Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Moon Slayer
Jun 19, 2007

AITAH for breaking up with my bf after he allegedly helped my drunk friend at the club?

quote:

I’m not a clubbing kind of girl. My bf loves clubbing a lot. I’ve gone to a few clubs with him but I usually let him do his thing because it wasn’t fun at all for me.

My friend Alyssa is also a clubber. She’s usually there like 4-5 times a week, which is crazy to me.

So last weekend I went over to my bf’s apartment and I found Alyssa sleeping in his bed with my bf not in the apartment.

I have a key to his apartment and was supposed to go over there at 11 but I was a bit early.

When I woke her up she told me it wasn’t what it looked like. She said she just got really drunk and may have been drugged and my bf let her crash because the club was close to his apartment.

My bf came back home and he also scrambled to say it wasn’t what it looked like. He said they couldn’t take her to the hospital because she couldn’t afford and she had drugs in her system.

He swore he slept on the couch.

Honestly they were tripping over themselves to explain that it wasn’t what it seemed.

I don’t believe them. So I broke up with my bf.

Now our friends are begging me to give a second chance and saying my bf was a good guy.

AITAH?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mystes
May 31, 2006

That appears to be from a couple years after the reddit story

Ominous Jazz
Jun 15, 2011

Big D is chillin' over here
Wasteland style
If my friend had an experience like that at the club and was crashing at my place because of it. The first people to find out would be everybody I know who goes clubbing, including my gf!

CannonFodder
Jan 26, 2001

Passion’s Wrench

DoubleNegative posted:

The one that lives rent free in my head is the guy who was adamant that upon being adopted, children will magically get the DNA of their adoptive father.
This is pages and pages ago, and may have been referenced, but I just think about the guy who thinks when a woman is having twins it takes 18 months, one after the other.

Shanghaied
Oct 12, 2004

BIG PAD

John Wick of Dogs posted:

People get loving weird about vegan food.

I had an employee who was leaving because he had to move and he was vegan, customarily when someone is leaving on good terms I buy lunch for the entire team. For him I bought lunch from a vegan restaurant. He and 2 other people on the team are Hindu and vegan. Another guy is Muslim and often eats vegan because it is easier to get food that meets halal standards. But I had like three or four people complaining to me that they couldn't eat vegan food. I'm like "Look at the menu! This is French fries! This is green beans! This is a chocolate chip cookie! This is roast cauliflower with seasoning!" Like there was so much stuff on there they literally eat all the time but they refuse because it is labeled vegan.

It's because completely banal things have been politicised into wedge issues, creating political cleavage (i.e. us vs. them) where there was none. They've been propagandised to unwittingly do culture war.

It's like when some years back an Australian dairy company put a small halal label on their milk packaging, and people lost their poo poo lmao. The company was like "our milk has always been halal, you actually have to go out of your way to make milk haram, all we did was change the design of the packaging?"

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

mystes posted:

That appears to be from a couple years after the reddit story

lmao look at this goober who has never hearda wormholes smhd

Call Your Grandma
Jan 17, 2010

ahh so definitely nta then

artsy fartsy
May 10, 2014

You'll be ahead instead of behind. Hello!

BrigadierSensible posted:

And the "you have to pay us back for the gift we gave you" cousin is just as bad or worse.

Husbands suggestion of going NC doesn't go far enough. This fuckwit needs to be bear-trapped.

I wish OP had made a concrete block full of nails and glass and cat turds and then gave it to fuckwit and said "your money's inside"

Nocheez
Sep 5, 2000

Can you spare a little cheddar?
Nap Ghost

CannonFodder posted:

This is pages and pages ago, and may have been referenced, but I just think about the guy who thinks when a woman is having twins it takes 18 months, one after the other.

I thought he assumed it would take twice as long because of "limited resources" or something that makes sense on an assembly line but not in biology.

Hughlander
May 11, 2005

Nocheez posted:

I thought he assumed it would take twice as long because of "limited resources" or something that makes sense on an assembly line but not in biology.

I posted it in the last dozen or so pages (Thread moved fast this week.) But he was claiming it was simple maths and it was up to the poster to show something otherwise, I mean 1 baby = 9 months, 2 baby is 1+1 = 18 months. That's just how math works!

Mordiceius posted:

One time, my wife and I took her mother out to a relatively nice Italian restaurant in the city - since she's from rural Alabama and has hardly tried anything.

MIL (to my wife): What are you getting?
Wife: The gnocchi. It's filled with spinach and ricotta.
MIL: Okay I'll get that too.

Food arrives. Wife and I are enjoying food. MIL makes a dissatisfied face. "There's no meat in this?!"

Some people cannot fathom having a meal without meat.

I like to believe that being from Alabama there was just the assumption that it was cooked in Pork Lard and served with Bacon and so it wasn't worth vocalizing in the explanation.

Butter Activities
May 4, 2018

https://voca.ro/16NdnZIFs0d4

Someone’s parrot learned a new song

Arsenic Lupin
Apr 12, 2012

This particularly rapid💨 unintelligible 😖patter💁 isn't generally heard🧏‍♂️, and if it is🤔, it doesn't matter💁.

Dear Miss Manners: My 29-year-old, fully independent daughter recently told me that she does not wish to hear negative comments from me: “If you can’t say something nice, don’t say anything at all.”

quote:

I am the retired senior director of a large multimillion-dollar firm with two postgraduate degrees. I successfully managed hundreds of employees over the years and undertook extensive, complaint-free personnel management, staff development and mentoring. I have a forthright personality and am used to speaking my mind directly with family, due to years of having to be politically correct in the office. I raised my daughter to be a strong, successful career woman. I am at a loss now that I must be politically correct all the time.

I know you will probably tell me I am in the wrong, but as I am now in my late 60s, I am tired of having to self-censor. I have done it for so many years and in so many professional and social settings. My daughter was one of my only “filter-free” outlets. Do I just suck it up, smile, shut my mouth and stop being me? Or do I need to pay a therapist to listen to my invective?

quote:

Not wanting to be a punching bag for bottled-up negativity, Miss Manners notes, hardly qualifies as censorship. Perhaps your daughter is so successful because she learned from you how to maintain cordial business relationships. Now she is doing you one better by recognizing that family deserves the same respect, if not — brace yourself — even more.

Dear Miss Manners, I have been forced to be polite and accepting all my life, when really I longed to be racist. My daughter doesn't want to listen to my being racist. Tell me I'm being wronged.

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

You mess with the crabbo...

Aw drat, just when I was looking forward to enjoying a long retirement racisming in peace :negative:

Rescue Toaster
Mar 13, 2003
Man you guys are always so quick to jump to racism.

They could be a massive bigoted piece of poo poo about LGBTQ stuff instead you know.

Qylvaran
Mar 28, 2010

Hughlander posted:

I posted it in the last dozen or so pages (Thread moved fast this week.) But he was claiming it was simple maths and it was up to the poster to show something otherwise, I mean 1 baby = 9 months, 2 baby is 1+1 = 18 months. That's just how math works!

It's just like how 9 women working together can produce a baby in 1 month.

limp_cheese
Sep 10, 2007

Nothing to see here. Move along.

Everyone is assuming it's racism or bigotry, but what about daughter just doesn't want her mom to criticize and second guess everything the daughter does?

Could also be her being grandkid crazy and won't stop bugging her daughter.

I know "politically correct" makes it sound like it is bigotry but that seems to be a catch all term now for boomers that means "How dare someone tell me I can't talk about something!"

ApplesandOranges
Jun 22, 2012

Thankee kindly.

Rescue Toaster posted:

Man you guys are always so quick to jump to racism.

They could be a massive bigoted piece of poo poo about LGBTQ stuff instead you know.

I'm not sure I've yet met a single homophobic person that wasn't racist in some way.

DreamingofRoses
Jun 27, 2013
Nap Ghost

limp_cheese posted:

Everyone is assuming it's racism or bigotry, but what about daughter just doesn't want her mom to criticize and second guess everything the daughter does?

I know "politically correct" makes it sound like it is bigotry but that seems to be a catch all term now for boomers that means "How dare someone tell me I can't talk about something!"

Am I missing something? The post doesn’t seem to indicate which parent letter writer is.

mystes
May 31, 2006

Arsenic Lupin posted:

Dear Miss Manners: My 29-year-old, fully independent daughter recently told me that she does not wish to hear negative comments from me: “If you can’t say something nice, don’t say anything at all.”
"My daughter doesn't want to be forced to be my therapist. Do I have to pay for an actual therapist now? Surely that's unfair, right?"

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

limp_cheese posted:

It's just an easy way to make a quick joke, whether or not that's their exact problem. I wouldn't doubt that they're critical of the daughter too, but the comments about having to "self-censor" and such at home made me jump right to them having Opinions they want to express about Other People.

Pantaloon Pontiff
Jun 25, 2023

Moon Slayer posted:

AITAH for breaking up with my bf after he allegedly helped my drunk friend at the club?

This seems like another one of those where if you didn't try to explain it, you'd be fine. Like if Alyssa is just crashed at BF's place when he's not there, wakes up, and says something normal, it reads like she just crashed there from being drunk/tired/drugged. Or if BF texted 'FYI, Alyssa is crashing at my place' instead of keeping it a secret. But when Alyssa gets spotted in his bed, then jumps up in a panic and immediately begins loudly explaining 'this looks like we were sleeping together, but we weren't, let me give an explanation that includes an unprovable assertion (the drugging) that we can say you're victim blaming if you doubt' it makes it pretty clear that it is actually what it looks like.

Also these "Now our friends are begging me to give a second chance and saying my bf was a good guy." are just so weird to me. I can't imagine a whole group of friends insisting that I put my dating life up to their vote, or begging me to be in a particular relationship, or whatever they're doing.

mystes
May 31, 2006

limp_cheese posted:

Yeah it's not clear if it's actually bigotry or just constant complaining about everything but either way it sucks for the daughter

odiv
Jan 12, 2003

DreamingofRoses posted:

Am I missing something? The post doesn’t seem to indicate which parent letter writer is.
Which parent? Uh oh.

SulfurMonoxideCute
Feb 9, 2008

I was under direct orders not to die
🐵❌💀

Vegan food is a dumb culture war/identity politics topic and they're mad that if they eat something labeled vegan it's going to make them gay and trans and feminist and communist.

Biplane
Jul 18, 2005

Vegan is good because it reminds me of Vegeta.

limp_cheese
Sep 10, 2007

Nothing to see here. Move along.

DreamingofRoses posted:

You're right. For some reason when they mention their daughter becoming a strong and successful woman I inferred "Like me."

Fatty
Sep 13, 2004
Not really fat
I know we're past classic thread moments, but does anyone have the link to the John the Baptist/Jesus Christ song? That was an all-timer.

Cloacamazing!
Apr 18, 2018

Too cute to be evil
Found it by remembering the iconic line Baptizing with water:

Song I am writing

quote:

Hi I 21(f) am getting into writing biblical songs. I am writing one about John the baptised. Here it is so

John the Baptist, a voice in the wilderness, John the Baptist, oh John the Baptist oooo yeahh Baptizing with water, repentance his call, John the Baptist, oh John the Baptist ooooo yeahhh Pointing to Jesus, the Savior of all.

Jesus the savoir of all John is his mate and all, But Jesus is the only one, Yeah Jesus is the only one who can saveeee Yeah ooo yeahhh Jesus is the only one who can save

If you have any feedback let me know as I want to perform this song at my wedding if it is ready in time. Thank you

ooo yeahhh

Fatty
Sep 13, 2004
Not really fat
Thanks, remembering that helped me find the rendition.

https://whyp.it/tracks/137259/j-the-b?token=tUPee

Edit: Sorry, credit to Rat Patrol.

Butter Activities
May 4, 2018

Cloacamazing! posted:

Found it by remembering the iconic line Baptizing with water:

Song I am writing

ooo yeahhh

My loving playlist had 3 songs now

ApplesandOranges
Jun 22, 2012

Thankee kindly.
My husbands friends Gf claimed my husband was cheating with her.

quote:

I am 34F married to 38M. We have 2 kids ages 13 and 11. This is going to be a weird one, I'm sorry, but I need some advice.

I met my husband when I was 18. He and I both liked to run and we met at a 5k fundraiser our town put on. They do it every year and have like booths and different things for entertainment and stuff. The entire race we were mostly racing each other and it was a lot of fun. After that we walked around together to see all of the booths. We got something to eat and spent a few hours talking. I don't think we've spent more than a few days apart since then.

We for the most part have a great relationship. I've never suspected him of anything. He has never done anything for me to suspect him of anything. Dude is pretty much an angel. He is the type of guy that doesn't ever lose his temper. He is sweet and kind and loving. He is also a fantastic father.

Anyway he works at a papermill. He's been there for several years. He has a friend there who is dating a lady we will call R (25ish F). R is a little too friendly towards my husband when they come over but my husband brushes her off. He is very oblivious to advances.

I got a txt message from R. She sent me a dick pic and claimed my husband was cheating with her. The problem is my husband has a bit of a crooked dick.... I know his D when I see it, I've been using it for a very long time. She clearly doesn't know that and it wasn't him. I mean you can claim angles change the look or whatever to make someone think it's someone else's d but the curve can't be covered easily. It wasn't even the right size or shade or anything. It was very obvious she's never seen my husband's d.

Obviously I texted my husband and sent him screenshots. I wanted him to know what was going on and I didn't really know how to handle the situation. My husband told his friend and his friend claimed family emergency and left for the day.

Well apparently his friends girlfriend claims I am making it up to break them up and it's a whole thing. His friend was really being an A hole over the phone towards both me and my husband and my husband got into it with him over that. My husband is on my side. He saw the screen shots and has seen the texts himself when he got home. He also knows I wouldn't make up something so weird.

Anyway his friend is wanting to come over and see the texts for himself. However he was being an a hole so I don't want anything else to do with this situation.

Husband thinks I should just show him the texts and then he can do whatever from there. My husband would be there and the guy would behave toward me. Husband also said he could show the guy his D ( in photo) if asked to prove it's not him.

I'm not sure though. This whole thing is super weird and I'm still mad about the way he spoke to me.

Tdlr- my husband's friends Gf texted me claiming to have slept with my husband but the picture isn't him. I texted it to my husband and he told his friend but the friend got mad at me. He wants to see the texts now but he was an A hole and I don't want anything else to do with this situation.

Edit- I'm not super comfortable with having a man who threatened me at my house but my husband and I agree with most of the comments, thanks everyone. He's just going to take my phone to work with him tomorrow and show his friend the messages and leave his phone with me so I will have a way to get in touch with people. I have nudes of him if he needs to prove it's not him in person.

r/relationships: I know his D when I see it, I've been using it for a very long time

big black turnout
Jan 13, 2009

Fallen Rib

Qylvaran posted:

It's just like how 9 women working together can produce a baby in 1 month.

The fabled spirit womb

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

ApplesandOranges posted:

r/relationships: I know his D when I see it, I've been using it for a very long time

well it was a good plan otherwise

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

ApplesandOranges posted:

Twist: the husband's obliviousness was a ruse all along, and he's actually masterminded the perfect plan to pull off the affair

Cloacamazing!
Apr 18, 2018

Too cute to be evil
He pretended to have a crooked dick for twenty years, just so he could never be caught sending extramarital dick pics!

CaptainViolence
Apr 19, 2006

I'M GONNA GET YOU DUCK

a real Pecker Söze

Midnight Voyager
Jul 2, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
He wears one of those sleeves that one post was trying to advertise, but only for his affair partner and her dick pics.

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

Cloacamazing! posted:

He pretended to have a crooked dick for twenty years, just so he could never be caught sending extramarital dick pics!

I, too, remember the Prestige porn parody

AceClown
Sep 11, 2005

Butter Activities posted:

My loving playlist had 3 songs now

CBAT
Oooh John the Baptist
Worm music

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Biplane
Jul 18, 2005