Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

SeenYourPoopypants
Mar 10, 2024
Whats up with Fallout censoring the brotherhood dude's rear end crack in episode 6? They do the thing where panning foreground objects are covering it and then suddenly theyre gone and theres a hastily inserted blur bar

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Regular Wario
Mar 27, 2010

Slippery Tilde
americans are afraid of the crack

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Let's get drunk and kiss each other all night.

bitterandtwisted posted:

Drunken Master 2, Rumble in the Bronx and Police Story are the best Chan movies. Wheels on Meals is also good but apparently there's two English dubs available and I saw the bad and annoying one.

I love Meals on Wheels, the fight with Benny “The Jet” rules. Also that stunt where the other guy jumps out a second story window and lands directly on his rear end, goddamn. The corridor crew broke that stunt down and he slowed himself with his heels hitting first but still, owwww.

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

SeenYourPoopypants posted:

Whats up with Fallout censoring the brotherhood dude's rear end crack in episode 6? They do the thing where panning foreground objects are covering it and then suddenly theyre gone and theres a hastily inserted blur bar

Same reason why the main actress didn’t take her shirt off in that episode. Main actors didnt want to get naked like the rest of the extras did later.

priznat posted:

I love Meals on Wheels, the fight with Benny “The Jet” rules. Also that stunt where the other guy jumps out a second story window and lands directly on his rear end, goddamn. The corridor crew broke that stunt down and he slowed himself with his heels hitting first but still, owwww.

That and Dragons Forever are def my faves just for Benny being in there, dude is such a scary intense presence.

kalel
Jun 19, 2012

I rewarched Drunken Master 2 after a few decades and they CHANGED all of the dialogue!
My favorite line in the whole movie is when he chugs a bottle, then vomits and says "Just right!" This shows that he has finally has mastered his drunkenness and knows exactly how much to drink to get to full power without losing control.
Instead they changed it to "Are you ready to rumble!?"
COME ON

he doesn't master his drunkenness, he makes himself mentally invalid

SeenYourPoopypants
Mar 10, 2024

DLC Inc posted:

Same reason why the main actress didn’t take her shirt off in that episode. Main actors didnt want to get naked like the rest of the extras did later.

But his rear end was already out, it just seems an odd choice to slap a badly done blur effect over that one shot instead of just panning slightly up, or keeping the objects in front, or using a stunt butt, or just digitally removing the crack altogether so its just a smooth ball, i dont know.

First of May
May 1, 2017
🎵 Bring your favorite lady, or at least your favorite lay! 🎵

But his rear end was already out, it just seems an odd choice to slap a badly done blur effect over that one shot instead of just panning slightly up, or keeping the objects in front, or using a stunt butt, or just digitally removing the crack altogether so its just a smooth ball, i dont know.

I'm sure it was the Amazon censors, not the show. Tons of ultra gory blood and guts is OK, but a little manbutt is not safe for family viewing.

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

First of May posted:

I'm sure it was the Amazon censors, not the show. Tons of ultra gory blood and guts is OK, but a little manbutt is not safe for family viewing.

Hey, just wanted to say, apropos user name.

Gutcruncher
Apr 16, 2005

Go home and be a family man!

First of May posted:

First of May posted:

Amazon has been at the forefront of male nudity in media and male nudity combined with violence in media.

It must be that actors contract saying “no butts!!”

Outpost22
Oct 11, 2012

RIP Screamy You were too good for this world.
RLM 2024: Actors saying "no butts!!"

Mozi
Apr 4, 2004

Forms change so fast
Time is moving past
Memory is smoke
Gonna get wider when I die
Nap Ghost
i watched the late night w/ the devil movie, i enjoyed it. i can see where the boys are coming from with their critiques on how the movie didn't strictly adhere to the actual late-night format but it didn't bother me too much and i'm not sure that doing it more 'correctly' would have made for a better movie

Weembles
Apr 19, 2004

Mozi posted:

i watched the late night w/ the devil movie, i enjoyed it. i can see where the boys are coming from with their critiques on how the movie didn't strictly adhere to the actual late-night format but it didn't bother me too much and i'm not sure that doing it more 'correctly' would have made for a better movie

They know too much about how productions work to let it slide. It's just like how someone who is really into medieval history will get pulled out of a movie when they see someone eating a potato or wearing renaissance plate armor in a movie set in 1200.

