Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

Wasn't Wano (pre-Onigashima) like two weeks?

Also like I think there is at least an assumed few days of sailing between islands

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Fight for all that is beautiful in the world

I think the Sunny goes pretty fast!!!!

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

world big

Gologle
Apr 15, 2013

The Gologle Posting Experience.

<3
Could Enel still hang in a post timeskip world?

ThatBasqueGuy
Feb 14, 2013

someone introduce jojo to lazyb

Gologle posted:

He's got at least observation haki, an op logia, a robot army, and an unknown extra powerup from two years of chasing his dreams. So yeah, probably.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

I will forever laugh that Doflamingo straight up said,"Unlike everybody else I will not underestimate Strawhat Luffy, I have seen what he can do and so I have taken measures to ensure even his unpredictable nature can be taken into account and neutralized :c00l:" and then Luffy topples his kingdom in a single day :lol:

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

Jerusalem posted:

I will forever laugh that Doflamingo straight up said,"Unlike everybody else I will not underestimate Strawhat Luffy, I have seen what he can do and so I have taken measures to ensure even his unpredictable nature can be taken into account and neutralized :c00l:" and then Luffy topples his kingdom in a single day :lol:

Guy A. Person
May 23, 2003

Gologle posted:

Absolutely.

If he never got beat by Luffy probably not; like I 100% think he had the stats for it but he was so full of himself and relied entirely on his logia's intangibility. He likely would have rolled into the New World acting like hot poo poo and then got leveled by the first person with armament haki after talking a bunch of poo poo about his invincibility. But legitimately he has a lot more benefits going into the NW than most people, he has a high tier logia and high level observation haki which is more than a lot of people.

I honestly think it's all down to what you want to do in the New World. Like half the Straw Hats don't have any obvious haki but they are still hanging, they are just not trying to be big names on their own. Solid armament haki is probably absolutely necessary if you want to be one of the top 3 hitters in some Emperor's or prominent captain's crew, but it's not like every rando has it. If Enel did no training or self reflecting during the time skip and showed up in the New World he could probably still team up with one of the Supernovas or join up as a mid-to-high tier lieutenant of an Emperor. If he trained to use his observation haki in combination with his logia to zap around and dodge armament attacks that's basically already what Katakuri was doing, if he does anything else like gains some of his own armament or works to awaken his fruit he could be extremely dangerous.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007

Jerusalem posted:

doflamingo probably could have won pretty easily if he had sent sugar to take care of luffy immediately instead of dragging it out at the tournament. sugar was ridiculous.

ThatBasqueGuy
Feb 14, 2013

someone introduce jojo to lazyb

gimme the GOD drat candy posted:

doflamingo probably could have won pretty easily if he had sent sugar to take care of luffy immediately instead of dragging it out at the tournament. sugar was ridiculous.

I wouldn't want to be on the receiving end of Garp when he learns that everyone but him forgot about Luffy

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Enel needs to die so Nami can eat his fruit

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

I think its better if Nami does not eat a fruit

Remalle
Feb 12, 2020

Give the fruit to Zeus

Excelzior
Jun 24, 2013

make the Clima-Tact eat the fruit

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

SyntheticPolygon posted:

She should, lest she get scurvy

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

personally I like Nami myself

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

nami doesn't need a devil fruit, she's already a thunder goddess

mikeycp
Nov 24, 2010

I've changed a lot since I started hanging with Sonic, but I can't depend on him forever. I know I can do this by myself! Okay, Eggman! Bring it on!

Excelzior posted:

make the Clima-Tact eat the fruit

This is the correct choice. Then we can learn how that works

Bleck
Jan 7, 2014

No matter how one loves, there are always different aims. Love can take a great many forms, whatever the era.

Remalle posted:

Give the fruit to Zeus

my brain has so many questions about this oh man

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I was gonna say they should feed the Sunny a fruit but

a ship kinda has to go on water huh

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK
We'll know Enel is serious when he shows back up if he's in a hoodie with brown hair.

SyntheticPolygon posted:

Too bad, she loves tangerines.

