Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mordiceius
Nov 10, 2007

If you think calling me names is gonna get a rise out me, think again. I like my life as an idiot!

Endorph posted:

she probably isnt going to be a great overworld unit, in the same way hu tao isnt, she cant be be healed.

Ah. Unfortunately. Well, I'm not in one of my "return to Genshin" moods yet anyway, so I guess that isn't a big issue. I'll just pass on her.

With my teams as they are, it is hard to justify a new pull unless they're both amazing aesthetically and someone I'll regularly use.

I'm not going to just collect a bunch of people to permanently bench them.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Note Block
May 14, 2007

nothing could fit so perfectly inside

Fun Shoe
Debase yourself and return to Genshin

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

Note Block posted:

Debase yourself and return to Genshin

MoonCrab
Nov 19, 2014

A mildly pertubed emoji face
Personally I think Arle is gonna be an actually pretty good overworld unit. Arle doesn't need to wait for her marks to level up in AoE fights. Usually every encounter is a small clump of mobs so you just skill -> charge -> attack until dead. Your skill will be back when you get to the next fight and you might even be able to carry some meter over. You are probably gonna need to run Zhongli or one of the shield cats but in overworld it's not that big a deal (+ the shield cats have some overworld utility anyway). And I seem to recall that her wing mode is almost exactly equivalent to a C0 Yelan using her skill off cooldown so that's pretty good.

I'd give her... a 8/10. Where 10/10 is like Lost Prayers Xianyun and 1/10 is... I dunno. Spread dps Kaveh or something.

Eimi
Nov 23, 2013

I will never log offshut up.

Her unable to be healed condition is also only in combat. Out of combat, she can be healed just fine.

Dr Kool-AIDS
Mar 26, 2004

I was really hyped for her a month ago, but unless the consensus ends up being that she's both really fun and good, I think I'm far enough into losing interest in the game again that I might just skip her and save the pulls for whatever character seems cool when I start playing again after I inevitably quit for a while again.

Eimi
Nov 23, 2013

Dr Kool-AIDS posted:

I was really hyped for her a month ago, but unless the consensus ends up being that she's both really fun and good, I think I'm far enough into losing interest in the game again that I might just skip her and save the pulls for whatever character seems cool when I start playing again after I inevitably quit for a while again.

I can understand that, Dehya really made it hard to care until Navia came out. I don't think Arle will be anywhere close to Dehya, her kit is very functional and deals a ton of damage. It's just play style that might be an issue.

Sanctum
Feb 14, 2005

Property was their religion
A church for one

Mordiceius posted:

While she's not in the game yet, what are the initial impressions of how goth girl plays? Am I only on the road to disappointment like I was with Dehya?
Hu Tao is already in the game :confused:

mycot
Oct 23, 2014

"It's okay. There are other Terminators! Just give us this one!"
Hell Gem
Spent some blue fates that I had accumulated and got Charlotte. Is there any case where she's worth using over Diona, who I've been using so far? I don't have Furina unfortunately.

bagrada
Aug 4, 2007

The Demogorgon is tired of your silly human bickering!

Oops my A team is hitting friendship 10 and I don't have the B team ready to take over yet. Guess I better get cracking this weekend. I think I can swap them in for turn ins for daily commissions etc

Mailer
Nov 4, 2009

Have you accepted The Void as your lord and savior?

bagrada posted:

Oops my A team is hitting friendship 10 and I don't have the B team ready to take over yet. Guess I better get cracking this weekend. I think I can swap them in for turn ins for daily commissions etc

Yup. One of the big advantages of the new rewards-count-as-commissions system is you can do your daily questing/collecting with one group and swap to the friendship group to claim and turn in. There is unfortunately not a similar workaround for resin spending outside of non-domain world bosses.

Danakir
Feb 10, 2014
You can also do the workaround with leylines.

MoonCrab
Nov 19, 2014

mycot posted:

Spent some blue fates that I had accumulated and got Charlotte. Is there any case where she's worth using over Diona, who I've been using so far?

:eng101:

mycot posted:

I don't have Furina unfortunately.

