Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

DEEP STATE PLOT posted:

i really hope it's a new thing, and also that it does well enough for a snes-themed sequel

Pyoro posted a hint yesterday and today said it is not a port so looks like it's a new thing. Which is cool, NES Remix was fun and it's sad we never got SNES Remix.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kevyn
Mar 5, 2003

I just want to smile. Just once. I'd like to just, one time, go to Disney World and smile like the other boys and girls.
The ESRB review mentions defeating enemies with swords and arrows, so it’s probably got Zelda and maybe Kid Icarus in there.

Original cart had Rad Racer and Tetris, which aren’t really Nintendo games. It’s possible that they’d pay Square and TTC for the rights, but I doubt it.

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

I would love a remake of Kid Icarus Uprising with a better control scheme honestly (or better yet a sequel, preferably with the same voice cast)

Kevyn
Mar 5, 2003

I just want to smile. Just once. I'd like to just, one time, go to Disney World and smile like the other boys and girls.

Larryb posted:

I would love a remake of Kid Icarus Uprising with a better control scheme honestly (or better yet a sequel, preferably with the same voice cast)

Same. Uprising remaster is probably my most wanted release for the rest of the Switch 1’s life.

Palmtree Panic
Jul 28, 2007

He has no style, he has no grace

Larryb posted:

Kirby and the Rainbow Curse (or Paintbrush if you're in the UK) is getting either a port or a remake at some point it seems:

https://www.vooks.net/new-trademarks-filed-for-kirby-and-the-rainbow-paintbrush-fullblox/

Hoping for the latter honestly since the Switch doesn't have a stylus and it'd basically be the TWEWY port all over again

More importantly, this suggests the return of Pushmo/Fullblox.

WHY BONER NOW
Mar 6, 2016

Pillbug
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qAsTUvfY_Sw

They're incorporating a job system, based on what weapon the robot is holding. Unlock abilities by completing missions while using a specific job. These abilities are persistent even if you change jobs. So you can mix and match abilities from different jobs to customize your bots. Additionally, characters have personal upgrades

Royal dieselbots are back, among some new enemy factions. Lookin good!

404notfound
Mar 5, 2006

stop staring at me

Mister Facetious posted:

You can't use the word "curse" in the UK?

Angry, cursing Kirby is exclusive to America

Waffle!
Aug 6, 2004

I Feel Pretty!

404notfound posted:

Angry, cursing Kirby is exclusive to America

Turns out "Poyo" is a slur.

External Organs
Mar 3, 2006

One time i prank called a bear buildin workshop and said I wanted my mamaws ashes put in a teddy from where she loved them things so well... The woman on the phone did not skip a beat. She just said, "Brang her on down here. We've did it before."

WHY BONER NOW posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qAsTUvfY_Sw

They're incorporating a job system, based on what weapon the robot is holding. Unlock abilities by completing missions while using a specific job. These abilities are persistent even if you change jobs. So you can mix and match abilities from different jobs to customize your bots. Additionally, characters have personal upgrades

Royal dieselbots are back, among some new enemy factions. Lookin good!

This looks fabulous

Regular Wario
Mar 27, 2010

Slippery Tilde
Update on Endless Ocean: i have a crab friend riding on my tank as i swim around

man nurse
Feb 18, 2014

I can see why the newest Endless Ocean is reviewing poorly, and that’s because there’s so little to it. Just swim around and scan sea life for as long as you feel like it.

And you know what? I’m down. I enjoyed the very minimalistic and chill approach of the original game, and I felt the sequel lost that with the danger elements and stuff. Does that make for more compelling gameplay? Probably. But I’m just here to soak up the atmosphere and fill out the Pokédex.

This seems like a good game to just pop into whenever the mood strikes, maybe get stoned off your rear end if that’s your thing.

No idea how much I’ll come back to it, I kinda feel like it won’t have a very robust shelf life. But I like it anyway.

This game is going to appeal to such a minuscule crowd though. There’s absolutely nothing here for someone who isn’t enticed by the concept on paper.

Beachcomber
May 21, 2007

Another day in paradise.

Slippery Tilde
One thing I prefer about Blue World is that you go to where the fish are, there isn't just a magical ocean where every fish in the world, fresh and salt, are right next to each other.

It's more educational and immersive. I also liked being able to go ashore.

