Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Soothing Vapors
Mar 26, 2006

Associate Justice Lena "Kegels" Dunham: An uncool thought to have: 'is that guy walking in the dark behind me a rapist? Never mind, he's Asian.
aiding and abetting corporate espionage lmao

how are these people this endlessly entertaining

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

She's named herself Judge Judy and executioner!

EminusSleepus
Sep 28, 2015

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK posted:

you have been reported

maybe you can argue your case to the greatest CS rep IN THE WORLD since she was a child

Spacecourt!

Chalks
Sep 30, 2009

Holy poo poo let me get this straight - Sandi is currently having a complete meltdown to someone via their support ticket system ranting about how amazing she is and how Derek Smart has an insider performing corporate espionage for him??

Sandi! Christmas is over! You don't need to do this! You're too kind!

AP
Jul 12, 2004

One Ring to fool them all
One Ring to find them
One Ring to milk them all
and pockets fully line them
Grimey Drawer
I really hope they get SQ42 out by May, although them going bust would be hilarious I really want to see the reaction to the "game" first, once I've fully enjoyed that, then they can go bust.

Romes128
Dec 28, 2008

Fun Shoe

FactsAreUseless posted:

They won't. They'll do the minimum they need to deliver a "product" and it will be bad but will also probably be at least Eve-level popular.

they've already released a quality product, which is why they're denying refunds. 2.0 is going to just become the game after sq42 comes out and a few ships get added and some other minor gameplay elements.

i dont think they're going to be doing any further major work on the actual start citizen game. they'll just edit the feature list on their website like that hve in the past.

G0RF
Mar 19, 2015

Some galactic defender you are, Space Cadet.
Sandi's letters to Beer are like Robert Durst's live mike confessions, "what the hell did I do? Killed them all, of course."

Only Sandi's confession is in butchered English, and far more concise.

"Balls."

Tijuana Bibliophile
Dec 30, 2008

Scratchmo
How did they not even pretend to have a real reason for their stupid vanity ban?

Well, Space Court is adjourned. Expect force-refund in two weeks.

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
i like how they combined two crimes into one crime there

that was pretty good

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Chalks posted:

Holy poo poo let me get this straight - Sandi is currently having a complete meltdown to someone via their support ticket system ranting about how amazing she is and how Derek Smart has an insider performing corporate espionage for him??

Sandi! Christmas is over! You don't need to do this! You're too kind!

2 weeks

Nickiepoo
Jun 24, 2013
Oh god I came back to this thread at the perfect time.

Thank you SC, for the gift that keeps on giving.

AP
Jul 12, 2004

One Ring to find them
Grimey Drawer
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ItcB9vN3MCw

How I imagine reviews of SQ42 will be received in CIG.

MeLKoR
Dec 23, 2004

by FactsAreUseless

Daztek posted:

This one is the best, especially the last paragraph.

These people must absolutely seethe whenever Elite is mentioned.

Ezekeel
Nov 18, 2015
Wonder how much effort it would take to get some random people from the RSI forum banned. Create a Twitter account and SA account with the same name and avatar. Friend Derek, Lizzy, bandit, Beer, ... on Twitter and start taking jabs at CIG. Maybe we should have a little competition. :devil:

Tijuana Bibliophile
Dec 30, 2008

Scratchmo

AP posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ItcB9vN3MCw

How I imagine reviews of SQ42 will be received in CIG.

To be fair, I think Chris and Sandi wouldn't be much fazed by the exhortation to "take the money and get off my property"

Tijuana Bibliophile
Dec 30, 2008

Scratchmo

Ezekeel posted:

Wonder how much effort it would take to get some random people from the RSI forum banned. Create a Twitter account and SA account with the same name and avatar. Friend Derek, Lizzy, bandit, Beer, ... on Twitter and start taking jabs at CIG. Maybe we should have a little competition. :devil:

It's like Stargur alpha 2.0

Sarsapariller
Aug 14, 2015

Occasional vampire queen

MeLKoR posted:

Sandi is perfectly aware of Elite, as she is perfectly aware of all things. It is insignificant in her eyes, a sparrow's fart before the hurricane of greatness that is to come.

