Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
AP
Jul 12, 2004

One Ring to fool them all
One Ring to find them
One Ring to milk them all
and pockets fully line them
Grimey Drawer

Thirsty Dog posted:

I don't believe the first person was Sandi.

Well I think there's no way that isn't Sandi Gardiner, Patrick signs his emails and you think anyone junior to him is going to dare speak about Sandi at all?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lowtax
Nov 16, 1999

by Skyl3lazer

Sarsapariller posted:

You realize that if you tweak her with an article on the main page she will likely respond with a full public meltdown. This is all very reminiscent of something.
I'm actually in the process of writing one

Romes128
Dec 28, 2008

Fun Shoe

That Works posted:

I don't see how a "Multimillionaire corporate VP" would have the time to keep up a multiple email exchange with a customer. Hell I am only a research worker and if someone ends up giving me 3-4 successive replies to a normal query I nip that poo poo in the bud because it eats up too much time with the back and forth.

It's almost like these people have lots of time on their hands or don't have a structure about what they are supposed to do within a given day/week/ etc.

Well considering she constantly lies about everything (not having time off yet going on vacation and posting pics of her and the thumb) and nobody knows what she actually does aside from answering customer service emails I'm pretty sure she has a ton of free time on her hands.

Romes128
Dec 28, 2008

Fun Shoe

Lowtax posted:

WAT

I love you in a non gay way.

Generation Internet
Jan 18, 2009

Where angels and generals fear to tread.

AP posted:

The best bit was how Beer asked who he was talking to so Sandi pretended it wasn't her, complained about long emails, pretended to pass the conversation chain to herself and then wrote long reply emails.

"Wouldn't you rather a refund since you're so negative about the Best drat Business Woman in the world who is definitely not me" she said while actively denying everyone else refunds.

lollontee
Nov 4, 2014
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Lowtax posted:

Maybe she has feature creep on her job duties

Taint hair creeping in a space barn

Lowtax
Nov 16, 1999

by Skyl3lazer

Romes128 posted:

WAT

I love you in a non gay way.

For the space rape barns

Thirsty Dog
May 31, 2007

AP posted:

Well I think there's no way that isn't Sandi Gardiner, Patrick signs his emails and you think anyone junior to him is going to dare speak about Sandi at all?

Actually, you're right.

Scruffpuff
Dec 23, 2015

Fidelity. Wait, was I'm working on again?

Chalks posted:

Why shouldn't they "silence doubters" for things they post off site? After all, they are gods among mere mortals.

I'm wondering if anybody else picked up on something in her "why wouldn't we silence doubters" reasoning. In that part of the response, she likens her position in CIG to being a teacher in a classroom, and how you can't move the syllabus ahead unless you keep your students in line.

Education is a structured environment with clear lines of authority - who's the teacher, who's the student, etc.

Did she just imply that in this company, she is in charge, and her clients have to step in line with her agenda? Truly she is at the vanguard of a new age of corporate/consumer relations.

RuckusRouser
Sep 28, 2015

Theres a lot of close ups of landing gear

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK posted:

from the second img:
"i am one of the best saleswoman in the world without a shadow of a doubt and always have been since i was a very small girl"

um lol

When I read your post my first thought was that you paraphrased her words or made them a bit more hyperbolic for comedy's sake. I then checked the image and THESE ARE HER EXACT WORDS

If anyone reading this (especially CIG employees or "SC faithful") had any hesitation in thinking that Sandi is egomaniacal and probably has deep-seated psychological issues, then this sole sentence from her should change your mind.

Tijuana Bibliophile
Dec 30, 2008

Scratchmo

Lowtax posted:

The continued adventures of Sandi Gardiner, greatest saleswoman ever without a shadow of a doubt and ever since I was a child

AP
Jul 12, 2004

One Ring to find them
Grimey Drawer

Thirsty Dog posted:

Actually, you're right.

I know, it catches you by surprise the first few times but it does happen a fair bit.

Tippis
Mar 21, 2008

It's yet another day in the wasteland.

Scruffpuff posted:

I'm wondering if anybody else picked up on something in her "why wouldn't we silence doubters" reasoning. In that part of the response, she likens her position in CIG to being a teacher in a classroom, and how you can't move the syllabus ahead unless you keep your students in line.

Education is a structured environment with clear lines of authority - who's the teacher, who's the student, etc.

