Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

edogawa rando
Mar 20, 2007

Dimebags Brain posted:

I know it's Miz and Morrison so who cares but didn't they just become the new Tag Champs yesterday? Why are they jobbing 24 hours later?

"Because they're the champs and they can take the loss. They look strong by virtue of being champions" is pretty much appears to be Vince-logic. God forbid we have a non-World Champion look strong for a change.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blaise330
Aug 13, 2007

GOD'S FAVORITE CHAMPION
I'm impressed either show had enough tag teams to do an elimination chamber. Granted, one of them is the lucha house party but still.

Ziggler and Roode are 100% winning this aren't they?

Blaise330 fucked around with this message at 08:19 on Feb 29, 2020

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.
I don't know why WWE is so determined to keep their trope of "Champion loses match to set up title match" but at least they "got rid of" automatic re-matches.

Why are there so many non-title matches in the WWE anyway with a roster of 300. When will Vince get scared and use the AEW ranking system before deleting it again two weeks later like he did the last three ranking systems

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
I'm still amazed that they instituted the SMACKDOWN TOP 10 purely to run a lovely Orton/Roode/Jinder feud

Blaise330
Aug 13, 2007

GOD'S FAVORITE CHAMPION

Rarity posted:

I'm still amazed that they instituted the SMACKDOWN TOP 10 purely to run a lovely Orton/Roode/Jinder feud

If only the top 10 was a power ranking and not the locker room voting which makes it a super catty popularity contest.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

The other thing about the Cena/Wyatt thing is tha-

dsriggs posted:

Jack Gallagher has shown up on 205 Live with the worst tattoos in recorded history

https://twitter.com/candicelerey/status/1233595707619078145

Wait... what was I saying? I... what? WHAT!?!

Golden Bee
Dec 24, 2009

I came here to chew bubblegum and quote 'They Live', and I'm... at an impasse.
He was a tremendous wrestler and now he’s a tremendous dipshit.

Incessant Excess
Aug 15, 2005

Cause of glitch:
Pretentiousness
So EC is going to have a women's and a tag team chamber match and that's it? Goddamn that show is gonna be dire.

Sydney Bottocks
Oct 15, 2004

GJ: drat ye! Let Neptune strike ye dead Vincent Kennedy McMahon! HAAARK! Hark Triton, hark! Bellow, bid our father the Sea King rise from the depths full foul in his fury! Black waves teeming with salt foam to smother this old mouth with pungent slime, to choke ye, engorging your organs til’ ye turn blue and bloated with bilge and brine and can scream no more -- only when he, crowned in cockle shells with slitherin’ tentacle tail and steaming beard take up his fell be-finned arm, his coral-tine trident screeches banshee-like in the tempest and plunges right through yer gullet, bursting ye -- a bulging bladder no more, but a blasted bloody film now, a nothing for the harpies and the souls of dead sailors to peck and claw and feed upon only to be lapped up and swallowed by the infinite waters of the Dread Emperor himself -- forgotten to any man, to any time, forgotten to any god or devil, forgotten even to the sea, for any stuff or part of McMahon, even any scantling of your soul is McMahon no more, but is now itself the sea!

VKM: Alright, have it your way. You can do flips on 205 Live.

Blaise330
Aug 13, 2007

GOD'S FAVORITE CHAMPION

Incessant Excess posted:

So EC is going to have a women's and a tag team chamber match and that's it? Goddamn that show is gonna be dire.

Sheamus announced last week he's going to be in the smackdown men's elimination chamber.

*Camera cut to him standing in a pod alone.*

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

This is me as I make another great post

Good luck with your depression!

Sydney Bottocks posted:

GJ: drat ye! Let Neptune strike ye dead Vincent Kennedy McMahon! HAAARK! Hark Triton, hark! Bellow, bid our father the Sea King rise from the depths full foul in his fury! Black waves teeming with salt foam to smother this old mouth with pungent slime, to choke ye, engorging your organs til’ ye turn blue and bloated with bilge and brine and can scream no more -- only when he, crowned in cockle shells with slitherin’ tentacle tail and steaming beard take up his fell be-finned arm, his coral-tine trident screeches banshee-like in the tempest and plunges right through yer gullet, bursting ye -- a bulging bladder no more, but a blasted bloody film now, a nothing for the harpies and the souls of dead sailors to peck and claw and feed upon only to be lapped up and swallowed by the infinite waters of the Dread Emperor himself -- forgotten to any man, to any time, forgotten to any god or devil, forgotten even to the sea, for any stuff or part of McMahon, even any scantling of your soul is McMahon no more, but is now itself the sea!

Vince wishes he had a promo as good as Willem

Sydney Bottocks
Oct 15, 2004

Prokhor Zakharov posted:

Vince wishes he had a promo as good as Willem

Nah, not enough references to the WWE Universe for Vince's liking :v:

Cerebral Bore
Apr 21, 2010

Fun Shoe
It's just such a loving stark contrast when AEW has spent months building up their marquee matches with the faces having to fight their way towards their goals and here comes the fed where one guy gets a title shot because he wants one I guess? Also the biggest supposed babyface of the past two decades is gonna fight a spooky clown and be revealed as a hypocrite or not fight a spooky clown and be revealed as a liar and a coward.

Riveting stuff.

Spiderdrake
May 12, 2001

Blaise330 posted:

Sheamus announced last week he's going to be in the smackdown men's elimination chamber.

*Camera cut to him standing in a pod alone.*
Is that better or worse than it being for like, one of the third string titles?

