Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Jimbone Tallshanks
Dec 16, 2005

You can't pull rank on murder.

ImpAtom posted:

Just please god make a Terminator film whose basic premise isn't "John Connor has died" or "John Connor dies at the end" or "John Connor dies and is replaced by a robot" or anything of the sort.

There are eight John Conners and they accuse each other of being robots.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Xenomrph
Dec 9, 2005

AvP Nerd/Fanboy/Shill

Jimbone Tallshanks posted:

Plot twist: they’re all correct

Diabetic
Sep 29, 2006

When the mob and the press and the whole world tell you to move, your job is to plant yourself like a tree beside the river of truth, and tell the whole world Diabeetus.

evobatman posted:

All Terminator media, but especially Genisys and TSCC touch upon there being several different timelines and the T1 -> Future War -> T1 -> Future War loop having happened several times. Cameron doesn't really need to reboot it, he can just jump to another timeline that could or could not acknowledge what we have seen before, and possibly even tie up some loose ends.

I wish it was the case but he's apparently doing it.

I really really hope it's practical effects.

Xenomrph
Dec 9, 2005

AvP Nerd/Fanboy/Shill

Diabetic posted:

I really really hope it's practical effects.
Have you seen the Avatar movies?

Quote-Unquote
Oct 22, 2002

Knives Out: Terminated

Daniel Craig is invited to a dinner party with Edward Furlong, Nick Stahl, Christian Bale, Thomas Dekker, Michael Edwards and Jason Clarke. He has until midnight to find out which of them is a cyborg from the future in order to prevent judgment day.

Diabetic
Sep 29, 2006

When the mob and the press and the whole world tell you to move, your job is to plant yourself like a tree beside the river of truth, and tell the whole world Diabeetus.

Xenomrph posted:

Yes and if I knew Cameron was directing a Terminator reboot I would have zero problem with CG because I know he'd be able to get it done. If he's only writing the script, I want practical effects.

covidstomper58
Nov 8, 2020

John Connor Junior has to send back a terminator who is usually an invisible gas but can change into either a mechanical bee swarm or a person, to 1965 to protect Sarah Connor's mother from SpaceNet

SpaceNet sent back an interstellar capable HK to 4000 years to go out into space and push an asteroid towards earth and time it to hit Sarah Connor's mother, without altering the timeline too much.

The terminator JCJ sends back and the HK Rocketship never meet until the last 10 minutes of the film, the rest of it is just 1960s nostalgia and fish out of water comedy.

Jimbone Tallshanks
Dec 16, 2005

covidstomper58 posted:

John Connor Junior has to send back a terminator who is usually an invisible gas but can change into either a mechanical bee swarm or a person, to 1965 to protect Sarah Connor's mother from SpaceNet

SpaceNet sent back an interstellar capable HK to 4000 years to go out into space and push an asteroid towards earth and time it to hit Sarah Connor's mother, without altering the timeline too much.

The terminator JCJ sends back and the HK Rocketship never meet until the last 10 minutes of the film, the rest of it is just 1960s nostalgia and fish out of water comedy.

Things take a turn when the guy whose identity the Terminator is using is drafted for Vietnam.

Just a Terminator effortlessly wading through Viet-cong booby traps and gunfire to toss them aside while Fortunate Son plays.

Diabetic
Sep 29, 2006

Things take a turn when the guy whose identity the Terminator is using is drafted for Vietnam.

Just a Terminator effortlessly wading through Viet-cong booby traps and gunfire to toss them aside while Fortunate Son plays.

Better yet, send one back to the Revolutionary War, Terminator wearing a powdered wig coming for the Americans as their muskets do nothing and the British so proud of his "gentlemanly warfare."

McSpanky
Jan 16, 2005

ImpAtom posted:

Just please god make a Terminator film whose basic premise isn't "John Connor has died" or "John Connor dies at the end" or "John Connor dies and is replaced by a robot" or anything of the sort.

I really liked how in X-Men '97, they just skipped over the whole "we got a time traveler here, let's change the future" deal with "I already tried, 200 times, it didn't work" so they could just move on to other things with Cable. Some stuff can be changed, some can't, deal with it.

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat

Diabetic posted:

Better yet, send one back to the Revolutionary War, Terminator wearing a powdered wig coming for the Americans as their muskets do nothing and the British so proud of his "gentlemanly warfare."

