Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

T.C.
Feb 10, 2004

Believe.
I heavily disagree with this ad that implies that I want you to break my fence so we can drink Molson together

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Damn it, this always happens. I think I'm gonna score, and then I never score. It's not fair.

Wedge Regret

T.C. posted:

I think you mean imagine if it goes to six OTs

Let’s save that for a game that didn’t start at 10 PM EST. Just one or two will suffice for now.

Red Red Blue
Feb 11, 2007

fartknocker posted:

Let’s save that for a game that didn’t start at 10 PM EST. Just one or two will suffice for now.

whats the point of going multiple OT if you aren't up at 3 am watching hockey

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

YES BITCH

💙💚

aejix
Sep 18, 2007

It's about finding that next group of core players we can win with in the next 6, 8, 10 years. Let's face it, it's hard for 20-, 21-, 22-year-olds to lead an NHL team. Look at the playoffs.

That quote is from fucking 2018. Fuck you Jim
Pillbug
Awwww yissss

Saros should stop that really

kaom
Jan 20, 2007

:siren: YES

T.C.
Feb 10, 2004

Believe.
Man that shouldn't have worked.

fisting by many
Dec 25, 2009

Let's go! :siren:

kaom
Jan 20, 2007

I do NOT want to hear this trivia about how we’ve been sucking, stop!!

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Damn it, this always happens. I think I'm gonna score, and then I never score. It's not fair.

Wedge Regret

Red Red Blue posted:

whats the point of going multiple OT if you aren't up at 3 am watching hockey

I’m too old and broken for that poo poo, although last year it did lead to this

T.C.
Feb 10, 2004

Believe.

kaom posted:

I do NOT want to hear this trivia about how we’ve been sucking, stop!!

The canucks have always lost at playoffs, therefore statistically...

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

I got robitussin nighttime in me so it’s a matter of time before I pass out

kaom
Jan 20, 2007

No trip?!

T.C.
Feb 10, 2004

Believe.
Canucks got away with some light boarding, so I guess all is fair?

kaom
Jan 20, 2007

T.C. posted:

The canucks have always lost at playoffs, therefore statistically...

So we’re overdue :colbert: I’ll take late over never, it’s fine.

Wippersnapper
Nov 1, 2003

Stealing your favourite hockey teams
...in spirit.
That was probably not an icing call but hey.

Mike Works
Feb 26, 2003

T.C. posted:

I heavily disagree with this ad that implies that I want you to break my fence so we can drink Molson together
Nothing is as egregious as the ad telling Canadian hockey fans that we should all actively cheer for each other’s teams to break the Canadian Stanley Cup drought. Legitimately zero hockey fans were focus tested for that abomination.

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

Piss

heehee
Sep 5, 2012

haha wow i cant believe how lucky we got to win :D
he whacked da glove ref!

kaom
Jan 20, 2007

:same:

Mike Works posted:

Nothing is as egregious as the ad telling Canadian hockey fans that we should all actively cheer for each other’s teams to break the Canadian Stanley Cup drought. Legitimately zero hockey fans were focus tested for that abomination.

I mute all the ads so I haven’t seen this, lol what

Happy about the heritage minutes though.

Wippersnapper
Nov 1, 2003

...in spirit.

Mike Works posted:

I’ve had 2 people today tell me how they just want a Canadian team to win and I do not get it. If I can’t be happy I want no one to be so I will cheer for Florida whom I know no fans of.

T.C.
Feb 10, 2004

Believe.

Mike Works posted:

That whole concept makes me even less likely to want another Canadian team to win. Hearing about a Toronto Cup for the next thirty years would be annoying enough. Being consistently told that it was a victory for Canada would be insufferable.

Winnipeg's cool though. Unless Vancouver plays them.

Edit: and I know that the Sens doing well would be memory holed by the Canadian sports media, so I'm mostly indifferent. But screw all those other dudes

Wippersnapper
Nov 1, 2003

...in spirit.
As a Winnipeg resident who has been to almost every Vancouver game here and has never seen Vancouver win I assure you the Jets are the worst.

kaom
Jan 20, 2007

I’ve decided not to post any fighting words but

I’m not going to root for them.

Fake edit actually Jets are okay.

T.C. posted:

Unless Vancouver plays them.

VOTE1
Aug 23, 2007

Killed a penalty!

T.C.
Feb 10, 2004

Believe.

Wippersnapper posted:

As a Winnipeg resident who has been to almost every Vancouver game here and has never seen Vancouver win I assure you the Jets are the worst.

This is a valid grievance.

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

gently caress these refs

aejix
Sep 18, 2007

It's about finding that next group of core players we can win with in the next 6, 8, 10 years. Let's face it, it's hard for 20-, 21-, 22-year-olds to lead an NHL team. Look at the playoffs.

That quote is from fucking 2018. Fuck you Jim
Pillbug
I mean can't bitch about the refs too much when you're averaging like 6 shots a period and only goal you've gotten should've been a routine stop but still

T.C.
Feb 10, 2004

Believe.
Haha goalie fall down

Edit: I am a simple man

kaom
Jan 20, 2007

Please don’t take any more penalties in the third

:negative:

fisting by many
Dec 25, 2009

Officiating has been fine, good even for NHL playoff standards.

That was a good first ten minutes before Vancouver took a bunch of penalties, more of that please.

kaom
Jan 20, 2007

Noooooo

This call is weak…

Propaganda Hour
Aug 25, 2008

after editing wikipedia as a joke for 16 years, i ve convinced myself that homer simpson's japanese name translates to the "The beer goblin"
Nucks giving this game away

T.C.
Feb 10, 2004

Believe.
While technically tripping, that's a really picky call

VOTE1
Aug 23, 2007

kaom posted:

Noooooo

This call is weak…

It’s there, won’t get called in game 7, but Canucks getting out worked on the boards, that’s where these penalties are happening.

T.C.
Feb 10, 2004

Believe.
That's using your head!

VOTE1
Aug 23, 2007

Now that was a trip by the chaos giraffe

kaom
Jan 20, 2007

VOTE1 posted:

It’s there, won’t get called in game 7, but Canucks getting out worked on the boards, that’s where these penalties are happening.

Yeah it’s weak but not wrong

:negative:

T.C.
Feb 10, 2004

Believe.
Lol, can you turn something into interference if you decide to just stop carrying the puck.

"Ref I left the puck back there and he's still in my way"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kaom
Jan 20, 2007

YES