414,405.

I wonder what kind board member approved that.

Soul Glo
Aug 27, 2003

Just let it shine through

Cavauro posted:

look at this copmputer (reference to wwe)

i write all my posts on this

edogawa rando
Mar 20, 2007

High Tension Wire posted:

Asukad win-streak in NXT was one of the few things they treated as something.

And how quickly was that squandered? Honestly, I'm surprised they didn't break it on her first night on the main roster for a WWE RAW ROAD OF WRESTLEMANIA MOMENTTM. loving worthless.

Seams
Feb 3, 2005

ROCK HARD
https://x.com/peps_wrestling/status/1778089525958316340?s=46&t=AwMtDeZF_tX5DmOd53fE0g

🤯🤯🤯

High Tension Wire
Jan 8, 2020

edogawa rando posted:

And how quickly was that squandered? Honestly, I'm surprised they didn't break it on her first night on the main roster for a WWE RAW ROAD OF WRESTLEMANIA MOMENTTM. loving worthless.

I mean wasn't she in main roster (maintaining the streak) like six months or something before losing to Charlotte? That's six months more than one would think.

E. Not saying it was handled good, but that it's one rare case where what had happened in NXT mattered somewhat on the main roster.

High Tension Wire fucked around with this message at 20:18 on Apr 10, 2024

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

👀👀👀

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

he won’t get his flowers until after he’s gone, but no doubt in my mind that hhh will be remembered as the stanley kubrick of wrestling

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

yeah. Bad!!

Astro7x
Aug 4, 2004
Thinks It's All Real
Stuff like that is what makes wrestling great, but it only matters if you watched the show at the time when it was dogshit

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

Alright let’s not get hasty now

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

I love the crew member awkwardly pulling the table out of the way in that first clip

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

Ganso Bomb posted:

I love the crew member awkwardly pulling the table out of the way in that first clip

His little pause when he gets into the ring, realizes "poo poo! I'm in the shot!" but pushes on through because bah gawd that table's gotta be moved

Alan_Shore
Dec 2, 2004

Take a lot!?

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

Finally we're in lockstep, I'm so happy

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!

Astro7x posted:

Stuff like that is what makes wrestling great, but it only matters if you watched the show at the time when it was dogshit

Yeah people have to actually remember what they’re referring to.

Seams
Feb 3, 2005

ROCK HARD
https://x.com/julianwks/status/1777877872172294254?s=46&t=AwMtDeZF_tX5DmOd53fE0g

👀👀👀

CatelynIsAZombie
Nov 16, 2006

I can't wait to bomb DO-DON-GOES!
rock wanted to hold cody’s belt so he could put it on his shoulder and show off to the crowd, as if it was his. most internet viewers would be confused by such things, but not me I’m smart.

16-bit Butt-Head posted:

vince didnt watch NXT or give a poo poo about it so when someone came up to the main roster he'd give them a stupid gimmick and bury them

sounds abusive til you realize this was Vince’s fallback position whenever presented with a new unknown talent.

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I'M HAVING A HOOT EATING CORNETTE THE LONG WAY

Think I'm going to watch nxt too

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

Oh my god.

https://twitter.com/JulianWks/status/1777927400233546120

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

Is this not the same thing they did with Baron Corbin? This is a demotion correct or am I not getting the dynamics at play here?

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

Shard posted:

Is this not the same thing they did with Baron Corbin? This is a demotion correct or am I not getting the dynamics at play here?

they keep giving karrion kross new gimmicks as a test and he succeeds at getting the gimmick too over with ease each time. he has conquered the main roster.

so now they’re gonna see if he can do it in NXT so the developmental talent can sit under his learning tree.

Whoolighams
Jul 24, 2007
Thanks Dom Monaghan

Shard posted:

look at this idiot thinking about what he sees instead of 👀 👀 👀 🔥 seated cinema

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

Don't teams and wrestlers usually get "demoted" when the draft happens?

a dumb moron
Mar 19, 2024

augh

JUNGLE BOY posted:

he won’t get his flowers until after he’s gone, but no doubt in my mind that hhh will be remembered as the stanley kubrick of wrestling

Both were abusive to their talent so that makes sense

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

Is Sheamus retiring this year?

Edit: oh he is just returning from a shoulder injury. Seems he will be coming back as backlash.

Grendels Dad
Mar 5, 2011

Popular culture has passed you by.

lmao

I swear a poster called this a few pages ago, well done. Such a shame about AoP, they will never again be as cool as they were in their first run on NXT.

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

Ok. What is this cm punk thing that has caused people to meltdown?

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

cm punk is going to loving jail and the incredible amount of seething rationalizations are a great read if you know where to look. he had no clue there was video of him assaulting somebody and threatening to kill a billionaire. bye dumbass.

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

Cmpunk is now the Homelander

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

Mr Hootington posted:

Cmpunk is now the Homelander

He's really more like The Deep tbh

Grendels Dad
Mar 5, 2011

Popular culture has passed you by.