It might not be bad for normal people to not notice or be bothered by those things but you have to be prepared for people in the know to react to it.

Kingo Ligma
Aug 24, 2019

Ask me about calling people racist because I failed geography.

DLC Inc posted:

That and Dragons Forever are def my faves just for Benny being in there, dude is such a scary intense presence.

I did really love how many extras did the prayer pose "wrong" in that scene and held their forearms at really weird and uncomfortable angles to hide their nipples. Good! Don't give it up for Bezos!

poisonpill
Nov 8, 2009

The only way to get huge fast is to insult a passing witch and hope she curses you with Beast-strength.

The Fallout show is shockingly good. It has everything against it, and somehow pulled out a solid W

Endless Trash
Aug 12, 2007

poisonpill posted:

The Fallout show is shockingly good. It has everything against it, and somehow pulled out a solid W

Turns out Fallout is really good if you don’t have to play it

(I like playing Fallout so I’m allowed to say this)

piratepilates
Mar 28, 2004

So I will learn to live with it. Because I can live with it. I can live with it.

poisonpill posted:

What's the "everything against it"? I haven't really followed much, but Fallout as a media property seems like it'd adapt well to things.

What are we at in terms of game adaptations W's vs. L's now? Halo seemed like a flop (never gonna watch it), Last of Us did gangbusters, Fallout is well received.

FranklyMaDear
May 1, 2024

Jose Oquendo posted:

Oh boy a Lion King prequel with songs by Lin-manuel Miranda. Will the animals emote with their faces this time around?

It will probably be worse than the scuttlebutt rap than LMM wrote for the live-action little mermaid remake.

Gutcruncher
Apr 16, 2005

FranklyMaDear posted:

It will probably be worse than the scuttlebutt rap than LMM wrote for the live-action little mermaid remake.

Wait he loving wrote that?

Why is he still even allowed in this country? Don’t we put people on rafts and push them out to sea anymore?

KakerMix
Apr 8, 2004

8.2 M.P.G.
:byetankie:

piratepilates posted:

What's the "everything against it"? I haven't really followed much, but Fallout as a media property seems like it'd adapt well to things.

What are we at in terms of game adaptations W's vs. L's now? Halo seemed like a flop (never gonna watch it), Last of Us did gangbusters, Fallout is well received.

Most nerds being mad about their games. Fallout the show is really good and the people I saw being all mad about how it retconned New Vegas are dumber than poo poo. I don't know how the show could hoist New Vegas up higher than it did.
Fallout the show is far better written than most other Fallouts, besides New Vegas which is the best Fallout game.

poisonpill
Nov 8, 2009

The only way to get huge fast is to insult a passing witch and hope she curses you with Beast-strength.

piratepilates posted:

Game adaptation
Amazon studios
Westworld producers
Amazon studios
Nepo baby showrunners
Production all over the world
Amazon studios
Terrible trailer
Amazon studios
Amazon studios

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007

poisonpill posted:

Yeah I'm really looking forward to the New Vegas season. I thought I had been thoroughly mines and exhausted of any "excited for that thing I remember from the other thing I liked" but it turns out teasing a ruined city in the desert lights up something in there. Very excited to see their take on things. Wonder if they'll get Caesars legion in there or the DLC stories because some of those would tie in really well.

Don't need em though, the NCR/Vegas-evil-dad (and I will assume Mr House is kicking once evil dad powers up Vegas) and Brotherhood w cold fusion is enough for the required hoover dam conflicts.

Bens Buds was also a really good perfectly Fallout addition. A world ran by oblivious failsons, the ideal corporatacracy

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007

piratepilates posted:

Aside from production stuff and just being a videogame adaptation, Fallout is a property widely seen by the kind of nerd who talks about media on forums as somethings it's current owners have failed time and again to properly understand or utilize compared to the originals, and New Vegas which has a bit more connection and intention to the originals than Bethesda.