Sarah Cenia
Apr 2, 2008

Laying in the forest, by the water
Underneath these ferns
You'll never find me
if it were somehow like 15bux I would totally buy it because my entire thing is getting stoned off my rear end and playing switch games

might get Balatro
might just keep playing monster sanctuary

Gilgamesh255
Aug 15, 2015

John Wick of Dogs posted:

loving magnets.

How do they work?

NANOMACHINES, SON! :patriot:

Regular Wario
Mar 27, 2010

Slippery Tilde
yeah, i liked the different environments you swam through in Blue World better than one big map style this one has. it would be better if it were the environments changing with each dive instead of the map squares and your starting area shifting

i've done 3 dives and have already seen like 400 of the 500 or so fish which is a bit of a shame

theres the UML creatures to find but its better to do those on a shared dives because its a pain to find the 7 weird fish on a solo dive, the game says they are in the orange circles but you only see the orange circles if you have uncovered that part of the map

Xenomrph
Dec 9, 2005

AvP Nerd/Fanboy/Shill

Is there an appropriate place to share Switch friend codes and friend up with goons and stuff?

doomrider7
Nov 29, 2018

Xenomrph posted:

Is there an appropriate place to share Switch friend codes and friend up with goons and stuff?

I recall there was a Discord, but I'm not sure if it was Splatoon based or general Nintendo based.

Xenomrph
Dec 9, 2005

AvP Nerd/Fanboy/Shill

doomrider7 posted:

I recall there was a Discord, but I'm not sure if it was Splatoon based or general Nintendo based.

Yeah there’s a Nintengoons discord, I just poked around in there a bit

Zulily Zoetrope
Jun 1, 2011

Muldoon
I've recently started playing 13 Sentinels, and I've got a mechanics question, but also I don't want to google anything for risk of spoilers, so I figure this'd be a safe place to as. Tagged just in case, though I don't think there's anything spoilery in there:

Is there any penalty to just ignoring the fatigue mechanism in the battle segments? Other than not getting the score multiplier, obviously. I don't particularly care about high scores or fully kitting out every Sentinel, I just want to be able to hit S ranks and bonus objectives for the file unlocks.

Gorilla Radio
May 10, 2007
On behalf of the Serbs, we're very sorry for the Hillary Clinton sniper incident. Next time, we'll aim better.
Probably going to spend some of this paycheck on TMNT: Cowabunga Collection.

Any word on a Simpsons: Eat My Shorts collection? I would kill for the Simpsons beat em up arcade game on a home system.

otter
Jul 23, 2007

Ask me about my XCOM and controller collection

word.

Gorilla Radio posted:

Probably going to spend some of this paycheck on TMNT: Cowabunga Collection.

Any word on a Simpsons: Eat My Shorts collection? I would kill for the Simpsons beat em up arcade game on a home system.

Konami is… special about game licensing. It’s on Xbox arcade for 360 but if you didn’t buy it many years ago a hacked 360 is your best bet.

Kevyn
Mar 5, 2003

Don’t all the Simpsons game from that era suck rear end except that arcade game?

otter
Jul 23, 2007

word.

Kevyn posted:

Don’t all the Simpsons game from that era suck rear end except that arcade game?

Yes. Yes they do. I am super shocked they licensed the arcade 1up version at all really. What are you afraid of Konami? Making money? Cowards!

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

Dallas Mavericks: Generations

otter posted:

Yes. Yes they do. I am super shocked they licensed the arcade 1up version at all really. What are you afraid of Konami? Making money? Cowards!

Sometimes I’m shocked at releases arcade 1up can pull off. Examples include the Simpsons game, MVC2, X-Men Arcade game, and the NBA Jam games with old rosters.

WaltherFeng
May 15, 2013

50 thousand people used to live here. Now, it's the Mushroom Kingdom.

Zulily Zoetrope posted:

I've recently started playing 13 Sentinels, and I've got a mechanics question, but also I don't want to google anything for risk of spoilers, so I figure this'd be a safe place to as. Tagged just in case, though I don't think there's anything spoilery in there:

Is there any penalty to just ignoring the fatigue mechanism in the battle segments? Other than not getting the score multiplier, obviously. I don't particularly care about high scores or fully kitting out every Sentinel, I just want to be able to hit S ranks and bonus objectives for the file unlocks.

As far as I know fatique only prevents you from relying on same pilots so you need to rotate people. Fatiqued pilots can't participate in combat until they've rested up.

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

otter posted:

Were any of the 3D Simpsons games decent for that matter or was the Arcade Game the only good one period?

