Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

NmareBfly
Jul 16, 2004

I posted my food for USPOL Thanksgiving!

Oh no, it's an Observer. Hope you like eyeball soup.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Plant MONSTER.
Mar 16, 2018

I was watching simpsons at 0.75 without knowing until a scene where homer and bart were getting back massages at a hotel and the noises they were making were super drawn out like a youtube poop
How can 0.1 seconds of footage of breasts illicit like 3 pages of discussion?? :negative:

Talk about literally any other thing now please, I'm begging you.

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
Beholders are a lame monster, Ryoko Kui only likes cool monsters.

duz
Jul 11, 2005

Come on Ilhan, lets go bag us a shitpost

Plant MONSTER. posted:

How can 0.1 seconds of footage of breasts illicit like 3 pages of discussion?? :negative:

There were a bunch of good reaction shots in this episode.

YggiDee
Sep 12, 2007

WASP CREW
I think if Falin didn't want to wear that shirt she should have taken it off without tearing it up. that's not her shirt! that's probably Laios's! maybe he wanted it back!

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?

Snooze Cruise posted:

Beholders are a lame monster, Ryoko Kui only likes cool monsters.

Laios would like Beholders.

Rand Brittain
Mar 25, 2013

"Go on until you're stopped."

Plant MONSTER. posted:

I think there's a lot of discourse to be had from how Laios' inability to read the room gets him labelled as "autistic", but being unable to communicate your desires the way Shuro is or completely emotionally constipated the way Chilchuck is would be considered "normal."

Asterite34
May 19, 2009

duz posted:

There were a bunch of good reaction shots in this episode.

Y'know, I would take Shuro more seriously as a character if he didn't elect to have his entourage/emergency dungeoneering party be made up exclusively of sexy ninja ladies who all adore him, including his childhood nanny. It kinda gives the vibe of that one KonoSuba episode where Kazuma's group encounters a "traditional" isekai protagonist and find him and his twin catgirl girlfriends deeply creepy.

chrome line
Oct 13, 2022

YggiDee posted:

I think if Falin didn't want to wear that shirt she should have taken it off without tearing it up. that's not her shirt! that's probably Laios's! maybe he wanted it back!

In her defense Kabru had just put some very large holes and bloodstains on it, maybe she deemed it beyond salvation

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
Well, "normal" by Shuro's cultural standards while every other non-eastern character who interacts with him considers him to be socially clueless. It's a great irony that he rants at Laios about not picking up on cues when he himself misses things that appear obvious to other cultures.

Nuns with Guns
Jul 23, 2010

It's fine.
Don't worry about it.

Asterite34 posted:

Y'know, I would take Shuro more seriously as a character if he didn't elect to have his entourage/emergency dungeoneering party be made up exclusively of sexy ninja ladies who all adore him, including his childhood nanny. It kinda gives the vibe of that one KonoSuba episode where Kazuma's group encounters a "traditional" isekai protagonist and find him and his twin catgirl girlfriends deeply creepy.

They’re bodyguards assigned by his dad. I’m I can’t remember if this comes up directly in the main story or if it’s all supplemental stuff though. (Shuro’s dad is very weird. Someone could probably write a tumblr essay paralleling his overbearing and oppressive way of raising kids to Laios’ emotionally distant and oddly uncommunicative dad, and how both kind of messed their sons up and caused similar strained relationships.)

Nuns with Guns fucked around with this message at 16:28 on Apr 29, 2024

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?

Nuns with Guns posted:

Someone could probably write a tumblr essay paralleling his overbearing and oppressive way of raising kids to Laios’ emotionally distant and oddly communicative dad, and how both kind of messed their sons up and caused similar strained relationships.

Reposting this:

https://twitter.com/squidcxndy/status/1783693658027438337?t=lxGVRwMnSkeR3GOZnd9C8A&s=19

Asterite34
May 19, 2009

Nuns with Guns posted:

They’re bodyguards assigned by his dad. I’m I can’t remember if this comes up directly in the main story or if it’s all supplemental stuff though. (Shuro’s dad is very weird. Someone could probably write a tumblr essay paralleling his overbearing and oppressive way of raising kids to Laios’ emotionally distant and oddly communicative dad, and how both kind of messed their sons up and caused similar strained relationships.)

So his dad has taken pains to arrange for his son to have the life of a Harem Anime Protagonist?

No wonder dude seems so dour all the time

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
I think Shuro stinks, personally

Lt. Lizard
Apr 28, 2013

Asterite34 posted:

So his dad has taken pains to arrange for his son to have the life of a Harem Anime Protagonist?

No wonder dude seems so dour all the time

I think there is only a very tiny amount of young adult men that would voluntarily go adventuring with their literal childhood nanny.

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?

Shinjobi posted:

I think Shuro stinks, personally

Well yeah he's been going nonstop for days without food or rest and he's covered in monster guts.

duz
Jul 11, 2005

Come on Ilhan, lets go bag us a shitpost

Lt. Lizard posted:

I think there is only a very tiny amount of young adult men that would voluntarily go adventuring with their literal childhood nanny.

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

Just how many mistakes have you suffered on the way here?

An uncountable number, to be sure.

Asterite34 posted:

Y'know, I would take Shuro more seriously as a character if he didn't elect to have his entourage/emergency dungeoneering party be made up exclusively of sexy ninja ladies who all adore him, including his childhood nanny.

Only his nanny seems to adore him. The other retainers are fairly professional about it. That particular gif shows them reacting with shock that he's actually being nice to them for once, ie: he is not normally nice to them. They actually seem more attracted to Kabru than Shuro, seeing how they blushed when they first met him.

sharkmafia
Aug 20, 2018

tbh it's very clear from how shuro acts around his entourage that he does not want them to be there, especially not the woman who's pretty much his mom, and he only accepted their help because he desperately wanted to save falin

if you want to interpret that as harem wish fulfillment that's fine but shuro definitely does not agree

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

Just how many mistakes have you suffered on the way here?

An uncountable number, to be sure.
To be fair, Chilchuck also interprets it like that, so even in-universe it's meant to look a little weird.

Asterite34
May 19, 2009

sharkmafia posted:

tbh it's very clear from how shuro acts around his entourage that he does not want them to be there, especially not the woman who's pretty much his mom, and he only accepted their help because he desperately wanted to save falin

if you want to interpret that as harem wish fulfillment that's fine but shuro definitely does not agree

Right, I'm now interpreting it less as him being a weirdo, and more his dad being a weirdo and him just grudgingly tolerating the circumstance

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
A Japanese Samurai showing up with a ninja entourage into the middle of a typically European medieval fantasy setting does look weird.

Last Celebration
Mar 30, 2010

Clarste posted:

Only his nanny seems to adore him. The other retainers are fairly professional about it. That particular gif shows them reacting with shock that he's actually being nice to them for once, ie: he is not normally nice to them. They actually seem more attracted to Kabru than Shuro, seeing how they blushed when they first met him.

I think it’s more shock that he was so straightforward about his appreciation for them than him not being nice normally, what with Laios calling him out on not just saying how he feels and Shuro admitting he never told Falin why he likes her enough to propose, and also admitting he envies how unabashedly candid Laios is.

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

Arc Hammer posted:

Just make a knockoff Beholder like they did in Dungeon Siege with the Fury

A behaver

A behater

A bebetter

A beaver

Ammat The Ankh
Sep 7, 2010

Now, attempt to defeat me!
And I shall become a living legend!
I don't think the mad mage is actually mad, he's probably just hangry from not eating in 2000 years. Laios and company will cook him up something good and find out he's not such a bad guy after all when his belly is full.

ninjewtsu
Oct 9, 2012

Rand Brittain posted:

I think there's a lot of discourse to be had from how Laios' inability to read the room gets him labelled as "autistic", but being unable to communicate your desires the way Shuro is or completely emotionally constipated the way Chilchuck is would be considered "normal."

I mean laios also has a clear hyperfixation and I thiiiink his social issues extend past being unable to "read the room", before getting into the difference between the ability to understand others and the ability to express yourself in a way others will understand.

After some previous conversation in this thread, I've certainly been having some thoughts about laios vs kabru in terms of how (in my personal reading) neurodivergence is expressed in this show and how the audience reacts to it, but I'm also not super sure how I feel about repeatedly making the conversation about these characters focus in on assumed neurodivergence.

Then again, if the alternative is several pages discussing half a second of tittybounce it may be fine in comparison

Rand Brittain
Mar 25, 2013

ninjewtsu posted:

Then again, if the alternative is several pages discussing half a second of tittybounce it may be fine in comparison

We also have the option of discussing who to ship Laios with. There's really an entire buffet of discourse open to us!

Mercury Hat
May 28, 2006

SharkTales!
Woo-oo!

Clarste posted:

To be fair, Chilchuck also interprets it like that, so even in-universe it's meant to look a little weird.

Also the guy you've been coworkers with for awhile disappeared then came back with an entourage of highly skilled fighters. Like, that'd make anyone pause lol. Why were you palling around with random adventurers if you could bring this to the table.

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
https://twitter.com/radiantraptor/status/1784989232832057703?t=2iK5QF76JBQ3r1affKcVvA&s=19

This is the important Falin discourse.

Plant MONSTER.
Mar 16, 2018

I was watching simpsons at 0.75 without knowing until a scene where homer and bart were getting back massages at a hotel and the noises they were making were super drawn out like a youtube poop

see? Now that's nice. This, I like.

Begemot
Oct 14, 2012

The One True Oden

Asterite34 posted:

I think it helps that none of them fawn over him or even seem to like him besides Maizuru. The others are acting like they're just doing their day job (or having fun hitting things with a club).

Marsupial Ape
Dec 15, 2020
the mod team violated the sancity of my avatar
Technically, Falin is a Human/Dragon Centipede.

Begemot
Oct 14, 2012

The One True Oden

Arc Hammer posted:

A Japanese Samurai showing up with a ninja entourage into the middle of a typically European medieval fantasy setting does look weird.

Nah, it's perfectly normal, both ninja and samurai are classes in Wizardry :v:

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right

Marsupial Ape posted:

Technically, Falin is a Human/Dragon Centipede.

She's a dragon centaur :colbert:

LazyMaybe
Aug 18, 2013

oouagh

Jyrraeth posted:

I wish I knew better words for:

Horny (made on purpose for a narrow definition of horny to sell figurines)
And
Horny (many humans (sometimes monsters) have sex and enjoy it in a variety of ways)
the latter thing is always gonna be a bit wordy to define, but the former is just straightforwardly "male gaze".

chiasaur11
Oct 22, 2012

Clarste posted:

To be fair, relatively few women in this show don't fall for Kabru to some extent. He's not a useful baseline.

Rand Brittain
Mar 25, 2013

chiasaur11 posted:

To be fair, relatively few women people in this show don't fall for Kabru to some extent. He's not a useful baseline.

fixed

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

It's gotta be the first one, the second one would be way too much of a hassle to put on with her wings. You'd have to put them through special little holes cut into the sides EVERY TIME and it would be so annoying.

dragon enthusiast
Jan 1, 2010
she gets 2 jeans, one for each pair of legs

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Plant MONSTER.
Mar 16, 2018