So if it's been a decade or 2 since the last time anything good Fallout happened in its native medium, cause to be skeptical an outside videogame adaptation to be better. It is though and that's neat.

I think Twisted Metal also proved you can adapt any videogame and make something watchable and enjoyable with it. Hard to pull off but proof of concept exists.

Jose Oquendo
Jun 20, 2004

Star Trek: The Motion Picture is a boring movie
The show is a hit, and it gave the old games, even their lovely life service game, a huge bump in players. Microsoft has to be kicking itself for putting all their eggs in the Starfield basket.

Endless Trash
Aug 12, 2007

Now make a StarCraft show you FUCKS

kdrudy
Sep 19, 2009

Endless Trash posted:

Nah, I'm good with not giving shithouse Blizzard money for anything.

Mozi
Apr 4, 2004

Forms change so fast
Time is moving past
Memory is smoke
Gonna get wider when I die
Nap Ghost
Zork show!

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

ASK ME ABOUT MY
UNITED STATES MARINES
FUNKO POPS COLLECTION

Endless Trash posted:

They need to make a Warhammer 40k show first before they do the lamer version

No Mods No Masters
Oct 3, 2004

I guess we really are going to get the post super hero media landscape we deserve: one where the gamers rise up

poisonpill
Nov 8, 2009

No Mods No Masters posted:

I guess we really are going to get the post super hero media landscape we deserve: one where the gamers rise up

No, no no, NO

NOOOOOOO

no no

No

Gutcruncher
Apr 16, 2005

Finally! I knew this day would come! Drinking my bawls as we speak!

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

ASK ME ABOUT MY
UNITED STATES MARINES
FUNKO POPS COLLECTION

There have been 11 Resident Evil movies.

CaptainBeefart
Mar 28, 2016

Endless Trash posted:

StarCraft: Ghost please. 😓

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Let's get drunk and kiss each other all night.
I just started watching episode 2 of Fallout and was pleasantly surprised that Michael Emerson is in it, one of my favourite actors in the Weird Guy genre. He ruled in Person of Interest, Lost and of course Evil.

Endless Trash
Aug 12, 2007

CaptainBeefart posted:

StarCraft: Ghost please. 😓

Yeah use that failed game story as a plot for a show. Mistakes into miracles.

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

priznat posted:

I just started watching episode 2 of Fallout and was pleasantly surprised that Michael Emerson is in it, one of my favourite actors in the Weird Guy genre. He ruled in Person of Interest, Lost and of course Evil.

For some reason I have this scene of his embroiled in my head. From Lost, where he teleports to Algeria or wherever via that weird ice wheel on the Island.....

and he gets picked up by some dudes in a truck, and after playing the weak fool loser as he does, he strikes, and says with such smarm: "Oh so you DO speak English"

Failson
Sep 2, 2018
Fun Shoe

Yeah! Maybe we can get an Assassins' Creed movie! Or Prince of Persia!

NoneMoreNegative
Jul 20, 2000
GOTH FASCISTIC
PAIN
MASTER

shit wizard dad

priznat posted:

I'd like to do a POI rewatch some time, but 103 episodes is a big ask concentration-wise these days. 20+ episode seasons can get to gently caress.

Gutcruncher
Apr 16, 2005

NoneMoreNegative posted:

I'd like to do a POI rewatch some time, but 103 episodes is a big ask concentration-wise these days. 20+ episode seasons can get to gently caress.

Anime keeps winning :smugbert:

mossyfisk
Nov 8, 2010

FF0000

Mozi posted:

Zork show!

With the tendency to lighting in modern TV, I suspect this would end badly.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007

Gripweed posted:

They need to make a Warhammer 40k show first before they do the lamer version

Warhammer is the lamer version. Warcraft took what was good about Warhammer (big chunky armour) and got rid of everything that sucked (zoo of tedious overthetop fascist factions that all might as well be the same boring one thing, the warp, the emperor, the lore).