Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Choose your class!
Gourmet Fighter
Sauce Wizard
Spice Thief
Condiment Cleric
View Results

NmareBfly
Jul 16, 2004

I posted my food for USPOL Thanksgiving!

https://twitter.com/ProZD/status/1788648526043545653?t=FMaDaaAwYR6QL_DufK97zQ&s=19

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

7c Nickel
Apr 27, 2008
The mangaka behind Dragon, Hero and Courier, Gregorius Yamada aka @Yamadieval, also made an authentic surcoat with the UNIQLO logo as a crest.

https://twitter.com/yamadieval/status/1523268394794897410

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

Just how many mistakes have you suffered on the way here?

An uncountable number, to be sure.
What does that have to do with Dungeon Meshi?

7c Nickel
Apr 27, 2008

Clarste posted:

What does that have to do with Dungeon Meshi?

People were talking about other good fantasy manga and there were like a dozen posts about it on the previous page?

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

It's one thing to recommend a similar manga, it's another to post random tangential things related to it. IMO.

CuddleCryptid
Jan 11, 2013

Things could be going better

The fuckass cat is in the show full time now and I she is just as rude and violent as she was in the manga, applause to trigger.

Weird how so many anime only people are still fanboying but what are you going to do, she's still technically a catgirl.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

CuddleCryptid posted:

rude and violent

She's just like my cat fr fr

goblin week
Jan 26, 2019

Absolute clown.

CuddleCryptid posted:

The fuckass cat is in the show full time now and I she is just as rude and violent as she was in the manga, applause to trigger.

Weird how so many anime only people are still fanboying but what are you going to do, she's still technically a catgirl.

So like are you new to the concept of desiring rude girls, or what is this

HenryEx
Mar 25, 2009

...your cybernetic implants, the only beauty in that meat you call "a body"...
Grimey Drawer

goblin week posted:

He might just be new to the concept of cats, in general

goblin week
Jan 26, 2019

Absolute clown.
i cant believe people like the mean hot girl who's also a cat

Scholtz
Aug 24, 2007

Zorchin' some Flemoids

She's practically a child

Do people honestly think she's hot?

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

Her body temperature is above average because of all that fur.

CuddleCryptid
Jan 11, 2013

Scholtz posted:

Yeah that's what I don't get. She acts like a 10 year old and looks like an actual cat with a human face swapped on. Like her hands are almost paws.

goblin week posted:

But she isn't rude because she is a "hot rude girl", she's a kid.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
that's because she is an actual cat with a human face swapped on.

Hiveminded
Aug 26, 2014

Scholtz posted:

I don't think her age gets directly brought up for a while and I'm sure a ton of people won't catch on to the very overt "actual teenage kid" signals she has in her introduction. Probably not helping the anime-onlies either that her voice in every language's dub is that of an older-ish gruff lady

NmareBfly
Jul 16, 2004

I posted my food for USPOL Thanksgiving!

Most of the fanart I've seen is very much more on the 'cute cat' side of the spectrum. I mean I'm sure there are people out there who think she's hot but majority of horniest art is Farcille stuff.

No I am not asking for evidence to the contrary.

Also we'll see what happens after next week, which may contain a question on her nipples.

DrSunshine
Mar 23, 2009

Did I just say that out loud~~?!!!
Anyone notice how Izutsumi's fingers and non-black parts were also depicted as furry? So is she supposed to be covered in flesh-colored fur? I always thought that her furry parts were the black parts and the light parts were normal skin.

CuddleCryptid
Jan 11, 2013

DrSunshine posted:

Anyone notice how Izutsumi's fingers and non-black parts were also depicted as furry? So is she supposed to be covered in flesh-colored fur? I always thought that her furry parts were the black parts and the light parts were normal skin.

In the bath scene that comes after this she is shown as having fur everywhere except her face, so I think that it isn't actually flesh colored so much as it looks the same in a black and white manga.

RuBisCO
May 1, 2009

This is definitely not a lie

DrSunshine posted:

They've always been fur, yeah. The sauna chapter makes that a bit more apparent.

I guess the weirder thing is she doesn't have paw pads like a cat.

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

Hiveminded posted:

I don't think her age gets directly brought up for a while and I'm sure a ton of people won't catch on to the very overt "actual teenage kid" signals she has in her introduction. Probably not helping the anime-onlies either that her voice in every language's dub is that of an older-ish gruff lady

Her voice is definitely very different from how I imagined it in the manga.

Hiveminded
Aug 26, 2014

Clarste posted:

Her voice is definitely very different from how I imagined it in the manga.

Yeeeaaahhh I'm not sure how the voice direction messed up like that for her when every other casting choice has been at least decent. The Japanese voice actress (probably should've clarified "every language's dub but the original") is pretty on point with the character expectation of "teenage cat girl" so maybe it was miscommunication between the Japanese production crew and voice direction counterparts in other countries on Izutsumi specifically.

Marsupial Ape
Dec 15, 2020
the mod team violated the sancity of my avatar
I'm a gross old man who likes gross old women. Where's my cat-MILFs, huh? Even, Marcille codes as "best plucky niece" in my brain.

CuddleCryptid
Jan 11, 2013

Marsupial Ape posted:

I'm a gross old man who likes gross old women. Where's my cat-MILFs, huh? Even, Marcille codes as "best plucky niece" in my brain.

How do you feel about bird witches that have some sort of complex for their boss' kid

Marsupial Ape
Dec 15, 2020
the mod team violated the sancity of my avatar

CuddleCryptid posted:

How do you feel about bird witches that have some sort of complex for their boss' kid

You say bird witch, I say swan maiden. But, yeah, the moment I get Maizuru to laugh at a joke, I'd forgive her all that child abuse. Shuro had it coming, probably.

Marsupial Ape fucked around with this message at 16:38 on May 10, 2024

VideoWitch
Oct 9, 2012

Hiveminded posted:

Yeeeaaahhh I'm not sure how the voice direction messed up like that for her when every other casting choice has been at least decent. The Japanese voice actress (probably should've clarified "every language's dub but the original") is pretty on point with the character expectation of "teenage cat girl" so maybe it was miscommunication between the Japanese production crew and voice direction counterparts in other countries on Izutsumi specifically.

I mean I haven't listened to any of the dubs besides english but she sounds like a teen in the English dub? or well she sounds like a Cartoon Teen at least

chiasaur11
Oct 22, 2012

Hiveminded posted:

She's 17, which is on the older side for most anime. (It's the same age as Fern for most of the first cour in Frieren, for example.) Don't think it's enough to shift the balance of "cute daughter character" versus "good looking ninja girl" either way in terms of fandom response.

That said, I'm constantly amused how Dungeon Meshi has the most fanservice premise for a character available ("Teenage ninja catgirl wearing the least clothing of anyone in the party") and then deliberately undermines or ignores the fanservice route in favor of "Seriously, she's terrible in the ways cats are terrible. It's great."

G1mby
Jun 8, 2014

Marsupial Ape posted:

We've already had the raunchiest old woman scene we're likely to see this season, stop being greedy!

Scholtz
Aug 24, 2007

Zorchin' some Flemoids

17 is old for a cat I guess, maybe that's why she sounds older :shrug:

Good thing there's magic in this world. Can you imagine trying to get Izutsumi to take her kidney medicine?

Marluxia
May 8, 2008

Judging by some of the posts here, it kind of seem like some people here still think Izutsumi is a human turned into a catgirl.

Suleman
Sep 4, 2011

Marluxia posted:

Judging by some of the posts here, it kind of seem like some people here still think Izutsumi is a human turned into a catgirl.

Regardless of which soul got stuck into which body, Izutsumi is still more human than she is cat. I don't think it makes much of a difference other than whether she can ever get rid of the cat part of herself.

kidcoelacanth
Sep 23, 2009

Marluxia posted:

everyone thought this until the post-story comic came out

Schwarzwald
Jul 27, 2004

Don't Blink

kidcoelacanth posted:

everyone thought this until the post-story comic came out

I've only caught a handful of the post-story comics, what's the scoop?

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
izutsumi is the result of someone implanting the soul of a human infant into a cat monster, not the other way around.

don Jaime
Apr 3, 2004
Haven’t seen that one, now I’m curious. Did they also explain why Mrs. Chilchuck dumped him?

CuddleCryptid
Jan 11, 2013

don Jaime posted:

Haven’t seen that one, now I’m curious. Did they also explain why Mrs. Chilchuck dumped him?

I don't think she dumped him, he is just somewhat estranged from them because he spends all his time trying to make money.

Tarezax
Sep 12, 2009

MORT cancels dance: interrupted by MORT

CuddleCryptid posted:

I don't think she dumped him, he is just somewhat estranged from them because he spends all his time trying to make money.

No she legit packed up one day and left the house with her daughters with no explanation (probably for the reason you point out)

Rand Brittain
Mar 25, 2013

"Go on until you're stopped."
I feel like Marcille's explanation of why she probably left in the Bicorn chapter is most likely correct, especially since Chilchuck's reaction was "gently caress, you came up with that in thirty seconds and it's already more plausible than any explanation I've ever invented."

CuddleCryptid
Jan 11, 2013

Tarezax posted:

No she legit packed up one day and left the house with her daughters with no explanation (probably for the reason you point out)

Ah okay, I think I might be getting fan comics and Canon mixed up

Tarezax
Sep 12, 2009

MORT cancels dance: interrupted by MORT
I mixed up something too, the daughters were adults and already out of the house. She went and moved in with the second daughter

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vizuyos
Jun 17, 2020

Thank U for reading

If you hated it...
FUCK U and never come back

Schwarzwald posted:

I've only caught a handful of the post-story comics, what's the scoop?

The page in question: