Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

McCloud
Oct 27, 2005

McCloud posted:

Lol, lmao if you think you can easily purchase train tickets for a trip across europe

Just for clarification, this is a hassle because each country has its own rail companies so you have to basically buy a ticket for each country you cross. So from spain to poland you’d have to buy a ticket from like spain - paris, then another from paris to berlin, then berlin to warsaw.

So no, one does not simply order one trans-european rail ticket, unless its some sort of queer circuit party

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018
I think sites like RailEurope will automatically bundle tickets for you rhough

checkplease
Aug 17, 2006

Smellrose
GPS also shows where cops are active if speeding is a concern, so also very simple.

Baron von Eevl
Jan 24, 2005

WHITE NOISE
GENERATOR

🔊😴
When I traveled through Germany, Switzerland and Italy via rail we just got tickets through Eurail and it was insanely easy. This was 20 years ago, so I dunno maybe it got worse.

YggdrasilTM
Nov 7, 2011

Failed Imagineer posted:

I think sites like RailEurope will automatically bundle tickets for you rhough

Yep. Basically You ask for, let's say, Madrid-Warsaw and you get you 5 tickets for around 3 days of travel in a single go.

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.
Europeans will rock up to New York and then be like, let's have a day trip to the Grand Canyon and swing by Disneyland on the way back, or to Sydney and legitimately try to do a day trip to Uluru.

FreudianSlippers
Apr 12, 2010

Shooting and Fucking
are the same thing!

The Peccadillo posted:

Europeans got no sense how big a place can be. Continental skeletons litter the world's deserts

People shouldn't be living in deserts. Not sensible. Makes much more sense to die in them.

The Peccadillo
Mar 4, 2013

We Have Important Work To Do
You live in a tundra

FreudianSlippers
Apr 12, 2010

Shooting and Fucking
are the same thing!

The Peccadillo posted:

You live in a tundra

Also not sensible.

The Peccadillo
Mar 4, 2013

What's the cosiest place?

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

ASK ME ABOUT MY
UNITED STATES MARINES
FUNKO POPS COLLECTION

The Peccadillo posted:

The Mediterranean?

The Peccadillo
Mar 4, 2013

Honsetly I'm feeling a dorky tundra like quebec

Mittens and poutin

The Peccadillo fucked around with this message at 18:14 on Apr 28, 2024

Truspeaker
Jan 28, 2009

The Peccadillo posted:

A treehouse with a nice view and a gentle breeze

The Peccadillo
Mar 4, 2013

You can't have a fireplace in a treehouse you're gonna die

The Peccadillo fucked around with this message at 18:30 on Apr 28, 2024

Schwarzwald
Jul 27, 2004

Don't Blink

The Peccadillo posted:

You can't have a fireplace in a treehouse you're gonna die

It's been a while but I feel fairly confident that A Swiss Family Robinson proves otherwise.

checkplease
Aug 17, 2006

Smellrose
Are they alive still?

Blood Boils
Dec 27, 2006

Its not an S, on my planet it means QUIPS
Depends on how much jerky they got out of all those dead pirates

therattle
Jul 24, 2007
Soiled Meat
Is Road Whores* any good?

*what a friend of my wife’s mistakenly called Drive Way Dolls

Gyro Zeppeli
Jul 19, 2012

sure hope no-one throws me off a bridge

Drive Away Dolls is pretty fun. Nothing hugely groundbreaking, but it hits all the crime caper and road movie beats.

I just watched Hundreds of Beavers earlier. That was loving fantastic, I can count on one hand the amount of movies that made me laugh that much.

Jimbot
Jul 22, 2008

One of my cinematic shames was never having seen Thief before. I have now seen Thief and it is now my favorite Michael Mann film. Holy crap was that a good film.

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

ASK ME ABOUT MY
UNITED STATES MARINES
FUNKO POPS COLLECTION

I watched Crestone. I liked it. It's a documentary about these Soundcloud Rappers who moved out to the desert to grow weed and make music. They are living their authentic human lives, live on Instagram. Also there's the constant threat of forest fires annihilating everything they own.

The movie isn't about social media, thank god, but it is more intelligent about the topic than the vast majority of content dealing with social media. There is no tension between living your authentic life and performing for social media if the boundary between "living" and "performing" doesn't exist.

The film also makes the point that a fluidity of identity is actually a beneficial adaptation to a world in constant crisis.

Good movie. Smarter about the modern world than most commentary.

CatstropheWaitress
Nov 26, 2017

therattle posted:

Is Road Whores* any good?

*what a friend of my wife’s mistakenly called Drive Way Dolls

It's fine. Lacks the whimsy Coen Bro's are known for, and felt indulgent with the sex scenes imo. Has a pair of buddy buffoons hot on their tail and they're fun enough. Movie is littered with some uncharacteristically awful interstitials.