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Fight for all that is beautiful in the world

Larryb posted:

Were any of the 3D Simpsons games decent for that matter or was the Arcade Game the only good one period?

hit and run and

ChaseSP
Mar 25, 2013

Road Rage is an enjoyable crazy taxi reskin.

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Fight for all that is beautiful in the world

ChaseSP posted:

Road Rage is an enjoyable crazy taxi reskin.

It's better tbh

Hit or miss Clitoris
Apr 19, 2003
I HAVE BEEN A VERY NAUGHTY BOY

I never played hit and run but a ton of people say it's the best (non Konami arcade) Simpsons game, as it's basically GTA Springfield. Road Rage was my favorite Simpsons game and is absolutely just Crazy Taxi but you can run over Chief Wiggum until he stops standing up. The Simpsons Game wasn't the worst thing I've played, it was ok, but that makes it a hundred times better than any other Simpsons game (besides H&R/RR), as it was at least written by the same team that wrote the movie and came back around season 18, when the show started getting not horrible again. Simpsons Game is only as good as your opinion on the Simpsons movie, and gameplay wise it depends how much you like late 00s collectathons.

Bart Vs The Space Mutants is one of those games that I absolutely love for how terrible and unplayable it is. I've only been as far as level 2 maybe twice in my life, and if there were ever a Simpsons Eat My Shorts collection I would buy it day one and spend dozens of hours on it and never beat a single stage in any game in the collection, but I adore kusoge so to answer your question no they are all awful

wizard2
Apr 4, 2022
I never thought Simpsons Hit & Run was that great a game back in the day, tbh! I was just so about the Nintendo Gamecube that I had a copy for the novelty of owning the 2nd Best Simpsons video game. I probably would not enjoy it today at all. I have had my fill of GTA games forever. The bizarre charm and the gameplay of the Arcade Game I do think still holds up when it was on 360 or PS3.

I do appreciate Hit & Run stuff on Youtube, and how that one dude allegedly reverse engineed the game to work perfectly and then deliberately did not leak it.

wizard2 fucked around with this message at 19:38 on May 5, 2024

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Virtual Springfield ftw

Kevyn
Mar 5, 2003

I have nostalgia for Bart’s House of Weirdness which no one played because it was DOS only. It’s a bad game but I enjoyed it anyway. It’s certainly better than Bart vs the Space Mutants at least.

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

I have the Simpsons 1Up cabinet and highly recommend it to anyone that can grab it on sale.
It comes with a bowling game and can be played online.

poo poo rules.

Pillow Armadillo
Nov 15, 2005

"Beware the Jabberwock, my son!"
I played the poo poo out of Bart's Nightmare on the SEGA Genesis way back when. That was a fun Simpsons game.

beer gas canister
Oct 30, 2007

shmups are da best come play some shmups they're cheap and good and you like them
Plaster Town Cop
Who's played Assault Suits Valken Declassified? It's cheap at the moment and it looks rad

I've very much enjoyed turning my Switch into a retro game storage closet over the years

otter
Jul 23, 2007

word.

Larryb posted:

I have The Simpsons Game for 360. It's pretty fun. I will probably play through it this summer finally. I don't think it's backwards compatible though.

eightysixed
Sep 23, 2004

I always tell the truth. Even when I lie.

Pillow Armadillo posted:

I played the poo poo out of Bart's Nightmare on the SEGA Genesis way back when. That was a fun Simpsons game.
This is an accurate post :hmmyes:

That might have been my favorite one.

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

simpsons hit and run was never really 'good' by most metrics. it was incredibly limited if you wanted anything even remotely approaching a gta game and mostly all there was to do was go through a cycle of like 3 different mission types for the story which were basically all riffs on timed races or chases, with probably collecting some items mixed in the middle of it. they also just make you grind for money to buy a new outfit to even be able to do some of the missions, which sucks because there's very few ways to do that that aren't just driving around the mostly barren maps to drive into money crates or find the wasp cameras to destroy. also, 95% of the missions were incredibly easy but the remaining 2-3 not covered by that are basically down to the millisecond and need to be done perfectly or you're going to fail, which was some insane whiplash to deal with.

road rage was a lot more fun in general as an overall game because it was pretty honest on the surface about just being a crazy taxi reskin with goofy simpsons dialogue

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

if i wanted GTA I'd play GTA, if i wanted Hit & Run i'd play Hit & Run. both good, simple as