AP posted:

Odd, my RSI account is still ok even though I talk to Derek.

Mine too but that's because my game name and forum name are not the same. I don't think they really obsessively stalk any but the most popular of us. Everyone else is not worth Sandi's time.

Sarsapariller
Aug 14, 2015

Occasional vampire queen

Ezekeel posted:

You say that as if we weren't already doing this

it dont matter
Aug 29, 2008

It is very funny that they are getting so upset by any criticism. If you are making a product for public consumption, especially in the entertainment industry, you've got to have thick skin. It doesn't matter what you do there will always be people who don't like it. The way to respond to this is not to censor anything you perceive as negative and whine about how you're under attack.

And Sandi wants to be an actress (fyi you're past it, ain't happening). There are these people called "movie critics" who are famous for being unkind, Sandi.

EightAce
May 10, 2015

Watch it all come crashing down on his head and wonder why any of us gave him money in the first place.

EightAce fucked around with this message at 20:40 on Apr 7, 2016

AP
Jul 12, 2004

One Ring to find them
Grimey Drawer
The best bit was how Beer asked who he was talking to so Sandi pretended it wasn't her, complained about long emails, pretended to pass the conversation chain to herself and then wrote long reply emails.

Tijuana Bibliophile
Dec 30, 2008

Scratchmo
:nms:http://imgur.com/LD2Jbd3.jpg:nms:

also :nws:

Tippis
Mar 21, 2008

It's yet another day in the wasteland.

Romes128 posted:

wait, did they just inadvertently admit that DS had/has a source in their company regarding the whole vindicator thing?

Good job giving DS more credibility CIG!

It's as if they had no coherent or central corporate communication strategy the way a competent company would.

So is there anyone at the top or in an outwards facing position that hasn't managed to reveal sensitive information at this point? How deep are the dents in Erin's and Ortwin's foreheads at this point from the constant facepalming they much be subjecting themselves to?

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

MeLKoR posted:

nah croberts will just do another 10 for the chairman and make up features that are totally real and better than those other competitor games. we have been working on them in secret this whole time too

AP
Jul 12, 2004

One Ring to find them
Grimey Drawer
Although I am a qualified teacher and one of the best saleswomen in the world since a little girl were pretty good too.

Thirsty Dog
May 31, 2007

AP posted:

The best bit was how Beer asked who he was talking to so Sandi pretended it wasn't her, complained about long emails, pretended to pass the conversation chain to herself and then wrote long reply emails.

I don't believe the first person was Sandi.

TTerrible
Jul 15, 2005
Well, I just got an email telling me I'm getting a free Oculus Rift so I hope SC rushes to implement VR as soon as possible so I can vomit into my poopsock while grinding for my Idris.

This is a post to let everyone know I'm getting a free rift.

Scruffpuff
Dec 23, 2015

Fidelity. Wait, was I'm working on again?

TTerrible posted:

Well, I just got an email telling me I'm getting a free Oculus Rift so I hope SC rushes to implement VR as soon as possible so I can vomit into my poopsock while grinding for my Idris.

That is outstanding. Do we get periodic reviews of your experience? Would be nice to get a perspective before I smack down the cash myself.

Tippis
Mar 21, 2008

It's yet another day in the wasteland.

TTerrible posted:

You intend to vomit into your poopsock, you say? Wouldn't it be better to get a supplemental vomitsock instead?

Tijuana Bibliophile
Dec 30, 2008

Scratchmo

TTerrible posted:

it's still not a rolex though

Lowtax
Nov 16, 1999

by Skyl3lazer

AP posted:

I liked the voting part. Like they hold a company conference and tally votes each time they decide to ban somebody. But why should Sandi get only one vote when she is doing the work of hundreds of people?!?!?

That Works
Jul 22, 2006

Every revolution evaporates and leaves behind only the slime of a new bureaucracy

I don't see how a "Multimillionaire corporate VP" would have the time to keep up a multiple email exchange with a customer. Hell I am only a research worker and if someone ends up giving me 3-4 successive replies to a normal query I nip that poo poo in the bud because it eats up too much time with the back and forth.

It's almost like these people have lots of time on their hands or don't have a structure about what they are supposed to do within a given day/week/ etc.

Chalks
Sep 30, 2009

I think these emails clear up once and for all the question of whether or not Star Citizen is an intentional scam from those at the top: It's clearly not.

It is pure delusion and fantasy.

These emails are unbelievable. Sandi genuinely thinks she is the greatest marketing person who ever lived and has clearly no idea that she is simply milking a small number of desperate nerds using dreams that can never be fulfilled. She thinks her husband is a genuine game development genius, despite doing nothing of note for the last 15 years and absolutely wrecking the prospects of the game with his ludicrous scope creep.

They genuinely believe their own hype, they've swallowed it whole. CR thinks he is going to release the ultimate mega-game that includes every far fetched sandbox idea that anyone has ever thought of all in high fidelity with millions of players. Sandi genuinely believes she's "marketing" the game and raising hundreds of millions of dollars by selling their game to a huge audience. None of it is true but they don't have any idea.

I used to think that CR and his cronies were going to bail once their funding starts to dry up - but now I think he's going down with the ship. He believes he is the man the cultists say he is. He can do anything. Hundreds of thousands of developers before him have failed but he is the one, the true visionary, to bring the world something ground breaking.

This is wonderful.

Why shouldn't they "silence doubters" for things they post off site? After all, they are gods among mere mortals.

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

In case anyone was wondering, you can indeed get banned for what you post off-site.

I'd like to extend my thanks to Sandi and Patrick for being so forthright and polite with me. At first I was a little worried I wouldn't see anything beyond an automated response, but then an anonymous CS rep helped me out, followed by Sandi herself, and then when Sandi couldn't provide the necessary information Patrick was kind enough to clarify.

I hope you guys find the attached conversation as enlightening as I did.

That last email :vince:

Xaerael
Aug 25, 2010

Marching Powder is objectively the worst poster known. He also needs to learn how a keyboard works.

The thing about Sandi is, she's either an idiot or a genius. She's either an idiot who believes all the badly researched, lying, offensive poo poo she says, or she's a genius who's worked out the most accurate way to annoy me. In which case, fair play to her, she's god.

Xaerael
Aug 25, 2010

Marching Powder is objectively the worst poster known. He also needs to learn how a keyboard works.

(I stole the framing of my last post)

Generation Internet
Jan 18, 2009

Where angels and generals fear to tread.
Thanks for posting all that Beer, it's going to be a great historical source for whenever this all explodes spectacularly or fizzles out as a disappointment to all the cultists.

I'm not sure how anyone could look at the tone and language of everyone in that exchange and think "hmm yes Beer is the toxic malcontent" unironically.

Sarsapariller
Aug 14, 2015

Occasional vampire queen

Lowtax posted:

I liked the voting part. Like they hold a company conference and tally votes each time they decide to ban somebody. But why should Sandi get only one vote when she is doing the work of hundreds of people?!?!?

You realize that if you tweak her with an article on the main page she will likely respond with a full public meltdown. This is all very reminiscent of something.

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

That Works posted:

I don't see how a "Multimillionaire corporate VP" would have the time to keep up a multiple email exchange with a customer. Hell I am only a research worker and if someone ends up giving me 3-4 successive replies to a normal query I nip that poo poo in the bud because it eats up too much time with the back and forth.

It's almost like these people have lots of time on their hands or don't have a structure about what they are supposed to do within a given day/week/ etc.

maybe she writes her crazy rants on downtime at the set of her acting job ahhahahahah

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lowtax
Nov 16, 1999

by Skyl3lazer

That Works posted:

Maybe she has feature creep on her job duties

• Locked thread