Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: really queer Christmas)

Best Friends
Nov 4, 2011

Al! posted:

still finding it really funny that al sharpton who encouraged people to attack any jew over a car accident, is now saying protesting israel is an antisemitic j6 style attack

“antisemitic” completely and fully just means anti israel now. The government is very close to officially saying so. And, that is how it is already used in media and politics. we’re going to need a new word to encompass “hatred of Jewish people”

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chief McHeath
Apr 23, 2002
Can someone give me the wrap with what happened with the Palestinian flag going up then some chuds coming in and putting the American flag up, or whatever the situation was with that. Preferably with a couple of links, I have a co-worker who insists that taking the American flag down was his last straw and I would like to make him look poorly.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!

Al! posted:

still finding it really funny that al sharpton who encouraged people to attack any jew over a car accident, is now saying protesting israel is an antisemitic j6 style attack

it's loving wild

StashAugustine
Mar 24, 2013

Do not trust in hope- it will betray you! Only faith and hatred sustain.

Chief McHeath posted:

Can someone give me the wrap with what happened with the Palestinian flag going up then some chuds coming in and putting the American flag up, or whatever the situation was with that. Preferably with a couple of links, I have a co-worker who insists that taking the American flag down was his last straw and I would like to make him look poorly.

"College kids are kinda silly" or "America is to blame for all this" depending on how hard you want to go

comedyblissoption
Mar 15, 2006

conflating antisemitism with antizionism is itself antisemitic. like rain on my wedding day

Nail Rat
Dec 29, 2000

You maniacs! You blew it up! God damn you! God damn you all to hell!!
Palestinians are semitic so attacking Palestine should also be anti-Semitic which means that Israel creates a time paradox

Bouillon Rube
Aug 6, 2009

Son of Thunderbeast posted:

Uncritical support to FaZe CuMdUmPsTeR

Eagerly awaiting pics of a big group of Yemeni guys holding a banner that says THANK YOU CUMDUMPSTER

Seriously though gently caress the cops and gently caress joe biden; glad this dude seems more or less ok.

VROOM VROOM
Jun 8, 2005
Portland police made their move on Refaat Al-Areer Memorial Library at 6AM - or tried to. It took them three hours to breach where the protestors were, and in that time dozens of people gathered outside to distract them. The people inside busted out the front and scattered across the park to freedom. Single-digit number of arrests and people are currently blocking the vans from leaving.

Long live Refaat Al-Areer Memorial Library.

Bouillon Rube
Aug 6, 2009

In CoD a 40mm grenade to the dome is insta death so that kid must be hard as hell

Willa Rogers
Mar 11, 2005

jessica seinfeld's money funded this:

https://twitter.com/Lowkey0nline/status/1785778072836325846

Fat-Lip-Sum-41.mp3
Nov 15, 2003
I thought Hamas did that to lure IDF soldiers out to kill them, except it was sounds of children playing happily.

Entorwellian
Jun 30, 2006

Northern Flicker
Anna's Hummingbird

Sorry, but the people have spoken.

Fat-Lip-Sum-41.mp3 posted:

I thought Hamas did that to lure IDF soldiers out to kill them, except it was sounds of children playing happily.

Yeah that is what I am remembering too

Speleothing
May 6, 2008

Spare batteries are pretty key.
Both of those things happened

Precambrian Video Games
Aug 19, 2002

Protesters have demands including divestment and cutting off ties with Israel. But ending relations with Israel doesn’t help Gazans, and, on the contrary, it’s useful for universities to have exchanges with a broad range of places, including those whose policies we disagree with.

Meanwhile, divestment won’t hurt Netanyahu or help Gazans — but it may mean lower returns for endowments. So do students favor higher tuition to cover this, or less student aid for marginalized students? And if universities divest all financial instruments linked to Israel, does that mean they must also sell all their United States Treasury bonds, since the U.S. government sends aid to Israel.

Finally, let me offer two concrete suggestions for how we can meaningfully help Palestinians that don’t involve occupying campuses, getting kicked out of college and risking the prolongation of the war.

First, raise funds for organizations actively helping Gazans, like Save the Children, Gisha or International Rescue Committee. That may seem discouragingly modest but it will help real people in desperate need.

Second, this may sound zany, but how about raising money to send as many of your student leaders as possible this summer to live in the West Bank and learn from Palestinians there (while engaging with Israelis on the way in or out)? West Bank monitors say that a recent Israeli crackdown on foreigners helping Palestinians, by denying entry or deporting people, has made this more difficult but not impossible.

WoodrowSkillson
Feb 24, 2005

*Gestures at 60 years of Lions history*

Precambrian Video Games posted:

Protesters have demands including divestment and cutting off ties with Israel. But ending relations with Israel doesn’t help Gazans, and, on the contrary, it’s useful for universities to have exchanges with a broad range of places, including those whose policies we disagree with.

Meanwhile, divestment won’t hurt Netanyahu or help Gazans — but it may mean lower returns for endowments. So do students favor higher tuition to cover this, or less student aid for marginalized students? And if universities divest all financial instruments linked to Israel, does that mean they must also sell all their United States Treasury bonds, since the U.S. government sends aid to Israel.

Finally, let me offer two concrete suggestions for how we can meaningfully help Palestinians that don’t involve occupying campuses, getting kicked out of college and risking the prolongation of the war.

First, raise funds for organizations actively helping Gazans, like Save the Children, Gisha or International Rescue Committee. That may seem discouragingly modest but it will help real people in desperate need.

Second, this may sound zany, but how about raising money to send as many of your student leaders as possible this summer to live in the West Bank and learn from Palestinians there (while engaging with Israelis on the way in or out)? West Bank monitors say that a recent Israeli crackdown on foreigners helping Palestinians, by denying entry or deporting people, has made this more difficult but not impossible.

the author of this post should not post ever again

The Ghoul
Dec 8, 2011

I got a cobra for a cock and some wrought iron balls

Shut the gently caress up, liberal.

CLAM DOWN
Feb 13, 2007

tane

Precambrian Video Games
Aug 19, 2002

WoodrowSkillson posted:

The NYT has not responded to my letters to this effect.

BillsPhoenix posted:

There were a lot of good points in response to my disparaging comments about the feckless nature of the protests. I've reconsidered.

Unlike many of the national ones, the local university is already divested from Israel. Once this was brought up, most of the protestors left.

What could they do instead? Align their demands with another student protest or school? Demand the state divest?

Are they divested from the MIC, prisons and other plainly evil businesses?

Divestment is good in and of itself but pressuring others to divest (start with pensions funds where they still exist, for example) is an added bonus.

mistermojo
Jul 3, 2004

its cool that they make sure to have him give speeches at like 10am. thats smart

speng31b
May 8, 2010

WoodrowSkillson posted:

Some managers are brutal in the way they house workers in firetraps, expose children to dangerous chemicals, deny bathroom breaks, demand sexual favors, force people to work double shifts or dismiss anyone who tries to organize a union. Agitation for improved safety conditions can be helpful, just as it was in 19th-century Europe. But Asian workers would be aghast at the idea of American consumers boycotting certain toys or clothing in protest. The simplest way to help the poorest Asians would be to buy more from sweatshops, not less.

DaysBefore
Jan 24, 2019

speng31b posted:

Some managers are brutal in the way they house workers in firetraps, expose children to dangerous chemicals, deny bathroom breaks, demand sexual favors, force people to work double shifts or dismiss anyone who tries to organize a union. Agitation for improved safety conditions can be helpful, just as it was in 19th-century Europe. But Asian workers would be aghast at the idea of American consumers boycotting certain toys or clothing in protest. The simplest way to help the poorest Asians would be to buy more from sweatshops, not less.

Oh my God

WoodrowSkillson
Feb 24, 2005

*Gestures at 60 years of Lions history*

speng31b posted:

taste my blade

Clip-On Fedora
Feb 20, 2011

Son of Thunderbeast posted:

Uncritical support to FaZe CuMdUmPsTeR

Thank god he isn’t dead.

Fat-Lip-Sum-41.mp3
Nov 15, 2003

Imagine thinking endowment has anything to do with tuition.

my college tuition was 10% higher because my penis is 10% smaller than average, which is still good, practically big

Crazypoops
Jul 17, 2017

Clip-On Fedora posted:

Thank god he isn’t dead.

I know, where would I put my cum?

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I'M HAVING A HOOT EATING CORNETTE THE LONG WAY

HallelujahLee
May 3, 2009

speng31b posted:

does krugman post on these forums

copy
Jul 26, 2007

speng31b posted:

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I'M HAVING A HOOT EATING CORNETTE THE LONG WAY
Where did you 2 find those?

VoicesCanBe
Jul 1, 2023

"Cóż, wygląda na to, że zostaliśmy łaskawie oszczędzeni trudu decydowania o własnym losie. Jakże uprzejme z ich strony, że przearanżowali Europę bez kłopotu naszego zdania!"

Liberals should not be engaged with, it's a waste of time and energy. They cannot be reached.

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:

Bouillon Rube posted:

In CoD a 40mm grenade to the dome is insta death so that kid must be hard as hell

if he took it to the forehead instead of jaw hed be dead right now

HallelujahLee
May 3, 2009

VoicesCanBe posted:

Liberals should not be engaged with, it's a waste of time and energy. They cannot be reached.

they should be trolled but otherwise yes

Justin Tyme
Feb 22, 2011

Bouillon Rube posted:

Pigs memorizing the exact pixel to fire a 40mm stun grenade over the wall into the student center immediately at spawn

Hatebag
Jun 17, 2008

Bouillon Rube posted:

that's how activist journalist ruben salazar was murdered by the lapd in 1970. they shot him in the head with a tear gas grenade and killed him instantly

youcallthatatwist
Sep 22, 2013
Speaking of protesters, L M A O

https://x.com/BBCWorld/status/1785260631634931724

PhilippAchtel
May 31, 2011

scary ghost dog posted:

just pages of emptyquotes of boring and rote catchphrases, like always

Hatebag
Jun 17, 2008

looked into it and the lapd assassinated salazar with a type of wall-piercing tear gas grenade similar to a type the iraqi military was using to murder protesting iraqis a few years ago.

PhilippAchtel
May 31, 2011

Nail Rat posted:

Palestinians are semitic so attacking Palestine should also be anti-Semitic which means that Israel creates a time paradox

It's like that Superman comic series where Lex Luthor is Superman's ancestor

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007

PhilippAchtel posted:

It's like that Superman comic series where Lex Luthor is Superman's ancestor

red son, mark millar's endings always suck lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

my_custom_username
Nov 30, 2023

speng31b posted: