Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Nikumatic
Feb 13, 2012

a fantastic machine made of meat
fuckin good chap

edit: desk status: unleft.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Mainly an exposition dump, but cool seeing familiar faces. Guessing need 1 more week for ~the void century reveal~

Julias
Jun 24, 2012

Strum in a harmonizing quartet
I want to cause a revolution

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild

This is the real chapter btw

Professor Wayne
Aug 27, 2008

So, Harvey, what became of the giant penny?

They actually let him keep it.

bog savant posted:

Calling it now, it's those who use their imagination to change/create the world: Daedalus.

I guess this chapter makes Vegapunk Icarus

tbp
Mar 1, 2008

DU WIRST NIEMALS ALLEINE MARSCHIEREN
great chapter so far, but its also laying out information most of us ObsessiveFans had already realized was true. we just need a bit more...

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

We're gonna see Joyboy

Joyboy's gonna have the eyepatch

Holy poo poo

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

I NEED THE NEXT CHAPTER! DON'T YOU GO ON ANOTHER BREAK!

Cat Machine
Jun 18, 2008

this panel is so loving HYPE dude

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

THE BIGGEST PART OF THIS CHAPTER

MAGELLAN IS BACK!!!!

mikeycp
Nov 24, 2010

I've changed a lot since I started hanging with Sonic, but I can't depend on him forever. I know I can do this by myself! Okay, Eggman! Bring it on!
:Leo point:

That's chapter!

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

BUSTER CALL SAUL

rko
Jul 12, 2017
That loving rules, One Piece is so cool.

but why is there another break next week come ON

RuBisCO
May 1, 2009

This is definitely not a lie

good loving chappy

ThingOne
Jul 30, 2011

Would you like some tofu?

It looks like even the Celestial Dragons don't know anything about the Void Century

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

HA! HA! NICE! WHAT A TOOL!
If the translation is accurate Joyboy was the first person to take to the seas. Does this mean that he was the first person to bring separate countries in contact with one another?

Veskit
Mar 2, 2005

I love capitalism!! DM me for the best investing advice!

No Wave posted:

If the translation is accurate Joyboy was the first person to take to the seas. Does this mean that he was the first person to bring separate countries in contact with one another?

I also wonder what this means for the buccaneer's race. Were they the first mates?

grieving for Gandalf
Apr 22, 2008

No Wave posted:

he may have been the first to travel out from his isolated island after whatever cataclysm flooded the world

ThingOne
Jul 30, 2011

Whatever the mother flame is, Saturn didn't seem to enjoy being exposed to it. It might be the key to actually damaging the elders in their yokai forms.

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

ThingOne posted:

Whatever the mother flame is, Saturn didn't seem to enjoy being exposed to it. It might be the key to actually damaging the elders in their yokai forms.

Gonna subscribe to a personal theory that the Mother Flame = What Haki is derived from. Luffy going to set his fist on fire with Mother Flame for his Red Roc attack, and it'll actually cause substantial damage

Doctor_Fruitbat
Jun 2, 2013

This may be the densest chapter yet, there are so many scenes and dialogue overlapping each other that I needed to read it twice to take it all in.

Paper Lion
Dec 14, 2009

this poo poo goes crazy

ThingOne
Jul 30, 2011

Vice Admiral McCheese

PuttyKnife
Jan 2, 2006

Despair brings the puttyknife down.

ThingOne posted:

Vice Admiral McCheese

Rap God Ennel sent MacTonite to alert Admiral McCheese since Captain Crook is going to come into One Piece later as the eye patch character.

Flopsy
Mar 4, 2013

I saw a theory posited that the D. clan is derived from Joy boy's crew not specifically a bloodline hence the wide variety of races, backgrounds and family names but the same middle name. Also the the fact D. carriers are in fact carrying the inherited will of the first pirate crew.

And sorry about the date thing but I checked and that's what the date was supposed to initially be so I don't know what to tell you.

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

Paper Lion posted:

this poo poo goes crazy

i'm not sure i buy this interpretation, since the ship where the mother flame is supposedly missing from is different in the second panel compared to the first, and "pluton" looks way more like stylized clouds, something that's evidenced further by the fact that the skypeians are all holding balloons (presumably the means they landed on the clouds). i do think that the "uranus" in the second panel is the mother flame, but as a representation of the sun itself; it's probable the energy that the drums of liberation give off that animated the iron giant and the energy produced by the mother flame are one in the same, both deriving their source of power from the sun in some way, which is why elbaf called him the "sun god"

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?
Dereshishishi'ing my rear end off

ManSedan
May 7, 2006
Seats 4
I wanna know what a and mu mean.

Wii Spawn Camper
Nov 25, 2005

I like the implication that Magellan just hangs out with Doffy and even brought the snail so they could both listen.

Also extremely pleased to get a Chouchou update. I love that he has his own snail :3:

Begemot
Oct 14, 2012

The One True Oden

Very intrigued by the one world noble not understanding the talk about the void century. Either that means that they're even more ignorant of it... or they just have access to the complete history as a matter of course. That would explain why Doflamingo is having so much fun, and why he still had leverage over the WG even as a disgraced noble.

I was a little worried this speech was going to peter out with that one big revelation, but nope, seems like we're really doing the big reveal here. Exciting!!

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Fight for all that is beautiful in the world

Saul...........

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

ManSedan posted:

i'm almost reaching for atlantis and mu, but that feels a little too on the nose for oda

Paper Lion
Dec 14, 2009

ManSedan posted:

a common way for an ampersand to be read by japanese people is "to". so you have a-to-mu. atom.

Flopsy
Mar 4, 2013

ManSedan posted:

I think it's derived from the Japanese pronunciation of the word "Atom"

Wii Spawn Camper
Nov 25, 2005

With the other Greek myth stuff, wondering if Vegapunk is being set up as a Prometheus type, who brings people the flame and gets punished by the gods for it.

Eiba
Jul 26, 2007

Saul! It's so good to see him again. He looks like he's doing well. That one brief scene with him brings up so many emotions...

tbp posted:

great chapter so far, but its also laying out information most of us ObsessiveFans had already realized was true. we just need a bit more...
The reactions of people around the world are the important parts. We basically know all this already (except Joyboy being the first pirate), but everyone else learning this is the fascinating and world changing part.

Kermit The Grog
Mar 29, 2010
The First Pirate Joy Boy is actually the pirate mascot that's been on Jump since it started

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

apple gramps is blowing this whole thing wide open

ThingOne
Jul 30, 2011

How it started:
How it's going:

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

ThingOne posted:

How it started:
How it's going:

Saturn's No Good Very Bad Day is like one of the best parts of Egghead right now.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

ThingOne posted:

How it started:
How it's going:

Headcannon of them going "NYEH!" while doing it