Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

The Droid posted:

so does anyone know where on the timeline the new movie is taking place anyways
After RotJ, probably 20-30 years later since they are going to have Luke, Leia, and Han

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

rocket_man38
Jan 23, 2006

My life is a barrel o' fun!!
http://www.foxnews.com/entertainment/2014/04/29/star-wars-episode-vii-cast-revealed/

I'm guessing the black dude is related to Lando in some way. Also please don't play a comedic character Serkis.

That DICK!
Sep 28, 2010

Lando will be a CGI white man, as George Lucas intended

rocket_man38
Jan 23, 2006

That DICK! posted:

Lando will be a CGI white man, as George Lucas intended

Well They did cancel the canon so it's possible.

rodbeard
Jul 21, 2005

Apollodorus posted:

I don't care if he hates Star Wars, he's pretty much the number 1 reason I love Star Wars.

If I were in his shoes I'd probably hate Star Wars too, though.

Well unlike everyone else in the series, Star Wars is what actually gave him a career, so I assume he wouldn't be complaining that much if it weren't for the fact that he's managed to act like a grumpy old fart for his entire career.

boom boom boom
Jun 28, 2012

by Shine

FlamingLiberal posted:

After RotJ, probably 20-30 years later since they are going to have Luke, Leia, and Han

They're gonna need really good make-up people if they're having Harrison Ford playing Han Solo and want people to believe it's only 30 years later.

the Pixies fukken SUCKED
Jul 16, 2003

Figure 2 in a series of 3
nice, owned neckbeards!

Punished Chuck
Dec 27, 2010

I wonder how that one goon who named her daughter Mara Jade is handling this.

suck my woke dick
Oct 10, 2012

:siren:I CANNOT EJACULATE WITHOUT SEEING NATIVE AMERICANS BRUTALISED!:siren:

Put this cum-loving slave on ignore immediately!

WeaponGradeSadness posted:

I wonder how that one goon who named her daughter Mara Jade is handling this.

:laffo:

Well she must be in good company, maybe her kid should become friends with real life :tali: and :liara:

OXBALLS DOT COM
Sep 11, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Young Orc

blowfish posted:

:laffo:

Well she must be in good company, maybe her kid should become friends with real life :tali: and :liara:

someone explain to me what these emots mean

Germstore
Oct 17, 2012

A Serious Candidate For a Serious Time
Characters from Mass Effect, which doesn't make sense because those characters are still canon.

goodnight mooned
Aug 2, 2007

Big Beef City posted:

Darth Snoop and it's snoop dogg as a dark jedi and he attacks Darth Dre and cuts him down and then they both smoke a huge bowl using their lightsabers to reach down to spark it and then snoop dogg exhales the weed smoke and the smoke looks like yoda with huge tits.

Corek
May 11, 2013

by R. Guyovich
the mass effect thread bought huge numbers of smilies, all before mass effect 3 came out

suck my woke dick
Oct 10, 2012

:siren:I CANNOT EJACULATE WITHOUT SEEING NATIVE AMERICANS BRUTALISED!:siren:

Put this cum-loving slave on ignore immediately!

Germstore posted:

Characters from Mass Effect, which doesn't make sense because those characters are still canon.

However there are actual baby girls named after video game love interests.

Iprazochrome
Nov 3, 2008

Germstore posted:

Mass Effect 3 ending

rocket_man38
Jan 23, 2006

Bolian Blues posted:

Mass Effect 3 ending

Are there any kids named "Kyle Katarn"?

EDIT: didn't find any, but found this instead..ugh:

https://www.fanfiction.net/s/7850126/1/Kyle-Katarn-Facts

Amarkov
Jun 21, 2010

boom boom boom posted:

They're gonna need really good make-up people if they're having Harrison Ford playing Han Solo and want people to believe it's only 30 years later.

Return of the Jedi was released 31 years ago, so...

boom boom boom
Jun 28, 2012

by Shine

Amarkov posted:

Return of the Jedi was released 31 years ago, so...

Yeah and Harrison Ford aged 55 years in that time.

That's why the fourth Indiana Jones movie didn't have Sean Connery, they didn't want to explain why Indiana was older than his dad.

