Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

deoju
Jul 11, 2004

All the pieces matter.
Nap Ghost
This looks like it could be interesting.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-dlztN3gpDY

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Call Your Grandma
Jan 17, 2010

Spring Break My Heart posted:

It would produce some really dumb results. So like in 2003 that setup would not only rate Naslund over Forsberg, it would rate Hejduk over Forsberg which is just something that breaks every logic test. Or in 2006 you'd end up really underrating Thornton and overrating Cheechoo, and this year you doing the same between McDavid and Hyman. Basically goals being worth more than assists doesn't work when the playmaker is good enough.

Hockey-reference has it's Goals Created stat which follows a similar principle and you can kind of see why it doesn't work. Like 2012-13 it has Kunitz above Crosby.

honestly hejduk belongs in the hall of fame if only so I might have a few more opportunities to say "hedge duck" out loud

e: also sometimes "the hedge duck"

Good soup!
Nov 2, 2010

Jhet posted:

We appreciate your sacrifice to bring the rest of us the funny parts.

Carefully dropping into terrible sports forums like ed harris in The Abyss

Darude - Adam Sandstorm
Aug 16, 2012

Oilers should win the division if they beat Vancouver on Saturday. And it sounds like Demko won't be ready by then either

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

another game at nationwide arena. everybody keeps asking me if they can fuck the cannon. buddy, they don't even let me fuck it

https://twitter.com/GMillerTSN/status/1778393643025326145

How does one add City With No NHL Team to their NTC?

tarbrush
Feb 7, 2011

ALL ABOARD THE SCOTLAND HYPE TRAIN!

CHOO CHOO
I think they're worried that they wouldn't mind playing/living in Arizona so left it off their list, but wouldn't want to play/live in SLC and won't have the chance to update their lists before the move

rex rabidorum vires
Mar 26, 2007

KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN
Very carefully? Might be an expansion team or relocation clause to the trade clause. Kind of smart if they do.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Edit: Nope I see how it works now.

rex rabidorum vires
Mar 26, 2007

KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN
In other extremely interesting news TONIGHT the eastern conference battle of fraudulence continues. Pens/Wings in a must win. Caps/Sabres with everyone wondering which Sabres team shows up. The bad one or the slightly less bad one. Philadelphia takes on a red hot Rangers team...who are 8-2 in their last 10. Don't check who those losses are. Will Philadelphia get off the bus? Will their goaltending stop a beach ball? Or can the Flyers pull the ultimate chaos move and make the Rangers recent losses an all Metro trifecta? The Devils are in action and no one cares. Somehow the most fraudulent of the bunch. Finally, can Montreal continue to provide entertainment against the elite loser point team in the league? Who knows! No matter what something funny will happen.

Bard Maddox
Feb 15, 2012

I'm just a sick guy, I'm really just a dirty guy.
the Flyers are definitely winning tonight because that makes the least sense possible

Cocaine Bear
Nov 4, 2011

ACAB

Every team will somehow find a way to lose.

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

Cocaine Bear posted:

Every team will somehow find a way to lose.

4 line brawls in each game, neither left with enough players to continue.

The Dirty Burger
Aug 24, 2007

1st team all star
+
2nd degree manslaughter
=
3rd world clothing line
Hockey in Arizona eventually got us Auston Matthews, looking forward to Mormon Gretzky in two decades

Darude - Adam Sandstorm
Aug 16, 2012

The Dirty Burger posted:

Hockey in Arizona eventually got us Auston Matthews, looking forward to Mormon Gretzky in two decades

Wow someone doesn't respect Derek Ryan

shyduck
Oct 3, 2003

Ed Snider died several years ago today so to honor his memory the Flyers will die tonight

Mr. Fish
Sep 13, 2017

INLAND EMPIRE — This is a team with a lot of past, but little present. And almost no future.
Matt Martin is gonna headhunt Gallagher tonight and I've got lower bowl seats :c00l:

WoodrowSkillson
Feb 24, 2005

*Gestures at 60 years of Lions history*

i hope the red wings win

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

WoodrowSkillson posted:

i hope the red wings win

I think Caps fans need to cheer for this and definitely in regulation.

Jack's Flow
Jun 6, 2003

Life, friends, is boring
I’m really blown away by MacKinnon‘s bursts of speed. He makes defenders look like they’re stuck in quicksand over and over again.

Jhet
Jun 3, 2013

Jack's Flow posted:

I’m really blown away by MacKinnon‘s bursts of speed. He makes defenders look like they’re stuck in quicksand over and over again.

He times when he drops low to accelerate out of the d-zone really well. So by the time he hits the blue line he's already going 75-80% and the defenders are only just starting to move at 40-50%. It makes everyone look slow, and his top speed being stupid fast makes it even more obvious when he's going 22mph by the o-zone blue line. So you either retreat early and just let them break out uncontested, or you give up a high danger chance. And with MacKinnon's shooting this year those are going in. I can't even be mad he had a 4-point night against Minnesota, he was just incredible the whole game. I lied. I can be annoyed. Save it for when you're playing Winnipeg or Dallas.

