Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
MOTN
This poll is closed.
COPE VS PENTA 44 59.46%
LIONHOOK SHIBATA VS STP 4 5.41%
OKADA VS A GUY 6 8.11%
MAY VS JAY 6 8.11%
JOE VS RHODES 14 18.92%
Total: 74 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Stall_19 posted:

Who did they give it back to with that video?

Probably the guy who kept lying about what was in the video and using it as a way to try to control the narrative with reporters.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

Activate posted:

Showing the video was a really bad and aimless idea, and doing it after an incredibly popular Wrestlemania made AEW look super low rent.

gently caress wwe and gently caress wrestlemania. Its run by sex traffickers

Stall_19
Jan 2, 2013

Prodigy of Victor von Doom

MassRafTer posted:

Probably the guy who kept lying about what was in the video and using it as a way to try to control the narrative with reporters.

You think Punk was hurt at all with this video? Find me one person who mind was changed in any way with this video. Like Punk got chants in the arena during and after the footage.

Coaaab
Aug 6, 2006

Wish I was there...

Shard posted:

Coaaab
Aug 6, 2006

Wish I was there...

Stall_19 posted:

Find me one person who mind was changed in any way with this video.
mouthbreathers not worth arguing with. simple as

Long-Time Lurker
May 20, 2021

readin'-but-not-postin'-jones

Stall_19 posted:

You think Punk was hurt at all with this video? Find me one person who mind was changed in any way with this video. Like Punk got chants in the arena during and after the footage.

Punk constantly got butthurt over imaginary slights or conspiracy theories he read off the internet while he was with AEW.

shiksa
Nov 9, 2009

i went to one of these wrestling shows and it was... honestly? frickin boring. i wanna see ricky! i want to see his gold chains and respect for the ftw lifestyle

Hefty Leftist posted:

who gives a gently caress. when AEW does anything at all it gets called low rent and a mudshow even when its great. why should AEW constantly take hits and never give anything back? better yet they shot back and furthered a storyline for the PPV with it

agreed with all of this

i really liked the show and they did the footage segment as well as they could. wwe punching from above the second they have a shred of fan goodwill is scummy and low-rent but its barely acknowledged by the pearl-clutchers, who gives a poo poo. go watch the slop if you like it so much. but yeah, great episode of Wrestling top to bottom for me, thats what i like out of it, mission acccomplished

Activate
Oct 29, 2011

MassRafTer posted:

You should watch the show, the aim was to build towards the Bucks and Jack Perry uniting and build the Bucks vs FTR match. Kind of embarrassing you wouldn't know that

And it had absolutely had to be done this way?

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

Activate posted:

I guess they could have just sued punk for the podcast like the wwe doctor did

Long-Time Lurker
May 20, 2021

Activate posted:

Did you watch the show? The FTR promo wouldn't have worked as well without the footage.

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ChvJDdCvwe8

Long-Time Lurker
May 20, 2021

Shard posted:

I guess they could have just sued punk for the podcast like the wwe doctor did

Suing Punk and showing a zoomed in video of his rear end, now that's how a respectful wrestling promotion should act.

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008

Miching Mallecho
May 24, 2010

:yeshaha:
:3:

https://x.com/drainbamager/status/1778283513651040349?s=46

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

Brock! Oh, man, I'm sorry about your...

...tooth?

The thing that sticks out to me about the footage is Punk's post-fight outburst. The story was that poo poo went down and he screamed, "I loving QUIT" at Tony and even had to be talked into doing his match. That always suggested that Jack Perry did more than just say the real glass stuff. There had to be some level of escalation on Jack's side that would get Punk so worked up in that moment. Starting the confrontation, getting in Punk's face, giving a push, throwing a punch, something.

Instead, Jack just stood there, basically shrugging. Punk escalated poo poo on his own and overreacted to the point that he was basically saying, "I can't believe this guy made me mad enough to suckerpunch him! I can't work here anymore!"

shiksa
Nov 9, 2009

i went to one of these wrestling shows and it was... honestly? frickin boring. i wanna see ricky! i want to see his gold chains and respect for the ftw lifestyle

Gavok posted:

The thing that sticks out to me about the footage is Punk's post-fight outburst. The story was that poo poo went down and he screamed, "I loving QUIT" at Tony and even had to be talked into doing his match. That always suggested that Jack Perry did more than just say the real glass stuff. There had to be some level of escalation on Jack's side that would get Punk so worked up in that moment. Starting the confrontation, getting in Punk's face, giving a push, throwing a punch, something.

Instead, Jack just stood there, basically shrugging. Punk escalated poo poo on his own and overreacted to the point that he was basically saying, "I can't believe this guy made me mad enough to suckerpunch him! I can't work here anymore!"

the whole situation makes punk look like the most immature little pissbaby unless you have absolute scrambled eggs for brains

Majinfoose
Jul 26, 2007

HOLY SHIT
This vegan brisket is bussin

A lot of people popping in to say be fair to the evil rape company that constantly punches down on its competition. I love being one of Tiny Tony's Little Stinkers. In conclusion

Shard posted:

Hefty Leftist
Jun 26, 2011

"You know how vodka or whiskey are distilled multiple times to taste good? It's the same with shit. After being digested for the third time shit starts to taste reeeeeeaaaally yummy."

i regret to inform everyone because some people chanted CM Punk at Dynamite during the footage, tony khan has announced the closure of AEW pending sale to Nick Khan effective immediately

Miching Mallecho
May 24, 2010

:yeshaha:

Gavok posted:

Also the whole thing recently, which I think started with Meltzer(not sure), about Jack apologizing to Tony, I believe Jack now when he says he didn't text Tony apologizing profusely, why would he when he was the calm one in this whole situation

Lead Pipe Cinch
Mar 10, 2003

Heavy Metal Bakesale

Punk reminds me of a guy I knew from a comedy scene in a city I used to live in who would get all huffy and mad when someone would pan his stuff (or even stuff like his stuff) and get in people’s faces and demand they “say it to my face.”

Also funny that after all the hype of the Punk footage, Will taking a shot back at Paul got the bigger reaction.

rotinaj
Sep 5, 2008

Fun Shoe

Hefty Leftist posted:

ultimately it comes down to a belief from years of miseducation that WWE is the supreme wrestling company cause Vince bought and drove all competition out of business. hence AEW shouldn't be allowed to exist at all entirely because its competition, and especially competition shouldn't be allowed to fire a shot back at WWE.

Oh poo poo so this is the effect of the ruthless aggression and pg era

Lmao Vince nearly killed pro wrestling entirely

Ed:

Lead Pipe Cinch posted:

Also funny that after all the hype of the Punk footage, Will taking a shot back at Paul got the bigger reaction.

Lmao triple Paul will never escape the “you slept your way to the top” allegation, no matter what he says

Majinfoose
Jul 26, 2007

HOLY SHIT
This vegan brisket is bussin

Toni aggressively thrusting over a beating Thunder Rosa is the energy I'm taking into the weekend

Long-Time Lurker
May 20, 2021

Speaking of Ospreay, any of these #RespectWWE handwringers particularly concerned when Phil and Paul took shots at him for no reason?

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

I probably would of just aired the footage on the web/X and done a different build for TV but people saying airing the video is WCW 2000 need to watch WCW 2000. It was used to build to a match and does make sense in the story. And if it falls flat it'll just be typical wrestling angle falling flat, it's nowhere near what bad AEW angles like the Nightmare collective

ZHamburglar
Aug 24, 2006
I have a penis.

Majinfoose posted:

A lot of people popping in to say be fair to the evil rape company that constantly punches down on its competition. I love being one of Tiny Tony's Little Stinkers. In conclusion

Proud to be one of Tiny Tony's Little Stinkers.

Lead Pipe Cinch
Mar 10, 2003

Heavy Metal Bakesale

I was initially hoping Mariah’s Stardom friend saving her from Anna would setup a return tag match with Tay, but she had her baby ay more recently than I thought..

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

It's like goldy or bronzy, but made of iron.

Dax is doing this for every man and woman who goes every day to wee.

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

ZHamburglar posted:

Proud to be one of Tiny Tony's Little Stinkers.

Eat My Fuc
May 29, 2007

It’s a shame all this centers, in AEW at least around a weird little guy who can’t promo and looks like a goof, used to be friends with a Dinosaur. I wish Punk had attacked someone cooler!

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

Eat My Fuc posted:

It’s a shame all this centers, in AEW at least around a weird little guy who can’t promo and looks like a goof, used to be friends with a Dinosaur. I wish Punk had attacked someone cooler!

Dax was friends with a dinosaur?

Duke Pukem
Oct 23, 2010

Three cheers for dark beer!

Stall_19 posted:

Yes because Punk is incredibly thin skinned.

Long-Time Lurker
May 20, 2021

Lamuella posted:

Yes, CM Punk.

Happiness
Oct 10, 2004

Eat My Fuc posted:

okada can cut his promos for him now

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

Eat My Fuc posted:

Jungle Boy is cooler and a better wrestler than Cody Rhodes.

Eat My Fuc
May 29, 2007

Lamuella posted:

Still is, Cretaceous Man Punk

Eat My Fuc
May 29, 2007

Shard posted:

Jungle Boy is cooler and a better wrestler than Cody Rhodes.

Not in even the most wildest, gasoline fume huffing fantasy visions

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

lol

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

About the footage:

1) if you were going to use it on TV, this is one of the least bad ways to do it.

2) the better option would have been not to use it.

Jonny Nox
Apr 26, 2008

Eat My Fuc posted:

Not in even the most wildest, gasoline fume huffing fantasy visions

Cody is a bad wrestler with 3 moves. All of which look terrible when he does them.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

Man there are some terrible takes in this thread.