Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
MOTN
This poll is closed.
COPE VS PENTA 44 59.46%
LIONHOOK SHIBATA VS STP 4 5.41%
OKADA VS A GUY 6 8.11%
MAY VS JAY 6 8.11%
JOE VS RHODES 14 18.92%
Total: 74 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

The Stroker Ace
Feb 7, 2007

I concur with everything said about Oklahoma in this thread.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

Strong body strong mind strong ego strong spirit

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

as much as I want PAC to beat Okada someday, that spot is reserved for when Takeshita turns face again

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
If you didn't really understand the finish of the CMLL vs AEW match at H2L or have been watching some CMLL and don't really get the rules with regards to finishes this might help.

https://twitter.com/luchablog/status/1780390262608384510

surf rock
Aug 12, 2007

We need more women in STEM, and by that, I mean skateboarding, television, esports, and magic.
I haven't been watching Dynamite for a long time but I'm going to the show tomorrow. I found the cards here but I'm wondering if anyone is aware of a good site that does show recaps so I can skim the past few weeks to get caught up on storylines. I did a little googling but wrestling news websites tend to look like they have every imaginable virus so if anyone has a fave, lemme know. Thanks!

edit: Got it, thank you!

surf rock fucked around with this message at 02:08 on Apr 17, 2024

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

surf rock posted:

I haven't been watching Dynamite for a long time but I'm going to the show tomorrow. I found the cards here but I'm wondering if anyone is aware of a good site that does show recaps so I can skim the past few weeks to get caught up on storylines. I did a little googling but wrestling news websites tend to look like they have every imaginable virus so if anyone has a fave, lemme know. Thanks!

The Observer site's recaps are what get posted in the thread.

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

Brock! Oh, man, I'm sorry about your...

...tooth?

surf rock posted:

Based on tomorrow's card, here's what you need to know:

- It's the go-home show for Dynasty. The world title match for the show is Samoa Joe defending against Swerve Strickland. Both are evil psychopaths who have been beating the poo poo out of each other over the past few weeks. Joe is heel and Swerve is kind of a tweener, but still an unrepentant monster.

- A big match at Dynasty is Bryan Danielson vs. Will Ospreay. Their respective factions (BCC and Don Callis Family) have started butting heads. Hence, Claudio vs. Ospreay. It should be noted that Ospreay has been acting like a total face and has also defeated all his fellow Callis Family members in singles competition. Powerhouse Hobbs was not happy about his loss.

- Adam Copeland is currently feuding with the House of Black and will be teaming up with Eddie Kingston and Mark Briscoe at the next PPV. Willow will be challenging for Julia Hart's TBS Championship. These two feuds crossed paths and we're getting a mixed tag out of it.

- The Young Bucks have kicked Hangman (kayfabe suspended) and Omega (legit sick) out of the Elite and replaced them with Okada. The Young Bucks will face FTR at the PPV in the finals for the vacated tag titles. Okada will be facing Pac at the PPV. For this trios match, Pac is teaming up with Penta, along with FTR's ally Daniel Garcia.

- Jon Moxley has been off TV for a bit. He just won the IWGP title. He's probably there to set up either a last minute match for Dynasty or build up Forbidden Door.

- Deonna Purrazzo is Toni Storm's former best friend and failed challenger for the title. She is taking on Toni's protege Mariah May. Both are supporting characters in the upcoming Dynasty match of Toni Storm vs. Thunder Rosa.

- Mercedes Mone (Sasha Banks) has been cutting promos in AEW, but won't be wrestling until Double or Nothing. She's mostly been throwing shade at Willow for "injuring" her in Japan. Last week she was doing a sitdown interview and the lights went out. When the lights came back on, Mercedes was found beaten on the floor.

- Chris Jericho has been trying to mentor Hook and it's had mixed results, especially with Shibata hanging out with Hook lately and complicating things. Jericho wants to speak with Hook about this.

