Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ginette Reno
Nov 18, 2006

How Doers get more done
Fun Shoe
The Penguins are such a mix of really cool and disastrously bad

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Matt Zerella
Oct 7, 2002

Norris'es are back baby. It's good again. Awoouu (fox Howl)

ohrwurm posted:

flyers are so dogshit garbage they can win and make rangers fans wish career ending injuries upon them

:allears:

That skate kick was insanely dangerous and could have killed Quick. gently caress Hathaway forever.

Mr. Kite
Aug 28, 2004

SHUT UP AND PLAY HOCKEY
68 for Matthews with 3 games to go, if anyone is keeping track of that type of thing.

Cambria Bold
Jan 1, 2024

The Coyotes have been given so much rope they could jump off the CN Tower and fail to hang themselves. It's a shame all of this is happening right as they're starting to look like an actual hockey team on the ice, but something had to give eventually.

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

We're off to Gritty Gritty land

Coyotes getting so much rope but the league gave up on the Thrashers immediately

Jamwad Hilder
Apr 18, 2007

surfin usa
Said it on Discord but Kucherov is gonna hit 100 assists before Connor and steal all the glory

Eric the Mauve
May 8, 2012

Making you happy for a buck since 199X

Good Soldier Svejk posted:

it's gonna be a shame to lose the jerseys now that they finally got a good, complete set but yeah
it's time to put them out of their misery

:thatsbettman:

rex rabidorum vires
Mar 26, 2007

KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN

Ginette Reno posted:

The Penguins are such a mix of really cool and disastrously bad

Well we asked for something different and here it is. Woof?

Ginette Reno
Nov 18, 2006

How Doers get more done
Fun Shoe

rex rabidorum vires posted:

Well we asked for something different and here it is. Woof?

I mean I'll take bad and might make the playoffs over bad and probably wont

DO YALL WANT A BOXC
Jul 20, 2010

HAHA! WOOOOOOO WOOO!
Fun Shoe
sure, the Rangers lost and allowed Philly to remain in the playoff race. but more importantly: Gabe Perreault has 3 points and is doing stuff like this in the Frozen Four semis:

https://x.com/BCFootballFans/status/1778619913810124893

DO YALL WANT A BOXC fucked around with this message at 04:09 on Apr 12, 2024

Jamwad Hilder
Apr 18, 2007

surfin usa
I was really hoping we'd get a BU-BC final but instead Denver had to play their "we're going to win 2-1" bullshit they've done literally the entire tournament.

Good soup!
Nov 2, 2010

The Dirty Burger posted:

https://x.com/taj1944/status/1778583295108039120?s=46&t=2hVb1vPytx9OUpdE0UPz6Q

Relocation obviously sucks for Coyotes players and their fans, but how was this franchise given so much leeway for so long

that is just straight up pathetic lmao just a complete poverty franchise

E: I mean seriously, do the coyotes have a torn page from Epstein's black book with Bettman 's name on it or something, how the gently caress do you let this poo poo go but say it gently caress it the moment things go bad with the thrashers

Good soup! fucked around with this message at 04:13 on Apr 12, 2024

Jamwad Hilder
Apr 18, 2007

surfin usa
Yes Arizona feels fully cooked now. Wouldn't be surprised at all if they're relocated after the season ends. For years there have been enough plausible excuses to just let them just barely skate by but that goodwill has run out it feels like. Their new arena feels more and more like a pipe dream the more I read from local government and all that too.

Bard Maddox
Feb 15, 2012

I'm just a sick guy, I'm really just a dirty guy.

Jamwad Hilder posted:

I was really hoping we'd get a BU-BC final but instead Denver had to play their "we're going to win 2-1" bullshit they've done literally the entire tournament.

go Pios brudda we already got that Groundhog Day matchup four times this year we didnt need a fifth

HOLY FUCK
Mar 31, 2007

Cats are terrifying, everyone knows that! 'Cause they're witches! And they've got knives in their feet!

Ginette Reno posted:

I mean I'll take bad and might make the playoffs over bad and probably wont

They don't look all sad and demoralized anymore at least! :buddy:

Darude - Adam Sandstorm
Aug 16, 2012

Jamwad Hilder posted:

Said it on Discord but Kucherov is gonna hit 100 assists before Connor and steal all the glory

McDavid will 100% play Friday to make sure that doesn't happen just like he refused to miss the Heritage Classic.

Carver
Jan 14, 2003

I am extremely interested and amused by whoever ends up at the top of the garbage heap (the 8th seed)

pseudodragon
Jun 16, 2007

Jamwad Hilder posted:

After all this it would be some anticlimactic bullshit it McD/Kuch get stuck at 99 and Matthews 69.

VOTE1
Aug 23, 2007

Jamwad Hilder posted:

Yes Arizona feels fully cooked now. Wouldn't be surprised at all if they're relocated after the season ends. For years there have been enough plausible excuses to just let them just barely skate by but that goodwill has run out it feels like. Their new arena feels more and more like a pipe dream the more I read from local government and all that too.

Looking at the last month in reverse its pretty clear Arizona got early wind of this final push and rushed out those last concept drawings - imagine they hoped the new plans being talked about would delay just enough to make it too hard to do this offseason, buying them some more time. Id assume its announced formally the day after the coyotes last game.

