Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

Why can't we get actually cool uniforms instead of this boomer poo poo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Android Apocalypse
Apr 28, 2009

The future is
AUTOMATED
and you are
OBSOLETE

Illegal Hen
I'll go against the crowd and say those Giants uniforms look kinda neat.

Diva Cupcake posted:

Montreal Canadiens vibes

Aw goddammit. :mad:

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

I feel like Darth Brooks would've done a better job putting those together

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

Creepy little garbage eaters

Why were so many teams back in the day obsessed with that helmet design?

EmbryoSteve
Dec 18, 2004

Taste~The~Rainbow

My blood sugar is gon' be like

~^^^^*WHOA*^^^^~

Seahawks open against bo Nix and Drake maye. Nice soft opening for the new regime.

Fifty Three
Oct 29, 2007

fartknocker posted:

Any game thats on cable/streaming has always been shown over the air/network in the local markets for the teams playing.
For some reason I thought there was a TNF Stillers game that I couldn't watch without a streaming service but it's been a long offseason

Nodoze
Aug 17, 2006

If it's only for a night I can live without you

EmbryoSteve posted:

Seahawks open against bo Nix and Drake maye. Nice soft opening for the new regime.

Maye isn't going to be playing unless he is a monster in training camp

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

I'd like to thank Satan for everything he's done for this organization

EmbryoSteve posted:

Bo Nix is going to destroy you. He's fast! Like a minute man! He fires MISSILES

Nervous
Jan 25, 2005

Why, hello, my little slice of pecan pie.
Anyone figure out who the mystery team was?

Soul Glo
Aug 27, 2003

Just let it shine through

SKULL.GIF posted:

Why can't we get actually cool uniforms instead of this boomer poo poo

Because the Giants are not a cool team, op, hth

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Damn it, this always happens. I think I'm gonna score, and then I never score. It's not fair.

Wedge Regret

I don’t like them.

Their throwback 80s/90s Giants uniforms are already awesome, just go with those full time. Add in a white jersey/gray pants look for both Eli Super Bowls for the first alternate and make the current home uniformed with the ny logo the second alternate and they’d be perfect.

Diva Cupcake posted:

Montreal Canadiens vibes

Ugh yeah

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
Of all things I think its the helmet that doesn't work for me. The colors are weird but it's a throwback, I think that's fine.

Kate Lockwell
Feb 17, 2010

I'm going to throw left-handed. Is only way I can be satisfied. If I use my right... over too quickly.

Diva Cupcake posted:

Montreal Canadiens vibes

Montreal Canadiens/Alouettes cursed hybrid

shyduck
Oct 3, 2003

New York Football Canadiens

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?

shyduck posted:

New York Football Canadiens

https://x.com/ToddRadom/status/1791111704136307164

xbilkis
Apr 11, 2005

god qb
me
jay hova
Old-timey throwbacks are allowed to be ugly and dumb, that's the whole point of them. Good unis imo

soggybagel
Aug 6, 2006
The official account of NFL Tackle Phil Loadholt.

Let's talk Football.
My favorite thing about the Butker thing is he's a loving kicker. Obviously having a good kicker is important but its just funny that he'll still be asked about this poo poo once camps start and you know he'll be a "distraction."

GoonGPT
May 26, 2006

Posting for a better future, today!
What I wouldn't give for the Eagles to do a Cooperalls era Flyers throwback

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

:science:
Soiled Meat

Lowkey my favorite schedule reveal for the past two years. Love the confidence of the woman talking about "the Bengals", I assume everyone she talks to a little drunk but idc

Roasted Donut posted:

no division games until week 11 for the steelers. the schedule makers loving suck rear end

Feels like they've been backloading divisional games more and more lately and I'm not a fan tbh. Lions had something similar last year where 5 of their 6 divisional games were Week 11 or later. Maybe they're trying to up the late-season stakes?

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

We're off to Gritty Gritty land

Eagles should wear the yellow/blue Frankfurt throwbacks about once a decade, as a joke

Black Sunshine
Apr 4, 2004

LEFT 4 DEAD IS A LOT LIKE FOOTBALL - I JERK OFF TO BOTH

xbilkis posted:

Old-timey throwbacks are allowed to be ugly and dumb, that's the whole point of them. Good unis imo

Old-timey throwbacks/alternates that don't look ugly as gently caress are better though. It's one of the only things that Raiders and Chargers fans can bond over. When we play each other in throwbacks, the rest of the league is shamed and also blessed to witness such majestic uniforms on display.

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

Nissin Cup Nudist posted:

Eagles should wear the yellow/blue Frankfurt throwbacks about once a decade, as a joke
Once a year please, they're great.

