Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

a dumb moron
Mar 19, 2024

augh

0konner posted:

Drew isn’t going anywhere either he’s having a great time with this heel run and clearly going out of his way to build heat for a Punk match.

The beauty is: if he stays, it’s build for a Punk match. If he leaves, well you can’t say he ain’t getting buried on the way out as is tradition!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

is pepsi ok
Oct 23, 2002

Apparently a bunch of WWE wrestlers were at the Power Slap show last night and some guy came out to Cody's music.

https://twitter.com/AustinCreedWins/status/1779009206093529108#m

0konner
Nov 17, 2016

I WAS THERE
WHEN CODY RHODES
FINISHED THE STORY

a dumb moron posted:

The beauty is: if he stays, it’s build for a Punk match. If he leaves, well you can’t say he ain’t getting buried on the way out as is tradition!

I would say he is not getting buried. If he leaves I’m pretty sure it’ll be before punk is back from the injury so he’ll have torn Punk’s triceps, bragged about it, and walked off with no comeuppance.

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I'M HAVING A HOOT EATING CORNETTE THE LONG WAY
How is Drew the heel and not Punk?

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014
punk wants to be face

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

He ain't coming off as a face.

Vvvvvv
Isn't Rollins like half-face half-heel? Like everything I've seen with Drew has just been this guy who pissed that everyone keeps loving with him but he is the bad guy because he is sick of the poo poo???

Mr Hootington fucked around with this message at 18:29 on Apr 13, 2024

0konner
Nov 17, 2016

I WAS THERE
WHEN CODY RHODES
FINISHED THE STORY

Mr Hootington posted:

How is Drew the heel and not Punk?

He turned heel recently screwing with jey uso because jey has turned face but he’d helped screw with Drew back when he was in the bloodline and Drew won’t let it go. Then he was feuding with Seth Rollins who’s been a babyface since his music got popular.

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

Germansimp posted:

And in one glorious moment of the usual finisher-stealing, Punk will attempt Drew's Claymore Kick and rip his own leg of in the process.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?

a dumb moron posted:

Yeah, that's the main thing in my head, though I'm not following the product so I take the thread's word for it, but it felt like those 3 who publicly haven't re-signed all got jobbed the gently caress out at Wrestlemania. Becky was literally sick and had to go out there to a 5 minute squash, Seth jobs to Drew and then has a comedy spot in the interference fest at the main event, and Drew gets cashed in for his win then loses the following day on the number 1 contender match. Just the right amount of pettiness for folk that are on their way out, or i'm overthinking it and they're still fedheads.

1glitch0
Sep 4, 2018

I DON'T GIVE A CRAP WHAT SHE BELIEVES THE HARRY POTTER BOOKS CHANGED MY LIFE #HUFFLEPUFF

a dumb moron posted:

Because look at her.

Picking people out of catalogues because of how they look and who cares if they can wrestle! Johnny Ace ahead of his time.

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008

Drakkel
May 6, 2007

IT'S LIKE I CAN TOUCH YOU!
WWE Superstars having a great time going on the show run by the guy who beats his wife in public before jetting off to sunny Saudi Arabia to dine on the freshest blood money coated dicks

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
Dave doesn't seem to think there's any chance Drew is leaving. I think Seth is leaving.

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

Drakkel posted:

WWE Superstars having a great time going on the show run by the guy who beats his wife in public before jetting off to sunny Saudi Arabia to dine on the freshest blood money coated dicks

Who is the guy who beats his wife in public?

Hoss Corncave
Feb 13, 2012

Mr Hootington posted:

Who is the guy who beats his wife in public?

Dana White

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

MJeff posted:

Dave doesn't seem to think there's any chance Drew is leaving. I think Seth is leaving.

I think if Drew didn't reup they would have had him lose at mania and despite the cash in being super lol I can see the idea they're building to him winning it back at Clash at the Castle

As for Seth? I think there's some smoke to this especially since it seems like Becky might be wrapping up soon but Seth has always been such a company man that I'd be a bit shocked. But than it's also clear he's not gonna be the top guy in the WWE and might not even be in the next level below that anymore so I could see him wanting to try another place even if I don't think he'd work in AEW

Erin M. Fiasco
Mar 21, 2013

Nothing's better than postin' in the morning!

I thought Powerslap was shut down but I guess it was just the TV show. Shame.

I would love Drew (and Sheamus) to go back to the independents, TNA, or AEW but I don't think it's going to happen. Even with the cash-in I believe giving him the title was their carrot before they give him the stick.

Seth leaving would be interesting with the timing. On one hand he's been one of the biggest company guy bootlickers but on the other hand he's one of the people who unequivocally spoke up against Vince. It's tough to gauge how he would be outside of WWE right now because his ROH run was during a much more untested time for him (that wasn't exactly universally beloved) and he doesn't always crush it between the ropes in the WWE but that doesn't mean he doesn't have something to offer no matter where he goes. Going back to ROH would be fun, as would a TNA run or a Cardona-esque independent run, but we'll see. Hell, get him and Becky in NJPW and STARDOM or something wild like that, why not. I'm not sure if Tyler Black being All Elite is something that would work as I don't know if there's room for him but I'm not willing to immediately count it out.

Whoolighams
Jul 24, 2007
Thanks Dom Monaghan

Drakkel posted:

WWE wrestlers seeing a show put on by a rich freak who wants to use his money to make people engage in a bizarre power fantasy for him and him alone: "doesn't look like anything to me"

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

seth would probably offer to work for free before he goes to another company

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

Fired Rollins desperately throwing a bundle of cash at triple h as he sprints through gorilla trying to evade arena security

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Drakkel posted:

Oh?

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

What's wrong with dining on dicks? Weird homophobia dude

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

Erin M. Fiasco posted:

I would love Drew (and Sheamus) to go back to the independents, TNA, or AEW but I don't think it's going to happen. Even with the cash-in I believe giving him the title was their carrot before they give him the stick.

Sheamus is getting a bunch of produced promos on the shows. I don't think he is leaving.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Sheamus is coming back from a significant injury, so he probably had injury time added. He still hasn’t signed an extension, same for Drew and Seth and Becky (the latter three have been healthy)

Hedgehog Pie
May 19, 2012

Total fuckin' silence.
Thinking about it, I'm not sure sucking on any variety of willy with or without condiments would really be accommodated in Saudi Arabia.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

https://twitter.com/WWEBigE/status/1779226198196846759

Erin M. Fiasco
Mar 21, 2013

Nothing's better than postin' in the morning!

Big E :(

I'm glad he's doing all right when it could be so much worse. Very sad that his career was cut short how it was though. It'd be nice for him to be on commentary or something.

Lurks With Wolves
Jan 14, 2013

At least I don't dance with them, right?

MorningMoon posted:

Yeah, that's the main thing in my head, though I'm not following the product so I take the thread's word for it, but it felt like those 3 who publicly haven't re-signed all got jobbed the gently caress out at Wrestlemania. Becky was literally sick and had to go out there to a 5 minute squash, Seth jobs to Drew and then has a comedy spot in the interference fest at the main event, and Drew gets cashed in for his win then loses the following day on the number 1 contender match. Just the right amount of pettiness for folk that are on their way out, or i'm overthinking it and they're still fedheads.

I'm not sure if I'd count Becky and Seth as WWE burying them, or at least not them specifically burying them as they leave. Becky's being shoved down the card, but that just feels like them not liking her and trying to put her in NXT to train people. I just don't feel like they care enough about her (or the women's division) to actively spite her that way. And Seth... he looked lame in the main event, but that just feels like Seth trying to do a visual callback to turning on the Shield and WWE loving it up because their camera work is still bad. Again, I'm just not getting the kind of spite vibes you usually get in WWE.

