Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Best in franchise
XXX
XXX: State of the Union
XXX: Return of Xander Cage
Namtab
View Results

Ohtori Akio
Jul 15, 2022
if she comes back thats a meowylich

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Fight for all that is beautiful in the world

I can't believe I'm loving dead

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

Meowywitch posted:

I can't believe I'm loving dead

rip

Southern Cassowary
Jan 3, 2023

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

https://twitter.com/mangamogurare/status/1785982376113270893

Ohtori Akio
Jul 15, 2022

free my man

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
YYYYYYEEEEEESSSSSSSS

studio mujahideen
May 3, 2005

this manga rocks

Southern Cassowary
Jan 3, 2023

i've started learning art and one of the things i'm working on is master studies. wanna learn to draw ~anime~

please rec me cool fanartists you like so i can study them

sinky
Feb 22, 2011

Slippery Tilde

Southern Cassowary posted:

i've started learning art and one of the things i'm working on is master studies. wanna learn to draw ~anime~

please rec me cool fanartists you like so i can study them

Check out tppo and Marc Brunet on youtube. They have some breakdowns of other ~anime~ artists. Like Mika Pikazo.

Erg
Oct 31, 2010

Reiche
Jan 28, 2009

I like my coffee with cream and lsd.

In my headcanon this is Zorak

Southern Cassowary
Jan 3, 2023

sinky posted:

Check out tppo and Marc Brunet on youtube. They have some breakdowns of other ~anime~ artists. Like Mika Pikazo.

already been watching brunet, i'll check out tppo

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Restaurant de Nouvelles "À Table" Proudly Presents:
A Climactic Encounter Ending on 1 Negate and a Dream

Ohtori Akio posted:

free my man

No. I agree if you're afflicted with spoiler panic You should be locked in jail.

kater
Nov 16, 2010

Getting mad about spoilers is dumb get mad about people’s uninteresting Wikipedia summaries of spoilers

Sleng Teng
May 3, 2009

I will do neither, :thanks:

kater
Nov 16, 2010

Yw

Yaoi Gagarin
Feb 20, 2014

Reiche posted:

In my headcanon this is Zorak

lmao

Fluffdaddy
Jan 3, 2009

i personally dont care about spoilers, but people who spoil things to ruin someone elses joy of discovery very much are the worst of the two parties.

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

Fluffdaddy posted:

i personally dont care about spoilers, but people who spoil things to ruin someone elses joy of discovery very much are the worst of the two parties.

Yep.

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

Agreed

Yaoi Gagarin
Feb 20, 2014

they deserve death

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry
I can't really think of any situation or conversation that was genuinely ruined by someone spoiling something but there are more times than there are stars in the sky that I've seen a conversation go completely south/toxic when a person has decided to play spoiler police because someone else didn't sufficiently CIA bar the most innocuous of of takes or observations on something. Or god forbid chose to talk about it just in general but did so in a general channel/thread rather a specific hidden channel/thread for it that has been dead for weeks or months.

People shouldn't maliciously/intentionally spoil stuff for people, yeah. But I know which of the two parties has caused more actual harm to online discourse that I've participated in and it's almost never been them.

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

I mean, we're talking about a time it did happen, so

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

Ohtori Akio posted:

free my man

Fluffdaddy posted:

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

also that's sick, even if i'm getting my rear end handed to me in EDH right now

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

People who post in anime threads despite having read the manga and pretend not to know what's going to happen and posting 'guesses' or 'theories' are the biggest failtards of all.

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

Anyway, I finally decided to knuckle down and try to learn to read Japanese starting this past Sunday, finished identifying hiragana and started on kanji yesterday

Please feverishly praise/furiously mock me as you see fit

Sleng Teng
May 3, 2009

Ibram Gaunt posted:

People who post in anime threads despite having read the manga and pretend not to know what's going to happen and posting 'guesses' or 'theories' about what'll happen are the biggest failtards of all.

lol yeah. And they think they are slick / not obvious too.

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

Arist posted:

Anyway, I finally decided to knuckle down and try to learn to read Japanese starting this past Sunday, finished identifying hiragana and started on kanji yesterday

Godspeed gamer...Been on the grind again myself too.

Sleng Teng
May 3, 2009

Learning Japanese ftw.

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

Arist posted:

hey this stupid gently caress is learning a second language and expanding his mental faculties!!! gently caress you!!!

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

I've made attempts with Duolingo before but I knew that app was terrible for Japanese going into those attempts and trying again with just online resources has made it even clearer how unhelpful that app was

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
Post all your spoilers in Japanese.

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Nate RFB posted:

I can't really think of any situation or conversation that was genuinely ruined by someone spoiling something but there are more times than there are stars in the sky that I've seen a conversation go completely south/toxic when a person has decided to play spoiler police because someone else didn't sufficiently CIA bar the most innocuous of of takes or observations on something. Or god forbid chose to talk about it just in general but did so in a general channel/thread rather a specific hidden channel/thread for it that has been dead for weeks or months.

People shouldn't maliciously/intentionally spoil stuff for people, yeah. But I know which of the two parties has caused more actual harm to online discourse that I've participated in and it's almost never been them.

The ff14 thread does this occasionally and it's always over the dumbest poo poo possible. Like the time that someone had a breakdown because a poster said a character who's in the in game trailer and every bit of advertising the expac had had appeared in the main story of a then year amd a half old expac. Intentionally spoiling poo poo is fail and dumb but I see that once for every few dozen of the people afraid of spoilers screaming about conversations that are not spoilers.

The art and fun of a story is much more than the novelty, kill the fear of spoilers in your head.

ZenMasterBullshit fucked around with this message at 17:31 on May 3, 2024

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

Thinking about someone saying that expansion names are spoilers.

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

Just because you have anecdotal evidence about people being shits about spoilers is no excuse to post spoilers. You're just enabling lovely behavior when you argue on the behalf of the spoiler poster.

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Ibram Gaunt posted:

Thinking about someone saying that expansion names are spoilers.

That LP thread is fun but some of the posters have truly magical thinking.

Fluffdaddy
Jan 3, 2009

Ibram Gaunt posted:

People who post in anime threads despite having read the manga and pretend not to know what's going to happen and posting 'guesses' or 'theories' are the biggest failtards of all.

Yup outside of perverts are the only ones who get the guillotine in ADRTW

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Kwyndig posted:

Just because you have anecdotal evidence about people being shits about spoilers is no excuse to post spoilers. You're just enabling lovely behavior when you argue on the behalf of the spoiler poster.

See? magical thinking.

That's not a point or argument anyone made, relax