Predator, 2022. The predator is effortlessly slicing his way through the posse of colonial trappers towards the native girl when suddenly one of the Frenchmen grabs him by the shoulder and stops him dead in his tracks. Flatly and with a thick German accent he says "your can't kill her, we need her descendants to build Skynet"

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

10: SAIGON. loving SAIGON.
20: DRINK

edogawa rando
Mar 20, 2007

Cross-posting from the Aliens (and also Predator and Terminator and whathaveyou) Thread.

So I bought a thing

AFewBricksShy
Jun 19, 2003

of a full load.

I saw that they have ceramic skulls you can put in a gas fireplace, after watching Terminator 1 the other night, now I want a terminator skull to put in there.

Jimbone Tallshanks
Dec 16, 2005

edogawa rando posted:

Cross-posting from the Aliens (and also Predator and Terminator and whathaveyou) Thread.

So I bought a thing

This made me wonder what would be the problem with sending back tiny Terminators vice the big one? They'd be far more stealthier and they could make the murders look like random accidents. Just imagine a Terminator hiding out inside a teddy bear.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

This made me wonder what would be the problem with sending back tiny Terminators vice the big one? They'd be far more stealthier and they could make the murders look like random accidents. Just imagine a Terminator hiding out inside a teddy bear.

The original Terminators had no actual idea of the location of their targets and had to go all over town to find them. (And even then were brute forcing it by killing every Sarah Connor because they didn't know the right one.) Having adorable itty bitty legs would make that a challenge.

Remulak
Jun 8, 2001
I can't count to four.
Yams Fan
Now I want a little Ashes vs Ash vs little Terminators vs Terminators game.

https://youtu.be/Ru21bZ3B8KY?si=XPsHNg0Ip2vEfxqR

Rappaport
Oct 2, 2013

I am watching Terminator 2

This is the best motion picture put on the screen

I like Alien too, but god drat

Owlbear Camus
Jan 3, 2013

Maybe this guy that flies is just sort of passing through, you know?

terminator is anime now

https://variety.com/2024/tv/news/terminator-zero-netflix-release-date-1236003980/

Jimbone Tallshanks
Dec 16, 2005

quote:

2022: A future war has raged for decades between the few human survivors and an endless army of machines.

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Handle with Caution
Nap Ghost

Xenomrph posted:

The M Night Shyamalan one?

mllaneza
Apr 28, 2007

Veteran, Bermuda Triangle Expeditionary Force, 1993-1952

quote:

2022: A future war has raged for decades between the few human survivors and an endless army of machines.

We aren't the lucky ones.

BiggerBoat
Sep 26, 2007

Don't you tell me my business again.
Man, that controller is loving HUGE

Jimbone Tallshanks
Dec 16, 2005

BiggerBoat posted:

Man, that controller is loving HUGE

:lol: What is this, Penney Arcade?

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

I have a Terminator 2 story involving a double date and road head. And the theater just got sold and torn down.....

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Handle with Caution
Nap Ghost

redshirt posted:

I have a Terminator 2 story involving a double date and road head. And the theater just got sold and torn down.....

I knew you had that shovel for a reason

McSpanky
Jan 16, 2005

Terminator Tots vs Demonic Toys

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Handle with Caution
Nap Ghost

McSpanky posted:

Terminator Tots vs Demonic Toys

The worst saturday morning cartoon show

IshmaelZarkov
Jun 20, 2013

Every now and then I sit down and watch the trailer for Terminator Salvation. It might be my favourite terminator film.

Just the trailer. Still gets me amped up.

Quote-Unquote
Oct 22, 2002

IshmaelZarkov posted:

Every now and then I sit down and watch the trailer for Terminator Salvation. It might be my favourite terminator film.

Just the trailer. Still gets me amped up.

Similar to 300: a dogshit awful film with a very good trailer made amazing with NIN

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Android Apocalypse
Apr 28, 2009

The future is
AUTOMATED
and you are
OBSOLETE

Illegal Hen
Thank you for reminding me of one of my favorite Nine Inch Nails needle drop in a movie:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q8JZm_7a3z8
When it hits you know Denzel is going to gently caress some people up. :black101: