Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

TheKingslayer
Sep 3, 2008

Garak would gently caress Pinhead up.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Regular Wario
Mar 27, 2010

Slippery Tilde
We should have gotten some interaction between Q and Garak

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

Q and Quark

TrashMammal
Nov 10, 2022

that’s some other q’s jurisdiction

Wifi Toilet
Oct 1, 2004

Toilet Rascal
I can’t watch any more Discovery. Started a rewatch of Voyager last night instead.

They dedicated an entire room as the captain’s private dining room in Voyager and it was so big that Neelix turned it into basically a restaurant. I question starfleet’s ship designer’s priorities.

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

Neelix only took over the captain's dining room as the kitchen, he took out the wall between it and the rest of the mess hall.

And a private 'captain's table' has always been a pretty important thing on a ship IRL, both naval and civilian. The captain uses it to work with people over meals, or to meet less formally, or to make connections with crew they might otherwise not, or host engagements. It's why Captain Pike having such a large dining area on SNW also makes sense.

MikeJF fucked around with this message at 04:39 on May 1, 2024

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

*gets the invite to Pike's sweet mountain condo steak party

Powered Descent
Jul 13, 2008

We haven't had that spirit here since 1969.

Captain Pike's quarters would make a pretty sweet themed breakfast bar, honestly.

Jimbone Tallshanks
Dec 16, 2005

You can't pull rank on murder.

TheKingslayer posted:

Garak would gently caress Pinhead up.

Frank gets revenge

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

Picard has a sweet rear end dining reception room that we only see like once.

But that's the D it has everything.

Jimbone Tallshanks
Dec 16, 2005

You can't pull rank on murder.

TrashMammal posted:

that’s some other q’s jurisdiction

My dear TrashMammal, they're all Q.

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

"The Captain's Yacht"

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

If we're talking tradition it should be called the Captain's Gig. :colbert: Or if it's a flagship it's the Admiral's Barge and is painted black.

The US Navy cut them for budget reasons in 2008.

MikeJF fucked around with this message at 04:57 on May 1, 2024

Powered Descent
Jul 13, 2008

We haven't had that spirit here since 1969.

MikeJF posted:

This scene is also known as "What Is Going On With Bev's Hair"

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

MikeJF posted:

Voyager has one too. It's so big it becomes the new mess hall because it has a working kitchen.

Which implies that somewhere on the ship there is a much bigger but completely empty mess hall that only had replicators.

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

Facebook Aunt posted:

Voyager has one too. It's so big it becomes the new mess hall because it has a working kitchen.

Which implies that somewhere on the ship there is a much bigger but completely empty mess hall that only had replicators.

No we were talking about this just above: the private dining room was adjacent to the regular mess hall. Neelix took down the wall and converted the whole of the private dining room into the kitchen.

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

MikeJF posted:

No we were talking about this just above: the private dining room was adjacent to the regular mess hall. Neelix took down the wall and converted the whole of the private dining room into the kitchen.

What a rascal.

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

Sizzling fajitas at Captain Pikes

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

MikeJF posted:

:wink:

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

'the fat one'

Gutcruncher
Apr 16, 2005

Go home and be a family man!

MikeJF posted:

Why exactly didn’t the captain toss neelix into the replicator garbage disposal in the second episode?

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

Gutcruncher posted:

Why exactly didn’t the captain toss neelix into the replicator garbage disposal in the second episode?

"Federation Decorum"

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
neelix was the only person they had available with any knowledge of cooking at scale. it makes perfect sense for a bunch of federation citizens to have never done anything like that before. however, voyager had the full set of libraries and a working holodeck. they could have trained someone else up pretty quickly.

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

Computer, make a Thanksgiving dinner for 60 people

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
really though, the only way that neelix being the sole cook for 150 people active 24 hours a day makes any sense is if they also replicated a bunch of high tech kitchen appliances to automate most of the work.

davidspackage
May 16, 2007

Nap Ghost

gimme the GOD drat candy posted:

really though, the only way that neelix being the sole cook for 150 people active 24 hours a day makes any sense is if they also replicated a bunch of high tech kitchen appliances to automate most of the work.

Computer, replicate a 1976 bowling alley carpet sample that cats have vomited on and print it on a chef's hat and apron.

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

To distract you from Romulan incursions along the Neutral Zone...

My Lovely Horse
Aug 21, 2010

You could just host people on the holodeck

Regular Wario
Mar 27, 2010

Slippery Tilde

MikeJF posted:

The rollercoaster was a bit much but the Vulcans love it

TrashMammal
Nov 10, 2022

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

Regular Wario posted:

The rollercoaster was a bit much but the Vulcans love it

Ya ever show a Vulcan a Yo-yo? They go crazy for it.

Space Jam
Jul 22, 2008

yes neelix deserves to die and i hope he burns in hell

Space Jam
Jul 22, 2008

redshirt posted:

Ya ever show a Vulcan a Yo-yo? They go crazy for it.

giving a room full of vulcans a paddle ball and they emotionlessly take turns playing with it for a few hours

Renreeja
Oct 11, 2007

last night got to the Locutus episode and couldnt stop thinking about Picard's Assimilated Balls, thanks thread

Apollodorus
Feb 13, 2010

TEST YOUR MIGHT
:patriot:

Powered Descent posted:

Captain Pike's quarters would make a pretty sweet themed breakfast bar, honestly.

Just so long as they got the waffles right.

Mx.
Dec 16, 2006

I'm a great fan! When I watch TV I'm always saying "That's political correctness gone mad!"
Why thankyew!

Renreeja posted:

last night got to the Locutus episode and couldnt stop thinking about Picard's Assimilated Balls, thanks thread

STAR TREK: I can't keep my eyes off Picard's Assimilated Balls

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

MikeJF posted:

Can we all agree there was probably a one-way mirror and microphone pickups for Janeway to use to spy on crew in the mess hall?

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Wifi Toilet posted:

I can’t watch any more Discovery. Started a rewatch of Voyager last night instead.

They dedicated an entire room as the captain’s private dining room in Voyager and it was so big that Neelix turned it into basically a restaurant. I question starfleet’s ship designer’s priorities.

This was a cool as gently caress move from Neelix. He just took it over and called it Janeway having a private dining room in this situation as being a bit hosed up

I think in normal circumstances that's where you have big diplomatic dinners and stuff

John Wick of Dogs fucked around with this message at 13:19 on May 1, 2024

Regular Wario
Mar 27, 2010

Slippery Tilde
janeway has several holodeck programs where she kills neelix

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

🎧Listen to Cylindricule!🎵
https://linktr.ee/Cylindricule

[Neelix takes notice of a bulkhead seeming to "flicker" in his kitchen]

Neelix: What.. the... this is a hologram!

[Neelix presses console buttons, the wall vanishes to reveal a very large patio-style cafe seating area, complete with large windows, views of space. JANEWAY pauses mid-sip of a doppio espresso.]

Janeway: You never saw this, Neelix.

Neelix: I'm open to negotiation.

Janeway: [tersely] Fine. What is it you want?

Neelix: Fuse me back together with Tuvok.