Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mushika
Dec 22, 2010

Tunicate posted:

Man my nextdoor is pretty chill, most of the posts are stuff like animal pics

Thems some good osprey photos.

My Nextdoor, the once or twice a year I deign to check it, is the usual boomer poo poo that's always "oh did you hear that gunfire last night" and I always want to reply "no shut up until you're ready to get up against the wall or put the capitalists up against it" but none of them would really get it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ReelBigLizard
Feb 27, 2003

Fallen Rib
We have a driving service here where the guys have little folding electric scooters (the kind with a seat, think motocampo style). You book them ahead of time and they scoot up, fold the scoot and pop it in the boot/trunk/frunk, and drive you home.

It's been going for decades and it's very popular, we've got one booked for our next work social. The company/drivers have insurance for any vehicle type, and obviously they get experience in a lot of different cars. We did have to talk one guy through getting going in our Nissan Leaf but it was no trouble.

TK8325
Sep 22, 2014

here in wisconsin they just let you drive drunk. you can get like 10 duis and still keep your license.

Chief McHeath
Apr 23, 2002
At 11 do they put a gold frame on it

TotalLossBrain
Oct 20, 2010

Hier graben!

Chief McHeath posted:

At 11 do they put a gold frame on it

You have to be IK of your community for 12 months or until the next DUI King unseats you

A Fancy Hat
Nov 18, 2016

Always remember that the former President was dumber than the dumbest person you've ever met by a wide margin

Somebody caught a video of a fox on their ring doorbell camera and foolishly posted it since foxes are cool. I actually saw an albino fox in our neighborhood last year and it was a pretty awesome experience. Anyway, a lot of brain geniuses are convinced it's actually a coyote.

"" posted:

Looks like a coyote to me

"" posted:

Coyote

"" posted:

Looks like small coyote. Fox don't have legs like that

"" posted:

Where is this? Cause I live there and let my dogs out

"" posted:

Coyote based on the pattern

A bunch of actual animal experts then confirm it's a fox, the neighborhood has fox dens, and foxes are known to build dens around residential areas because it helps keep predators away. Somebody else posts a video from their house with a fox (maybe even the same one) and it's very obviously a fox in that video.

"" posted:

That is also a coyote

hellotoothpaste
Dec 21, 2006

I dare you to call it a perm again..

Ghost Leviathan posted:

I remember years back I saw an ad for a service called Dial-A-Driver which was basically a designated driver for hire, who'd get dropped off and drive you home in your car when you're under the influence. It seemed to me like a neat idea, but on some thought I can see how logistically it'd probably end up not worth it.

And that on the other hand is definitely logistically sensible.

https://youtu.be/1B_uPF0rCls?feature=shared

Flowers for QAnon
May 20, 2019

Mushika posted:

My Nextdoor, the once or twice a year I deign to check it, is the usual boomer poo poo that's always "oh did you hear that gunfire last night" and I always want to reply "no shut up until you're ready to get up against the wall or put the capitalists up against it" but none of them would really get it.

You should totally pwn those old fuckers!! Get em!

Cactus Ghost
Dec 20, 2003

you can actually inflate your scrote pretty safely with sterile saline, syringes, needles, and aseptic technique. its a niche kink iirc

the saline just slowly gets absorbed into your blood but in the meantime you got a big round smooth distended nutsack

Flowers for QAnon posted:

this but unironically

Croccers
Jun 15, 2012

Flowers for QAnon posted:

They should ask them where they are and offer to shoot at their houses so they know the difference.

Because Knowing is half the battle

TITTIEKISSER69
Mar 19, 2005

SAVE THE BEES
PLANT MORE TREES
CLEAN THE SEAS
KISS TITTIESS

I think they'd rather just eat their porkchop sandwiches.

blatman
May 10, 2009

14 inc dont mez

A Fancy Hat posted:

Somebody caught a video of a fox on their ring doorbell camera and foolishly posted it since foxes are cool. I actually saw an albino fox in our neighborhood last year and it was a pretty awesome experience. Anyway, a lot of brain geniuses are convinced it's actually a coyote.

