Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Centzon Totochtin
Jan 2, 2009
https://twitter.com/tentenchan2525/status/1786976994934374564?s=19

The crossover event we need

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dublish
Oct 31, 2011

Aura never met Fern and Stark.

7.5/10

Whitenoise Poster
Mar 26, 2010

I've given it a few days thought and I've decided that the biggest flaw in the story is the fact that the shapeshifter situation didn't happen when all of Shuro's and Kabru's and maybe even the old gnome guy's party with Namari in it were there all at once.

Nitrousoxide
May 30, 2011

do not buy a oneplus phone

Missed a chance to make Frieren an oblivion elf.

Popo
Apr 24, 2008

Homestuck is a true work of art surpassing all of Shakespeare's works.

I will never escape "Centaur meets the wrong half"

SexyBlindfold
Apr 24, 2008
i dont care how much probation i get capital letters are for squares hehe im so laid back an nice please read my low effort shitposts about the arab spring

thanxs!!!
animation review for the latest ep:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mT1qwifq0Ec

honestly wouldn't have noticed this episode was outsorcing-heavy if it wasn't pointed out

Digamma-F-Wau
Mar 22, 2016

It is curious and wants to accept all kinds of challenges
From what I understand, the episodes so far that have had a significant amount of outsourcing have been episode 2 (the Basilisk/Mandrake ep, outsourced to Studio Colorido), episode 4 (the Golem/Orc ep, outsourced to Yostar Pictures), episode 6 (the Living Painting/Mimic ep, outsourced to Enishiya), episode 14 (the Sea Serpent ep, outsourced to Studio Wit), and now this ep (outsourced to Studio Kai)

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

With the current schedules for production outsourcing is inevitable. It's impossible for one studio to produce 24 episodes of anime with consistent quality in the time they are given by the production committees. I'd say instead of chiding Trigger for outsourcing be glad that the outsourced episodes still look good and mostly on model. That means they picked good studios to do the work, instead of just grabbing whoever was available.

Fluffdaddy
Jan 3, 2009

a 10 minute review of a 22 minute show is this punishment?

ninjewtsu
Oct 9, 2012

Kwyndig posted:

With the current schedules for production outsourcing is inevitable. It's impossible for one studio to produce 24 episodes of anime with consistent quality in the time they are given by the production committees. I'd say instead of chiding Trigger for outsourcing be glad that the outsourced episodes still look good and mostly on model. That means they picked good studios to do the work, instead of just grabbing whoever was available.

can i chide the production committees for being poo poo

NmareBfly
Jul 16, 2004

I posted my food for USPOL Thanksgiving!

Fluffdaddy posted:

He's done one for every episode and they've all been super good and informative imo.

It's not really a review, it's a technical animation and adaptation breakdown. Almost always points out some stuff I didn't spot, like how for some reason big Laios looking around has an absurd number of frames.

May contain the occasional slight spoiler or foreshadowing but nothing dramatic besides hints.

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

ninjewtsu posted:

can i chide the production committees for being poo poo

You certainly can. Production committees are the source of pretty much all the problems with anime. Them and the big book publishers.

Digamma-F-Wau
Mar 22, 2016

Kwyndig posted:

I don't think anyone in the thread was talking negatively about the fact that Trigger did some outsourcing for the show

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
I was surprised when I saw Studio Wit as one of the outsourced studios.

Is posting episode previews released on Kadokawa's official YouTube channel considered kosher. They've got one up for Thursday's episode.

Arc Hammer fucked around with this message at 22:51 on May 6, 2024

Digamma-F-Wau
Mar 22, 2016

Not sure how the mods would rule, but I'd say spoiler tag it and that discussing the contents is fine-ish, but spoiler tagged with some sort of note that the spoiler tagged stuff is related to the trailer

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

Whitenoise Poster posted:

I've given it a few days thought and I've decided that the biggest flaw in the story is the fact that the shapeshifter situation didn't happen when all of Shuro's and Kabru's and maybe even the old gnome guy's party with Namari in it were there all at once.

On the one hand I would love this, on the other hand this would have been such an incredibly complicated thing to conceptualize and draw that I feel almost guilty for wanting it.

Can Of Worms
Sep 4, 2011

That's not how the Triangle Attack works...
source

Lazy Fair
Sep 23, 2019

Fluffdaddy posted:

Are you unfamiliar with the tradition of art critique?

It's rather brief, if anything.

Suleman
Sep 4, 2011

It just works!

https://www.tumblr.com/floofkvist-art/749585031675199488/im-not-the-first-to-make-this-crossover-but-its

https://kingworm.tumblr.com/post/745460281646448640/dungeon-moomin-meshi

Begemot
Oct 14, 2012

The One True Oden

Love how you don't have to change Senshi one bit, he's already a Moomin character :allears:

Fluffdaddy
Jan 3, 2009

Lazy Fair posted:

Very familiar I just have youtube allergies

Sagabal
Apr 24, 2010

Lazy Fair posted:

youtube video essay pervert detected

moist banana bread
Dec 17, 2023

banana Jake!
homies I need to tell someone this thing is the only anime I've vibed for since I was a wee sprout.

It's wholesome and hosed up and weird an raunchy without being creepy and don't you dare spoil whatever tragedy has Senshi suddenly dropping the presumably rest of his life to just kick it with a new found family because my boyfriend has read ahead and assures me he will get to be a whole rear end character and not just a mystery man.

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Pandamn It Feels Good To Be A Gangsta
Grimey Drawer

Kwyndig posted:

You certainly can. Production committees are the source of pretty much all the problems with anime. Them and the big book publishers.

One could argue that production committees/producers in general are the source of a whole lot of problems in most media, from anime to movies to video games to [etc, etc].

Lisztless
Jun 25, 2005

E-flat affect

moist banana bread posted:

homies I need to tell someone this thing is the only anime I've vibed for since I was a wee sprout.
It's my wife and I's favorite currently airing TV show, and neither one of us are avid anime watchers. It's really good.

Zeruel
Mar 27, 2010

Alert: bad post spotted.
senshi cries over spilled milk

Captain Oblivious
Oct 12, 2007

I'm not like other posters

It's wholesome and hosed up and weird an raunchy without being creepy and don't you dare spoil whatever tragedy has Senshi suddenly dropping the presumably rest of his life to just kick it with a new found family because my boyfriend has read ahead and assures me he will get to be a whole rear end character and not just a mystery man.

:yeah:

MadFriarAvelyn
Sep 25, 2007

I've long held Cowboy Bebop as my favorite anime since I was a teenager. Anime releases over the past few years have shaken that opinion.

Dungeon Meshi shattered it and I can't stop recommending it to family and friends, even if they aren't big anime people.

It is so good.

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
https://twitter.com/co1fee/status/1787984806875422749?t=c4YeCsdBIhXg2aXng9M_Og&s=19

Kassad
Nov 12, 2005

It's about time.
<--- Falin

Fluffdaddy
Jan 3, 2009

I don't think falin is built like tade but okay

Vonnie
Sep 13, 2011
But they just drew her the same size as Laios?

Plant MONSTER.
Mar 16, 2018

I was watching simpsons at 0.75 without knowing until a scene where homer and bart were getting back massages at a hotel and the noises they were making were super drawn out like a youtube poop

Raunchy, though?

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."
Anime companies are always divvying out work to others. That one street in Tokyo with all the production houses on it has runners constantly in and out of each others’ offices getting episodes ready for broadcast.

chiasaur11
Oct 22, 2012

The_Doctor posted:

Anime companies are always divvying out work to others. That one street in Tokyo with all the production houses on it has runners constantly in and out of each others’ offices getting episodes ready for broadcast.

Comes up a lot in Shirobako. Good show. Educational as well.

Centzon Totochtin
Jan 2, 2009

Plant MONSTER. posted:

Raunchy, though?

Laios touched senshi's chest to heal him

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

All those Senshi bulge shots

Zeruel
Mar 27, 2010

Alert: bad post spotted.
senshi's fat loving nuts

ThatBasqueGuy
Feb 14, 2013

someone introduce jojo to lazyb

A feast for the eyes as well

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

Zeruel posted:

senshi's fat loving nuts

That's right, nuts are high in essential fats and protein! Eat a handful and they'll give you the energy you need to make it through!