At least that explains her multiple-choice background and apparent lack of anything resembling an actual education: she has no idea how education works. Question is if it's because she never experienced it or because she didn't pay attention when going through it. :D

Lowtax
Nov 16, 1999

by Skyl3lazer

Tijuana Bibliophile posted:

The continued adventures of Sandi Gardiner, greatest saleswoman ever without a shadow of a doubt and ever since I was a child

By the best webmaster since there was ever a web to master

Iglocska
Nov 23, 2015
Beer, I applaud your patience and levelheadedness for keeping your composure during that e-mail exchange. Whilst I understand that in the end they can moderate their own forums any way they see fit, it saddens me that they don't understand that in their futile effort to keep their environment clean of anyone that is not flattering enough for their egos, they are pushing away one of their most valuable community members.

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

Lowtax posted:

since you were a child

Romes128
Dec 28, 2008

Fun Shoe

AP posted:

I know, it catches you by surprise the first few times but it does happen a fair bit.

Erin and ort was probably like can someone give sandi something to do cause she's annoying the staff with the constant pube checks and working in her black friend into every conversation.

lollontee
Nov 4, 2014
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Lowtax posted:

Well who is it?

Romes128
Dec 28, 2008

Fun Shoe

Friendly Tumour posted:

Well who is it?

Derek smart.

Have you not seen his blogs?

AP
Jul 12, 2004

One Ring to find them
Grimey Drawer
I love how she referred to money hat guy "her editor", not "the media editor of Reverse the Verse".

CrazyLoon
Aug 10, 2015

"..."

Lowtax posted:

Weird, I wonder why he has some vendetta against me. These were the first posts of his I ever read, so I'm not sure why he has some strange grudge. Also I'm not sure when I became oriental. Can you be oriental in the 'verse?

Bit late to this whole shebang, but based on observing him long before he came here or perhaps even Reddit I can guarantee you 100% that it's like this in his mind:

*I got censored on SA for spouting off pedophilic and bitcoin dumbassery*
*Ergo SA is an evil forum of oppressive censorship, part of what's wrong with this world and I must fight it if I can! Viva la Resistance!*
*Lowtax created SA, ergo he is the head oppressor of them all! I must hate him!*

The guy has a massive 'fight the power' tendency to the point of utter absurdity. You tell him to not do anything, or happen to be linked to that action in any way, and he will froth at the mouth at you.

Romes128
Dec 28, 2008

Fun Shoe

Iglocska posted:

Beer, I applaud your patience and levelheadedness for keeping your composure during that e-mail exchange. Whilst I understand that in the end they can moderate their own forums any way they see fit, it saddens me that they don't understand that in their futile effort to keep their environment clean of anyone that is not flattering enough for their egos, they are pushing away one of their most valuable community members.

No, they're keeping their most valuable community members by banning people who tell them cig and star citizen is a scam

Let me get all these bad people away from you guys, oh btw we're selling more ships today

Bait and Swatch
Sep 5, 2012

Join me, Comrades
In the Star Citizen D&D thread
Just caught up with this and just wow. The verification of DSmart's accusations is incredibly baffling. I can only assume she was so caught up in her rant that she didn't realize what she had done.

Chalks
Sep 30, 2009

Scruffpuff posted:

Did she just imply that in this company, she is in charge, and her clients have to step in line with her agenda? Truly she is at the vanguard of a new age of corporate/consumer relations.

Yeah - it's an amazing sentence. She's saying she knows exactly how corporate PR works because she's used to silencing naughty children in a classroom. Consumers need to be brought into line with the correct facts about the product and should listen silently.

An actual real person thinks these things and that person is in charge of PR for a 100 million dollar business.

Under normal circumstances you'd be really shocked and ask how something like this could happen - but she happens to be married to the owner of the business who is operating with no accountability what so ever with a blank cheque from a bunch of idiots.

This is so much fun. I hope the front page article gets a public response from Sandi or Chris. Good luck Lowtax, you're doing god's work.

Chalks fucked around with this message at 16:34 on Jan 5, 2016

Thirsty Dog
May 31, 2007

Slightly disappointed that Beer didn't respond to Sandi's emails with "nice meltdown" :(

G0RF
Mar 19, 2015

Some galactic defender you are, Space Cadet.

AP posted:

Although I am a qualified teacher and one of the best saleswomen in the world since a little girl were pretty good too.
Interesting she would invoke her teaching history, since she herself admitted (on RtV I think) that "I wasn't very good at it".

It is the only time I've heard her be self-critical- which is why it stands out in memory. She must've been especially horrible at it, since she consider herself world class in so many other areas in which she has a lackluster record of achievement.

Tijuana Bibliophile
Dec 30, 2008

Scratchmo

Thirsty Dog posted:

Slightly disappointed that Beer didn't respond to Sandi's emails with "nice meltdown" :(

Nah it's funny that the goon is the classier one

Romes128
Dec 28, 2008

Fun Shoe
I also like the fact she says Chris spends late nights coding

Like he didn't create 4 studios in 3 countries to do all that stuff. Lol

She's trying really hard to make themselves look like hard working regular folk but she's incredibly loving stupid and bad at her job so she comes off as a deceitful rear end in a top hat.

fuctifino
Jun 11, 2001

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

In case anyone was wondering, you can indeed get banned for what you post off-site.

I'd like to extend my thanks to Sandi and Patrick for being so forthright and polite with me. At first I was a little worried I wouldn't see anything beyond an automated response, but then an anonymous CS rep helped me out, followed by Sandi herself, and then when Sandi couldn't provide the necessary information Patrick was kind enough to clarify.

I hope you guys find the attached conversation as enlightening as I did.

I'm probably a few pages behind... I'm half way through the email exchanges, and holy gently caress these emails are amazing. I don't know how you remained so polite throughout....

Romes128
Dec 28, 2008

Fun Shoe

Tijuana Bibliophile posted:

Nah it's funny that the goon is the classier one

That's not that hard tbh when it comes to sandi

Lowtax, who posted a article that Derek smart hosed zoo animals or some poo poo comes off as a classier person than sandi.

Xaerael
Aug 25, 2010

Marching Powder is objectively the worst poster known. He also needs to learn how a keyboard works.

Romes128 posted:

She's trying really hard to make themselves look like hard working regular folk but she's incredibly loving stupid and bad at her job so she comes off as a deceitful rear end in a top hat.

You've seen the way he types like a granny, right? I can full imagine when the guys doing the actual work let him write a line or two, it does indeed take him late into the night to complete it.

I'm also sure that it's then deleted and done properly because he just hosed the whole thing up.

AP
Jul 12, 2004

One Ring to find them
Grimey Drawer

Scruffpuff posted:

I'm pretty sure :lesnick: has previously credited both the continued crowdfunding post kickstarter based on the decision not to take on more investors as planned, plus the original name of "Star Citizen" all to Sandi Gardiner.

One of the three founders, Ortwin doesn't do anything and I suspect Chris Roberts does what he's told.

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

Thirsty Dog posted:

his actual last email was much much better

Romes128 posted:

yea the man who doesnt know how to cut a cake and looks like he has never interacted with a computer before is clearly another john carmack

good one sandi

Romes128
Dec 28, 2008

Fun Shoe

Xaerael posted:

You've seen the way he types like a granny, right? I can full imagine when the guys doing the actual work let him write a line or two, it does indeed take him late into the night to complete it.

I'm also sure that it's then deleted and done properly because he just hosed the whole thing up.

He types like my 60 year old father who has to search for each letter on the keyboard cause he literally never gave a gently caress about typewriters or computers until like last year

Gryphon0468
Oct 3, 2015

ASK ME IF YOU WANT TO KNOW WHAT ITS LIKE TO SUCK OFF CHRIS ROBERTS
Hey guys I got a refund.

EminusSleepus
Sep 28, 2015

Gryphon0468 posted:

Hey guys I got a refund.

WTF? how much?

fakeedit: gently caress it is Gryphon, move along nothing to see here

Romes128
Dec 28, 2008

Fun Shoe

AP posted:

I'm pretty sure :lesnick: has previously credited both the continued crowdfunding post kickstarter based on the decision not to take on more investors as planned, plus the original name of "Star Citizen" all to Sandi Gardiner.

One of the three founders, Ortwin doesn't do anything and I suspect Chris Roberts does what he's told.

Ortwin and Erin are now qualified to teach special ed classes because of working with Chris and sandi.

Hav
Dec 11, 2009

Fun Shoe

Chalks posted:

Yeah - it's an amazing sentence. She's saying she knows exactly how corporate PR works because she's used to silencing naughty children in a classroom. Consumers need to be brought into line with the correct facts about the product and should listen silently.

Specifically, she's attempting to take the mantle of seniority by re-iterating all the reasons why you should listen to her. Bad move from anyone with a passing fancy to be in PR, she makes it about herself rather than the product. Look at the frequency of 'I' in her emails...

That she can't censor herself in the same fashion that Croberts couldn't is actually hilarious.

Chalks posted:

Under normal circumstances you'd be really shocked and ask how something like this could happen - but she happens to be married to the owner of the business who is operating with no accountability what so ever with a blank cheque from a bunch of idiots.

I suspect there will be accountability; bearing in mind that the tide is beginning to turn on them, and those adoring fans will become raging wolves once their dream is not realized. The media will go apeshit, because it'll be the biggest crowd-sourcing malfeasance ever, and we can go back to making fun of DS making the same game for thirty years.

Romes128 posted:

Redtube. He spents nights on Redtube.

AP
Jul 12, 2004

One Ring to find them
Grimey Drawer

Gryphon0468 posted:

Hey guys I got a refund.