Germstore
Oct 17, 2012

A Serious Candidate For a Serious Time
Shia Labeouf to play Han Solo's son (who isn't named 'Anakin Solo' because holy poo poo, that's like naming your kid 'Adolf' after WWII).

nomadologique
Mar 9, 2011

DUNK A DILL PICKLE REALDO
andy serkis to play jar jar's gay son.

rocket_man38
Jan 23, 2006

nomadologique posted:

andy serkis to play jar jar's gay son.

This is a legitimate fear. Could you imagine a Jar Jar with a lisp?

OXBALLS DOT COM
Sep 11, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Young Orc
it would have been cool if senator jar jar in the second movie opened his mouth and spoke in a refined patrician accent done by the same voice actor

quakster
Jul 21, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

blowfish posted:

However there are actual baby girls named after video game love interests.
hand in your nerd badge if you dont name your children after nerd fetish objects (you wont have kids because you chopped off your dilz trying to become a fetish object)

closeted republican
Sep 9, 2005

The Droid posted:

so does anyone know where on the timeline the new movie is taking place anyways

wanna see how they explain luke looking old and strung-out in the movie

Apollodorus
Feb 13, 2010

TEST YOUR MIGHT
:patriot:
Eh, Palpatine's wrinkliness was contagious through the lightning bolts or whatever.

Fill Baptismal
Dec 15, 2008

closeted republican posted:

wanna see how they explain luke looking old and strung-out in the movie

The human process of aging?

Alternative explanation: Movie takes place only five years after RotJ, but it turns out light-saber radiation is incredibly harmful to your health. All our heroes have space cancer. The only reason Obi-Wan lived to a decent age was because he went out to the desert and didn't use the drat thing for decades.

...of SCIENCE!
Apr 26, 2008

by Fluffdaddy

boom boom boom posted:

Yeah and Harrison Ford aged 55 years in that time.

That's why the fourth Indiana Jones movie didn't have Sean Connery, they didn't want to explain why Indiana was older than his dad.

sorry dude Sean Connery is old as gently caress now

rocket_man38
Jan 23, 2006

I'm so glad that Disney is keeping Darth Maul returning and his brother Savage Oppress canon.

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

rocket_man38 posted:

http://www.foxnews.com/entertainment/2014/04/29/star-wars-episode-vii-cast-revealed/

I'm guessing the black dude is related to Lando in some way. Also please don't play a comedic character Serkis.

Awesome, Lawrence Kasden touched the script last.

Riotgrrill
Sep 3, 2004

rocket_man38 posted:

mace windu's illegitimate son

Tunahead
Mar 26, 2010

themrguy posted:

The human process of aging?

Alternative explanation: Movie takes place only five years after RotJ, but it turns out light-saber radiation is incredibly harmful to your health. All our heroes have space cancer. The only reason Obi-Wan lived to a decent age was because he went out to the desert and didn't use the drat thing for decades.

Sounds gratuitously angsty and depressing. Now add evil clones and your journey to become an EU novelist will be complete.

Telesphorus
Oct 28, 2013
let's hope Episode 7 is good because the prequels sucked and the original trilogy was only good in childhood retrospect

WIFEY WATCHDOG
Jun 25, 2012

Yeah, well I don't trust this guy. I think he regifted, he degifted, and now he's using an upstairs invite as a springboard to a Super Bowl sex romp.

Fireless Phoenix posted:

If you think about it, SW is poo poo. Even the original trilogy.

Hmmm, u have a point

Blast of Confetti
Apr 21, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

something9999
Oct 7, 2013
finally got around to reading this thread. loving lol.

rocket_man38
Jan 23, 2006

Ordrakon posted:

finally got around to reading this thread. loving lol.

You should check out Wookiepedia. So many Spergs desperately adding the "LEGENDS" tag to everything already. "Must...fix...canon..." *types furiously*

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

...of SCIENCE! posted:

sorry dude Sean Connery is old as gently caress now

That barely looks any different from when he was in the rock.

icantfindaname
Jul 1, 2008

rocket_man38 posted:

You should check out Wookiepedia.

nah i think i'll pass thanks

rocket_man38
Jan 23, 2006

icantfindaname posted:

nah i think i'll pass thanks

The force isn't with you then :smug: *

*may or may not be canon, I dunno.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BOAT SHOWBOAT
Oct 11, 2007

who do you carry the torch for, my young man?
"In an official statement from Lucasfilm, it has been announced that no content from Episodes IV to VI is to be canon: "Star Wars" now only refers to the story depicted in the prequel trilogy, with the older films to never be rereleased."

• Locked thread