Mr. Kite
Aug 28, 2004

SHUT UP AND PLAY HOCKEY

The Dirty Burger posted:

His name is Trevor Lewis.

Mr. Kite fucked around with this message at 19:09 on Apr 11, 2024

Mr. Fish
Sep 13, 2017

INLAND EMPIRE — This is a team with a lot of past, but little present. And almost no future.

Mr. Kite posted:

His name is Trevow Lewis.

Homestar Runner always did have a heavily Mormon fanbase...

Blackbelt Bobman
Jul 17, 2004

I don't need friends! I've been
manipulatin' you since the start!
All so I can something,
something X-Blade!

I don’t want the Sabres to lose, but doing so would hurt the Red Wings so I actually kinda do want them to lose. Gonna be great if Washington and Pittsburgh win.

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

https://twitter.com/Sportsnet/status/1778519216330584154

$7.35m per year

how do they keep doing this

Mark Stone and Lehner must be perma-LTIR I guess

Twin Cinema
Jun 1, 2006

Playoffs are no big deal,
don't have a crap attack.
Mark Stone rests in his crypt all season and is only awoken for the playoffs.

Furnaceface
Oct 21, 2004

Good Soldier Svejk posted:

Until the playoffs anyway.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

Twin Cinema posted:

Mark Stone rests in his crypt all season and is only awoken for the playoffs.

Jamie Benn tried to put him back in there but everybody got all bent out of shape about it

Jack's Flow
Jun 6, 2003

Life, friends, is boring
Any recommendations for good NHL podcasts?

Habibi
Dec 8, 2004

We have the capability to make San Jose's first Cup Champion.

The Sharks could be that Champion.

Jack's Flow posted:

Any recommendations for good NHL podcasts?

PDOCast (my preference for analysis and breakdowns)
32 Thoughts (good for overall league trends, GM / NHL office insights, etc)
Too Many Men (just a fun in review / what's next podcast)

Jack's Flow
Jun 6, 2003

Life, friends, is boring
Great, thank you!

heehee
Sep 5, 2012

haha wow i cant believe how lucky we got to win :D
i hate this team is a great podcast :)

tarbrush
Feb 7, 2011

ALL ABOARD THE SCOTLAND HYPE TRAIN!

CHOO CHOO

Good Soldier Svejk posted:

https://twitter.com/Sportsnet/status/1778519216330584154

$7.35m per year

how do they keep doing this

McNabb and Martinez expire this offseason I believe

Twin Cinema
Jun 1, 2006

Playoffs are no big deal,
don't have a crap attack.

tarbrush posted:

McNabb and Martinez expire this offseason I believe

McNabb has another year, but Marchessault’s deal expires. So does Mantha, and Chandler, so they have roughly 15-16m coming off the books.

Mind you, signing Hanifin, and then having one of Stone or Lehner come back, eats that up quickly. But, I have learned Vegas will always do something interesting.

Rotten Cookies
Nov 11, 2008

gosh! i like both the islanders and the rangers!!! :^)

rex rabidorum vires posted:

In other extremely interesting news TONIGHT the eastern conference battle of fraudulence continues. Pens/Wings in a must win. Caps/Sabres with everyone wondering which Sabres team shows up. The bad one or the slightly less bad one. Philadelphia takes on a red hot Rangers team...who are 8-2 in their last 10. Don't check who those losses are. Will Philadelphia get off the bus? Will their goaltending stop a beach ball? Or can the Flyers pull the ultimate chaos move and make the Rangers recent losses an all Metro trifecta? The Devils are in action and no one cares. Somehow the most fraudulent of the bunch. Finally, can Montreal continue to provide entertainment against the elite loser point team in the league? Who knows! No matter what something funny will happen.

Habs don't play Boston tonight

Furnaceface
Oct 21, 2004

I really really hope we get an Isles/Rags playoff series so every other team needs to win/lose to make that happen.

Jamwad Hilder
Apr 18, 2007

surfin usa
Anyone losing to the Islanders would be hilarious considering it's impossible for the Islanders to finish the year with more wins than losses

WoodrowSkillson
Feb 24, 2005

*Gestures at 60 years of Lions history*

WoodrowSkillson posted:

i hope the red wings win

Lmao that ended fast

ohrwurm
Jun 25, 2003

flyers are so dogshit garbage they can win and make rangers fans wish career ending injuries upon them

:allears:

The Dirty Burger
Aug 24, 2007

1st team all star
+
2nd degree manslaughter
=
3rd world clothing line
https://x.com/taj1944/status/1778583295108039120?s=46&t=2hVb1vPytx9OUpdE0UPz6Q

Relocation obviously sucks for Coyotes players and their fans, but how was this franchise given so much leeway for so long

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

it's gonna be a shame to lose the jerseys now that they finally got a good, complete set but yeah
it's time to put them out of their misery