Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

kingcobweb posted:

oh poo poo i forgot that was on, i haven't even finished my coffee

it's been good so far, Wagner has incredible d

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

how can we not talk about family
when family's all that we got?
leaving Howard off the NBA top 76 was such an insane level of disrespect I still can't believe it

Chronicles
Oct 24, 2013

they put damian loving lillard on it

Chronicles
Oct 24, 2013

over dwight!!

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

the media only started watching dwight once he joined the lakers

kingcobweb
Apr 16, 2005

In Training posted:

it's been good so far, Wagner has incredible d

Same.

Chronicles
Oct 24, 2013

Shear Modulus posted:

surely they saw him at least get beat by the lakers

Salvor_Hardin
Sep 13, 2005

I want to go protest.
Nap Ghost

Shear Modulus posted:

This is gonna be fun!

kingcobweb
Apr 16, 2005

Salvor_Hardin posted:

This is gonna be fun!

all-time iconic cover

tristeham
Jul 31, 2022
Probation
Can't post for 6 hours!
predicted 7/8. dunno why i thought the old farts suns could ever win.

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

https://x.com/vincestaples/status/1787252614243254719

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA
:xickos:

tristeham posted:

predicted 7/8. dunno why i thought the old farts suns could ever win.

its time ot take them out to pasture and euthanize kevin durant

biceps crimes
Apr 12, 2008

suns would have probably looked less dire if they had played literally any other team in the first round

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA

biceps crimes posted:

suns would have probably looked less dire if they had played literally any other team in the first round

are you saying this years wolves are the best team in nba history?

Ferdinand the Bull
Jul 30, 2006

Dwight couldn't shoot, couldn't really dribble, but what he could do is score in the post, grab rebounds, and keep you from doing it.

Like what people think Rudy Gobert is defensively, plus an absolutely unstoppable post game. He would dunk on your favorite big guys head, regularly.

The league chooses to unperson him cuz he likes men.

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA

misandry? in my nba?

biceps crimes
Apr 12, 2008

fart simpson posted:

are you saying this years wolves are the best team in nba history?

not initially, no, but now you have me thinking

Yossarian-22
Oct 26, 2014

biceps crimes posted:

I don't think there's any overrated players. Underrated wise, I feel like Tim Duncan was the most underrated, but he's been increasingly recognized as a top player since his retirement, so idk there either

According to basketball reference box plus/minus stats, CP3 and David Robinson were the most underrated players all time. Robinson never got the credit he really deserved because he played on poo poo teams, got outplayed one series by Olajuwon and never won a ring until Duncan but he was one of the greatest defenders of all time with five top 3 MVP finishes in the MJ/Malone/Olajuwon era and multiple 25/10 seasons on very few shot attempts. Dude even averaged 4.5 blocks one year

Isiah Thomas probably the most overrated. Just had the Chauncey Billups luck of being the top offensive player on a historic defensive juggernaut team

Yossarian-22
Oct 26, 2014

Ferdinand the Bull posted:

Dwight couldn't shoot, couldn't really dribble, but what he could do is score in the post, grab rebounds, and keep you from doing it.

Like what people think Rudy Gobert is defensively, plus an absolutely unstoppable post game. He would dunk on your favorite big guys head, regularly.

The league chooses to unperson him cuz he likes men.

Dwight also got worse as the era changed to be more about outside shooting and he also has a bad reputation with the media, multiple assault charges, etc. Then again in the NBA that's sort of a whomst amongst us thing lol

It was insane that Klay was considered one of the biggest omissions when Kyrie and Jimmy Butler were also right there, but once again their reputations preceded them

Yossarian-22 has issued a correction as of 08:28 on May 6, 2024

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA

Yossarian-22 posted:

According to basketball reference box plus/minus stats, CP3 and David Robinson were the most underrated players all time. Robinson never got the credit he really deserved because he played on poo poo teams, got outplayed one series by Olajuwon and never won a ring until Duncan but he was one of the greatest defenders of all time with five top 3 MVP finishes in the MJ/Malone/Olajuwon era and multiple 25/10 seasons on very few shot attempts. Dude even averaged 4.5 blocks one year

Isiah Thomas probably the most overrated. Just had the Chauncey Billups luck of being the top offensive player on a historic defensive juggernaut team

were the 2017 celtics really that good defensively?

