Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Beef Turret
Jul 9, 2009

by Lowtax
I believe in god

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ocean Book
Sep 27, 2010

:yum: - hi
I believe in You!

The Protagonist
Jun 29, 2009

The average is 5.5? I thought it was 4. This is very unsettling.
I believe in GANSTERCOMPUTERGODWORLDWIDESECRETCONTAINMENTPOLICY

Jesus Christ
Jun 1, 2000

mods if you can make this my avatar I will gladly pay 10bux to the coffers

Ocean Book posted:

thanks for raising the sun again

np

Cnut the Great
Mar 30, 2014

sorry Jesus, i believe you were a great man and a Prophet but you are NOT God

Ocean Book
Sep 27, 2010

Benedick Cuckold posted:

sorry Jesus, i believe you were a great man and a Prophet but you are NOT God

What is God?

Phil Niekro
Jun 4, 2005

God is great and I am proud to serve our Lord and Savior, Jesus Christ.

Fog Tripper
Mar 3, 2008

by Smythe
Creator, I can dig it
Souls, again I can dig it
Souls in all sentient beings, sure, not a stretch from the above. After all, we are just lifeforms evolved from single cell organisms. I doubt that there was a specific spot along evolution that souls suddenly entered into a species. That said, folks get more upset about killing humans than killing other beings/species of life. Which is weird. Humans are not more special snowflakes. They merely followed a different evolutionary path.

Do I pray? I certainly thank the cow for allowing me to eat steak, cooked to perfection. Is that prayer?

Suck on that, atheists.

edit: praise Gaia

Medium Cool
Dec 27, 2006

Yr sister is a beauty when she's naked
Grimey Drawer
i love the devil

Cnut the Great
Mar 30, 2014

Ocean Book posted:

What is God?

God is Love

no, not the literal dictionary definition. he is actually something completely different that doesn't self-evidently exist like love does. i was actually being intellectually evasive and dishonest in my attempt to sway you over to my position using common ground.

Phil Niekro
Jun 4, 2005

want to gently caress god? realize his omnipresence guarantees that your always inside him and he is penetrating you in return

Ocean Book
Sep 27, 2010

Benedick Cuckold posted:

God is Love

no, not the literal dictionary definition. he is actually something completely different that doesn't self-evidently exist like love does. i was actually being intellectually evasive and dishonest in my attempt to sway you over to my position using common ground.

Wrong. God is a different thing. Nice try though.

ilikedirt
Oct 15, 2004

king of posting

Ocean Book posted:

What is God?

baby dont hurt me
dont hurt me
no more

TEAYCHES
Jun 23, 2002

butplug accident posted:

I believe in god

lmao

i have a book recommendation. the god delusion by professor dick dorkins. stick it in your mindhole and prepare to be blown

Phil Niekro
Jun 4, 2005

jesus for honorary admin

Ocean Book
Sep 27, 2010

God is all that is, and all that isn't. All that was, and all that wasn't. All that that will, and all that will not be. Amen.

Phil Niekro
Jun 4, 2005

Ocean Book posted:

God is all that is, and all that isn't. All that was, and all that wasn't. All that that will, and all that will not be. Amen.

god loving rules!

Ocean Book
Sep 27, 2010

Thrill Cosby posted:

god loving rules!

Basically, yah

TEAYCHES
Jun 23, 2002

i dont dig you, god

Sponge Baathist
Jan 30, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
:happyelf:

Mikedawson
Jun 21, 2013

God wants to watch us suffer.

Phil Niekro
Jun 4, 2005

Mr Tastee posted:

God wants to watch us suffer.

your wrong

Ocean Book
Sep 27, 2010

It is interesting that god watches us suffer. Should it be otherwise, I ask the crowd?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Phil Niekro
Jun 4, 2005

when you realize the divinity within each one of us your realize we are the source of our own suffering

• Locked thread