Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Should I step down as head of twitter
This poll is closed.
Yes 420 4.43%
No 69 0.73%
Goku 9001 94.85%
Total: 9490 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Jack-Off Lantern
Mar 2, 2012

Rule of Acquisition #17:

A contract is a contract is a contract....but only between Boers

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

The Awesomesaurus posted:

Wasn’t that what happened with that one weird boy wonder hacker who Elon recruited back around when he first bought Twitter?

That was unspeakably hilarious, he got hired on his grandiose promises and then started asking questions about basic Javascript poo poo like he thought fixing search would be just a matter of tweaking the behavior of the input box or something, he seemed to have no awareness of the fact that there is a back end involved in search

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

Squibbles posted:

All this time when people said musk created zip2 I never thought about it too hard and figured it was something highly technical like zip compression, or possibly software for something related to zip drives. I never even considered how illogical it would have been for PayPal to acquire something like that.

Ugh, so it's just a phone/business directory website? I can't really think of a less impressive project. It's like something they would assign in a comp sci course. And on top of that they said the code was so amateurly written it couldn't really be expanded or fixed so had to be rewritten. Incredible thing to brag about

Pied Piper actually was worth the money

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

Data Graham posted:

That was unspeakably hilarious, he got hired on his grandiose promises and then started asking questions about basic Javascript poo poo like he thought fixing search would be just a matter of tweaking the behavior of the input box or something, he seemed to have no awareness of the fact that there is a back end involved in search

Enough about Musk. I want to hear about the other guy.

tight aspirations
Jul 13, 2009

Platystemon posted:

https://www.theverge.com/2022/11/22/23472869/george-hotz-twitter-internship-search-elon-musk-self-driving-cars

gschmidl
Sep 3, 2011

watch with knife hands

geolukewarm

Songbearer
Jul 12, 2007

Fuck you say?
Oh boy I hope the droves of newly jobless Tesla employees don't use their knowledge of how criminally awful the company culture is to further empower things like the class action racism lawsuit, costing the company even more money and further tarnishing its already garbage image in the public eye

crispix
Mar 28, 2015

Grand-Maman m'a raconté
(Les éditions des amitiés franco-québécoises)

Hello, dear

Songbearer posted:

Oh boy I hope the droves of newly jobless Tesla employees don't use their knowledge of how criminally awful the company culture is to further empower things like the class action racism lawsuit, costing the company even more money and further tarnishing its already garbage image in the public eye

all of this has happened before https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Traitorous_eight

crispix
Mar 28, 2015

Grand-Maman m'a raconté
(Les éditions des amitiés franco-québécoises)

Hello, dear
is it really so hard to not be a nasty, eugenicist dick

Zero VGS
Aug 16, 2002
ASK ME ABOUT HOW HUMAN LIVES THAT MADE VIDEO GAME CONTROLLERS ARE WORTH MORE
Lipstick Apathy

Platystemon posted:

He makes these cool songs

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=11AbGUrt2a8

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

If only all of life's problems could be solved by smoking a professor of ancient evil texts.

Bread Liar

Lol, I never even noticed in the tweets, but it even has a loving tent - and it looks a million times better than the pathetic excuse for one that the cvberturk has.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

It doesn’t even go into the bed lol

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

crispix posted:

is it really so hard to not be a nasty, eugenicist dick

Apparently if you get money this is the inevitable road you travel

gay picnic defence
Oct 5, 2009

I'M CONCERNED ABOUT A NUMBER OF THINGS

Megillah Gorilla posted:

Lol, I never even noticed in the tweets, but it even has a loving tent - and it looks a million times better than the pathetic excuse for one that the cvberturk has.

Is the tent even long enough to sleep in? The tray of the cybertrucks looks really short.

Maybe it's sufficient for the insecure manlets who think a cybertruck will make people respect them

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

They made those little flaps on the bottom to make it look like it goes down to the bed. Total fraud on every level

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

If only all of life's problems could be solved by smoking a professor of ancient evil texts.