Arivia
Mar 17, 2011

pseudodragon posted:

After all this it would be some anticlimactic bullshit it McD/Kuch get stuck at 99 and Matthews 69.

nice

tarbrush
Feb 7, 2011

ALL ABOARD THE SCOTLAND HYPE TRAIN!

CHOO CHOO

Twin Cinema posted:

McNabb has another year, but Marchessault’s deal expires. So does Mantha, and Chandler, so they have roughly 15-16m coming off the books.

Mind you, signing Hanifin, and then having one of Stone or Lehner come back, eats that up quickly. But, I have learned Vegas will always do something interesting.

Lehner only has an 8 team no trade, so he's either living on Robidas island or getting moved.

I'm pretty certain they'll want to bring Marchy and Stephenson back, but I've no idea who they'd move that doesn't have a full NMC

EDIT: On looking at it, it does seem more and more like Stone might be moving to Robidas island. That or they move Karlsson. I just can't see them letting Mantha, Martinez, Marchessault and Carrier leave for nothing.

tarbrush fucked around with this message at 09:36 on Apr 12, 2024

Twin Cinema
Jun 1, 2006

Playoffs are no big deal,
don't have a crap attack.

tarbrush posted:

Lehner only has an 8 team no trade, so he's either living on Robidas island or getting moved.

I'm pretty certain they'll want to bring Marchy and Stephenson back, but I've no idea who they'd move that doesn't have a full NMC

EDIT: On looking at it, it does seem more and more like Stone might be moving to Robidas island. That or they move Karlsson. I just can't see them letting Mantha, Martinez, Marchessault and Carrier leave for nothing.

If I have learned anything about Vegas, they are apparently able to correctly assess which players to move on from and which players they should continue rostering.

Strangely, I heard a lot about Kucherov tying the record for most assists by a winger in 2019, but nothing this season about how he's destroyed that record.

WoodrowSkillson
Feb 24, 2005

*Gestures at 60 years of Lions history*

i thought it was gonna go disastrously for the wings but even though we lost it was a hell of a game. pretty much exactly why hockey rules. missing the playoffs is gonna sting but compared to where the wings were a couple years ago, there are plenty of reasons to be optimistic for the future now instead of just more dead things garbage.

shyduck
Oct 3, 2003

Flyers are gonna miss the playoffs by 1 point because apparently playing against dogshit teams was too much for them

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

shyduck posted:

Flyers and Capitals are gonna miss the playoffs by 1 point because apparently playing against dogshit teams was too much for them

Cocaine Bear
Nov 4, 2011

ACAB

shyduck posted:

Flyers are gonna miss the playoffs by 1 point because apparently playing against dogshit teams was too much for them

DJ_Khaled.gif

rex rabidorum vires
Mar 26, 2007

KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN
I'm interested to see if Sullivan sticks with Ned because despite the team winning he's actually been dogshit.

Twin Cinema
Jun 1, 2006

Playoffs are no big deal,
don't have a crap attack.
Matthews is now tied with Cooney Weiland for the 4th best adjusted goal season of all-time.

Matt Zerella
Oct 7, 2002

Norris'es are back baby. It's good again. Awoouu (fox Howl)
https://twitter.com/vzmercogliano/status/1778815226902646966

Holy crap, he is risen.

WeaponX
Jul 28, 2008

:2monocle:

MaoistBanker
Sep 11, 2001

For Sound Financial Pranning!
SLC is going to become the St Louis Cardinals of the NHL, I can feel it

The Dirty Burger
Aug 24, 2007

1st team all star
+
2nd degree manslaughter
=
3rd world clothing line

https://x.com/friedgehnic/status/1778827341482856752?s=46&t=2hVb1vPytx9OUpdE0UPz6Q

Primed up and ready for game one baby

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

:lol: shameless but what can you do at this point

Eric the Mauve
May 8, 2012

Making you happy for a buck since 199X
I really thought Vegas was a smart enough organization not to megapay Hanifin but it seems not.

Gerblederp
Dec 4, 2009

Fuckin Vegas

tarbrush
Feb 7, 2011

ALL ABOARD THE SCOTLAND HYPE TRAIN!

CHOO CHOO

Eric the Mauve posted:

I really thought Vegas was a smart enough organization not to megapay Hanifin but it seems not.

$7.5m is 1.5 pair D man at this point.

Also I hope that they close the LTIR playoff gap soon, but until they do I expect and hope that every team exploits it as shamelessly as possible

DO YALL WANT A BOXC
Jul 20, 2010

HAHA! WOOOOOOO WOOO!
Fun Shoe

https://youtu.be/bNlObJjzoyk?si=8Zt-RZYcmnypiXIp

gently caress me Chris, you fooled even me! hell yeah baby Cheat To Win, viva la raza

DildenAnders
Mar 16, 2016

"I recommend Batman especially, for he tends to transcend the abysmal society in which he's found himself. His morality is rather rigid, also. I rather respect Batman.”

WoodrowSkillson posted:

i thought it was gonna go disastrously for the wings but even though we lost it was a hell of a game. pretty much exactly why hockey rules. missing the playoffs is gonna sting but compared to where the wings were a couple years ago, there are plenty of reasons to be optimistic for the future now instead of just more dead things garbage.

Beware, this was the Sabres outlook last year.

abuse culture.
Sep 8, 2004

This is absolutely cap circumcision.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

shyduck
Oct 3, 2003

Wow Mark Stone must have the most miraculous spleen in the world