Nevermind. She mostly exists so you can use her+Furina instead of Shenhe+Kokomi in freeze teams (or as a solo cryo teams that like freeze as utility like Neuv/Furi/Flex).
But if you do get Furina, she's pretty decent at what she does.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

shes a catalyst and her plunge modifier is higher than wriothesley's so you can also use her in the greatest team of all time, charlotte/xianyun/bennett/xiangling plungemelt. its not very good but it is decent and it is very funny.

SiKboy
Oct 28, 2007

Oh no!😱

Short web event, click a couple of text boxes, get 40 primos.

https://x.com/GenshinImpact/status/1781172121978200268

Rabbit Hill
Mar 11, 2009

God knows what lives in me in place of me.
Grimey Drawer

Tuxedo Catfish posted:

I love the Childe's little brother quest but not because it makes Childe look better. It just makes him look stupid, when previously there was some room to wonder if maybe it was all an act, which is hilarious.
:hmmyes: You get it.

mycot
Oct 23, 2014

Hell Gem

SiKboy posted:

This one is even less of a game than usual but I dig the Darkest Dungeon art style.

MoonCrab posted:

Nevermind. She mostly exists so you can use her+Furina instead of Shenhe+Kokomi in freeze teams (or as a solo cryo teams that like freeze as utility like Neuv/Furi/Flex).

Endorph posted:

shes a catalyst and her plunge modifier is higher than wriothesley's so you can also use her in the greatest team of all time, charlotte/xianyun/bennett/xiangling plungemelt. its not very good but it is decent and it is very funny.
Ah well, I guess she's going on the shelf for now but I'm glad she's around at least.

ninjoatse.cx
Apr 9, 2005

Fun Shoe
I think Arle will be fine in the overworld. Hu Tao's problems in the overworld iareher skill cooldowns (she kills stuff really quickly, then has to wait for it to come back up) and the fact that her burst heals far too much (she wants to always be at low health).

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

HA! HA! NICE! WHAT A TOOL!

Tuxedo Catfish posted:

I love the Childe's little brother quest but not because it makes Childe look better. It just makes him look stupid, when previously there was some room to wonder if maybe it was all an act, which is hilarious.
I think it's actually pretty well plotted. It communicates that Childe has mixed feelings about his own loss of innocence while never being able to admit it himself. But it made me sit through the long rear end life is beautiful fatui scene because I didnt have the right elements for the soldiers it spawned and I was pissweak in 1.1 and I'm still mad about it three and a half years later.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Holy poo poo there are so many good features coming in 4.6. I might actually get to work making all those teapot sets for my characters now that I won't have scroll down the entire list anymore.

Machado de Assis
Dec 12, 2005

MoonCrab posted:

:eng101:

o hey this is where I'm at after pulling for ayaka, been using her+furina+charlotte+kazuha for a freeze team. Works pretty well, but would shenhe and/or kokomi slot into this setup as meaningful upgrades if I don't intend to use furina elsewhere? how does it compare to a neuv+furina+charlotte+x team, and what would be the best bang for buck for x?

Eimi
Nov 23, 2013

Neuv is incredibly powerful and he's going to out damage and outcomfort pretty much every other hypercarry in the game right now.

Ayaka can use Furina just great. Shenhe/Ayaka/Furina/Jean or Xianyun is a great team. Of course the old standard is Shenhe/Ayaka/Kokomi/Kazuha and that's still decent, but requires more investment in your Ayaka these days than it did in 2.x

ninjoatse.cx
Apr 9, 2005

Fun Shoe

RareAcumen posted:

Holy poo poo there are so many good features coming in 4.6. I might actually get to work making all those teapot sets for my characters now that I won't have scroll down the entire list anymore.

There's so much weird tedium, too. Like when you go to place things, i drops you off in a part of the teapot scene instead of where you were. Looking up furniture is such a pain in the rear end.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

SiKboy posted:

Oh, so I guess she is a little crazy after all.

MoonCrab
Nov 19, 2014

Machado de Assis posted:

o hey this is where I'm at after pulling for ayaka, been using her+furina+charlotte+kazuha for a freeze team. Works pretty well, but would shenhe and/or kokomi slot into this setup as meaningful upgrades if I don't intend to use furina elsewhere? how does it compare to a neuv+furina+charlotte+x team, and what would be the best bang for buck for x?

Right now Ayaka's in kind of a weird spot where all her teams are pretty much the same, power wise. Shenhe, Furina, Kazuha, pick two. The one you don't pick gets replaced by Charlotte, Kokomi, Jean/Xianyun (but plunging with Ayaka felt terrible when I tried it so she's just "anemo healer" here). Super duper honest, instead of wiggling her team around you're probably better off getting Neuvillette, and then you can play:

-Neuvillette/Furina/Kazuha/Charlotte when you just need general purpose blasting. It's effortless and extremely effective. Kazuha is generally the best option.
-Ayaka/Furina/Kazuha/Charlotte when you want to run a freeze team specifically, then you run Neuvillette with whatever other units you have lying around. His ability to make good use out of mediocre supports is his biggest strength as an onfielder, you won't struggle to find a team for him.

But if you're super into Ayaka teams and still wanna get someone, I'd recommend Shenhe over Kokomi. That way if you ever need to pull Furina or Kazuha into another team you can just run Ayaka/Shenhe/Charlotte with the whichever one is left. Even if you miss out on VV/freeze, the team still preforms decently. Kokomi is a pretty medium pull for cryo teams nowadays; she's better as a driver for stuff like Nilou/hyperbloom/taser/mono hydro.

SiKboy
Oct 28, 2007

Oh no!😱

I think "Project baby" must be the last Sumeru commission I'm missing an achievement for, based on the fact I've been given that commission pretty much every other day for the last month. Which makes it kind of aggravating that it just wont give me the rock slide version which is the last one I need to do. I've had the fungi version I think twice, the tree climbing version once, and every single other attempt has been either smashing pots or thorns. Not helped by the fact that its got a surprising amount of dialogue to click through (including 2 "it makes no difference which you pick" replies so you cant even just set it on autoplay and come back in a minute) before you can even find out which version you've got that day (its the thorns again, isnt it?).

In theory the game prioritising commissions with outstanding achievements is an improvement, but man, after a month of daily Project Baby I'm starting to think its not.

Excelzior
Jun 24, 2013

SiKboy posted:

I think "Project baby" must be the last Sumeru commission I'm missing an achievement for, based on the fact I've been given that commission pretty much every other day for the last month. Which makes it kind of aggravating that it just wont give me the rock slide version which is the last one I need to do. I've had the fungi version I think twice, the tree climbing version once, and every single other attempt has been either smashing pots or thorns. Not helped by the fact that its got a surprising amount of dialogue to click through (including 2 "it makes no difference which you pick" replies so you cant even just set it on autoplay and come back in a minute) before you can even find out which version you've got that day (its the thorns again, isnt it?).

In theory the game prioritising commissions with outstanding achievements is an improvement, but man, after a month of daily Project Baby I'm starting to think its not.

it took me several weeks to get the Fungi version I needed

then the last two weeks were non-stop eating with Jafar until I finally got the shawarma version

I still think I prefer this to the cycle theory we needed to do beforehand

MoonCrab
Nov 19, 2014

Even with the new system I've only gotten that commission once, and it was a version that didn't even have an extra item. Suffering...
At least I've gone from sick Anna all the way to Anna the adventurer in that timeframe :unsmith:

Anyway, I've been out of the loop but apparently theres some sort of new challenge, the 10 sided abyss...thingy. You gotta make 10 team with no overlapping characters, as if there were some sort of hypothetical abyss with 10 sides. Seems pretty fun! After some amount of thinking, which was probably (definitively) way too much, I came up with this:

Some thoughts:

This list would look a lot different if there were 3 Bennetts like we have 3 Xingqius
This list would look a lot different if there were even more Xingqius. Not sure how many would be too many. Maybe 8-10?
The first team I made was just Neuvillette all alone. After 9 teams worth of "I'll save Kazuha and Zhongli for later, they're too useful to spend this early," he ended up getting both of them :effort:
You could easily make at least 2 more teams I think. Separate the cryos into classic Morgana and Shenhe mono-cryo, pull some units around to make an anemo-driven aggravate team with Fischl+Beidou. Maybe some jank hyperbloom team, too.
Despite having a dedicated dps and dedicated combination buffer+healer, at no point did I consider making a physical team lol

MoonCrab
Nov 19, 2014

Immediately regret my words and deeds. I forgot that Layla+Bennett makes Benny occasionally energy deficient 😔

Lets do... Dehya over Layla.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

i did it while banning what i consider the top two units of every element

i forgot to give the wriothesley team a 4th unit, give them uhhh qiqi i guess?

thoughts:

team 1 (lisa/dmc/barbs/collei): totally functional but might need high end artifacts to get a 3* clear
team 2 (yoi/yanfei/yae/chevreuse): this is just a good team
team 3 (alhaitham/dori/yaoyao/ayato): you wont get that many hyperblooms but hyperbloom is so busted that itll still be fine
team 4 (navia/rosaria/yunjin/layla): navia hypercarry team so it mostly depends on her artifacts
team 5 (eula/kuki/yelan/kirara): also hyperbloom, but youll actually get a good amount. eula might occasionally do phys damage also
team 6 (itto/albedo/gorou/kokomi): its geo
team 7 (hu tao/sayu/furina/candace): this is also just a decent team
team 8 (lyney/dehya/amber/xinyan): nobody but lyney is doing anything so just give them literally anything that gives him a buff, like noblesse or meltlith or w/e
team 9 (wriothesley/shenhe/lynette/qiqi): this also a totally fine team
team 10 (wanderer/faruzan/mika/thoma): also totally fine

Nakar
Sep 2, 2002

Ultima Ratio Regum

Endorph posted:

i forgot to give the wriothesley team a 4th unit, give them uhhh qiqi i guess?
Childe can sit there just existing and buffing Wriothesley's NAs.

mycot
Oct 23, 2014

Hell Gem
I think the most underappreciated aspect of Neuvilette is that his laser can be aimed slightly upwards, unlike most skills which are defeated from an incline of a few degrees.

Tuxedo Catfish
Mar 17, 2007

You've got guts! Come to my village, I'll buy you lunch.

mycot posted:

I think the most underappreciated aspect of Neuvilette is that his laser can be aimed slightly upwards, unlike most skills which are defeated from an incline of a few degrees.

i appreciate it. more non-archer heroes should have attacks that orient to the camera instead of homing to the nearest enemy

MoonCrab
Nov 19, 2014

Endorph posted:

i did it while banning what i consider the top two units of every element

Super interesting. I think I'll, not read the post, and try to do my own version

Lets see...

Tampa Bae
Aug 23, 2021

Please, this is all I have

MoonCrab posted:

Even with the new system I've only gotten that commission once, and it was a version that didn't even have an extra item. Suffering...
At least I've gone from sick Anna all the way to Anna the adventurer in that timeframe :unsmith:

Anyway, I've been out of the loop but apparently theres some sort of new challenge, the 10 sided abyss...thingy. You gotta make 10 team with no overlapping characters, as if there were some sort of hypothetical abyss with 10 sides. Seems pretty fun! After some amount of thinking, which was probably (definitively) way too much, I came up with this:
This challenge is literally just how I play the game. I'll use characters until they're friendship lvl 10 then swap them out. Sometimes it works out good when I pull good characters in consecutive patches. Sometimes it doesn't and I get stuck with a C4 keqing that I loathed playing

Machado de Assis
Dec 12, 2005

MoonCrab posted:

Right now Ayaka's in kind of a weird spot where all her teams are pretty much the same, power wise. Shenhe, Furina, Kazuha, pick two. The one you don't pick gets replaced by Charlotte, Kokomi, Jean/Xianyun (but plunging with Ayaka felt terrible when I tried it so she's just "anemo healer" here). Super duper honest, instead of wiggling her team around you're probably better off getting Neuvillette, and then you can play:

-Neuvillette/Furina/Kazuha/Charlotte when you just need general purpose blasting. It's effortless and extremely effective. Kazuha is generally the best option.
-Ayaka/Furina/Kazuha/Charlotte when you want to run a freeze team specifically, then you run Neuvillette with whatever other units you have lying around. His ability to make good use out of mediocre supports is his biggest strength as an onfielder, you won't struggle to find a team for him.

But if you're super into Ayaka teams and still wanna get someone, I'd recommend Shenhe over Kokomi. That way if you ever need to pull Furina or Kazuha into another team you can just run Ayaka/Shenhe/Charlotte with the whichever one is left. Even if you miss out on VV/freeze, the team still preforms decently. Kokomi is a pretty medium pull for cryo teams nowadays; she's better as a driver for stuff like Nilou/hyperbloom/taser/mono hydro.

I did in fact pull a Neuvilette which I'm currently doing my time in the artifact mines for, although I'm not going to manage a C1 for him this time around it seems. How much of a deal is having a shielder for C0 neuv teams, I could run him with Layla or Zhongli. Also picked up a Jean along the way, which I gather pairs nicely with neuv/furina teams?

Tuxedo Catfish
Mar 17, 2007

You've got guts! Come to my village, I'll buy you lunch.

Machado de Assis posted:

I did in fact pull a Neuvilette which I'm currently doing my time in the artifact mines for, although I'm not going to manage a C1 for him this time around it seems. How much of a deal is having a shielder for C0 neuv teams, I could run him with Layla or Zhongli. Also picked up a Jean along the way, which I gather pairs nicely with neuv/furina teams?

Neuv / Furina / [electro off-field DPS, ideally Fischl] / Jean is fantastic, it's what I did for a long time until I got Kazuha

Danakir
Feb 10, 2014

Machado de Assis posted:

It's nice and comfy, but Neuv is exceptionally mobile while doing his damage so provided you're willing to use that then it's not necessary. That said in some teams, Zhongli might realistically be your best 4th slot. Jean/Neuv/Furina/Zhongli is a perfectly fine team. Although you can get away with using Kazuha if you're willing to use Prototype Amber on Neuv. It might not seem like it but that healing combined with all the bonus healing you get from Furina's passive being triggered by Neuvillette overhealing is often enough to get the ball rolling almost indefinitely.

Tampa Bae
Aug 23, 2021

Please, this is all I have
I still stand by that Lynette is sneakily good for Neuvillette because her burst swirls whatever element was there first and it's an immortal taunt that sticks around long enough you can get a little bit of distance while gliding around. When I was using her I had whichever constalation gave her a second E charge too so her ult was up pretty much off cooldown

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MoonCrab
Nov 19, 2014

A hellish restriction. Practically walterwhitefalling.gif-ing just thinking about losing a single Xingqiu or dendro applicator. But in the end I came up with... this:

First thought: we didn't ban the same units, oops. I will present my defense!

Furina vs Xingqiu: Honestly, not even really that surprised. I banned Furi thinking that even tho her raw reaction-enabling utility was lower than XQ's, Furi "unlocked" more mediocre units (all the lovely healers pretty much). Since in the end it involved replacing a mediocre Hu Tao team with another mediocre Hu Tao team I think this shouldn't be an issue..?

Navia vs Chiori: I just plain think Navia is better. She's like a mini-Neuvillette, in that she can carry a team by herself with only 2 mediocre filler units + a filler geo. I can see how Chiori+Albedo would be too effective as filler in this sort of challenge but instead of using her to patch up a weaker team I just used her to make the mono-geo team everyone would submit slightly more mono. I won't fight about it too much tho
Congrats to geo for finally getting 3(wow!) uncontroversially decent units after only 3 years!

Ganyu vs Shenhe: Gonna be super honest you could replace either one with the other in either of the spots we used them and the team would be pretty much the same lol

Other than that, I wanna defend some, somewhat dubious choices.

Every team that has a dendro+cryo: I think cryo sucks hard and the only real way it could be useful is to enable the fridge effect for the kinda lovely dendro enablers that are left. It's legit, I swear.

Team 2: If you give Lisa proto amber + ER sands + nothing but ER substats + 2Fates/2Exile, I'm pretty sure you can use her as a def-shred utility electro without too much fuss, probably. I didn't actually test this so everyone feel free to own me hard about it

Team 6: This Kaveh is like, a non-bursting EM/EM/EM deepwood skillbot. He pops in during Alhaitham's split rotation and tries to feed him particles while not stealing the few cores that Candace makes. No idea if it works, never gonna try. If it does I'm sure the masses would love to know that there's a functioning(?) team that features both of them lol

MoonCrab fucked around with this message at 03:03 on Apr 22, 2024