WoodrowSkillson
Feb 24, 2005

*Gestures at 60 years of Lions history*

Football throwbacks older than like 1970 are bad most of the time. Compared to the other major sports the old uniforms just look like rear end.

Docjowles
Apr 9, 2009

C-Euro posted:

Feels like they've been backloading divisional games more and more lately and I'm not a fan tbh. Lions had something similar last year where 5 of their 6 divisional games were Week 11 or later. Maybe they're trying to up the late-season stakes?

It's intentional, and I want to say it's been part of the schedule design for a long time now. Google suggests at least 10 years. Although it's hard to look up because anything mentioning "NFL schedule" just results in 500000000000 articles from yesterday announcing this year's schedule. But anyway, yeah, the idea was to increase the chance of the final few weeks mattering for the division title.

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Schedules out means betting lines are out, which means:

Kawalimus
Jan 17, 2008

Better Living Through Birding And Pessimism
The Ravens definitely aren't a "no-brainer top team" this year. Their pass rush is suspect again and it should have been last year except for some insane late FA luck. Without Clowney's presence it remains to be seen if the Ravens won't have big problems in that department. And our WR situation as always is suspect. I'd put them in the second category. I can see us being a playoff bubble team this year though

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

I'd like to thank Satan for everything he's done for this organization

Kalli posted:

Schedules out means betting lines are out, which means:

Hell yeah that means the Panthers@Broncos game is gonna be a dope rear end no defense game or a dope rear end sicko game. Either way we're all winners.

Play
Apr 25, 2006

Strong stroll for a mangy stray
I like those incredibly stupid looking uniforms

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Damn it, this always happens. I think I'm gonna score, and then I never score. It's not fair.

Wedge Regret
After a bit further thought, for uniforms they’ll wear twice this season and then probably never again, they aren’t totally awful, but I’m still not crazy about it. I think most of it is the helmets.

3 DONG HORSE posted:

Hell yeah that means the Panthers@Broncos game is gonna be a dope rear end no defense game or a dope rear end sicko game. Either way we're all winners.

Search your heart and you’ll know that’s a :sickos: game.

Can’t wait for the GDT!

Forrest on Fire
Nov 23, 2012

Play posted:

I like those incredibly stupid looking uniforms

Le business casual des Canadiens de Montréal

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Wedge Regret

Forrest on Fire posted:

Le business casual des Canadiens de Montréal

maybe those uniforms will inspire something like this SAS classic

kidcoelacanth
Sep 23, 2009

giants throwbacks rule get in line idiots

sharknado slashfic
Jun 24, 2011

Nervous posted:

Anyone figure out who the mystery team was?

It was me

rjmccall
Sep 7, 2007

no worries friend
Fun Shoe
Wait, so the Giants are on some weird version of Hard Knocks that’s only about the offseason? The hard knocks of free agency deadlines and draft swaps?

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Wedge Regret

rjmccall posted:

Wait, so the Giants are on some weird version of Hard Knocks that’s only about the offseason? The hard knocks of free agency deadlines and draft swaps?

Apparently. The NFL press release says it’s basically covering January through July, with the last episode being on July 30th, which would be just before preseason starts…

Docjowles
Apr 9, 2009

lol wtf. I thought by offseason they meant the usual one that leads up to the start of the season. Not like... bullshit summer months when zero football activities are happening.

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

Aww son of a bitch!

Pain of Mind
Jul 10, 2004
You are receiving this broadcast as a dream...We are transmitting from the year one nine... nine nine ...You are receiving this broadcast in order t

Docjowles posted:

lol wtf. I thought by offseason they meant the usual one that leads up to the start of the season. Not like... bullshit summer months when zero football activities are happening.

Yea, this is what I thought as well. Does this mean they will have 3 Hard Knocks per year, one in the off-season, one in the pre-season, and one mid-season? I am a degenerate who watches this while I work out, so I am all for more trash behind the scenes football stuff.

elime anning
Nov 19, 2002

Morbid Hound

Docjowles posted:

Please get excited to watch Drew Lock sign a $5M contract.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Kawalimus posted:

The Ravens definitely aren't a "no-brainer top team" this year. Their pass rush is suspect again and it should have been last year except for some insane late FA luck. Without Clowney's presence it remains to be seen if the Ravens won't have big problems in that department. And our WR situation as always is suspect. I'd put them in the second category. I can see us being a playoff bubble team this year though

Oh is it that time of year again already

kidcoelacanth posted:

giants throwbacks rule get in line idiots

yeah get in line...

they're serving PB&Js up in this bitch