Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

lmao

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DaveKap
Feb 5, 2006

Pickle: Inspected.

Steve Yun posted:

I think I read somewhere that the part of your brain that processes words turns off during sleep which is why people can’t read things in dreams and maybe why smartphones generally don’t show up either
I can read in my dreams, the problem comes when I try to re-read anything because the text changes when I do. That's actually a known tactic for figuring out if you're in a dream so you can go lucid; check your watch, look away, check your watch again. If you're in a dream, it'll be a completely different time both times you check it. The funny part is you might not even wear a watch in real life but the fact you're wearing one in your dream is perfectly fine.

DerekSmartymans
Feb 14, 2005

The
Copacetic
Ascetic

GlyphGryph posted:

What's the best video game where its set in a dream, and/or what's the best video game you ever dreamed of playing.

Dreamscaper is awesome as gently caress!

skeletronics
Jul 19, 2005
Man

DerekSmartymans posted:

Dreamscaper is awesome as gently caress!

:yeah:

Don't think I ever made it past the 3rd biome in that one. Should really return to it some time.

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

lol

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

God, I don’t know which of my video game accomplishments I should highlight on my dating app profile

Steve Yun
Aug 7, 2003
I'm a parasitic landlord that needs to get a job instead of stealing worker's money. Make sure to remind me when I post.
Soiled Meat

Gaius Marius posted:

The only dreams I have are about people cutting me open and rearranging or stealing my organs.

Frederick Chilton what are you doing on this forum

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

Jay Rust posted:

God, I don’t know which of my video game accomplishments I should highlight on my dating app profile

All the romance arcs you completed, obviously

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

haveblue posted:

All the romance arcs you completed, obviously

Are there any that are actually challenging? Or even skill-based at all 🧐

GlyphGryph
Jun 23, 2013

Down came the glitches and burned us in ditches and we slept after eating our dead.

Jay Rust posted:

Are there any that are actually challenging? Or even skill-based at all 🧐

Absolutely. Having completed any of the Rain World romances without looking it up is a display of pure skill and gaming grit.

Its less impressive if you use a guide, of course.

RPATDO_LAMD
Mar 22, 2013

🐘🪠🍆
there are romances in rain world?

GlyphGryph
Jun 23, 2013

Down came the glitches and burned us in ditches and we slept after eating our dead.
in the Downpour DLC, for Inv, yes.

Of course, to even unlock Inv, you must follow these instructions:

"Chant His name upon 7 or 8 inscribed bricks of a pillar"
"His name can be found in the door of the desert"
"It does not matter whenever the door is opened, closed or passed through. The lock is the key and the key is the means."
"Do as you have done before, give it a name"

and thats only step one to unlocking the romances.

Then you have to complete Invs campaign via ascension, which is widely regarded to be the most difficult rain world campaign by a wide margin.

That unlocks the romance options

GlyphGryph fucked around with this message at 01:17 on Apr 19, 2024

Feldegast42
Oct 29, 2011

COMMENCE THE RITE OF SHITPOSTING

Jay Rust posted:

Number of dating sims, obviously. Dates are into those who are experienced in the field of love

ymgve
Jan 2, 2004

:dukedog:
Offensive Clock

Jay Rust posted:

steam is a dating app now?

xoFcitcrA
Feb 16, 2010

took the bread and the lamb spread
Lipstick Apathy

ymgve posted:

steam is a dating app now?

it wasn't before?

cumpantry
Dec 18, 2020

it's getting steamy in here

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

A regular recurring thing in my dreams is that I'll be out and about somewhere and realize I want to go home, but that's far away, but luckily I forgot that I have another house that I just... forgot I have. Sometimes in my dreams it's a place I was paying rent on but moved somewhere else and never stopped, sometimes it's a place I bought and never got around to moving into, but most often it's just... my place. It's a place that is mine, and I could have gone there anytime but I just... forgot to.

Re: Psychonauts 2, perhaps my favorite joke is when Raz pops back to a memory of the camp from the first game, looks around in awe and says,"Wow, it's hard to believe it's been 3 whole days since I was last here." :allears:

wizard2
Apr 4, 2022
I had a dream that multiple videos of me at age 14 awkwardly having fun practicing the dance from Toxic by Britney Spears became a meme and went extremely viral and I became known in the media as "The Toxic Kid"

Ibblebibble
Nov 12, 2013

Steve Yun posted:

I think I read somewhere that the part of your brain that processes words turns off during sleep which is why people can’t read things in dreams and maybe why smartphones generally don’t show up either

My latest memorable dream did actually involve me reading something off a smartphone. I dreamt that my mum messaged me saying she wanted to buy an NFT and I basically woke up screaming MUM NO

Kinky Cookie Bunny
Apr 1, 2011

last time i posted about my dreams some of yall just started posting about drinking hot dr. pepper and then you got mad it tasted bad like its my fault they stopped using real sugar

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Yes it was 100% the sugar that was the issue, and not the fact people heated up a soft drink

xoFcitcrA
Feb 16, 2010

Lipstick Apathy

Infinitum posted:

Yes it was 100% the sugar that was the issue, and not the fact people heated up a soft drink

Still haven't tried hot Dr. Pepper yet. I can vouch for hot Tang not being great, though.

Kinky Cookie Bunny
Apr 1, 2011

Infinitum posted:

you eat fairy bread i dont need this sass

xoFcitcrA posted:

Still haven't tried hot Dr. Pepper yet. I can vouch for hot Tang not being great, though.

they still make tang??!!

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

What I'm getting at is...
Do you feel the same way?
Does the heat get rid of the carbonation?

xoFcitcrA
Feb 16, 2010

Lipstick Apathy

Kinky Cookie Bunny posted:

you eat fairy bread i dont need this sass

they still make tang??!!

Yep. Tang on the rocks with a dash of lemon juice is still a lovely vitamin C supplement / chaser.

Kinky Cookie Bunny
Apr 1, 2011

Rinkles posted:

Does the heat get rid of the carbonation?

allegedly

xoFcitcrA posted:

Yep. Tang on the rocks with a dash of lemon juice is still a lovely vitamin C supplement / chaser.

always wanted to try tang proper

Eej
Jun 17, 2007

HEAVYARMS
Heat reduces a liquid's ability to hold gases so it would flatten your soft drink

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

Kinky Cookie Bunny posted:

last time i posted about my dreams some of yall just started posting about drinking hot dr. pepper and then you got mad it tasted bad like its my fault they stopped using real sugar

lmao

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Duz6CB9nofQ

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
Dr pepper for mad at the place that made the good doctor pepper with sugar and made them stop calling it Dr pepper. Don't want people thinkin a better tasting drink is theirs.

credburn
Jun 22, 2016
President, Founder of the Brent Spiner Fan Club

I've never had hot Dr. Pepper. Interesting!

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Last night I dreamt I was ordering fish & chips and they asked me how I wanted my batter (this is not normal) and one of the options was 'slimy'

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

ah yes, Long John Silver's

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007
that is a distressing adjective in any food-related context

cumpantry
Dec 18, 2020

for me its cracking open a cold dr pepper strawberrys and cream zero

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Regretting is an insult to oneself
Buglord
Place Dr Pepper in a humidifier and just steam it throughout your house.

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

Where did he get his medical license anyway

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

Pepperdine

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Regretting is an insult to oneself
Buglord

Dabir posted:

Where did he get his medical license anyway

I think he's one of those old timey "doctors", with like the leeches and the cocaine and the leeches that are on cocaine.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ZCKaiser
Feb 13, 2014

GlyphGryph posted:

What's the best video game where its set in a dream

Eternal Sonata, set largely in the dying dream of Frederick Chopin.