Yossarian-22
Oct 26, 2014

lol I keep having to remind myself that the Pistons guy was Isiah and Boston's was Isaiah

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA

Yossarian-22 posted:

lol I keep having to remind myself that the Pistons guy was Isiah and Boston's was Isaiah

the modern version of this is that the thunder's guy is jalen and the thunder's guy is jaylin

Cassian of Imola
Feb 9, 2011

Keeping her memory alive!

fart simpson posted:

cp3 never did anything worth mentioning lol

how can you say this

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fTCxadJO7ns

Cassian of Imola has issued a correction as of 16:57 on May 6, 2024

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

does an All Lakers team beat an All NBA team from the other 29 franchises in a 7 game series?

Magic
Kobe
LeBron
Pau
Shaq

bench:
Kareem
AD
Fisher
VanExel
uh, Jerry West why not

you can include either Shaq OR LeBron on the non-Lakers team but not both

e: I kind of think Kobe and LeBron would work really well together since LeBron is fine handing over offensive responsibility in the clutch. no real 3 point threats though

indigi has issued a correction as of 15:14 on May 6, 2024

kingcobweb
Apr 16, 2005

indigi posted:

does an All Lakers team beat an All NBA team from the other 29 franchises in a 7 game series?

Magic
Kobe
LeBron
Pau
Shaq

bench:
Kareem
AD
Fisher
VanExel
uh, Jerry West why not

you can include either Shaq OR LeBron on the non-Lakers team but not both

I kind of think Kobe and LeBron would work really well together since LeBron is fine handing over offensive responsibility in the clutch. no real 3 point threats though

as a Laker hater it pains me to say you left off Wilt

team Lakers is unfortunately good but lacks outside shooting. the opposing team could be something like

Curry
Jordan
Bird
Duncan/Garnett/Nowitzki
Jokic

probably a perimeter “stopper” player off the bench, choice of pippen/rodman/draymond

team Lakers is kinda overloaded with “get you a bucket” guys and no shooters or defenders. lakers LeBron wasn’t DPOY caliber like his younger version.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

lol that you have Curry as the PG of the field team over Chauncey Billups

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

yeah shooting is a weakness. Kobe will shoot he's just not very good at it by modern standards. I think Wilt would probably bump AD? lots of size

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Jerry west over Kobe 100 days out of 100

also wilt and Kareem are better than shaq

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

Wilt would bump Pau who would bump one of the tail end bench guys IMO

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

euphronius posted:

I think you use Curry to punish Shaq/Kareem on switches at the perimeter. Shaq especially wouldn't close out for poo poo and Steph have a lot of wide open looks

Probably Magic
Oct 9, 2012

Looking cute, feeling cute.
I like Pau a lot, but having him over James Worthy feels wrong.

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

euphronius posted:

curry is like one of the best pgs of all time, i think the only person above him is magic johnson

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

indigi posted:

I think you use Curry to punish Shaq/Kareem on switches at the perimeter. Shaq especially wouldn't close out for poo poo and Steph have a lot of wide open looks

yes but west would do all of that and play defense pass etc

kingcobweb
Apr 16, 2005
whoever you don’t start at 5 between Shaq and Wilt ragequits the team and calls the coach homophobic slurs in the press

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

loquacius posted:

Wilt would bump Pau who would bump one of the tail end bench guys IMO

could Wilt play PF?

kingcobweb
Apr 16, 2005

AnimeIsTrash posted:

curry is like one of the best pgs of all time, i think the only person above him is magic johnson

prime CP3 was up there, but i thought the spacing/gravity aspect of curry would be the best on an all time team that actually had to play together.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

sorry I was confusing the field and lakers teams there

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

euphronius posted:

yes but west would do all of that and play defense pass etc

West doesn't even know what a 3PA is. he's literally never taken one

e: oh yeah lol

kingcobweb
Apr 16, 2005

indigi posted:

could Wilt play PF?

no

zero outside shot, defensive style is “stand in the paint.” by the time he was a laker he wasn’t as mobile as in his younger days.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

if you just want spacing there are better options then curry. like ray allen.