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc

MassRafTer posted:

https://www.realrasslin.net/post/aew-potentially-punished-by-archaic-oklahoma-athletic-commission

Someone dug up something troublesome, the Oklahoma SAC has at least discussed taking action against AEW for Nyla Rose's match last December. Oklahoma has some incredibly archaic rules regarding intergender wrestling and as you can imagine how they classify transgender athletes.

please push this, oklahoma. we can finally settle this with an actual rich person fighting back. or aew just doesnt go to oklahoma anymore, a win win situation.

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

Brock! Oh, man, I'm sorry about your...

...tooth?

I'm doing a listicle on AEW's best storylines. I'm up for suggestions. Right now I have (in no order):

Hangman vs. Elite
Hangman vs. Swerve Strickland
CM Punk vs. MJF
Bryan Danielson vs. MJF
Brandon Cutler vs. Peter Avalon
Adam Copeland vs. Christian Cage
Orange Cassidy vs. Jon Moxley
Eddie Kingston vs. Bryan Danielson
MJF vs. Cody Rhodes
Brodie Lee vs. Cody Rhodes

CombineThresher
Apr 10, 2006

GIT R DONNE

Gavok posted:

I'm doing a listicle on AEW's best storylines. I'm up for suggestions. Right now I have (in no order):

Hangman vs. Elite
CM Punk vs. MJF
Bryan Danielson vs. MJF
MJF vs. Cody Rhodes

I think OC vs Pac has more legs under it than OC vs Mox.

Goblin Queen
Mar 6, 2006

Goblin deez nuts amirite ladies?

Gavok posted:

Hangman vs. Elite
CM Punk vs. MJF
Bryan Danielson vs. MJF
MJF vs. Cody Rhodes

MJF and Cole's Summer Bromance

Erin M. Fiasco
Mar 21, 2013

Nothing's better than postin' in the morning!

OC vs. Mox as a way to explore the entire Orange Cassidy International title run would be very good.

The Bucks' move into their current gimmicks would be good too.

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

Gavok posted:

Hangman vs. Elite
CM Punk vs. MJF
Bryan Danielson vs. MJF
MJF vs. Cody Rhodes

Sting/Darby vs Men of the Year
Jack Perry/Undisputed Elite
Jack Perry/Christian
BCC/Elite
Eddie Kingston/BCC

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Gavok posted:

Hangman vs. Elite
CM Punk vs. MJF
Bryan Danielson vs. MJF
MJF vs. Cody Rhodes

Brodie Lee and John Silver

HulkaMatt
Feb 14, 2006

BIG BICEPS SHOHEI

Bryan/MJF being listed is just kind of reminding me that it was SOMEWHAT of a retread on the MJF/Jericho feud with the FIVE LABORS - which I thought was a lot more fun in the lead up to that match. (Though Bryan vs. Anyone was obviously better)

Ziggy Tzardust
Apr 7, 2006

Gavok posted:

Hangman vs. Elite
CM Punk vs. MJF
Bryan Danielson vs. MJF
MJF vs. Cody Rhodes

Young Bucks vs Lucha Bros

Eddie vs Punk was short but incredible at the time

Ziggy Tzardust
Apr 7, 2006

HulkaMatt posted:

Bryan/MJF being listed is just kind of reminding me that it was kind of a retread on the MJF/Jericho gimmick - which I thought was a lot more fun in the lead up to that match. (Though Bryan vs. Anyone was obviously better)

It was a retread of SEVERAL MJF storylines where the face had to do a gauntlet. It was turned on its head with Bryan by virtue of him being a violence pervert and enjoying the gauntlet.

HulkaMatt
Feb 14, 2006

BIG BICEPS SHOHEI

Jericho vs. Juvi and Jericho vs. Nick Gage was true sicko poo poo

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts

Orange Carlisle posted:

those numbers are wacky I feel like nyla is barely ever on tv

she was on tv all the time the first 3 years and did tons of dark too

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

Britt Baker/Thunder Rosa was also great
So was Shida/Deeb and Shida/Toni Storm and Hayter/Shida

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts

Gavok posted:

:3:

HulkaMatt posted:

Jericho vs. Nick Gage was true sicko poo poo

will never forget the pip transition into a dominos commercial while nick was grinding the pizza cutter on jerichos forehead

Alpha Kenny Juan
Apr 11, 2007

graph posted:

she was on tv all the time the first 3 years and did tons of dark too

This brought some of the best Karaoke Jones segments too.

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts

Alpha Kenny Juan posted:

This brought some of the best Karaoke Jones segments too.

where were those?

i miss church merch, shame one of those three turned out to be a trash person. hope ryzins doing well wherever he is

HulkaMatt
Feb 14, 2006

BIG BICEPS SHOHEI

CombineThresher posted:

I think OC vs Pac has more legs under it than OC vs Mox.

If OC vs. Mox didn't have the issue of Mox getting concussed and losing to Fenix - and featured OC being able to build himself up to challenging Mox again for the title, that feud would have been so much better to me lol. The follow up with OC kinda hurts it for me also. Love the guy but I was absolutely on team "OC should go away for a bit and come back emboldened and better than ever".

Alpha Kenny Juan
Apr 11, 2007

graph posted:

where were those?

Taz: "Nyla Nyla Nyla Rose" :byodood:

e: Other notables were Ruby Soho and Jungle Boy

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts

oh, right haha

i was thinking it was a bte skit or something, i didnt start watching bte until way after aew started

Majinfoose
Jul 26, 2007

HOLY SHIT
This vegan brisket is bussin

Jim Ross, I know you love Nyla, and always respond to her thirst traps, please educate the people of Oklahoma

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

graph posted:

:3:

will never forget the pip transition into a dominos commercial while nick was grinding the pizza cutter on jerichos forehead

then a bunch of whiny cops tried to tattle on aew to the network

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

:o:

Gavok posted:

Hangman vs. Elite
CM Punk vs. MJF
Bryan Danielson vs. MJF
MJF vs. Cody Rhodes
MJF vs. that loving mark Tony Khan

Visual Basic Bitch
Sep 4, 2019
the payoff obviously fell apart for reasons outside of anyone's control but swerve in our glory was a really fun slow burn of a story. likewise swerve vs darby

Suplex Liberace
Jan 18, 2012

mox vs the inner circle. Two men got blinded!!

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Suplex Liberace posted:

And one got a car.

Kull the Conqueror
Apr 8, 2006

Take me to the green valley,
lay the sod o'er me,
I'm a young cowboy,
I know I've done wrong

Suplex Liberace posted:

lol I was just about to post this. The Eye for an Eye match was brilliant

CombineThresher
Apr 10, 2006

GIT R DONNE

HulkaMatt posted:

If OC vs. Mox didn't have the issue of Mox getting concussed and losing to Fenix - and featured OC being able to build himself up to challenging Mox again for the title, that feud would have been so much better to me lol. The follow up with OC kinda hurts it for me also. Love the guy but I was absolutely on team "OC should go away for a bit and come back emboldened and better than ever".

I didn't mind the followup but I think OC should be challenging for the world title at this point and staying at that level.

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts
hey eww with ospreay this week is excellent

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

Long-Time Lurker posted:

Imagine calling this thread insane when you are on the side of freaks who would do gross, transphobic poo poo like this.

what do you mean by side? like anti-aew? i think oklahoma is just horrific and transphobic

Writer Cath
Apr 1, 2007

Box. Flipped.
Plaster Town Cop
https://twitter.com/DrainBamager/status/1780192538890260591

This could be fun as hell.

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

sabin should have the gimmick of 2008 jon moxley

apophenium
Apr 14, 2009

Cry 'Mayhem!' and let slip the dogs of Wardlow.
We need a tag title tournament re-do.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts
btdo spoilers

looking like pretty peter might be joining lfi?