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

end of the 4.5 tatami age

Waffleman_ posted:

I was gonna say they should feed the Sunny a fruit but

a ship kinda has to go on water huh

doesn't stop sanjuan wolf

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I mean when you think about it the ship is only a little bit in the water and you gotta be up to your knee for it to affect you I think

Gruckles
Mar 11, 2013

Add a second keel and hull, so that your fruit-ship is actually a passenger of another ship.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

Have Franky engineer it so it's hovering a little bit above the ocean

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK
You guys are really over thinking the issue. Just lather a hydrophobic paint on the hull and it will never technically be in the water.

rko
Jul 12, 2017

Mraagvpeine posted:

Wano isn't the last one; the last one is the world and fighting the oppressive World Government.

I called the Troubled Kingdom Arcs “fairy tale oppression” because they all have a similar fantasy structure that, like scary ghost dog said, feel like they’re mirroring or commenting on irl conflicts.

scary ghost dog posted:

ive thought really hard about his “fairy tale oppression” arcs, and the conclusion i drew is that all of the conflicts that have ever been portrayed in One Piece are just clean translations of actual things that happened IRL with one or more big details reversed or inverted

(I’d be curious to know more about those takes tho)

The Strawhats vs. World Government storyline is more complicated than that to me; like Sabaody through Marineford, the current arc is much more focused on One Piece’s complex lore/cast/worldbuilding instead of the more straightforwardly allegorical arcs like Wano, Skypiea, etc., where a lot of the focus gets spent on developing the arc-specific characters and countries.

It’s pretty arbitrary, maybe? But I do think things going forward are different. How many characters we’ve never met before are realistically going to be introduced between now and the conclusion, for example?

That’s why I’m a little sad to see the end of Wano. I don’t think Oda has time to introduce us to another charming fairy tale kingdom in trouble. And I really like his charming fairy tale kingdoms tbh.

Wii Spawn Camper
Nov 25, 2005

If you feed a ship a fruit, and then replace, say, the mast, does the new mast inherit the powers? does the old mast have any powers now? what if you replace everything piece by piece? does the ship still have the same devil fruit power?

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

https://x.com/ToeiAnimationEU/status/1778460296354353660

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Waffleman_ posted:

I mean when you think about it the ship is only a little bit in the water and you gotta be up to your knee for it to affect you I think

at the very least in that one anime opening luffy was standing on a rowboat instead of some shallow water

Wii Spawn Camper
Nov 25, 2005

Headlines the next day:

Milan, Berlin, London, Madrid and Paris... never existed...

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK

Wii Spawn Camper posted:

If you feed a ship a fruit, and then replace, say, the mast, does the new mast inherit the powers? does the old mast have any powers now? what if you replace everything piece by piece? does the ship still have the same devil fruit power?

Technically the ship doesn't eat the fruit, the Klabautermann does.

Bullshit. Luffy doesn't plan.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

Wii Spawn Camper posted:

Theseus D. Shipp

Wii Spawn Camper
Nov 25, 2005

Gyges posted:

Technically the ship doesn't eat the fruit, the Klabautermann does.

Bullshit. Luffy doesn't plan.

:aaaaa: maybe everything has a Klabautermann

Waffleman_ posted:

Theseus D. Shipp

:haibrower:

Drakkel
May 6, 2007

IT'S LIKE I CAN TOUCH YOU!

Wii Spawn Camper posted:

Well Queen had all kinds of cyborg parts that changed when he transformed so yes

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

Meowywitch posted:

personally I like Nami myself

She's very cool but I think she should just use more weather magic. The clima tact is cool!

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

I found out by accident there's like a vocal Nami hatebase and theyre very wrong IMO

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

Meowywitch posted:

I found out by accident there's like a vocal Nami hatebase and theyre very wrong IMO

Nami antis? how baffling

Wii Spawn Camper
Nov 25, 2005

Drakkel posted:

Well Queen had all kinds of cyborg parts that changed when he transformed so yes

I wonder if somewhere out there is a skeletal arm that randomly turns into a dinosaur leg

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

Meowywitch posted: