Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
it could happen

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

I was trying to listen to the O's game on mlb.tv radio on my way home yesterday and kept getting that thing where the feed would stop with an error and I have to switch feeds then switch back for it to start again. Turned out streaming the goddamn video feed and listening to that worked better and more consistently. It's wild how awful that service is and how long that app has been trash.

Also when I was in little league I didn't know a drat thing about MLB or popular players other than probably Cal Jr. nor did I really care to learn them or even watch baseball. I got into watching the sport later in life. A lot of those kids are probably there because their parents made them go :shrug:

Inspector_666
Oct 7, 2003

benny with the good hair

Intruder posted:

baseball popularity is down because there are too many merverts and it scares away parents

the loperfidophiles can't be helping things

humpthewind
Jan 8, 2007

Noblest of all dogs is the hot-dog; it feeds the hand that bites it.

explosivo posted:

I was trying to listen to the O's game on mlb.tv radio on my way home yesterday and kept getting that thing where the feed would stop with an error and I have to switch feeds then switch back for it to start again. Turned out streaming the goddamn video feed and listening to that worked better and more consistently. It's wild how awful that service is and how long that app has been trash.

Also when I was in little league I didn't know a drat thing about MLB or popular players other than probably Cal Jr. nor did I really care to learn them or even watch baseball. I got into watching the sport later in life. A lot of those kids are probably there because their parents made them go :shrug:

Even when the radio feed works it is farther behind than the video feed. Its been this way for years and is infuriating.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

explosivo posted:

I did in little league but that was the late 1980s . Different time

I think the kids actually do love baseball now (playing the actual game) . It is a great sport!!

Dinosaurs!
May 22, 2003

humpthewind posted:

Even when the radio feed works it is farther behind than the video feed. Its been this way for years and is infuriating.

Sometimes during high leverage situations in the postseason I mash refresh on the gameday thread to see if people with faster feeds are reacting that something amazing or dreadful happened.

Inspector_666
Oct 7, 2003

benny with the good hair

Dinosaurs! posted:

Sometimes during high leverage situations in the postseason I mash refresh on the gameday thread to see if people with faster feeds are reacting that something amazing or dreadful happened.

Sometimes when I'm watching a game live in person I open Gameday because I'm too stressed and I just need to see what happens. (I'm used to my video streams being very behind.)

Sydin
Oct 29, 2011

Another spring commute

Inspector_666 posted:

Sometimes when I'm watching a game live in person I open Gameday because I'm too stressed and I just need to see what happens. (I'm used to my video streams being very behind.)

lol same

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Traxis posted:

MLB even makes it miserable to watch highlights. The At Bat app or whatever it's called wants you to watch a 20 sec ad before every highlight, it's terrible

https://baseball.theater/games

Bregor
May 31, 2013

People are idiots, Leslie.
https://x.com/rotowiremlb/status/1785402638378426572?s=46&t=qe_Y8YJnNikGLo_JUDPyAQ

lmao

MrMidnight
Aug 3, 2006

It had to be done. Old yeller style

Twin Cinema
Jun 1, 2006

Playoffs are no big deal,
don't have a crap attack.
Is getting a -1.5 bWAR in 77 PA a record? That seems ridiculously bad.

MrMidnight
Aug 3, 2006

Fully expect for Loperfido to hit no less than 2 bombs tonight. Season starts today!

Sydin
Oct 29, 2011

Another spring commute

How the gently caress did Jose Abreu have options remaining lmao

Traxis
Jul 2, 2006

This site owns, thanks.

Inspector_666
Oct 7, 2003

benny with the good hair

Sydin posted:

How the gently caress did Jose Abreu have options remaining lmao

He didn't, and he has five+ years of service time anyway. This was voluntarily him accepting the assignment rather than a normal option.

For whatever it's worth the Astros waited until he had ten years of service time to do this, so if it's the end he gets all of his benefits and all that.

Inspector_666 fucked around with this message at 21:42 on Apr 30, 2024

No Safe Word
Feb 26, 2005

loving lmao thank god

Inspector_666 posted:

He didn't, and he has five+ years of service time anyway. This was voluntarily him accepting the assignment rather than a normal option.

For whatever it's worth the Astros waited until he had ten years of service time to do this, so if it's the end he gets all of his benefits and all that.

Oh wow, they did it to the day it seems:

BR posted:

Service Time (01/2024): 10.000

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=

Inspector_666 posted:

this is his first appearance ever in the minors too, the White Sox brought him to the majors straight from Cuba.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

I’m astonished

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Traxis posted:

This site owns, thanks.

Glad I can help :)

Maybe I'll start putting it in the OP again

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH

Bregor posted:

GOMS = GO MarinerS, which I think is just a SAS thing

It's definitely a greater Mariners media thing, I got it from Lookout Landing but that's probably not it's origin

Alfred P. Pseudonym
May 29, 2006

And when you gaze long into an abyss, the abyss goes 8-8

When is the last time a fairly recent MVP has gone down to the minors? Not counting all the times a washed guy signed a minor league deal during spring training or midseason as a flyer.

MrMidnight
Aug 3, 2006

I know you're technically right but calling him an MVP is super generous. Much like most things with that 2020 season.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

https://twitter.com/Alden_Gonzalez/status/1785403393407885708

Well now I feel bad

Redeye Flight
Mar 26, 2010

God, I'm so tired. What the hell did I post last night?

rickiep00h posted:

The Twins have won 8nstraight and are currently 4 games back.

gently caress this loving sport.

Might go to the game Wednesday tho.

Ignore the fact that five of those have been against the White Sox and the other three against the Angels. That's not important.

Though TBH even considering that, it's extremely heartening. The Twins finally get put up against teams under .500 and they're beating the brakes off them. Makes me more willing to believe this has just been a rough start rather than a harbinger on the year.

The Pohlads should still be exiled for their cheapness, though. Not compromising on that.

The Pussy Boss
Nov 2, 2004

Alfred P. Pseudonym posted:

When is the last time a fairly recent MVP has gone down to the minors? Not counting all the times a washed guy signed a minor league deal during spring training or midseason as a flyer.

Players on guaranteed contracts almost never agree to go down to the minors, except for rehab assignments. You only ever see it with guys at the end of the line, who'd rather stay with the same org than go play in the minors somewhere else. Abreu was older than most MVPs too I think. Feels like most guys win in their late 20s

SilvergunSuperman
Aug 7, 2010

Traxis posted:

This site owns, thanks.

Goddamn it really does

Do not even ask
Apr 8, 2008

Gully Foyle posted:

If I could pay, I don't know, say 5-10 bucks a month to have unlimited streaming for one teams games, I'd be tempted. As a Jay's fan, my best option right now is Sportsnet+, which costs $15/month, and yet there are still blackout rules when there's a conflict with Apple+ exclusive games.

Last season I was subscribed to MLB.tv and was enjoying it but the entire post-season is blackedout in Canada and the Sportsnet+ feed for those games was somehow neck-and-neck with some shady streaming site that was typically 30 seconds to a full minute behind MLB.tv

gently caress Sportsnet, gently caress Rogers, and gently caress the JaysToronto sports

MrMidnight
Aug 3, 2006

Poor Trout

https://x.com/Alden_Gonzalez/status/1785430369220829679

Crazy Ted
Jul 29, 2003

Moreno's ownership has obviously cursed this team irreparably.

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

I'm posting from 2-3 months in the future where this turns out to be season ending

Mr. Fix It
Oct 26, 2000

💀ayyy💀

https://i.imgur.com/pl2NTUO.mp4

sound. liberated from reddit

mdemone
Mar 14, 2001

CURSÉD FRANCHISE

mdemone
Mar 14, 2001

SELL THENFUCKIG TEAM ARTE

Good Dog
Oct 16, 2008

Who threw this cat at me?
Clapping Larry
lol, lmao

General Bullshit
Apr 20, 2020

Weren't they supposed to put him in the corner outfield spots to keep him healthy? My god.

mdemone
Mar 14, 2001

I BLAME RENDON

DR FRASIER KRANG
Feb 4, 2005

"Are you forgetting that just this afternoon I was punched in the face by a turtle now dead?

"Crank me like one of your French girls"

bawfuls
Oct 28, 2009

adhering a bit too close to Mantle on this one

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Eric the Mauve
May 8, 2012

Making you happy for a buck since 199X
Still think Trout can be Paul Molitor for the next 10 years if he just accepts his days of playing the field are over and becomes a full time DH