A bunch of actual animal experts then confirm it's a fox, the neighborhood has fox dens, and foxes are known to build dens around residential areas because it helps keep predators away. Somebody else posts a video from their house with a fox (maybe even the same one) and it's very obviously a fox in that video.

3rd quote is dumb as poo poo, i've seen several foxes and most of them had plenty of legs

josh2112
Jul 25, 2007
Is that a meteor? That's a cool meteor.
I want to see the original too-long post.

Scrotum Modem
Sep 12, 2014

Yep there are. The kind you get a prescription for from your veterinarian after you actually get your cat diagnosed by a professional

Cyrano4747
Sep 25, 2006

Yes, I know I'm old, get off my fucking lawn so I can yell at these clouds.

Pumpkin puree also works great. Not pumpkin pie mix - that's got cinnamon and other stuff cats shouldn't eat - but straight up pumpkin puree. Mix it in with their regular food, it's just water and fiber that shoots straight through them.

We Got Us A Bread
Jul 23, 2007

Scrotum Modem posted:

Yep there are. The kind you get a prescription for from your veterinarian after you actually get your cat diagnosed by a professional

You don't even get a prescription. I had a Maine Coon/Manx mix that randomly got stopped up, and the vet told me to just give her Miralax.

canyoneer
Sep 13, 2005

I only have canyoneyes for you

Nighthand posted:

New job opportunity just dropped.

We had a guy working with us on construction sites who was awful at time management and chronically late, but did actual good work if and when he showed up. We had another guy who was always on time but just really sucked at his job. We used to joke if we could get the second guy to drive the first guy around they'd both combine to be one really good employee.

Cyrano4747 posted:

Pumpkin puree also works great. Not pumpkin pie mix - that's got cinnamon and other stuff cats shouldn't eat - but straight up pumpkin puree. Mix it in with their regular food, it's just water and fiber that shoots straight through them.

That's what our vet gave us for the dog. Works to fix both diarrhea AND constipation.

Tunicate
May 15, 2012

Mushika posted:

Thems some good osprey photos.

There was someone who heard gunfire but they also had a bullet hole in their house thr next morning and shell casings were found in the park across the street so I am willing to give them the benefit of the doubt.

wesleywillis
Dec 30, 2016

SUCK A MALE CAMEL'S DICK WITH MIRACLE WHIP!!
Was it the same guy who shot at his own house a few pages ago?

Tunicate
May 15, 2012

Nah

Frank Frank
Jun 13, 2001

Mirrored
Lmao

you broke my grill
Jul 11, 2019

Beach parking is actually out of control crazy expensive so indenturing your son for parking is actually a good deal

Soul Dentist
Mar 17, 2009
As a kid mowing lawns this would have been a sick deal. Forty five minutes with a rich person's lawnmower for good pay, an excuse to get a ride, and the rest of the day at the fancy beach you never go to? Hell yeah

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag

Soul Dentist posted:

As a kid mowing lawns this would have been a sick deal. Forty five minutes with a rich person's lawnmower for good pay, an excuse to get a ride, and the rest of the day at the fancy beach you never go to? Hell yeah

Hell, I’d do it now.

hot cocoa on the couch
Dec 8, 2009

BAGS FLY AT NOON posted:

Hell, I’d do it now.

lol yep. hard to beat a deal this good

you broke my grill
Jul 11, 2019

Complaining about beach parking is one of the recurring themes on my local nextdoor. And rightfully so. The beach is supposed to be public access but all the homeowners on the island don't want any outsiders and make it hella expensive to park after you spend an hour looking for a space.

Also they're having a debate whether you should kill snakes you find because they eat rats. And what is a bigger nuisance: rats or snakes?
Help how do I get rid of the mongoose I released to get rid of the snakes I released.

Overall p. chill right now. No one fantasizing about shooting local kids for dingdong ditching

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel

you broke my grill posted:

Overall p. chill right now. No one fantasizing about shooting local kids for dingdong ditching

deep dish peat moss
Jul 27, 2006

I saw a cybertruck IRL the other week and they look like someone made a cardboard cosplay prop of a car

idiotsavant
Jun 4, 2000

Pookah posted:

I just this moment saw the connection on the right, with the orange connector where the whole setup goes into the wall, and hopefully to some kind of outside drain.
Up until then it looked like the only outlet was upwards, which was horrifying to me.

The orange bits are spray foam to seal up the wall gap between the piping & drywall. The pipe going up is either a vent pipe that sticks up out of the roof or a drain for an upper floor or both, the lower piece that goes through the wall is the drain to sewer. Honestly ppl the whole thing is basically fine. The right side is pretty hacky but those flex couplings work well enough I guess. The vent & sink drain locations would have made a proper p-trap a little more difficult to build in; this is basically the lazy version. And all the bends and u's and whatnot are normal plumbing; you need a p-trap/gas trap on all your sink drains to keep your kitchen from smelling like poo poo. lol goons

Cactus Ghost
Dec 20, 2003

you can actually inflate your scrote pretty safely with sterile saline, syringes, needles, and aseptic technique. its a niche kink iirc

the saline just slowly gets absorbed into your blood but in the meantime you got a big round smooth distended nutsack

the most efficient sink drain is a straight line between the source and destination

kntfkr
Feb 11, 2019

GOOSE FUCKER

you broke my grill posted:

Beach parking is actually out of control crazy expensive so indenturing your son for parking is actually a good deal

make sure the parents are away. this guy's slick

Scathach
Apr 4, 2011

You know that thing where you sleep on your arm funny and when you wake up it's all numb? Yeah that's my whole world right now.

Just saw one in the Seattle area too

Flowers for QAnon
May 20, 2019

idiotsavant posted:

The orange bits are spray foam to seal up the wall gap between the piping & drywall. The pipe going up is either a vent pipe that sticks up out of the roof or a drain for an upper floor or both, the lower piece that goes through the wall is the drain to sewer. Honestly ppl the whole thing is basically fine. The right side is pretty hacky but those flex couplings work well enough I guess. The vent & sink drain locations would have made a proper p-trap a little more difficult to build in; this is basically the lazy version. And all the bends and u's and whatnot are normal plumbing; you need a p-trap/gas trap on all your sink drains to keep your kitchen from smelling like poo poo. lol goons

I was sitting here thinking I missed something super obvious. The hacky trap looks like it should work fine.

Ralph Hurley
Aug 3, 2009

:barf::sweep::zoid:

deep dish peat moss posted:

I saw a cybertruck IRL the other week and they look like someone made a cardboard cosplay prop of a car

Not only that but they look like someone took a cardboard prop car and made it 40% bigger than a normal car. It is so comically wrong looking it’s distracting to drive next to. I saw it coming up on me in my rear view mirror and I burst out laughing.

Dirt Road Junglist
Oct 8, 2010

We will be cruel
And through our cruelty
They will know who we are

Ugh, yeah. My inexplicably wholesome Nextdoor started getting progressively more toxic, especially when the algorithm started serving up spicy content from the city proper, regardless of your location specifications. I didn't need the static, so it's been deleted off my phone.

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel
Mine was ok for quite a while but started going downhill. I never went to the site looking for anything but I'd get emails and check it out. It's just a bunch of people complaining about poo poo now.

I deactivated my account yesterday.

Nighthand
Nov 4, 2009

what horror the gas

The other day we had an EF2 tornado go through. This was posted that evening.

For some reason just the "we have to help them" tickles me. (Nobody was killed, the trapped people were safe in a basement and were rescued in a few hours afaik.)

This is poor Edna's closest Pizza Hut though.

egg_dog
Nov 12, 2005

nͬ͒̂̓̂ͪoͨ́
Fun Shoe
#UsedToBeAPizzaHut

Aragosta
May 12, 2001

hiding in plain sight

Nighthand posted:

This is poor Edna's closest Pizza Hut though.

Delivery in under 30 millibars or its free.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chief McHeath
Apr 23, 2002
god drat it edna look what you did