Elimination Chamber for your choice of a title shot at: The US title, the IC title, the 24/7 title and uhhh the North American NXT title?

Blaise330
Aug 13, 2007

GOD'S FAVORITE CHAMPION
Taking a wrestlemania spot after doing a speech about not deserving one because "the boys and girls in the locker room worked too drat hard all year" is so...

Like just don't even do the speech, talk about having your cake and eating it too.

Blaise330
Aug 13, 2007

GOD'S FAVORITE CHAMPION

Spiderdrake posted:

Is that better or worse than it being for like, one of the third string titles?

Elimination Chamber for your choice of a title shot at: The US title, the IC title, the 24/7 title and uhhh the North American NXT title?

The fact you put the 24/7 title in that group speaks volumes. At least the US title is a bit rehabbed although now its on a guy who pissed hot and had to miss 30 days while they replaced him with a doppelganger just cause they're both the same race.

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

And the mercy seat is awaiting,
And I think my head is burning,
And in a way I'm yearning,
To be done with all this measuring of proof.
An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
And anyway I told the truth,
And I'm not afraid to die.
Wrestling is like poetry it rhymes when it comes to new blood vs 90s stars

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dfp0NLNn3oI

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010

Sydney Bottocks posted:

If I had a steakwrap... I'd gently caress it

hadji murad
Apr 18, 2006

Cerebral Bore posted:

It's just such a loving stark contrast when AEW has spent months building up their marquee matches with the faces having to fight their way towards their goals and here comes the fed where one guy gets a title shot because he wants one I guess? Also the biggest supposed babyface of the past two decades is gonna fight a spooky clown and be revealed as a hypocrite or not fight a spooky clown and be revealed as a liar and a coward.

Riveting stuff.

they book for people who might watch the product once a year

Cerebral Bore
Apr 21, 2010

Fun Shoe

hadji murad posted:

they book for people who might watch the product once a year

Well, they book for Vince so I guess you're technically not wrong here.

Blaise330
Aug 13, 2007

GOD'S FAVORITE CHAMPION
Happy (Not-Lethal) Leap Year! Extra day of this thread.

Incessant Excess
Aug 15, 2005

Cause of glitch:
Pretentiousness
Tag champs being pinned clean to build to a chamber match that the team that pinned them was already part of is something else. I guess Miz and Morrison retain at EC and then it's them vs the Usos at Mania? That's the only way I can make sense of it at least.

Blasmeister
Jan 15, 2012

2Time TRP Sack Race Champion

I regret to inform everyone that Baron Corbin did a good thing

https://twitter.com/BaronCorbinWWE/status/1233540780058435585

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Dimebags Brain posted:

I know it's Miz and Morrison so who cares but didn't they just become the new Tag Champs yesterday? Why are they jobbing 24 hours later?

https://twitter.com/WWEBrayWyatt/status/1233601291991076869

In case it's deleted:

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

I still enjoy WWE wrestlers making GBS threads on the product no matter how often it happens

TV Zombie
Sep 6, 2011

Burying all the trauma from past nights
Burying my anger in the past

How long is it before WM? Maybe Cena can explain his actions and there can be some build up for his potential match with Wyatt.

Blaise330
Aug 13, 2007

GOD'S FAVORITE CHAMPION
Cena: i know i promised the locker room i wouldn't take a mania slot from them, so the fiend and I will face..... on the preshow........... in the armbar

Incessant Excess
Aug 15, 2005

Cause of glitch:
Pretentiousness
Cena: I don't want you to be disappointed that it's not me challenging Goldberg, so I'll pretend it would be no match at all if it weren't for the Fiend.

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

dsriggs posted:

Jack Gallagher has shown up on 205 Live with the worst tattoos in recorded history

Lmao drat man

fatherofmustard
May 15, 2018

SD: 2.716 million and .8 in the 18-49 demo

I won't be that surprised if they keep the title on Goldberg

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

dsriggs posted:

They look pretty well done, just placed such that they do nothing but flatten out his physique.

Blaise330
Aug 13, 2007

GOD'S FAVORITE CHAMPION

fatherofmustard posted:

SD: 2.716 million and .8 in the 18-49 demo

I won't be that surprised if they keep the title on Goldberg

Show sold out too, might have to put IC title on cena

Procrastinator
Aug 16, 2009

what?

Endless Mike posted:

They look pretty well done, just placed such that they do nothing but flatten out his physique.

next up, tony nese tattoos his abs

fatherofmustard
May 15, 2018

Blaise330 posted:

Show sold out too, might have to put IC title on cena

Screw that, Cena should win the WWE title. WM can end with him and Goldberg celebrating as champs like Eddie and Benoit.

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

Goldberg, still a draw

Suck it angry WWE fans

But seriously I can't imagine giving a poo poo about the current WWE product enough to get mad at the 2043th stupid booking decision in a calendar year

Lumbermouth
Mar 6, 2008

GREG IS BIG NOW

dsriggs posted:

Brylcreem
Creatine
And a bag of Charlie Sheen

Blaise330
Aug 13, 2007

GOD'S FAVORITE CHAMPION
Gillberg had his final match of his career 1 day after goldberg won the title. Life is funny sometimes.

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST
Southpaw Regional Wrestling is returning later this year.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=63WvaM7E0u4

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

DarkstarIV posted:

Southpaw Regional Wrestling is returning later this year.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=63WvaM7E0u4

Oh cool, something else for WWE to ruin.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

Lumbermouth posted:

Brylcreem
Creatine
And a bag of Charlie Sheen

Never fight a man with a bad tattoo?