Watched Ricky Stanicky. Felt like something written by old men, and leaves you wondering if they knew how irredeemably lovely they made their protagonists. John Cena is wonderful tho, and it was actually refreshing for them to set him up as a recovering alcoholic in the first few scenes and not have the "low point" be him drinking again. Dumb film, but the kind of dumb that's nice to throw on in the background.

Excited for Cena to do a Robin Williams arc and eventually get his "What Dreams May Come" dramatic movie role.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.
I want John Cena's Good Will Hunting role.

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

John Cena in One Hour Photo?

Grendels Dad
Mar 5, 2011

Popular culture has passed you by.

CatstropheWaitress posted:

Excited for Cena to do a Robin Williams arc and eventually get his "What Dreams May Come" dramatic movie role.

Not exactly "What Dreams May Come", but if you want John Cena drunk-crying in his undies and loathing himself for things his father did to him, watch Peacemaker.

Gaius Marius
Oct 9, 2012

Cena could do Death to Smoochy.

CatstropheWaitress
Nov 26, 2017

Grendels Dad posted:

Not exactly "What Dreams May Come", but if you want John Cena drunk-crying in his undies and loathing himself for things his father did to him, watch Peacemaker.

Peacemaker is a straight up action-comedy though still ain't it? Seeing how much of Stanicky he carried by just being charismatic and committed made me want to see him do full on drama, or black comedy that actually has some weight like Birdman.

Gaius Marius posted:

Cena could do Death to Smoochy.

Testify!

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

Watched Bill and Ted's Bogus Journey. These movies are just plain fun :kimchi:

therattle
Jul 24, 2007
Soiled Meat
John Cena in a remake of Synecdoche, NY

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007
It's that time again

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD
Sep 14, 2007

everything is yours

Gripweed posted:

Yeah, that one was good but Belafonte’s hosed up teeth gross me out. Watching these movies made me realize that if Cosby had never been caught Criterion definitely would have done a whole set of Sidney Poitier’s blaxploitation without the exploitation movies instead of just Buck and the Preacher. Taken together it’s very interesting to see Poitier use the format of black movies at the time but insist on giving every black character their dignity.

Criterion doesn't have a single Jamaa Fanaka movie so it's bunk imo.

Uncle Boogeyman
Jul 22, 2007

underseen Harry Belafonte movie: The World, The Flesh and the Devil. when i say it feels like a 90 minute Twilight Zone episode, i mean that in the most complimentary way.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

Boy and the Heron coming to Blu-ray and UHD July 9

https://twitter.com/GKIDSfilms/status/1784933846363844733?t=TLYxVMoXYVaQg35BQXfYHg&s=19

Anonymous Robot
Jun 1, 2007

Lost his leg in Robo War I
Watched The Killing of a Sacred Deer again the other day. Masterful movie, feels criminally underviewed.

FrumpleOrz
Feb 12, 2014

Perhaps you have not been to the *Playground*.
The *Playground* is for Taalo and for Orz, but *Campers* can go.
It more fun than several.
You can go there for too much fun.

Waffleman_ posted:

Watched Bill and Ted's Bogus Journey. These movies are just plain fun :kimchi:

Death's "You've sunk my battleship" is one of the best line readings in film history. Bogus Journey is so good.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

Them needing the jail keys in the first movie and deciding to create a stable time loop the next day so they could have them is one of the funniest gags I've seen

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD
Sep 14, 2007

everything is yours

Uncle Boogeyman posted:

underseen Harry Belafonte movie: The World, The Flesh and the Devil. when i say it feels like a 90 minute Twilight Zone episode, i mean that in the most complimentary way.

Ever seen FIVE?

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

I’ve been watching a lot more movies ever since my friend put up a projector in his garage. It’s a drat shame it won’t be possible to watch films there once the Phoenix heat gets cranked back up.

Yesterday, I brought over Mikey and Nicky and then the Columbo episode Etude In Black. I’d seen them before but he hadn’t. They make a good pairing.

We took a small break and then watched The Baby (1973). What a wild movie. It would make a good double feature with Clifford.

We were gonna watch The Wild Boys last night but cancelled due to a migraine. We watched After Blue last week, a tale about a mother and daughter’s quest to kill Kate Bush.

Speaking of Bandai forgetting things, did they just forget to make the other two Hathaway movies?

feedmyleg
Dec 25, 2004
drat, I wish I had a buddy with good taste and a projector in their garage.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD
Sep 14, 2007

everything is yours
Actually gently caress that. Ever seen THIS IS NOT A TEST (1962)?