(Then again, if they leave and things come out, I wouldn't be surprised.)

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Seth Rollins would suck poo poo in AEW.

Tyler Black though? Might be something there *moshes into ring*

Hedgehog Pie
May 19, 2012

Total fuckin' silence.

Erin M. Fiasco posted:

Big E :(

I'm glad he's doing all right when it could be so much worse. Very sad that his career was cut short how it was though. It'd be nice for him to be on commentary or something.

Agree 100%. He seemed like a very fun personality from what I saw. Upsetting either way.

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

Whoa. Isn't that what essentially happened to Arn?

Chris James 2 posted:

Sheamus is coming back from a significant injury, so he probably had injury time added. He still hasn’t signed an extension, same for Drew and Seth and Becky (the latter three have been healthy)

I think he might be coming back during the upcoming Europe tour WWE is doing with Backlash. The promos usually air side by side.

Edit: Sheamus is back monday

Mr Hootington fucked around with this message at 21:16 on Apr 13, 2024

Pillowpants
Aug 5, 2006
After watching the past few shows, it seems pretty clear to me that Roman is taking time off for reasons, Solo has taken over the bloodline with Tama Tonga and soon to be Jacob Fatu, and now that Jimmy USO has been kicked out it’s only a matter of time before the USOs reunite.

This will lead to USOs vs Bloodline at SummerSlam. Cody runs in to help his new bffs and then Roman reappears, spears Cody and then goes after Solo.

Survivor series is Roman vs Solo and then Roman gets to finish his story at WM in a fatal four with the Rock, Cody, and Seth.

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

Pillowpants posted:

After watching the past few shows, it seems pretty clear to me that Roman is taking time off for reasons, Solo has taken over the bloodline with Tama Tonga and soon to be Jacob Fatu, and now that Jimmy USO has been kicked out it’s only a matter of time before the USOs reunite.

This will lead to USOs vs Bloodline at SummerSlam. Cody runs in to help his new bffs and then Roman reappears, spears Cody and then goes after Solo.

Survivor series is Roman vs Solo and then Roman gets to finish his story at WM in a fatal four with the Rock, Cody, and Seth.

I don't think Roman would go after Cody, but would help him if Cody is helping the usos. Heyman said per tribal chief orders that the bloodline accept the results until they have their shot at the title.

a dumb moron
Mar 19, 2024

augh

1glitch0 posted:

Picking people out of catalogues because of how they look and who cares if they can wrestle! Johnny Ace ahead of his time.

Not the same thing here

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

1glitch0 posted:

This is so weird, she just looks like a muscle freak a thing you really want in wrestling.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

1glitch0 posted:

I can think of at least one or two reasons why this is different.

DEAR RICHARD
Feb 5, 2009

IT'S TIME FOR MY TOOLS

Endless Mike posted:

Seth Rollins would suck poo poo in AEW.

Tyler Black though? Might be something there *moshes into ring*

reminds me of this
https://youtu.be/qktVY3FTAvk?si=G-6RtMEYpjJ4zS87

the escape goat
Apr 16, 2008

Seth and Becky in NJPW and STARDOM would be pretty fun.

edogawa rando
Mar 20, 2007

is pepsi ok posted:

Apparently a bunch of WWE wrestlers were at the Power Slap show last night and some guy came out to Cody's music.

https://twitter.com/AustinCreedWins/status/1779009206093529108#m

Is Power Slap part of TKO, or is it its own thing?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

edogawa rando posted:

Is Power Slap part of TKO, or is it its own thing?

As I understand it Power Slap is owned by a separate company that is owned by Dana White & Lorenzo Fertitta, former UFC owner, as well as someone who was the UFC COO (& may still be, all I can find without paying is articles from 2022 when they tried to get slapping licensed in Nevada) & a producer on The Ultimate Fighter. But TKO themselves don't seem directly involved AFAICT