Bread Liar
I don't even know how you'd sleep in it. The "floor" of the tent is just material stretched between the sides of the bed. It must sag like hell - if it even holds your weight.

Mr Scumbag
Jun 6, 2007

You're a fucking cocksucker, Jonathan
It should be noted that it doesn't come with a tent. The tent is $3,000 extra. It also has terrible build quality and breaks almost immediately, from what I've heard.

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

They so badly want you to believe it's a Transformer

gay picnic defence
Oct 5, 2009

I'M CONCERNED ABOUT A NUMBER OF THINGS

Megillah Gorilla posted:

I don't even know how you'd sleep in it. The "floor" of the tent is just material stretched between the sides of the bed. It must sag like hell - if it even holds your weight.

If you look closely you can see there's some sort of stretcher in there

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Mr Scumbag posted:

It should be noted that it doesn't come with a tent. The tent is $3,000 extra. It also has terrible build quality and breaks almost immediately, from what I've heard.

$3,000???

kazil
Jul 24, 2005

Derpmph trial star reporter!

Tai
Mar 8, 2006
I still lol that you can buy a lovely half arsed tent for a truck that costs 3 grand.

Tai
Mar 8, 2006

Me Me Me Me!

Grift

AndreTheGiantBoned
Oct 28, 2010

Is Lindoreo even there?

AndreTheGiantBoned
Oct 28, 2010
Lindoreo gets less activity and reactions to her tweets than even that doge loser

Quite the CEO

gschmidl
Sep 3, 2011

watch with knife hands

It should be

kdrudy
Sep 19, 2009

I assume every person on here is a nightmare, every nonperson is a grift.

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat

AndreTheGiantBoned posted:

Is Lindoreo even there?

Pretty sure Linda is dead but nobody has visited her basement supply closet/ office yet to notice

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

LOVE IS BEAUTIFUL
(づ ̄ ³ ̄)づ♥(‘∀’●)

steinrokkan posted:

Pretty sure Linda is dead but nobody has visited her basement supply closet/ office yet to notice

Linda is busy living her best life after accomplishing all of her goals mostly consequence-free 🍷🍷🍷:elon::elon::elon:

temple
Jul 29, 2006

I have actual skeletons in my closet
is there a way to block the word 'based' from showing up on my web browser (and "hugging" the person that typed it using tcp/ip)

kazil
Jul 24, 2005

kdrudy posted:

I assume every person on here is a nightmare, every nonperson is a grift.

Every person there is The Worst™

R.L. Stine
Oct 19, 2007

welcome to dead gay dog house
elon forgot linda existed the second he announced she was hired. she's just been coming in and sitting in her office tweeting and drinking and getting paid. nobody remembers what her actual job is

Seth Pecksniff
May 27, 2004

can't believe shrek is fucking dead. rip to a real one.
Idk man if I could grift money from Musk just for making anodyne tweets like Lindoreo I wouldn't necessarily turn it down

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat
Yeah, but the problem is that lindoreo is a hardcore true believer in all of the corporate and right wing bullshit, not just a grifter hanger-on

kazil
Jul 24, 2005

steinrokkan posted:

Yeah, but the problem is that lindoreo is a hardcore true believer in all of the corporate and right wing bullshit, not just a grifter hanger-on

Lindoreo was storming UCLA last night with the cops

Moonlit Knight
Nov 26, 2018
Has anyone said "it has ceased to be, it rests in peace, it is an X-Twitter" yet?

tight aspirations
Jul 13, 2009

yeah i think one guy did

robot roll call
Mar 7, 2006

dance dance dance dance dance to the radio

Platystemon posted:

It makes the fart noises quieter so that they won’t wake Joe’s daughter.

getting word that the entire 500 person Joe Mode team has been fired

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011
I think Fahrenheit is better for weather

kazil posted:

Every person there is The Worst™

It's Elon sockpuppets alllll the way down.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

temple
Jul 29, 2006

I have actual skeletons in my closet

Platystemon posted:

It makes the fart noises quieter so that they won’t wake Joe’s daughter.
No pushes the seats all the way forward so Joe Rogan can reach petals.